New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LII: 525.600 Ponies!

In response to those above, image manipulation is a particularly insidious means of trolling. You can make anybody say anything.
    Personally, I think the best defense against this kind of trolling is to try and find out where the pictures came from.
    And also remembering that Lauren Faust is no longer working on the show, and therefore has no idea what Season 3 will contain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Every time someone presses the quote button on one of my posts I steal a very small part of their soul.

I have a Tumblr now. So that's cool.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

why is it "saucy" always means putting more clothing on the ponies?
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

3. - Top - End - #333
    Orc in the Playground

I found a thing.

I will post this amusing-if-violent video.

That is all.

Edit: Dumbness happened.
    Last edited by Colonel Fedora; 2012-08-27 at 07:32 PM.
    Every time someone presses the quote button on one of my posts I steal a very small part of their soul.

I have a Tumblr now. So that's cool.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    In response to those above, image manipulation is a particularly insidious means of trolling. You can make anybody say anything.
    Personally, I think the best defense against this kind of trolling is to try and find out where the pictures came from.
    And also remembering that Lauren Faust is no longer working on the show, and therefore has no idea what Season 3 will contain.
    And always remember that no-one has any legitimate business quoting someone via jpg.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    I think I see what you mean.
    Spoiler
    Show

....Exactly! that!
    except that its pretty much the whole thing and includes the yellow bolt running below =S

And now that I mentioned the WB, have a gilda
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-08-27 at 07:36 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #336

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    This has made me curious. Moar linx pls?
    My favorites come from "philsterman01", or is "philsterman10" I forget which, he's done covers for most of the songs and he does decent voices. I prefer them over the simple pitch editing most people do.
    Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    Because the clothing is more provocative?

On image editing, I had one more in mind and it would have been a doozy. But I would like to keep Boffinspark's reputation wherever it currently it is.

I was going to make a confession of his love for Silent Night, but it just felt wrong, and too mean for my tastes.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Because clothes make things more sexual? If you have no clothing, seeing you naked won't turn people/ponies on. Cover it up and you make it special. Ankles in the 1850s for instance
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

We covered this a long time ago, if memory serves. It's basically that, if ponies consider no-clothes to be the norm, then they're used to not having anything left to the imagination. Wearing clothes adds some sort of layer of mystery, lets the imagination fill in the gaps, and that's about all I think I can type without feeling like I need to take a shower.

So instead, I will destroy all ya'lls pancreases with DJ Fluttershy:

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I was not aware. A bunch of ponies posted it all over the web, and I basically stopped paying attention because I was disappointed that dating would come up in the main show.
    This is why you read ponythread silly! We covered this twice.

Plus, Lauren Faust has absolutely no creative control over the show anymore. She stopped knowing stuff half way through season 2, why would she know appleJack about season 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Don't we all? (swoons)
    Hmmm. Well, Jayden is a griffon...

But I think Thislte woul never forgive me if I ruined that friendship for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    First, the abyss, at least when combined with the mortal world, does indeed follow rules. Maybe the abyss as a metaphorical concept can do anything, but "what can I do to stop this?" is a reasonable question when faced with an abyssal manifestation, and often has an answer of some sort or other. Ergo, cause and effect works and the manifestation follows rules. (Although a manifestation that did not follow cause and effect would be an interesting mage problem).
    Yeah, bu that doesn't change my point.
    "Maybe the abyss is a naturally occurring phenomenon?" "Nah, it's the abyss."
    "dude, have cannibal zombie shapeshifters always existed?" "Nah, it's the abyss."
    "Maybe we shoul Ty to explore the abyss and learn about it?" "Nah, it's the abyss."
    "We could harness te abyss for power!" "Nah, it's the abyss."

The rules of engagement are different per manifestation. The rule is that every action of the abyss is an exception. That's kind if the point. You can think you've for a handle on it, but that's deceptively soothing. It's a place, and a contaminat, and a thought process, and a meta level construct, and a void. And none of the above, possibly. Or multiple at once. It's whatever will screw you over most.

Second, unnatural comes with two connotations. One is "artificial" and the other is "wrong." You have to differentiate them. When people say that undead are unnatural but don't take a position as to other artificially created things, they're not being hypocritical, they're using the word unnatural to mean "wrong." Why undead would be considered wrong varies. You could go really deep and suggest that the use of negative energy increases chaos in the universe in some generalized way that is bad, or you could just point out that many undead are soulless killing machines and all the sentient ones have a definite bent towards capital E Evil.
    But then we are just admitting that unnatural is often used to mean "possibly natural but I don't like it" and removin that layer of bias is the point of the discourse. There was a point where women wearing pants was "unnatural" despite nature having nothing to do with clothing, Gendered or no. I am purposefully avoiding using it as a shorthand for personal or societal dislike.

Oh, you know what's interesting. When Twilight ducks as Philomena gets out of the cage, the bowl of tomato soup flips and falls over. Now, the falling over I can understand, since Twilight flinched and stopped her magic. But why did it flip? Could unicorn magic be related to how the unicorn moves her body?
    It looks to me like Philomena hits the bowl and, being in a weird low-mass zero gravity Tk thing, it rotates along an inferred axis when hit with force of bird escape.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    If I'm parsing my World-Of-Darkness Setting knowledge right, there's only one thing that is *known* about the Abyss, really. That it is kind of between the Supernal Realms and the Fallen world. Everything else, like the rest of the backstory, is wildly contradictory conjecture and quite possibly lies.

Which is to say, "It's simply a naturally occurring cosmic phenoma" is just as possible as any other explanation of what it is.
    Of course it's a naturally occurring phenomena. Mages derp'd so hard it became a thing that was always there. but that doesn't mean it's natural to those outside the slavechains of causality. The whole point is to perfect te world, to tear away the false and leave only the true. When rewriting reality is not only a game goal but also something your kin has been doing possibly since before reality as we know it exists... Who is to say? Once the world was flat until someone magicked up something to discover.

Edit - It always comes back to shipping, eventually.
    Well, we are ponythread.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

My favorites come from "philsterman01", or is "philsterman10" I forget which, he's done covers for most of the songs and he does decent voices. I prefer them over the simple pitch editing most people do.
    Yes, I am enjoying these, especially his colt version of This Day Aria. I've heard a guy singing the song, and it sounds very strange if you don't change the lyrics.
    Also, his voice has an extremely wide range.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

On image editing, I had one more in mind and it would have been a doozy. But I would like to keep Boffinspark's reputation wherever it currently it is.

I was going to make a confession of his love for Silent Night, but it just felt wrong, and too mean for my tastes.
    I don't usually link TVtroptes, but...well, this says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh hey, it's a picture of my mage character ponified.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    "dude, have cannibal zombie shapeshifters always existed?" "Nah, it's the abyss."
    "Maybe we shoul Ty to explore the abyss and learn about it?" "Nah, it's the abyss."

The rules of engagement are different per manifestation. The rule is that every action of the abyss is an exception. That's kind if the point. You can think you've for a handle on it, but that's deceptively soothing. It's a place, and a contaminat, and a thought process, and a meta level construct, and a void. And none of the above, possibly. Or multiple at once. It's whatever will screw you over most.
    This is only true until you do something to it. I mean, yes, the ST can just be like "It's the abyss, you lose," but a ST can do that at any time for anything and in any game. Your D&D DM could just as easily say "Oh, actually that was an advanced Marilith with an extra 56 HD, your charge didn't even scratch it." But the Mage setting has various things that work on metaphorical/metaphysical levels and might interact successfully with the abyss. Sympathetic connections, the existence of the supernal, mana, the soul, the Temenos and the Dreamtime. These are things that exist within the setting, and a mage or mages of adequate power can manipulate them in a large variety of ways. If the ST just says "nope, abyss, you're screwed" in response to every single thing, it's boring and it shouldn't work that way.

But then we are just admitting that unnatural is often used to mean "possibly natural but I don't like it" and removin that layer of bias is the point of the discourse. There was a point where women wearing pants was "unnatural" despite nature having nothing to do with clothing, Gendered or no. I am purposefully avoiding using it as a shorthand for personal or societal dislike.
    I think we're doing two different things here. I was recording things as they were. That is, I felt that part of the discussion was not acknowledging that the word "unnatural" is used for more than one meaning and I wanted to point that out so people wouldn't start getting confused. You appear to be trying to change the language, to which I say: good luck.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

12. - Top - End - #342
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yes, I am enjoying these, especially his colt version of This Day Aria. I've heard a guy singing the song, and it sounds very strange if you don't change the lyrics.
    Also, his voice has an extremely wide range.
    I enjoy Bubble Berry the most, especially when doing a Duet with Pinkie Pie!

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I'll see if I can do something to ease any confusion, but it's probably not easy.

I would hate that.

Not the message, the message is fine, but asexual Dash? Not the right pony for the job, so to speak. It seems to me that Dash is the first pony people turn to for controversial sexualities. I mean, I'm great with her being a lesbian, but does she have to be everything else too?

I'm not sure who I think would be a better asexual candidate, maybe Pinkie?

I concur! The show has done a lot of good, but it's never the time to rest on your laurels. Always strive to do even better, build on what you've got that works, because you may not get the chance again if you start over from scratch. Take chances too, be bold, because you never know how long it's going to last anyway.

Personally I don't give a damn what all the bigots might think, if they don't like it that doesn't ruin anything for me. If the show decided to take a stand, and stood by their decision without backing down under pressure, that would be so freakin' awesome, and no amount of controversy and yelling and screaming would ever ruin that.

Don't be afraid of controversy. If people yell and scream, you ignore them, you especially do not let them stop you from doing what is right or saying what's on your heart.
    I think Pinkie is the best one to be asexual. It works well with her personality as sompony who just wants everypony to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    I just reinstalled the game and started a new campaign. I admire your willingness to never let a pony die. I lost 3 of my OotS members in the first mission and couldn't be bothered to redo it.

2nd mission: Terror attack in Japan. Everybody died, except V, who ran away in fear. I think I'll redo that one.

Random image dump:
    First up, Celestia/Luna images.
    Spoiler
    Show

Night time images:
    Spoiler
    Show

Arachnophobia warning!
    Spoiler
    Show

And lastly, a large but funny comic.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have over a hundred saves done so far. At a count it's about 180 combat saves and 90 Geoscape saves.

Lovely pictures as always. Though the Trixie vs Discord is something special. I love how Trixie pulled off a clear win.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

Headcanon time!
    So a couple threads back, there was a small discussion about the royal "we." It was mentioned it (might have) meant that the king and God were acting as one, because divine right and all that.

Well, it occurred to me afterwards that its origins in Equestria were probably similar, maybe even more obvious. It meant that when one of the sisters spoke, she spoke for both of them.
    It also occurred to me just now, that meaning might also be why Celestia stopped using it. It just served to remind ponies of Nightmare Moon at first, and then later ponies forgot that there were two princesses at all.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

15. - Top - End - #345

I'd just like to throw out there that I believe all females on the show to be bisexual & all of the males are straight. Don't ask me why, I just do. :/

*Hides behind blast shield.*
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

Headcanon time!
    So a couple threads back, there was a small discussion about the royal "we." It was mentioned it (might have) meant that the king and God were acting as one, because divine right and all that.

Well, it occurred to me afterwards that its origins in Equestria were probably similar, maybe even more obvious. It meant that when one of the sisters spoke, she spoke for both of them.
    It also occurred to me just now, that meaning might also be why Celestia stopped using it. It just served to remind ponies of Nightmare Moon at first, and then later ponies forgot that there were two princesses at all.
    That's some pretty cool headcanon. I like it!
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Firbolg in the Playground

Because Ponyville is Equestria's nudist colony, and so we are used to them running around without clothes on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

18. - Top - End - #348

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Because Ponyville is Equestria's nudist colony, and so we are used to them running around without clothes on.
    Is thatwhy all of ny story protagonists have obe form of clothing or another?

19. - Top - End - #349
    Banned

Oh hey, it's a picture of my mage character ponified.
    Oh yeah, gotta catch up on that game.

This is only true until you do something to it. I mean, yes, the ST can just be like "It's the abyss, you lose," but a ST can do that at any time for anything and in any game. Your D&D DM could just as easily say "Oh, actually that was an advanced Marilith with an extra 56 HD, your charge didn't even scratch it." But the Mage setting has various things that work on metaphorical/metaphysical levels and might interact successfully with the abyss. Sympathetic connections, the existence of the supernal, mana, the soul, the Temenos and the Dreamtime. These are things that exist within the setting, and a mage or mages of adequate power can manipulate them in a large variety of ways. If the ST just says "nope, abyss, you're screwed" in response to every single thing, it's boring and it shouldn't work that way.
    Ah, we are talking about different things then. I was referring specifically to defining and writing off the abyss. My point was that the abyss is two things. Bad and Your Fault (as a Mage). It's very nature, the core behind the abyss is its bad and unnatural, and no amount of trying to rationalize it fixes that. It can be fought, ignored, beaten on occasion, lost to, examined and explored, but not really dismissed. It's the Mage version of the Beast from old vampire. It's te bad stuff that is a part f your existence as much as it seems external.

I think we're doing two different things here. I was recording things as they were. That is, I felt that part of the discussion was not acknowledging that the word "unnatural" is used for more than one meaning and I wanted to point that out so people wouldn't start getting confused. You appear to be trying to change the language, to which I say: good luck.
    Good point. My bad.

I'm just trying toget folks to apply critical thinking to their casual broad and sweeping universe defining statements. I get the same level of nit-picky about 'eldritch abominations' because the term is tosse about so casually, most o te things involved are neither eldritch, or abominations. They are easily classified hyper dimensional jackasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    I'd just like to throw out there that I believe all females on the show to be bisexual & all of the males are straight. Don't ask me why, I just do. :/

But what about Braeburn?

20. - Top - End - #350

But what about Braeburn?
    Everypony's gay for Braeburn, even the mares.
    The Dude pony avatar by http://supermatt314.deviantart.com/

21. - Top - End - #351

But what about Braeburn?
    *Pokes head out of fortress.*

I never really got why the brony population believes Braeburn to be homosexual.

*Hides.*

22. - Top - End - #352

I never really got why the brony population believes Braeburn to be homosexual.

*Hides.*
    Whether Braeburn is or not is doesn't matter all that much. What does matter is that everypony else is for him.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Colossus in the Playground

but i want more thanqol!
    *shakes violently*
    Just go and read some Terry Pratchett while cutting some onions, jeez.

I like your new signature quote
    I've never played oChangeling, but I imagine it's something like that.

The definition of the abyss is "a not natural thing which causes all bad things". It's not really relevant. It's the one 'unnatural' event/place I've ever seen that handles itself correctly. A correct rebuttal to any attempt to rules lawyer it is "nah, it's the abyss"
    The Abyss is not.

It is a non-thing. It is where reality does not exist. Where the Tapestry is unravelled. It is not of this world. It is not at all.

And if you step into that not you can find everything.

World-cities that never were. Stars shattered by the swords of bloody angels. The ocean that is the sky. Five bars of signal strength.

There is a faction, not inconsiderable, amongst the Archmasters called the Aswadm. No mere Scelesti, deluded and addled and corrupted by the Abyss are they. They are the philosophers who see the pinnacle of human freedom in the not of the Abyss. The Supernal has laws, rules, foundational tenants of reality. The Abyss has not. In the Abyss true there is only Will. Unfettered.

So, then, the true path to free humanity is to crack the world open, unweave the tapestry of reality, and allow humanity to go forth into that awful, infinite place where nothing exists and everything is possible. To plunge the Supernal's broken fragments into the endless void in between the notes where it will be restored to mere potential once more.

It is reasonably possible that they are the maddest of all, believing they are liberated by plunging themselves into the vast hole left by humanity's hubris and claiming they have found freedom from Truth. But they would say that sanity is a lying structure separating you from the not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    If I'm parsing my World-Of-Darkness Setting knowledge right, there's only one thing that is *known* about the Abyss, really. That it is kind of between the Supernal Realms and the Fallen world. Everything else, like the rest of the backstory, is wildly contradictory conjecture and quite possibly lies.

Which is to say, "It's simply a naturally occurring cosmic phenoma" is just as possible as any other explanation of what it is.
    Entirely correct. The Abyss is arguably the font of all lies, the Lie itself, so any attempt to define it or understand it is doomed to failure.

Hmmm. Well, Jayden is a griffon...

But I think Thislte woul never forgive me if I ruined that friendship for her.
    "Is that a threat? Am I feeling threatened?"

Honestly? Honestly learning how to be satisfied with the answer 'Nah, it's the Abyss' is one of the biggest and most terribly challenging steps on the Path of Wisdom.

Jayden actually has a rote for causing her brain to selectively commit suicide upon learning anything about the Abyss. To reiterate, she creates a secondary personality inside her mind, which is to all intents and purposes her, and that personality ends itself rather than hold knowledge of the Abyss. She has done this regularly enough to have a formal, practised, codified spell for the purpose.

It's much better than the alternative.

Of course it's a naturally occurring phenomena. Mages derp'd so hard it became a thing that was always there. but that doesn't mean it's natural to those outside the slavechains of causality. The whole point is to perfect te world, to tear away the false and leave only the true. When rewriting reality is not only a game goal but also something your kin has been doing possibly since before reality as we know it exists... Who is to say? Once the world was flat until someone magicked up something to discover.
    Once the world alwayswas flat until someone made it so it never was.

Fragments of histories gone litter the world, if you know where to look.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    Everypony's gay for Braeburn, even the mares.
    If everypony's gay for Braeburn, and everypony's lesbians for Spitfire... hmmmm...

BraeburnxSpitfire makes a great ship, but clearly they must never breed as the combined sexiness present in their offspring would destroy Equestria.

25. - Top - End - #355

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    If everypony's gay for Braeburn, and everypony's lesbians for Spitfire... hmmmm...

BraeburnxSpitfire makes a great ship, but clearly they must never breed as the combined sexiness present in their offspring would destroy Equestria.

*marks down new OTP*

26. - Top - End - #356

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    Whether Braeburn is or not is doesn't matter all that much. What does matter is that everypony else is for him.

Wait... So Braeburn is essentially the pony equivalent of Macgyver, only without the on the spor scientific awesomeness?

*Hides.*

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

...I would like to remind you that, despite the forced conclusion to my ongoing dispute with that undead miscreant, I still have an arsenal of OFCs at my disposal.
    Just pointing that out.

I don't usually link TVtroptes, but...well, this says it all.
    Alright, that does it! FIRE THE OFC!

*portals open all over ponythread*

Spoiler
    Show

And big finish
    Spoiler
    Show

I can support this.
    Last edited by Alabenson; 2012-08-27 at 10:32 PM.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

Just go and read some Terry Pratchett while cutting some onions, jeez.
    *continues shaking*
    but i already did that!
    publish something so i can read it if you're going to be a writer!
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Dwaaaahhhhh. :3
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

30. - Top - End - #360

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post

*Sticks megaphone out of fortress.*

TAKE ALL OF MY YES.

*Retrieves megaphone.*