Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeon! OOC

1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dungeon! OOC

Also, please be aware that if you don't see me around tomorrow, it's because I've finally admitted that I might have food poisoning and have decided to stay in bed instead of trying to carry on as normal.

At the moment, though, I'm calling it a 3-day-old upset stomach that's just getting worse before it gets better, so for now continue as planned.
    It is what it is unless it is what it isn't. Or isn't what it is. But if it isn't what it isn't then it is what it is.

Dungeon! game currently being run. If this tickles your fancy, and you'd like to be notified when the next round of signups opens, come and say hi in the OOC Thread!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Colossus in the Playground

Too occupied for fluff, but I'll charge the giant again.
    (2d6+1)[12]

Please look after yourself Lime

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

I don't mind you rolling the doors if it will help speed things along. after all they are the "monster" of the room.

Tomorrow will be the last day I have internet while the move is going on. Expect me to be back by mid next week.
    Last edited by Mangles; 2012-09-13 at 04:40 AM.
    'Stralia: Now a campaign setting (D&D 3.5 E6)

4. - Top - End - #124

Officially on hiatus. I'm ill, Mangles is moving, Serpentine is moving country. Seems like the most logical thing to do.
    It is what it is unless it is what it isn't. Or isn't what it is. But if it isn't what it isn't then it is what it is.

Dungeon! game currently being run. If this tickles your fancy, and you'd like to be notified when the next round of signups opens, come and say hi in the OOC Thread!

5. - Top - End - #125

And...I guess I'll just sit here and twiddle my thumbs, I guess.

6. - Top - End - #126

I'm sorry. But rather than fizzle out, or insisting people keep posting when they've got other real life worries and resenting the thread as taking time to rush post, I think it's best to break for a few days and come back with the momentum we've had

7. - Top - End - #127

Then I'll just busy this thread with Nook roleplay, and his adventures in other dungeons

8. - Top - End - #128

I should be pretty much ready to go whenever, at least from tomorrow evening (my time). Look after yourself, drink lots of fluids and eat what you can and all that.

9. - Top - End - #129

Nook and the Puzzle Dungeon Part 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Why are we entering this hellhole again?" Nook asked irritatibly, as they ventured through a set of double doors, twin structures of stone that are obviously well-crafted, but time has since worn the the stone to the point that the shapes and murals on it are no longer recognisable.

"Yipyip! Treasure here good! Can Grondle go now?" the kobold prisoner and informant said.

"No." the wizard said simply, as he tugged on the string that held the kobold in place, forcing him to stumble forwards.

The door revealed a passageway that stretched a distance in, before coming to an intersection with a metal plate, with words scratched into it.

When right is left, and left begets right,
    when one leads to naught but a trap, and the other, splendor and might.
    Seek the path where light begins,
    and follow the source, where brightness ignites.

Nook glanced down both passageways, noting that both are well lighted with torches.

"...kobold, which hand do you use to write?"

"Grondle cannot write..."

"Well, worth a shot" Nook mused, before tossing the kobold down the right-handed path.

Immediately, the kobold triggered a pressure plate, and the ceiling fell on top of it, crushing it to a bloody pulp, before withdrawing.

"Ok.....this way then!" he said, retrieving the head of the kobold before leaving.

Walking down the correct passage, he spotted some skeletons, which he proceeded to flood the entire passage with a fireball. Problem solved.

The dungeon is wayyy too easy.
    Last edited by Vesth; 2012-09-15 at 09:10 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130

Nook and the Puzzle Dungeon Part 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nook immediately realized that his fireball had done more than to kill off his immediate monsters; it melted the walls, giving them a shiny exterior, while obliterating the next room as well.

Finding himself in...what was supposed to be an elaborate puzzle, Nook slowly edges around the sharp, broken bits of various pots of different sizes and shapes. The exit was guarded by a furious sphinx, her feathers singed, but otherwise unharmed.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY BEAUTIFUL PUZZLE ROOM?! MY-my..." the sphinx roared, eventually breaking into a sob.

That was unexpected.

The wizard slowly edged his way around the sphinx, keeping a wary eye on the volatile creature. Not that he didn't want to console her, but....he cared abut his hide more.

The next room was a long, rectangular room, with a simple table that is occupied with 7 different potions, lined up in the colors of the rainbow. The red potion was on the left-most side, and the violet, on the right. A portcullis blocked the way forward, with another damn plate next to the passage.

Anger is not the answer; that way lies madness.
    Neither is a glimmering pile of goldl to slow death it leads instead.
    Being Apathetic will not help your cause...
    But being an enemy of anger, it will not hinder you either.
    The sunset, surrounded by anger and greed alike, can only do so much to aid you.
    The hidden, the ignorant, the seldom remembered, holds the answer you seek. But beware! Her sister will kill you on sight.
    Finally, the last, life after death, is fickle.

Nook stared at the plate for a good long moment...before a plan came to his mind.

"Hey, uhh...there there, don't cry..."

"B-but my beautiful puzzle! I spent so much time..."

"Shush...I've got some potions to help you. It'll make you all right..."

"Drink one first."

...What?!"

"You heard me. That could be poison for all I know."

Nook stared at the sphinx, before looking at one of the potions in his hand...and back at the sphinx.

Here goes nothing...

Drinking one of the potions, he waited...but nothing happened. In fact...it tasted suspiciously like water.

"You see, it's perfectly safe..."

Several minutes later, he stood in front of a sphinx of stone holding six empty bottles, and off in the distance, the sound of the portcullis rising made him grin.

"So long, sucker."

Can anyone guess which was the right potion (and bonus points for which potion did what)?
    Last edited by Vesth; 2012-09-16 at 02:19 AM.

11. - Top - End - #131

I am back on the internet again. Whos go is it anyways?

12. - Top - End - #132

Red madness. Yellow slow death. Blue neither gd nor bad. Not sure which Newton invented to preserve the idea of 7, but id guess violet since it says invisible so ultra-violet? Don't know how green fits in

Long have I wished to have a thread that generated original content and now I have art and a spin-off! Feel free to keep posting Nook's adventures in the Puzzle Dungeon.

It's my go. I have to fluff for Serps and roll for treasure. Gimme a feW hrs, on fone (hence typing).

Thread officially off hiatus! Yay!

13. - Top - End - #133

Edit: double post. Board updated. Note that Madelyne is now in 2nd place!
    Last edited by --Lime--; 2012-09-18 at 05:11 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134

Madelyne swings, quite literally, back into action, fully healed and full of fight. Her sword cleaves downwards, held in both hands, and tears through centuries-old bandage with a small puff of dust. As it reels from the initial blow, she presses forth and dismembers it to be sure no magical reanimation remains, and says a quick prayer of Bolognese and Fusilli.

Scouting the room, Madelyne finds a little more than medical tools, but turning to leave, she spots a glint in the amber torch light. It's from the floor - more specifically the pile of dust and strips of bandage that used to be her foe. The mummy had had an emerald wrapped between the bandages on his forehead as part of the ceremony. Upon closer inspection, it wasn't any emerald, but a HUGE emerald. Pocketing it, Madelyne reckons she's about 5k closer to leaving the dungeon. She picks up her Goblinblade and smiles to herself.

Mangles' go!
    Last edited by --Lime--; 2012-09-18 at 05:07 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135

With his beard neatly braided, Floid decided it was time to put the thunder in his thighs and get out of this cage. Squatting down, setting his back straight, and lifting with his legs, Floid was glad he didn't wear trousers as the flexing would surely have torn them to ribbons.

Tossing the cage backwards over his head with a roar, and walking forwards, Floid sees what he was heading for when he entered the secret ante-chamber: the ring hanging from a thin chain from the archway to the next room. It was clearly designed to lure forth and trap treasure-hunters like himself, but the room's designers hadn't reckoned on Floid's raw power. Yanking the ring unceremoniously, the silver chain snapped quietly and snaked into his upturned palm. The whole combination found its way into his pouch.

The actual silver in the ring might not amount to much - certainly not when compared with entire sacks of gold pieces - but it was the workmanship that Floid knew would add to the price: he'd take no less than 2000 for it.

It was time to move on.

Still Mangles' turn! He gets free from the cage, which means he defeats the enemy, which means he gets a treasure because this is a room. Floid still has 5 movement points left. Also, before you ask, no, I didn't just take the treasure I rolled for the giant snake and bump it forwards to now: it was co-incidence that I rolled it again.

16. - Top - End - #136

Yay, treasure!

17. - Top - End - #137

Floid is happy to be free of that accursed trap and heads north with his beard held high. He feels like he has been sitting around for days as he kicks in the next door, glad to be back in the action.

MONSTER PLEASE!

(2d6+1)[6]

The green door just south of where I am. Does it connect to the little patch of yellow rooms I am in, or does it connect only to the east.
    Last edited by Mangles; 2012-09-18 at 06:04 AM.

18. - Top - End - #138

Only to the east, I'm afraid. You're right to ask, though, it's not the clearest.

19. - Top - End - #139

Floid presses on through the antechamber and into the main room. It is a clerk's office, with a desk and chair laid out facing the doorway. There is no chair on the doorway side of the desk. Whatever interviews or interrogations took place here, the non-official would be standing the whole time.

On the opposite side of the desk to Floid stands an enormous, shaggy silhouette. Without moving its body, the head rotates nearly a full half-turn, opens its beak, and squaks.

Floid can't believe his eyes. Who on earth would create such a monstrosity, he thinks, something so evil and against the laws of natu- It is at precisely this moment that he remembers Nook, and suddenly everything makes sense. Bloody wizards. What possible need could there be for an

OWLBEAR

Spoiler
    Show
    Floid charges at the beast that should not be, aiming to leap clean over the desk before the massive, shambling animal can turn around. But the owlbear does not shamble - it is quick, and despite its seven-and-a-half-feet of bulk, its wings provide an unexpected burst of acceleration. In a flurry of feathers, the owlbear smashes into Floid as he is mid-air, hurdling the desk. He is knocked instantly to the floor in a simple matter of the physics of momentum, and his treasure scatters everywhere. Standing on his chest is something which should not exist outside of the realm nightmare, but worse still is that its sharp talons are tearing gruesomely into his chest, rending his studded leather armour as though it were but crepe paper. Floid seizes the first chance he gets, and when the more than half-tonne is perched on one leg following an attack, he rolls with all his might, and quickly retreats from the room - but without half his treasure, and it seems, half his blood.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6)[3]
    YOU ARE WOUNDED
    Also choose half your number of treasure cards to drop, rounding up. Place them in the red box to the right, please. That is number of cards, not value of cards. So four.
    Last edited by --Lime--; 2012-09-18 at 09:03 AM.

20. - Top - End - #140

Nook suddenly appeared in the 2nd Level Treasure Chamber, in a big blast of fiery flames that scorched to very ground he stood on...and any nearbly monsters.

"Man, this has to be a new signature entrance. Maybe I should invent a spell for it - Nook's Flaming Teleport...sounds great!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Teleport to 2nd Level Treasure chamber, casts a fireball.

(2d6)[6]

---

Red is potion of madness, yellow is a slow, slow death. In fact, in 4e standards, it's the homebrew of Living Death (See the disease).

Violet....violet is not the answer. The violet potion turns people into stone.

Do you still want to guess the rest of the potions, or do you want me to reveal the answer? (I made this puzzle for a 4e D&D game I'm running).

21. - Top - End - #141

Dam you owlbear!

To heal I would have to go back to the chamber. That would cause a fight to occur. Should I spend a round healing in there would that cause another?

22. - Top - End - #142

If you head into the chamber, which has a pool of healing, you'd
    1) Fight a monster
    2) If it wounds you you die
    3) If it doesn't wound you, you get healed - even if you didn't kill it

Just resolving Nook's turn as we speak. Also, board updated!

23. - Top - End - #143

As Nook's body displaced the air where previously no man had stood, he let loose his fireball spell. Instead of waiting to see what was there and picking it out individually, Nook ignited the very air which was being forced outwards in a perfect aura around him, towards a trio of

HOBGOBLINS

Spoiler
    Show

This allowed him to get the drop on the creatures, who were alerted by his sudden arrival, and stormed to the centre of the room from the shadows. Instead of grabbing the wizard, all they got was a face-full of fast-flowing fire, in what could most accurately be described as a radial backdraft.

The hobgoblins never stood a chance, and whatever else may have lurked in the shadows - if it was even there at all - decided an attack now was probably not the best of plans. Nook was free to leave the chamber in whatever way he wished.

Serps' go!
    Last edited by --Lime--; 2012-09-18 at 09:41 AM.

24. - Top - End - #144

Sorry to push in, 'sjust I'm about to go to sleep so I thought I may as well post my next deed so you guys can keep going another round if you want. It's not all that terribly interesting, anyway... Incidentally, it's really weird being in that document while stuff is being done to it.
    edit: or, you know, it could just be my turn

Madelyne stand proudly and panting over her slain enemy, admiring her prize. She thinks she sees something out of the corner of her eye, and looks hard at the wall opposite for a moment, trying to catch what it was that seemed odd.

Looking for a secret door.
    (1d6)[5]
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2012-09-18 at 09:45 AM.

25. - Top - End - #145

Board updated! Madelyne has gone from last to first in the space of one round!

And it's her go, she might even press the advantage!

26. - Top - End - #146

Nope. Just failed a secret door check, instead.

27. - Top - End - #147

Once again, Madelyne is unable to see quite what it is that catches her eye, as pawing blindly at the wall reveals nothing.

Mangles' go, but I can see he's already moving in the document!
    Last edited by --Lime--; 2012-09-18 at 09:51 AM.

28. - Top - End - #148

I also am just about to head to bed so I am putting my next action in a little ahead of time, to save 8 hours of no posting.

Floid retreats from the monstrosity that he is sure that dam wizard probably had his hand in. Knowing of the healing chamber a little back he heads to tend his wounds, hoping that his sword would have more bite with this beast.

Monster Please.

(2d6+1)[7]

29. - Top - End - #149

You guys are the best :3

I'm so lucky to have such great posters.

30. - Top - End - #150

Oh, there goes my plan. I was just gonna say I'll keep looking for the door so you could keep going. Oh well. G'night guys!