New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Awesome Epic Gesalt Nations Game - rweird

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show

Grog: nah, more that they have a centralized government and care little for the thought of their citizens wasting time and resources on luxury goods.

Stone Mountain: Maug
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mountain: Okay, buying nothing yet.

Igneel's Map and Notes: How much do I learn from this? Just the other nations basic background that are on the map, more, less?

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show

Yup.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

4. - Top - End - #64

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I presume you mean everyone's basic backgrounds by yup, please tell me if I'm wrong.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Consider four hours from now." Atrill nodded. "I'll have the translation issue and the remainder of my to-do list sorted out by then."

6. - Top - End - #66

Kazyan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The representative will meet you then, thank you and farewell." says the archon before teleporting away.

OoC: Do you want to do the meeting now or later?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Now is fine.

Hmm, the didn't wait for directions. Perhaps Thallagon Algorthen had access to more knowledge of the geography than the archon had let on, or it had other methods. Find the Path, perhaps. The location was oddly specified, after all.

Approximately hour hours later, near the appropriate location base of the mountain, Atrill hovered five hundred feet above the closeby shoreline. Keeping himself visible for obvious reasons, he idly scanned the surroundings visually--particularly the seas--looking for anyone approaching. There were but a few wagons in this area. A few killoren had come out earlier to find solitude, but the Heathen of Nine had assured them individually that they would be given their space. All that was necessary now was to wait.

drack
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Some spells to make chitchat go better. Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion (cast through Miracle) where the mountain starts, a Friendly Face, and two copies of Peacebond, one on each of Atrill's weapons.

Spell slots left: 5/12/12/10/8/11/6/9/6/6

8. - Top - End - #68

Kazyan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    At the precise time given, a figure appears at the foot of the mountain, carrying a staff in one hand. He has four wings, two draconic and two angelic, his skin is a reddish metallic gold. Covering half his face is a mask that looks like the face of an angel, and on the other half, there is a face like a demon, all in grey. Eight images of him are surrounding him, and moving back and fourth, true seeing reveals them to be illusions though doesn't show him (mind blank). Seeing you he disappears for a instant and reappears next to you.

"Greetings, I am Vilgon Valthrin, second mage of the council, apprentice and messenger of Thallagon Algorthen." he says smiling, standing next to Atrill, wind swirling around him supporting him.

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cohort casting Mind Blank from uncanny forethought, and using beguiling influence invocation, then quickened greater teleporting in.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Both of you
    Spoiler
    Show
    K

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

rwierd/drack..?
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lantern Archon is directed far out over the oceans to the north of the Orc kingdom where two flying castles follow a huge fleet of ships.
    In the lead flying castle sits Lord Burzum on a throne of stone, grumpily awaiting a message.
    The Archon is given entry and can note the auras of decay and absolute evil emanating from the twisted decayed remains of the Orc Warlord.
    "I am Burzum, Emperor of the Orcs. Why do you seek me?"
    Last edited by Gaiyamato; 2012-09-10 at 04:33 AM.
    Current Avatar made by Pessimismrocks for the Battle for the little world - Fields of Blood game!

Spoiler: Past Avatars
    Show

Awesome Avatar made by Meirnon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    We took a thread that was supposed to be a diplomatic negotiation and first contact, and turned it into Darth Ghaeris' rampage...

Extended Homebrewer's Signature

11. - Top - End - #71

Gaiyamato:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I speak for Thallagon Algorthen, the leader of a nation newly arrived here. He wishes to meet with your nation, establish diplomatic relations, learn more of this world, and possibly trade routes"

12. - Top - End - #72
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

rweird:

Spoiler
    Show

"A world where demons overcame Lord Asmodeus...such a thing does not bear thinking about. I will forgive you for your unexpected entrance, then, especially given your peers sacrificed themselves to contain the demons. As for this world, well...
    The empire that touches my western border is ruled by some Paladin or other misled servant of the Light, I believe. In any case, he refused any offer of bargaining for power with me. Although for a holy man we have noticed an awful lot of undead among his servants. He may simply be presenting a front of holier-than-thou words to ward off suspicion. I am currently in negotiation with the Orc Hordes of the south over a supply arrangement, and their leader seems remarkably reasonable for an Orc.

Other than that, I must confess I have had difficulty finding out much about the other nations. I can use my powers to make some divinations if you wish, though I will require a short while and...say...ten thousand gold. If the cost of raw materials exceeds that I will, of course, ask you to cover the costs before continuing. Information is something worth trading in though, I feel, and the information I am capable of extracting may well be very impressive."

Spoiler
    Show
    The Forbiddance effect has a CL of 49.

Arcane Sight reveals auras of various powers, some matching the strength of the Forbiddance effect, others clearly cast by underling spellcasters, though none below level 9. If you make some Spellcraft checks I can tell you the school.

Alignment detection of civilians reveals mostly Lawful Neutral, with a noticeable portion of Lawful Evil. There are very few Good civilians, al Lawful, and although some people are Neutral on the Law-Chaos axis, you don't notice any Chaotics at all in your brief visit. Those few whose surface thoughts you have a chance to concentrate on gathering seem mostly concerned with day-to-day issues, such as shopping, worrying about relatives who joined the army, or thinking about whether that girl they like wants to go to the Games with them.

Ed:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Apologies about the long wait, as I told rweird, I had a family crisis and was moving, so I couldn't get to my files for a while. Hope that post was suitably detailed to earn me a reprieve
    Last edited by Cogidubnus; 2012-09-10 at 09:28 AM.
    Homebrew: Ghost Rider, a 3.5e Base Class inspired by Marvel's Comics.

So guys, the new Iron Man trailer, huh?

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73

Cogidubnus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Thank you for your offer to divine for us, it is most generous. Is there any particular form you want the payment in? I have also just made contact with the Orc lord, with a white dragon known as AussirKepesk that rules AussirHurthia, he has given me information about this world and says the Orc lord knows more.

"Still, I'm sure your people tire of our nation in your skies, do you know anything of the islands to the very north of this world he says indicating on the map. Perhaps you could try to divine that area."

Map:
    Spoiler
    Show
    -------------------------------------------------------------Below Here

Spoiler
    Show
    Spellcraft Check: [roll]1d20 +88[/roll] (forgot to delete space before submitting after previewing for map, roll in next post), with a minimum result of 89, i think I can learn the schools without needing more roles. CL 49, hmm, impressive. I suppose I would have taken the damage if it overcomes my SR, though my fast healing would heal it fast enough their would be no noticeable difference, especially after several days.

OoC: It's fine, real life happens.
    Last edited by rweird; 2012-09-10 at 03:53 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74

Cogidubnus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spellcraft: (1d20+88)[105]

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Greetings, Vilgon Vathrin. Since I cannot assume which is the surname for a foreigner, or if the concept exists, do you go by Vathrin or Vilgon?" Atrill bows, sweeping his arms to his sides, with the most inviting expression on his face that one cound find within leagues. "Atrill Anapur, latter as surname; The Heathen of Nine; One Vision; Impulse Medallion. Any title or moniker will do. An unnamed archon informed me that you would be coming." He chuckled as he ached his back to 'stand' at a backward leaning angle, not quite possible without flight. Instead of seeming off-putting, the action was as restfully casual as could be. "Though it's a formality considering your clear arcane accomplishments, would you mind accepting a Peacebond on any weapons before we continue, if you have any?" Atrill shifted one arm in just the right way to reveal the hilt and par tof the sheath of a bastard sword at his waist; where the sheath contacted the hilt, the weapon glowed faintly. A similar glow faintly leaked from Atrill's sleeve, and he made no attempt to hide it.

16. - Top - End - #76

Daemon

rweird:

Spoiler
    Show

"Yes, I must concede it would be more pleasant not to have your people positioned directly above my capital, I am sure it has caused the more nervous of my people distress, although I am sure you will find the palace staff to be quite resilient to surprises. Payment in coin would be preferable, I can replace the required materials at a later date. I will retire to perform my work now, please, remain here at leisure until I return. If you desire a book to read, ask one of the servants and my librarians will provide it.

Spoiler
    Show
    The schools you detect are abjuration and enchantment.

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cyrus will retire to his private quarters and perform a divinatory query, asking "Are the islands to the north of the sea controlled by Jones of the White Fleet of a condition to receive a new nation landing there, including habitability and the presence of non-friendly natives there who would resist such an occupation."

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Cog
    Spoiler
    Show

"The islands flourish, but the locals will reject you."

18. - Top - End - #78

Kazyan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well met Atrill Anapur, call me Vilgon, Vathrin, or both, all three are used. My staff is my only weapon, though I freely consent to a peace bond, considering that this is your nation and the lack of a staff won't inhibit my magic, I'll make no such request of you." He says smiling and extending his staff. "The staff really is just custom as well, and i'd just as willingly discard it."

Cogidubnus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Thank you, I will have the money brought down shortly."

After you leave he asks a servant for books on this worlds history, books on the other planes, and books on this world's current political situation.

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do you rule that you can craft multiple items if your result for your craft check would provide enough to make the item twice or more over?

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show

No, though naturally if you're intending to make multiple you'll probably roll to succeed on multiple or not. Generally people prefer them all to be done and use the extra craft DC on intricate detail.

20. - Top - End - #80

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In that case all 65,000 of my 1st level savants will craft 1 GP today, do the same tomorrow, and the same the day after tomorrow, the last day will pay the expenses of the crafting, the first day will have the money go to me, and the second day, the money will go to them. This nations coins are DC 20 to craft, taking 10 they get 21, meaning 420 CP progress out of the 100 CP needed to make a GP.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show

Is this their work to earn their living expenses with which to pay taxes, or just for you?

22. - Top - End - #82

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    They have had so far 3 days off for living expenses, few as they have, they each are trained in another craft skill as well to pay for it. This is just work for the government (me). Also, you'll notice I haven't been taxing the people, I'm planning on taxing them weekly, meaning 1/7th of the normal, so it'd be quite cheap, considering 1 CP is equivalent to a piece of chalk, 1 piece of chalk/week.

If you want me to tell you what they do for living expenses, tell me and I will do such. I didn't increase there wealth for the days they had living expenses, and I don't plan on decreasing wealth by a few CP when I tax them, tell me if I should.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show

Not really sure, you providing them food? Do you have arable land? Do you have some other food source?

24. - Top - End - #84

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Outsiders don't need to eat. Holy Transformation makes them outsiders.

25. - Top - End - #85

Daemon

Drack:

Spoiler
    Show
    Cyrus proceeds to repeat his divination, asking "What is the nature, where nature means race, alignment and individual strength, of the natives?"

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Cog
    Spoiler
    Show

Dark humans of low individual strength.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Yes, one has to keep appearances. Arcanists have staves in commonfolk wisdom--" Atrill's wings stop moving, but he does not fall. "--et cetera." With a few words and hand motions, while running the other hand down his front, the Peacebond would take effect and hold the staff in whatever passed as a holster.

"Peace, trade or alliance are the only options I see. Good impressions work wonders. The lantern archon didn't cause deliberate strife, even presented with the populace, and your attire suggests that you wouldn't immediately evoke into our particular crowds. It's going well. Although, I do need to know if there would be diplomatic conflict when the government of the nation under Althorgen--I'm being indirect in speech due to sparse information; apologies--learns of Canidius's quirks. For example, how do you feel about fey? Because we're almost all fey of some sort here."

drack
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Using his other fly speed. Casting Peacebond. Spell slots left: 5/12/12/10/8/11/6/9/5/6

28. - Top - End - #88

Kazyan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The 'holster' is across Vilgon's back. "Yes, we try to make good impressions, and try to make peace so we aren't seen as invaders. As for fey, we have no problem with them, so long as they don't make problems for us or our allies, that is our view for pretty much anything save demons. Though tell me, do your people have problems with celestials? Not so much of a kind that wants to purge what they see to be evil as the kind that wants to help others and live a peaceful life."

29. - Top - End - #89

Daemon

rweird:
    Spoiler
    Show
    After twenty minutes of divinations, Cyrus returns. "If you wouldn't mind covering my costs now, ten thousand gold pieces or equivalent will be plenty, and then I'll tell you about the habitability and inhabitants of the island."

After receiving money:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I am sorry that took a little longer than expected, I had to perform some further inquiries. The long and the short of it is that the islands are welcoming in terms of climate, but inhabited by "dark" humans, weak individually, who will not welcome a new ruler in their lands."

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90

Cogidubnus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It has been sent for." He says, as 10000 GP each dropped on the closest balcony in a neat stack, if you have one that I've seen previously, if not, at your highest tower. I then inform you of where it is.

If you have people that can see invisibility at the closest point your forbiddence doesn't effect to the drop point:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see five glowing spheres of light appear there and each drops a lot of gold coins, that hover to a gentle landing a few feet from the ground (this is assuming that is within 280 ft of where they are if not, then it will move to a complete stop 280 ft. from the edge, and then continuing to fall), the spheres of light then vanish.

If you have watch people in the area they gold arrives that can't see invisibility:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A shower of gold appear just outside of the forbiddence effect, it hovers to a gentle landing where ever it'll end up being (depending on if you have a balcony).

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sending 5 tulani in incorporeal form with the gold, using telekinesis to make it come to a gentle landing in neat stacks. Then they teleport back.
    Last edited by rweird; 2012-09-13 at 05:51 PM.