Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeon! OOC

1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dungeon! OOC

In future, if you just move and don't need interaction from me, feel free to move the game along yourself, in the manner of:

Board updated.
    Vesth's turn!

That ruling I promised will be along later tonight.
    Last edited by --Lime--; 2012-10-09 at 01:28 PM.
    It is what it is unless it is what it isn't. Or isn't what it is. But if it isn't what it isn't then it is what it is.

Dungeon! game currently being run. If this tickles your fancy, and you'd like to be notified when the next round of signups opens, come and say hi in the OOC Thread!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thoroughly out of spells, Nooks shambles his way back towards the main stairwell, so he can prepare more spells of DOOM.

Ruby-ring punching won't work all the time, especially since you need to take care not to break the ruby.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Colossus in the Playground

Alonzo saunters off down the corridor, congratulating himself on a job well done.

Floid's turn!

4. - Top - End - #214

Floid kicks in the door, not bothering with precognition. The forewarning took all the adventure out of this adventure. He looks around the room for some prey.

Monster Please

(2d6+1)[7]
    'Stralia: Now a campaign setting (D&D 3.5 E6)

5. - Top - End - #215

Floid enters the room near the extreme South of the dungeon. It's quickly apparent that this is a tomb. Seems like a good place to run into a
    MUMMY

Spoiler
    Show
    Two noted nobles lie on their back, crafted in stone. Timeless through the ages, their faces shall remain as the body rots. A lord and a lady, side by side, for centuries since and to come.

Floid's busy waiting for the heavy lids of the monumental graves to slide back and reveal a monster. As he positions his sword over the stonework, he feels a hand on his shoulder. Perhaps he should have used the medallion to see where the enemy would be.

The hand on the shoulder quickly turns into a choke-hold, with the mummy's left arm making use of any opening in Floid's denfences it can find. By the time the warrior breaks free, hie has been harried and hurt, and rolls out of the room just to save his skin.

In his rush to leave, he drops a treasure.
    Spoiler
    Show

(2d6)[5]

YOU ARE WOUNDED: DROP ONE TREASURE, RETREAT ONE SPACE.

You need to let me know what you drop. It's one card, your choice.

In other news!
    Rolled a 22 sided dice for your monster.
    Got a 7, 8, 8, 7, 8, 7, 7... 14
    (Monsters 7 and 8 have been rolled)

Also I cheated on the picture somewhat: it's a 2e Greater Mummy not Mummy, but it was so much less boring so I had to choose it.

LONG-AWAITED RULING:
    Okay. It still contradicts itself. But applying common sense and trying to see what the rules wanted to say, I have come to this conclusion:
    1) Anyone entering a chamber fights the monster currently in there, if there is one face up. Monsters do not rotate.
    2) Anyone defeating that monster gets all treasure currently face up in that chamber. They do not have to empty the chamber of all monsters to claim the treasure.

So if you go back to the chamber where Madelyne died, you just have to defeat the giant, and then you can claim all the treasure cards in there and move away next turn.
    Last edited by --Lime--; 2012-10-10 at 05:01 AM.
    It is what it is unless it is what it isn't. Or isn't what it is. But if it isn't what it isn't then it is what it is.

Dungeon! game currently being run. If this tickles your fancy, and you'd like to be notified when the next round of signups opens, come and say hi in the OOC Thread!

6. - Top - End - #216

Board updated!

...But still Mangles' go!

7. - Top - End - #217

Gave the mummy a treasure

8. - Top - End - #218

Board updated!

Vesth's turn!

9. - Top - End - #219

Nook finally reaches the central chamber, and prepares 2 fireballs, 2 lightning bolts and 2 teleport spells.

IN THE NAME OF THE NARRATOR,

Board updated!
    Serpentine's go!

10. - Top - End - #220

Hey, actually update the board if you're saying that!

You can copy the spell cards across from the DM area, and move the "current turn" token along one.

11. - Top - End - #221

Alonzo creeps tentatively through the door, peering into the corners.

Monster please!
    (2d6)[5]

12. - Top - End - #222

But I DID update it. Wha....?

13. - Top - End - #223

Well your piece moved, but you didn't add the spell cards into your player area, or do the "status at a glance", or move the "current turn" token.

...unless you did and it didn't save?
    Last edited by --Lime--; 2012-10-10 at 07:17 AM.

14. - Top - End - #224

Ohh, I uh....just moved my piece. My bad.

15. - Top - End - #225

No worries. I don't mind if you leave all that to me, it's kind of what I'm here for. Nor do I mind if you do it yourself. Just that if the game's going to move along, it's much easier if everything's kept up to date before we add more actions and cards into the mix.

16. - Top - End - #226

Alonzo, creeping creepily like a creeper, joins a pair of
    GOBLINS

Spoiler
    Show
    The room is some kind of store closet, and smells strongly both of a musty aroma and mothballs. The goblins seem pre-occupied trying on fur coats, and haven't noticed Alonzo enter the room.

The elf waits for the perfect moment: of course, the furs are far too large for the goblins and as they throw them over their heads and try to find the sleeve-holes, they become furry little mounds who can't see a thing.

It is these furry mounds that Alonzo stabs mercilessly. All in the name of Fashion.

Too good for goblins... he thinks, and searches the pockets.

Being the coats of royalty and their court, he finds a good 500 gold pieces left their by their absent-mindedly-rich owners.

Board updated!
    Mangles' go!
    Last edited by --Lime--; 2012-10-10 at 10:27 AM.

17. - Top - End - #227

Floid charges back in. He was never a mummy's boy and he doesn't intend to start now.

(2d6+1)[7]

18. - Top - End - #228

Floid runs straight back into a full-on bodyslam from the mummy. With his neck and shoulders still torn and bleeding from the last encounter with the animated corpse, Floid finds himself especially protective of this area. Another slam takes the warrior's back to the wall, and a lesser man would have had the wind knocked out of him.

Once again, the mummy reaches for Floid's neck, trying to tear out his throat from under the beard, but Floid works hard to guard it. Unfortunately, this opens up his lower ribcage to attack, and a few knee strikes find their mark, snapping bones and making every breath agony.

It's all over when Floid pushes the mummy back in a feat of strength, but though his biceps are still like steel, inside, the warrior weakens. The curse of Mummy Rot is beginning to really take its toll. The mummy easily reverses the momentum of the charge, and smashes Floid face-first into the funerary stonework of the sarcophagus.

He is dazed, but rallies himself for one last effort. Floid rounds on the mummy, bringing his sword to bear, but as the ragged bandages are cut the mummy seems not to feel a thing. He is certainly unslowed. Floid can do nothing as his ancient foe counters, aged digits finding the pharynx and ripping it out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6)[4]

YOU ARE ONCE AGAIN WOUNDED.

TWO WOUNDS MAKE A DEAD.

YOU ARE, THEREFORE, DEAD.

DROP ALL TREASURE. RETURN TO MAIN STAIRCASE.

You can play the same class or a different one. But you can't play as Floid or Madelyne because they're dead.
    Last edited by --Lime--; 2012-10-11 at 01:47 AM.

19. - Top - End - #229

Yay! I'm not the only one!

20. - Top - End - #230

I'll have to think about my next character. Unless I need to choose right now.

21. - Top - End - #231

Nah just some time before it comes back round to you.

Board updated!
    Vesth's go!

22. - Top - End - #232

Oh! I forgot to add in an info card for each class. Just gave you the pretty pictures. I mean, you do choose just based on picture or name, right? If not you're doing it wrong

But just in case I've put them in the DM area.

Board updated again.
    Still Vesth's go!

23. - Top - End - #233

That's how I did it

24. - Top - End - #234

Advance warning: This afternoon I'm off to visit some friends for a few days.

I'll probably only be checking in here once a day, in the morning (British time). Sorry to hold things up again. It does give me a chance, though, to reiterate how lucky I feel to have players so dedicated that the game's gone at 2-3 times the speed I best hoped for.

Reminder that if you can update the board yourself, I strongly support you doing so!

25. - Top - End - #235

Nook moves off in a new direction, taking a quick peek at an odd-looking wall as he passes.

Spoiler
    Show
    If I can search that secret door while halfway moving, I'm doing it.

(1d6)[2]

If not, forget the roll.

26. - Top - End - #236

I'm going to play as Rast the Wizzard

27. - Top - End - #237

Quote Originally Posted by Vesth View Post
    Nook moves off in a new direction, taking a quick peek at an odd-looking wall as he passes.

Spoiler
    Show
    If I can search that secret door while halfway moving, I'm doing it.

[roll0]

If not, forget the roll.
    Yes, you can search for it. And you found it! You can continue your move after finding it. If you wish to move your piece two spaces past the secret door, you can.

Mangles, choose your spells.

28. - Top - End - #238

spells chosen. Prepare for fiery doom.

29. - Top - End - #239

To continue the game, I'm working off the assumption currently that Vesth does not want to go through the secret door (though before your next turn you can still change this). Please be aware of the rules, though: if you move away from a secret door you will have to roll to search for the mechanism again next time you want to go through it. Your character doesn't "remember" how to get through.

This makes it Serpentine's go!

30. - Top - End - #240

Alonzo makes a mental note to come back for a particularly fine mink coat, and ducks into the room next door.

Monster please!
    (2d6)[7]