New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Awesome Epic Gesalt Nations Game - rweird

rwierd
    Spoiler
    Show
    Atrill strokes his chin. "Constructively-minded celestials variety are welcome, but could they be mistaken as the destructive variety. We'd have to be very clear about one another, or my populace could grow internally or externally unfriendly. That, and I'm not entirely sure everyone knows what a celestial is." He leaned forward a bit. "I'm concerned because many of us, excluding myself, live on negative energy. It's a complex subject, but to be brief about what everyone thinks about one another, you could pile the misconceptions and suspicions to the sky. We can certainly be peaceful, but it's best if--inferring for a moment--we don't mix crowds. Do you see why celestials would cause some alarm on our end, regardless of exalted intentions? I can only explain to so many uninformed masses at once."

Atrill flicked a bit of hair out of his face as he resumed his previous pose, still smiling. "But aside from adding 'solve collective whining' to my to-do list? No, no problems."
    Last edited by Kazyan; 2012-09-13 at 08:49 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kazyan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Yes, I can see why that would happen. Our people will most likely be accepting of fey that do not persist on negative energy. The ones that do also may cause discontent among our people, so yes, I'd agree that not mixing is for the best."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Then we are in agreement. Very well. Althorgen may send an embassy to Canidius if he so wishes." Atrill turned ninety degrees in the air and gestured in the general direction of the visible population gradient. "Could you tell me more about the nation you hail from? Instead of explaining my own, I'll simply tour you if you wish, and you can draw your own conclusions--you seem to be the kind of person who draws accurate ones."

4. - Top - End - #94

Kazyan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Very well, our nation is called Ilakulne " pronounced ILL-uh-KULL-nee "We are now just a remnant of what we were before. This is because of the demons, in our universe, they won the blood war and spilled into the other planes, we held off until we created a rift and brought our nation through. Thallagon Algorthen's companions on the high council stayed behind to close the rift. Then the rest disconnect that universe from the others, to save them, we wandered in the void until we reached a portal and came through into the plane..." He further explains the basics, because i don't want to type up the basics about my nation again, If it's okay with you, could he just explain what this link says without me needing to type it?

Assuming that is okay: "Would you like more detail about anything?" He asks as he concludes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Could you give a brief description of what I see, or should I just assume that I make conclusions that tell me what is in your public background?

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show
    Atrill listens to the explanations thoughtfully. Although he doesn't make eye contact as he makes mental notes of the Remnant, it seems at though he is listening. It was some trait of his body language, but difficult to identify.

"I would like to know how the populace can be industrious, but have such time to itself, assuming you're not describing mutually exclusive demographics." Atrill swings his hand towards a hovering building, over a thousand feet away. "In Canidius, one would get the impression that no one does any work, but that is a misconception. One fey's pastime can provide for another's needs, and the negative populace is intuitively self-sufficient and even quite productive. There is a sociological issue, in that a minority of highly disciplined fey feel overworked, when they provide for needs in their circles of friends. Since the problem's absence could result in hunger or other deprivations, I still need to do research more than anything else." Outside the building, several tiny figures fly around or sit atop the roof.

"If the remnant has such a history with demons, why is your outfit half-fiendish? If it is a magical set of equipment, one would expect at least a coat of paint." Atrill turned in place to look at Vilgon again. n a moment, he shrugged as he gestured towards another location. A small group of landbound figures huddles around a campfire, one of them standing on something and posed as if playing some kind of wind instrument; the distance made it hard to tell. "Would you like to go meet a few of the citizens? You'll find that the unliving don't stretch the variance of 'normal', even though..."

OOC: Blah blah blah he explaaaaains. You have the information in the public background now. If is Atrill's word-precision is confusing, just tell me to tone it down.

6. - Top - End - #96

Kazyan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vilgon looks around the nation as
    Atrill speaks, nodding every once in a while to show he's listening. Once Atrill finishes, he speaks: "The mask marks me as a demon slayer, and a friend of the angels. It is much like how a hunter wears the skin of big kills. If you think my appearance would be unnerving, I should change it. Why we are industrious though we don't need to be is for one thing, the blood of the angels in us, need of commodities, and enjoyment of artwork, as well as providing for each others wants often being leisure for others as you described. If me meeting the citizens wouldn't be a delay for them, I'd be happy to meet so of them."

OOC: I actually kind of enjoy Atrill's word-precision.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

rweird:
    Spoiler
    Show

"Thank you, it has been a pleasure doing business with you. I hope we can work together again. I can continue to provide divinations, and also can rapidly construct mundane equipment and traps. Speaking of which, I hope you will excuse me, I have another business appointment."
    Homebrew: Ghost Rider, a 3.5e Base Class inspired by Marvel's Comics.

So guys, the new Iron Man trailer, huh?

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98

Cogidubnus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Thank you, i hope we meet again in the future, fare well." He says before flying out of the forbinddence area and teleporting away.

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Teleporting to my nation.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sachiru doesn't get one.
    Last edited by drack; 2012-09-18 at 12:08 PM.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

10. - Top - End - #100

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm casting Persisted Ghostform from uncanny forethought, and then Superior Invisibility, and then teleporting to the island I wanted to bring my nation to to scout. With mind blank Ghostform, and Superior Invisibility, I think I can't be detected by anything excepts blindsight from a means the isn't a divination spell, and is ruled to be partially effective (The SRD says "Nonvisual senses, such as scent and blindsight, are either ineffective or only partly effective with regard to incorporeal creatures.") Not sure which it would be for this.
    Last edited by rweird; 2012-09-19 at 04:36 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show

I may have said lantern as they were on my mind.

Anywho IC

You arrive in a sparse but lush tropical forest with various fruit trees about, and crystal clear rivers. In the distance cliff faces border the island making it defensible and resilient to the unending hammering of the waves.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

12. - Top - End - #102

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lantern archon, oh, i was wondering about that. Thanks.

IC: I fly towards it.
    Spot and Listen, taking 10, each of which would be 69. Using my detect thoughts SLA (DC 44) with swift concentration. Using SU arcane sight, lastly, I'm using my detect evil SLA.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show

You approach what and detect thoughts on whom?

14. - Top - End - #104

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have them active, I will systematically target all living creatures I find, targeting those that appear to be higher rank over those that seem to be of lower rank, humanoids over animals. Though I activate it now so I won't have to wait once I find someone/thing.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I asked because it looked incongruous with the Remnant's history, not because of unease. The visual balance means nothing, then?" Atrill asked, grinning, and paused for a response. "Your celestial honestly is refreshing. We have enough in common that it should be that way." He widely gestured with one arm towards the tower. "Head on over; they don't look busy."

After a half-second to properly orient himself, his wings resumed motion, and Atrill flew indirectly towards the tower at uncanny speed. Within fifteen seconds, he would be close enough to need to slow down, and did so with a quick loop around the tower. He rose slowly and landed on the roof.

Already, some of the fey had flown inside the tower, but a few weren't as shy. A surprised grunt of acknowledgment came from an unkempt killoren*, levitating off the side of the rail with a book in his arm. A petal slowly awoke from her nap on the roof's grass. Another one, already alert and in the air, bowed and descended to let her feet touch the dirt. Her floral traits were a wilted white color, in sharp contrast to the norm, but both of them were extremely tall and stocky for their species.**

"Good afternoon. Does everyone feel healthy and happy today?" He turned his head partway towards Vilgon, which made the citizens notice the mage. "We have a visitor today. It's normal to feel shy, but he means no harm. Vilgon, this is Hïssha and Elm. And you?"

"Aglosesl," the killoren finished.

"Aglosesl. This is Vilgon, everyone."

OOC: I just made these people up so don't worry about them being important.

*Killoren look roughly human, to save the book-diving to figure out what Vilgon is seeing.
    **Vilgon can hit a Knowledge (Nature) check of, like, 16, right?

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show

In that case, I am scrubbing my previous reply.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show
    OK, but I still don't know what I'm approaching...

18. - Top - End - #108

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The cliff fortress-esquey thingy unless I saw something from where I was.

Kazyan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ."The balance does have a deeper meaning, though it is made so it can appear only to have the one I gave you. Drawing power from demons is dangerious, though this mask does such, it also draws powers from celestialsto balance that, only my master and I have masks with such power, though others msy have masks. We know we are strong enough to control the dark side of the mask, though we don't want to put anyone else at risk."

Vilgon pulls off a rapid series of teleports to keep pace with Atrill.
    "Pleased to meet you." he says smiling.

OoC: He easily can make a DC 16.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show

The clif-face that encircles the island?

20. - Top - End - #110

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I guess I'll look for signs of life presuming my detection abilities showed nothing, I will do such by teleporting 100 ft. over the treeline and looking for signs of life (Smoke and such), if I see no signs from their
    i will fly to the cliff-face and fly around this island to see if there are any fishing communities or something (looking around, so if there is something interesting that isn't a fishing community I still want to know about it).

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show

how high are you flying, how are you looking, and what can you see?

22. - Top - End - #112

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll fly at the height of the cliff face, I'll use the previously mentioned means to detect things (Spot and Listen, taking 10, each of which would be 69. Using my detect thoughts SLA (DC 44) with swift concentration. Using SU arcane sight, lastly, I'm using my detect evil SLA), and I will be 50 ft. out from the cliff face.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show

You fin nothing that indicates a higher level of civilization then monkeys.

24. - Top - End - #114

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    How large is the island? Also, does detect thoughts show animal intelligence from the monkeys or is it higher?

I teleport to the next island if it seems my search would have covered this island well, and do the same as I did here (cliff-face) is equivalent to bank for me flying around the island, if not I will fly over the rest of the island looking for civilizations.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show

They have int 2, which is enough to form a rudimentary "civilization"
    You find no higher intelligence lifeforms in your sweep of the islands, and they are about as big as they are on the map.

26. - Top - End - #116

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, I return to my nation, dismiss ghostform and superior invisibility, I'm ordering my people to make sure that all objects in the nation indirectly touch someone or something touching the piece of the nation they're in.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

rweird
    Spoiler
    Show

ok...

28. - Top - End - #118

Drack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    After I feel confident everything is accounted for, I will have my 10th level druids use their Glasses of the Distance (sandstorm) to move my nation 10 miles towards the island per use, each has 2, and I have 100, meaning my nation will move up to 2000 miles, being more than enough to move my nation to the islands I scouted. I'll have my leadership people and summons stay behind to caught falling things if their are any, and hold on to them, someone will go and report to me after that. I'll wait 1 round for each teleport.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

RWIERD
    Spoiler
    Show

"Indeed... how interesting. More of you..." he muses for a moment.
    A messenger comes running up to him and hand him a small note. Burzum reads the note quickly as the paper decays slowly in his hands. "It seems that I have an engagement with Lord Cyrus very shortly. However I would be more than happy to discuss terms with your leader as soon as I am available." Rising from his stone throne the huge decaying form of the orc fills the room. "Fly north with me to Cyrus and then I shall accompany you from there to meet King Thallagon Algorthen."
    Current Avatar made by Pessimismrocks for the Battle for the little world - Fields of Blood game!

Spoiler: Past Avatars
    Show

Awesome Avatar made by Meirnon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    We took a thread that was supposed to be a diplomatic negotiation and first contact, and turned it into Darth Ghaeris' rampage...

Extended Homebrewer's Signature

30. - Top - End - #120

Gaiyamato:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Thallagon Algorthen has just met with lord Cyrus, though he now is several hundred miles away from him. He could meet with you himself while you fly to meet lord Cyrus." says the archon, opening its wings to make ready to fly.

EDIT: Should I move this to your thread? I didn't realize others would have heard.
    Last edited by rweird; 2012-09-23 at 06:55 AM.