New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LII: 525.600 Ponies!

Hahaha sweet mother of the Dear Lord this thread moves fast. @_@

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    Celestia is an imposter. It's actually both the earth rotating on its axis and orbiting around the sun that makes days and nights. Seriously, how could a 80kg unicorn make the 2 thousand billion billion billion kg Sun move by its magic?
    False. The solar system that Equestria is a part of is actually Terracentric, meaning that the sun orbits the planet, not the other way around. Besides, Princess Celestia's a goddamn ALICORN.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    False. The solar system that Equestria is a part of is actually Terracentric, meaning that the sun orbits the planet, not the other way around. Besides, Princess Celestia's a goddamn ALICORN.
    ...That got pwned by a pair's love
    No idea how a sun can orbit a planet using science since the planet doesn't seem as humongous as it would have to be to make a sun orbit around it, and the science we have is for places full of antimagic
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

Haven't I already covered this topic more then once?

5. - Top - End - #395
    Troll in the Playground

Hi ponies! Just popping in to say hi. Been too busy to post lately, but I'm still lurking.

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    why is it "saucy" always means putting more clothing on the ponies?
    Because undressing is sexier than undressed, duh

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Pretty sure, yes.

*Fades out of sight*
    Truth resists simplicity.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Dwarf in the Playground

*goes looking for Deadly. Finds Deadly not on. Leaves a box of chocolates and granola* Ty for the lovely story. Got me very intrigued.
    If any of you wish to follow me my twitter is @RetroGamer1224. I am fun but #NSFW

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    And do those do anything to non-evil entities? Some of us are on the good-axis, you know. I did not allow myself to post it in the first place, might I add.
    To be honest, I really have no idea what sort of effect they'd have on non-evil entities. There's no record of them ever being used as such, and Princess Celestia forbade me from trying to answer the question.

*Large monitor pokes out from fortress. Text scrolls across screen.*

That's gonna be a bit difficult since I already have 5 fanfic ideas written down, & only 1 has been published so far. Besides, I'm better with OCs than actual characters from the show. I can never get their personalities right.

*screen now reads:*

ALL FURTHER TRANSMISSIONS WILL BE RELAYED ON THIS THIS SCREEN.
    Only five ideas plus one published? Huh, at this point I have ten fic ideas of various quality written down, plus the one I'm working on that's up on FimFiction.
    Granted, most of the ten are only in the "idea" stage and not the "I have an actual plot thought out" or the "I have a clue what I want to actually happen" stage.

For those curious: (Decriptions liable to change during the transition from idea to story)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Watchers Beyond the Walls
    A professor from Canterlot travels to Ponyville in order to investigate a colleagues mental breakdown and claims of terrifying, alien creatures secretly watching Equestria’s citizens.

Rainbows and Laser Beams
    Twilight Sparkle learns that one of Princess Celestia's previous personal students lives near Ponyville, and becomes eager to meet him. But what will happen when she dives into the strange world of Professor Irving Boffinspark?

The Rematch
    Quiet Dreams, the unicorn mime Fluttershy narrowly defeated to become the Shhhh World Champion, has come to Ponyville to challenge her to a rematch. Will the shy pegasus once again defeat her rival, or has her time as champion come to an end?

Walking a Mile in Somepony Else's Horseshoes
    Twlight's efforts to discover the secrets of chaos magic backfire when an uncontrolled spell swaps her friends minds and bodies.

The Dragons of Equestria
    Spike learns that he's not the only dragon to prefer life among ponies when he receives an invitation to join Equestria's League of Guardian Dragons.

Stupid Cupids
    Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow Dash attempt to ensure that Twilight, Big Macintosh and Fluttershy have a romantic Hearts and Hooves Day, whether they like it or not.

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Your Father
    After being questioned by her daughter, Rarity reveals how she and Spike finally fell in love and became a couple.

Chaos Rising
    The disciples of Discord have escaped their imprisonment beneath the Tower of Order. Now, Twilight Sparkle and her friends must contend with the most wicked masters of chaos magic ever to threaten Equestria.

Slayers: Harmony
    After being pulled through a dimensional rift while trying to prevent the summoning of the Dark Lord Discord, Lina Inverse and her friends (along with Xellos) find themselves stranded in Equestria. Now, they must find a way home, while also stopping the renegade monsters who intend to release Discord from his prison.

Rainbow Dash Goes to Wondercon
    Rainbow Dash takes a few days off to attend Wondercon, Equestria's largest Wonderbolts convention, only to face long-lines, overpriced food, and the horrors of overweight pegasui in spandex.

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Query: is being without a partner necessarily a bad thing, as long as there are enough partners-and-offspring to propagate the species? Just a couple of pages ago we were discussing ponies that might be asexual.
    Eh, this is ponythread. We were only going to talk about asexual ponies for so long before we went back to shipping anypony we could think of with anything else .
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SynissterSyster View Post
    *goes looking for Deadly. Finds Deadly not on. Leaves a box of chocolates and granola* Ty for the lovely story. Got me very intrigued.
    Why thank you, madam. Mmm, chocolate!

I take it you're speaking of II?
    Last edited by Deadly; 2012-08-28 at 10:17 AM.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I just saw the teaser trailer for the new Red Dwarf series (due out October).

I am once again impressed that the four guys can just, thirteen years after the regular series ending, with only Back To Earth three years ago, that even in those short clips, they're straight back into character, like they never left.
    this is of interest to me...tell me more
    (hopefully BBC America will carry it)
    i may have to throw some Kippers in the smoker

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post

Eh, this is ponythread. We were only going to talk about asexual ponies for so long before we went back to shipping anypony we could think of with anything else .
    quite true
    just read one on FimFic where Luna was shipped with the moon
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-08-28 at 10:40 AM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

10. - Top - End - #400

*pokes head in, looks around* Man, it's been a while.

On the 'Celestia and the sun' topic: I'm of the opinion that the solar system is terracentric, myself. Which would in turn imply a rather smaller and closer sun than the one in this world. And as for Celestia getting taken down by another powerful entity, supercharged with a large dose of one of the more powerful forces in the setting... Well.

It's entirely possible that Celestia's Special Talent is manipulating the sun, making her orders of magnitude better at that than, say, magic laser beams to smite Changelings.

And while I was typing that, another interesting thought: Perhaps Celestia doesn't have to regulate the sun's movement every single day. Just once a year, at the Summer Sun Celebration. That puts it on course for the year, and she can go back to molesting ponies whatever it is she does when she's offscreen. >.>

11. - Top - End - #401
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Why thank you, madam. Mmm, chocolate!

I take it you're speaking of II?
    Indeed I am. Everything about it is just wonderful. The OCs are well thought out and I am so wanting to learn more about what Eden knows. Plus you made Dashie just perfect.

Side note: As has probably been said before but FiM needs another choice other then Dark. Mature may seem better but can be thought of foolishly.
    If any of you wish to follow me my twitter is @RetroGamer1224. I am fun but #NSFW

12. - Top - End - #402
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Celestia is a fraud. The sun isn't controlled by her, but actually pushed around by a cosmic dung beetle. The beetle's a decent chap and doesn't call her out on it, though.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Celestia is a fraud. The sun isn't controlled by her, but actually pushed around by a cosmic dung beetle. The beetle's a decent chap and doesn't call her out on it, though.
    Wouldn't it catch fire?
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #404
    Spamalot in the Playground

I'll alleviate the lack of image dumps with some Trixie quotes from the last Super Hero game session. It ended poorly for Trixie, as she needed rescuing from generic greedy businessmen by an NPC. Trixie's self confidence was cracked badly from that...

River: "Usually when you hear Lloyds of London, you hear of celebrities."
    GM: "No, it can be big ticket items as well."
    River: "They insured J'Lo's butt."
    Trixie: "That's a big item." >_>

GM: "A pale guy in a Batman cowl comes up to the driverside window."
    Professor: **Rolls down window**
    Batman(?): **Shoots the professor**
    River: **Fast Draws her laser pistol and shoots Batman(?)**
    GM: "The cowl comes off and you now see the guy has green hair and red lip paint."
    Jimmy: "I'm coming out."
    Trixie: "Trixie knew it, you're a furry."
    Jimmy: "-Of the coffee shop!"

Paul: "So someone is trying to take out the Justice League?"
    Jimmy: "Who would profit from us being... less than effective?"
    Trixie: "Any criminal organization ever that wants to get work done?"
    Jimmy: "You're not helping."
    Trixie: "But it's the truth!" D:

Trixie: "Which way to the beach?"
    Jimmy: "It would be that way." **Points**
    Trixie: "Come, civilization is always found by water. And do bring the gem."
    Jimmy: "Sigh. Yes, princess."
    Trixie: "Finally, he gets it."
    Jimmy: "I heard that!"

GM: "Roll your health."
    Trixie: "Failed by 2."
    GM: "Okay, then they put smelling salts under your nose to awaken you."
    Trixie: **Startled** "I'll take you on togehter! I'll take you both apart!"
    River: "Calm down, Dread Pirate."

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    I guess the topic needs regular whitewashing to keep the cover fresh?
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

15. - Top - End - #405
    Dwarf in the Playground

Said beetle, name is Mortimer, has been doing this for many eons. His thick exoskelington is capable of handling the fires of the sun to the flames or any internet troll. Mort actually likes playing canasta on the weekends when the moon is out. He is on spogg under the nick HotMorty.

EDIT:

Digo I so would love to join in a session at your gaming table. The fact you are playing Trixie is applause worthy. So much fun to be had.
    Last edited by SynissterSyster; 2012-08-28 at 11:33 AM.

16. - Top - End - #406

Tangentially related to pony, What would be a good song for Hey Ocean! to cover?

Also doesn't somepony here plays bass guitar?
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

17. - Top - End - #407

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    ...That got pwned by a pair's love
    No idea how a sun can orbit a planet using science since the planet doesn't seem as humongous as it would have to be to make a sun orbit around it, and the science we have is for places full of antimagic
    True love's the most powerful form of magic there is. Apologies for the corniniess.

As for the sun thing. The pony planet is probably bigger than earth, and their sun is mucb smaller than ours. Also, if you're the child of the god that created your universe, why wouldn't you be able to lift a massive nuclear furnace?
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

What would happen if Celestia didn't raise the sun?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogfather by Terry Pratchett
    “WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF YOU HADN’T SAVED HIM?
    “Yes! The sun would have risen just the same, yes?”
    NO.
    “Oh, come on. You can’t expect me to believe that. It’s an astronomical fact.”
    THE SUN WOULD NOT HAVE RISEN.
    “Really? Then what would have happened, pray?”
    A MERE BALL OF FLAMING GAS WOULD HAVE ILLUMINATED THE WORLD.”
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    I'm starting to think that Celestia is like... akin to the Queen of England. Not the true head of power, or any real sweeping ability to remake the affairs of the nation... but by golly everyone loves her and just assumes she's capable of divine acts. Because.
    I would like to comment on this and point out some flaws with the comparison on the real world side, but to I'd only end up straying into forbidden topics, so suffice it to say instead that we've seen no sign of any other form of government in Equestria which could fill the power-vacuum that would come from Celestia being a figurehead rather than the actual government.
    Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to think anti-monarchist thoughts real hard and listen to the sex pistols for a while until my mouth stops foaming.

And do those do anything to non-evil entities? Some of us are on the good-axis, you know. I did not allow myself to post it in the first place, might I add.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    There are goodies among us? I'm scared....

I'm sure there are several who self-identify as such, though personally I do not even recognise the existance of any such axis as I have moved beyond the need for it.
    Though two facts remain. The most pertinent is that plenty of people have survived OFC assault. Some report no sensation, Thanqol had to check the gender penny to check the exact results after it was fired at Thanqol's groin, and there is often significant collatoral damage, despite claims that it should have no such effect.

It's almost, to the untrained eye, like it's a hideously powerful but shoddily constructed, poorly maintained, over used and thoroughly experimental piece of weapons technology, designed and employed by some kind of madman who doesn't even begin to understand the forces he is playing with and with no concern for the consequences of doing so.
    But I'm no expert.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2012-08-28 at 12:19 PM.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    It's practically canon though. They had mostly forgotten about Luna herself and only remembered Nightmare Moon. And since they didn't consider Nightmare Moon as anything but a monster they only remembered having on pony princess. Then Cadance appeared out of nowhere and everything got confusing.
    Doesn't mean it needs to be pointed out...

Of all the weal-celestias, this one is my fave. xD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, let's run with this. So, during Nightmare Moon's return, she didn't actually block Celestia (or, she did that too, but it wasn't relevant). What she actually did was convince the beetle that some help was needed doing animal husbandry for all the giant star animals, and only that particular dung beetle could do it (according to wikipedia, actual dung beetles have been introduced to several countries to help with animal husbandry). So he left the sun for a bit because he figured nobody would miss him for a day to help out Nightmare Moon's request, never realizing that she was planning a coup the whole time because he's really an innocent soul.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SynissterSyster View Post
    Indeed I am. Everything about it is just wonderful. The OCs are well thought out and I am so wanting to learn more about what Eden knows. Plus you made Dashie just perfect.

Side note: As has probably been said before but FiM needs another choice other then Dark. Mature may seem better but can be thought of foolishly.
    Glad to hear it

And yes, could do with something more fitting than the Dark tag.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Firbolg in the Playground

*Searches for BreaburnXSpitfire pairings.*

FAUST DAMMIT. WHY IS THERE ONLY BRAEBURNXSOARIN? I NEEEEED BRAEBURNXSPITFIRE.

ASSISTANCE IS REQUIRED!
    Search Derbyboru. Everything's on it. Everything.

......Bleakbane? Does Starry Notion's count? Is the local robot not TN? Help me narrow this down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Cause Luna needs MORE angst...
    According to a ED search for 6-star Luna fics, she needs to cry enough to flood the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post

For those curious: (Decriptions liable to change during the transition from idea to story)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Watchers Beyond the Walls
    A professor from Canterlot travels to Ponyville in order to investigate a colleagues mental breakdown and claims of terrifying, alien creatures secretly watching Equestria’s citizens.

Rainbows and Laser Beams
    Twilight Sparkle learns that one of Princess Celestia's previous personal students lives near Ponyville, and becomes eager to meet him. But what will happen when she dives into the strange world of Professor Irving Boffinspark?

The Rematch
    Quiet Dreams, the unicorn mime Fluttershy narrowly defeated to become the Shhhh World Champion, has come to Ponyville to challenge her to a rematch. Will the shy pegasus once again defeat her rival, or has her time as champion come to an end?

Walking a Mile in Somepony Else's Horseshoes
    Twlight's efforts to discover the secrets of chaos magic backfire when an uncontrolled spell swaps her friends minds and bodies.

The Dragons of Equestria
    Spike learns that he's not the only dragon to prefer life among ponies when he receives an invitation to join Equestria's League of Guardian Dragons.

Stupid Cupids
    Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow Dash attempt to ensure that Twilight, Big Macintosh and Fluttershy have a romantic Hearts and Hooves Day, whether they like it or not.

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Your Father
    After being questioned by her daughter, Rarity reveals how she and Spike finally fell in love and became a couple.

Chaos Rising
    The disciples of Discord have escaped their imprisonment beneath the Tower of Order. Now, Twilight Sparkle and her friends must contend with the most wicked masters of chaos magic ever to threaten Equestria.

Slayers: Harmony
    After being pulled through a dimensional rift while trying to prevent the summoning of the Dark Lord Discord, Lina Inverse and her friends (along with Xellos) find themselves stranded in Equestria. Now, they must find a way home, while also stopping the renegade monsters who intend to release Discord from his prison.

Rainbow Dash Goes to Wondercon
    Rainbow Dash takes a few days off to attend Wondercon, Equestria's largest Wonderbolts convention, only to face long-lines, overpriced food, and the horrors of overweight pegasui in spandex.
    Wondercon.

"Spits out coffee"

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Wouldn't it catch fire?
    Keyword would be "cosmic", I would belive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post

Of all the weal-celestias, this one is my fave. xD
    I read that as were-celestia's, and now I have a fic to write.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

Lookee, new avatar

Now 20% more deadly

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ettin in the Playground

Lookee, new avatar

Now 20% more deadly
    That's from a Flutterdash picture you made, isn't it?
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-08-28 at 02:44 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

25. - Top - End - #415
    Spamalot in the Playground

Also, if you're the child of the god that created your universe, why wouldn't you be able to lift a massive nuclear furnace?
    You know, it would be funny if the Sun wasn't a massive star in space, but a more modest mon-sized bright satellite in orbit. Perhaps the planet itself doesn't have a true star and is free-roaming the galaxy with this mini-sun to keep it warm (Some planets are known to have been flung out of their systems).

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to think anti-monarchist thoughts real hard and listen to the sex pistols for a while until my mouth stops foaming.
    Um... should we need rabies shots or something?

On the other hoof, Celestia said at the end of episode 2 that Luna was meant to rule with her, so I'm wondering what kind of Princestial duties she does. If Celestia presides over the day time affairs of the court, does Luna hold session over... Night Court?
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    That's from a Flutterdash picture you made, isn't it?
    Yes, yes it is

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    ......Bleakbane? Does Starry Notion's count? Is the local robot not TN? Help me narrow this down.
    Probably, in the sense that he doesn't understand morality enough to make a meaningful choice yet.

In other news, I think I've got a better idea for the main plot of my fic now. It means making significant adjustments to the protagonist OC, but I don't think I'll have to change too much to make it work. This excites me.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

28. - Top - End - #418

Lookee, new avatar

Now 20% more deadly
    Coincidentaly you had to change it to Rainbow Dash after I was able to dream with her again and have one of the best ponydreams
    *snuggles*

Or for short: I like it a lot!
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-08-28 at 03:00 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    According to a ED search for 6-star Luna fics, she needs to cry enough to flood the moon.
    Pretty sure Bleakbane ranted about this already. xD

I read that as were-celestia's, and now I have a fic to write.
    It was meant to be weak, but were is better. xD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Coincidentaly you had to change it to Rainbow Dash after I was able to dream with her again and have one of the best ponydreams
    *snuggles*

Or for short: I like it a lot!
    Glad to be of service