New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Careless Village WW

Lex-Kat gets my vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

I'll enter as clueless newcomer 27.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong View Post
    There. Fixed misunderstanding. ^^

Was quoting Gray Mage voting for bladescape, a Newcomer. Votes against newcomers don't count. They can still make votes though.
    Sorry, must've missed that. Ramsus, then. And Lex?
    Last edited by Gray Mage; 2012-10-02 at 06:59 PM.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

No one at 4 votes yet. Just saying.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry, Forum Explorer. Gotta have a lynch.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

I'd rather not die so Planswalker
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll vote for Planswalker too.

Edit:...Aaand I just realized I was voting for the narrator before. Whoops.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-10-02 at 07:09 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Knew it was a risk to speak up, but I'd rather us lynch a town on day 1 than not have a voting pattern to look at.

besides, then I get to try coming back as a clueless newcomer
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Well, with a statement like that you're probably a non-power role town or a bluffing wolf so, yeah, I guess for you, today is a good day to die.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

yeah, looks like.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Day 1

"Hey, listen to me! I have a plan to get out of this mess. You see, vote me Mayor. I have the power to protect all of you, if only you would trust me just this much. C'mon, a little compromise here?" A Candidate stands in front of crowd, appealing to villagers, desperate to keep town together. "Simply tell me what you need; I will make it happen. You want these perpetrators gone? Fine. I'll begin rooting them out right away."

Lynch mob continues watching, some murmuring, agreeing, some not. Voices cry out: "He's suspicious!" "What does she know?" "I heard this guy killed the Gatekeeper..." "You know, I've always had my eye on him..." "Lynch him! Lynch him!" The chaos reaches a max as a Scapegoat is pushed to the front of the crowd. "No, it wasn't me! It's a lie! Don't trust them! It's not too late to change your mind! Ahhhh!"

"Calm down, calm down. Let's not be too hasty. We haven't even procured the rope. It's not a lynch without rope!" The crowd begins to calm down in confusion and acceptance. That is, until another man speaks up, this one the Executioner. "That's what I'm here for. You need axe, I kill. All evil must die!" He walks up to the Scapegoat, pulling a heavy axe from his back and holding the resisting man down. "Relax. It will only hurt... a lot."

...a thud is heard as a Watcher cackles in the darkness. "Hahaha! Fountains, public, public, death! Not for you, me, you, us, who? Muahahahah!!! Hehehehe..." The cackles fade as the man slips away, and an onlooker looking up may see silhouette in window above, moving hands, mumbling, watching out. To the square, the tragic square.

From far away, on gates of the city, man looks down, shaking his head slightly, Youth at his side, scribbling notes and handing them to the Elder. "Things aren't always what they seem, I hear. It may not-" might be heard as sound is carried down by the wind. The Elder turns and nods, beckoning the Youth down stairs behind them, fading out of sight, an onlooker not knowing when to expect them next. In silent, another man creeps into the village, trying to escape notice.

In houses all around, villagers fall silent, night descends. But for the scarce few awake, those who use ritual protection, talismans, fortune. Those who roll bones, dice, looking into spheres, water, for hope of savior from this insanity. Many groups meet, in darkness, obscurity, and discuss what to do, planning for days ahead, when events become much more hectic than those of that day. Night falls on the careless village.

Spoiler
    Show
    A Scapegoat was killed. Luckily, he was none of you.
    A fifth Clueless Newcomer enters the village.

*Disclaimer: Characters portrayed in narration give no clue to player roles currently in town.*
    **Disclaimer to disclaimer: Death narrations may give clues to role. Or not.**

Player List:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Living Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ## Player Name
    1 usourselves&we
    3 super dark33
    4 Gray Mage
    5 Penguinator
    6 TigerFang
    7 Ramsus
    8 Grue Bait
    9 Zar Peter
    10 Lex-Kat
    11 planswalker
    12 Eternis
    13 Matthias2207
    14 Forum Explorer
    15 TBFProgrammer
    -- Clueless Villagers
    17 C'nor
    27 Tom the Mime
    31 Devmaar
    42 gunnar11
    50 bladescape

Night 1 begins
    ...and will end in 24 hours

Call for any onlookers to be Clueless Newcomers!

Reminders: All night actions are posted in QTs.
    If I have anything to tell you, will put it in QTs, so check them frequently.
    Roles revealed on lynch but not Night Kill.
    Last edited by Count Dingdong; 2014-08-06 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Fixing tables

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

...Question! Did the first day matter if the Scrapegoat was going to go off anyways?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    ...Question! Did the first day matter if the Scrapegoat was going to go off anyways?
    Yes, first day mattered. Scapegoat was going to die, but could have been any one of you.
    Last edited by Count Dingdong; 2012-10-02 at 09:32 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

What does that mean?

15. - Top - End - #75
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Means you should figure out what it means for yourself.
    Hint: read the rules. Carefully.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

A name is a name, and something game-y made no one die?
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

The only thing I saw is that there are Bystander roles that we don't know what are. I didn't see any kind of note that says anything about us possibly lynching nonexistent people.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    The only thing I saw is that there are Bystander roles that we don't know what are. I didn't see any kind of note that says anything about us possibly lynching nonexistent people.
    Narrations are narrations. Anything could happen. Characters exist, some that fit roles, some that don't. One of them may happen to die in no-lynch/no NK situation. Or be extra death during a lynch/NK.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Looks like the game may have started with one bystander of unknown powers.

Original roles list fourteen people. or we are way too tired to count properly.

or something narrator-ish happened? walker was the one with most votes right? was there a unnoticed tie? is this legitimate or fobar?
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

20. - Top - End - #80
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Game started with no Bystanders. All original roles in opening post. This is legitimate. Yes, planswalker had most votes. That should answer those questions.

Also, probably favorite way to start off this game: unexpected things. Wait for all the other roles to come in. This will get interesting.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I'm trying to figure out if we didn't hit lynch majority due to Clueless Newcomer votes being discarded. I think the only one on planswalker was C'Nor, so that leaves a tie. (I didn't look close at who voted for Forum Explorer)

By that logic, we 1) have no executioner or 2) have an executioner that didn't want to be stupid and kill someone important with no information.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, I was protected from being day killed. Knew that all along, had been trying to avoid us lynching someone random and hitting a power role. Ideally, we instead would have taken out forum explorer, whom I think is a wolf, but oh well. Figured it was better to get risk getting targeted to point out the hole in explorer's logic. I'd rather tip my hand now and establish a voting pattern.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    Actually, I was protected from being day killed. Knew that all along, had been trying to avoid us lynching someone random and hitting a power role. Ideally, we instead would have taken out forum explorer, whom I think is a wolf, but oh well. Figured it was better to get risk getting targeted to point out the hole in explorer's logic. I'd rather tip my hand now and establish a voting pattern.
    He planned this! Villagers don't have plans! Kill him!

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

if you really are hellbent on lynching town tomorrow, I can't stop you. I really did screw up by sticking my head up on day one. Without anything else to go on, y'all are just gonna rush to lynch whatever talks the most.

since I'd rather get night killed on night 2 than waste town's time getting day killed, let me go ahead and explain WHY I didn't get lynched: I am a mason, specifically Mason A.

Masons x3 - These players know who each other are. Because of their camaraderie, they trust and protect each other. ...for first day/night, that is... One is founder of the Secret Society.
    Count Dingdong said so explicitly. Masons can't be day or night killed for day/night 1. They protect each other.

Look through the rules... there is no other way I could have been protected from getting lynched day 1.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-10-06 at 05:58 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

What planswalker said. Noted in rules and assumed word "protection" was sufficient to imply bane. Sorry that wasn't clear, thought it was. And wans't sure how much to confirm about another's role.

For Night 1: think I have all roles gave targets, but am giving 24 hour extension just in case people haven't noticed forum back up. 24 hours from this post is deadline for fina decisions.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

I read that three times and somehow glossed over the mention of night and thought it was just flavor for saying they're masons and thus will vote like masons. >_<

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

I had been hoping I could have deflected suspicion without revealing myself, but unless the day 1 clueless includes a baner, I'm dead on night 2.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Night 1

In dark of night, Advisor speaks to following, obscured by shadow, any newcomers unknown. "A new day is dawning on this fragile town. Under new leadership, we will transform it into something mighty, something much better. But to do so, there can be no opposition, none who know the reality. No one can be in our way, understand?" Nods or not, can it be told in darkness? "Listen well, as I tell you the plan, and who shall be the first to die. There's a group, they call themselves..." So continues, on into night, but enough as we move to yet another, group kept in obscurity, for safety, to survive.

Abandoned warehouse, dim candlelight, hoods covering faces, the leader and Founder detailed only by symbols on his cloak. From the circle, if three can be called that, a Member, a voice: "They're catching on. We were more, so much more, and yet they're turning us on each other. How many dead, so quickly? When will they notice? It was almost to hard to protect one of our own, me, today. This cannot go on much longer. When will they arrive?" From the cowl, echoing voice resounds, calming yet disturbing at the same time, and who had seen his face? "Patience, they will arrive. Soon or not, they will make a difference. We will make a difference, as much we can. Organize, and the rest will follow. They will send the information. Soon..." Again conversation, throughout the night, undisturbed, as we move to the last, our final group.

Group though it may be called, network is better. For those alone, passing notes and fragments, hints and clues. Never meeting, trapped in silence. The Information loses a few. In one, a man, riffling through papers. He cries, "Aha! This must be it!" until face turns down in dismay, as the lead goes nowhere. The sad Fool, unsure of where to go. In another, a man places papers on a table, scratching his head, rolling dice, and piecing things together. The Leader, some may call his deductions magical, even classifying him as soothsayer. But the dice are just habit, and night goes on in thought. The third house visited is empty, of life at least. Blood covers floor as man sleeps eternal rest, information shredded and looted around house. At fourth, a man, disheveled, cackles in astonished laughter. Madman, though we call him, his role in Network is unparalleled. What he sees in Advisor, none may know, or what his presence here, in another's house, may mean. Dead body swaying as clockwork in rafters may tell, but who would know?

Paranoia reigns as night brings victims to add to the count and more enter town to end up same. Returning to Advisor, conversation ends, and day breaks over village. "...will all die. The secret cannot be told. For the sake of us all, it cannot be let out. Once was too much, and I have seen the horror. Trust my judgement, and we will all be safe. Now, I must leave. I have other duties to attend to." Dawn, and a new choice, of who to be rid of, of who to kill. Who will they choose? The rest is up to them, the village, that careless, careless village.

Spoiler
    Show
    A Network Member was murdered. Luckily, he was none of you.
    An Important Civilian was hanged in his own house. But most people don't care, and none of you do either.
    Four Clueless Newcomers assume their roles.
    One Clueless Newcomer continues observing.

*Disclaimer: Random people may die at a whim. Non-random people won't. And plot furthers itself, with slight adjustment from player RP.*
    **Disclaimer 2: Like most villages, this is not made up of only important people. Important ones are you. Rest are sheep, to-be-newcomers, or plot devices.**

Player List:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Living Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ## Player Name
    1 usourselves&we
    3 super dark33
    4 Gray Mage
    5 Penguinator
    6 TigerFang
    7 Ramsus
    8 Grue Bait
    9 Zar Peter
    10 Lex-Kat
    11 planswalker
    12 Eternis
    13 Matthias2207
    14 Forum Explorer
    15 TBFProgrammer
    17 C'nor
    31 Devmaar
    42 gunnar11
    50 bladescape
    -- Clueless Villagers
    27 Tom the Mime

Day 2 begins
    ...and will end in 48 hours

Call for any onlookers to be Clueless Newcomers!

18 players -> 5 votes needed to lynch
    Newcomer role names/descriptions won't be revealed, aside from role names when lynched.
    In potential of multiple killer roles and/or multiple baners, if killers targeting player outnumber baners targeting player, bane is broken.
    Last edited by Count Dingdong; 2014-08-06 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Fixing tables

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Randomala point at Forum explorer for no reason

i tottaly didnt change my post.
    Last edited by super dark33; 2012-10-09 at 02:01 AM.
    Despite everything, its still me.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lets start the discussion then:

Super dark33??

ourselves&we for mayor
    Last edited by gunnar11; 2012-10-08 at 03:02 PM.