New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Careless Village WW

Just so everyone knows, I still don't know what being Mayor does (I highly suspect nothing) but, I might be able to glean more information if I have the role for more than a single day. Also, I just can't get any work done if I'm constantly campaigning.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

C'nor for mayor sounds like a good idea to me. We can't have a living mayor, after all. That would just be against playground tradition.
    The BareFoot Programmer

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

I thought the tradition was the mayor quickly dies, not is already dead. That's why I figured I should be mayor. Because I figured I would be dead already.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TBFProgrammer View Post
    C'nor for mayor sounds like a good idea to me. We can't have a living mayor, after all. That would just be against playground tradition.
    I may regret this, but... why is it against playground tradition?
    (Feels like an interesting story.)

C'nor: whenever you are ready to reintroduce yourself, have at it. I tried to leave myself open ended that envening, but if you would prefer, I can move to the next morning.

planswalker: You have an interesting character; this should be fun!
    78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.The players were attacked individually on the road on the way to town by werewolves. To survive, they had to team up then and there without knowing anything about eachother (literally -- all character sheets were completed without other players' knowledge).

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll vote for myself, sure.

And I can bring Naera back whenever you want; I was just waiting to make sure you weren't trying to set up a plot or something with the people Kal saw. Is she going to be heading back to her room any time tonight?

Edit:

Also, what slots are available for clueless newcomers?
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-10-16 at 01:42 PM.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

C'nor: I guess I must not have been overly clear in my last in-character post -- that was taking place in her room upstairs in the inn. That is why she has a vantage point that focuses on the alley rather than the [former] gallows. I will work on that in future posts. As for setting things up with others, well, I am not sure who else is interested in joining. I will slip them into the narrative as the days go -- I don't want to put people on the spot. As for setting up characters NPC (essentially -- I like that better than alternate egos...), well, I thought she would ease into things as she gets her bearings. (I most certainly have ideas, but I would like to see if anyone else is going to pop into those roles before I take them over...)
    78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.The players were attacked individually on the road on the way to town by werewolves. To survive, they had to team up then and there without knowing anything about eachother (literally -- all character sheets were completed without other players' knowledge).

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

One of my fellow masons is suspicious of Eternis' voting pattern. He wanted to lynch Superdark right up until he was actually in jeopardy. The theory is that the wolves have found a legitimate way of communicating with each other.

Also, C'Nor for mayor, as he actually does some RP here.

The Face Man was glad. They'd ferreted out the leader of the ones looking to tear this town apart. However, this organization was no snake. Though its head was cut off, it still refused to die. He dearly hoped that the bloodshed would end soon. He wanted to get back to his quiet life he lead before he had to step out as the voice of the masons to the people.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

I wont go as newcomer becasue i would probably be lynched again as "hurr hurr lets lynch superdark for no reason".
    Despite everything, its still me.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Naera sank her claws into the side of the building, having, finally, once the last of the people at the gallows had left, cut the rope from around her neck, and began to climb, following the scent of her acquaintance.

Of course, she could have just gone up the stairs, but white cloaks with red arrows dyed on the back, the symbol of her unit, back amongst the Hunterkin, were hardly common, and seeing as not only had she just been hung, she was now blinded, with strips of flesh torn from her body by crows, exposing the flesh in some places, she would probably have drawn entirely too much attention...

So, when she, after a climb that (in her mind, and probably only there) had been entirely too taxing, even for someone in her condition, she rapped weakly on the appropriate window, not even bothering to pull her hood back up to hide the worst of the damage.

-------

Superdark, you try to look wolfish. What do you expect to happen?
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-10-16 at 02:16 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Dwarf in the Playground

Can I ask what makes Eternis' voting pattern suspicious? I have starting working on some voting notes, and I am trying to figure out what patterns I oought to look for.
    For Eternis, I saw that on
    Day 1 -- he voted for usourselves&we 18hrs before the deadline
    Day 2 -- he voted for superdark33 6hrs before the deadline
    Day 3 -- he voted for C’nor 19.5hrs before the deadline
    Day 4 -- he voted for Ramsus 43.5hrs before the deadline
    He had no solid reasons that he gave to the board for his choices, but I can't falut that since there is little to no info given. At the same time, he also never changed his mind once he voted.
    Can someone please explain the pattern to me that makes this odd. I honestly don't know and really do want to understand this game better... Can someone please explain the data to me?

C'nor: I will get my RP up in a bit.
    Last edited by Kalrany; 2012-10-16 at 02:38 PM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Naera sank her claws into the side of the building, having, finally, once the last of the people at the gallows had left, cut the rope from around her neck, and began to climb, following the scent of her acquaintance.

Of course, she could have just gone up the stairs, but white cloaks with red arrows dyed on the back, the symbol of her unit, back amongst the Hunterkin, were hardly common, and seeing as not only had she just been hung, she was now blinded, with strips of flesh torn from her body by crows, exposing the flesh in some places, she would probably have drawn entirely too much attention...

So, when she, after a climb that (in her mind, and probably only there) had been entirely too taxing, even for someone in her condition, she rapped weakly on the appropriate window, not even bothering to pull her hood back up to hide the worst of the damage.

-------

Superdark, you try to look wolfish. What do you expect to happen?
    I dont try to look wolfish i try to look silly.
    Despite everything, its still me.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kal woke up from her uneasy rest with a jolt. Tapping? She looked around, realizing it was coming from the window and not the door. She grabbed her robe from the foot of the bed, securing it around her as she stepped out of bed. She grabbed her knife with one hand and the heaviest book she had in the other. She took a deep breath, her heart beating rapidly with paranoia. “Idiot,” she whispered under her breath. “It’s likely just a kid tossing rocks. Stupid parents. Or maybe an owl. Yes, a bird looking for a handout…”

She let out the rest of her breath slowly, then took another as she walked softly to the opening. The night breeze was cool, but the moon illuminated the figure hanging on the vertical face of the building, Kal gasped, and took an involuntary step to the side, away from the figure but with a better view. Looking at the damaged face in front of her, recognition jolted her into action as she opened the window as wide as it would go.

“Naera?!?” she whispered, surprise, doubt, fear, and concern all present in her tone.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by super dark33 View Post
    I dont try to look wolfish i try to look silly.
    you try to be obnoxious. I clearly stated my reason for wanting to lynch you.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

14. - Top - End - #284
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Also, what slots are available for clueless newcomers?
    Anyone not currently taken:

Newcomer Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ## Player Name Role? Died?
    17 C'nor Newcommoner Day 3
    27 Tom the Mime
    31 Devmaar
    35 Kalrany
    42 gunnar11
    50 bladescape

#16-51, except 17, 27, 31, 35, 42, 50.
    Last edited by Count Dingdong; 2014-08-06 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Fixing tables

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Naera nodded, blood running down her face from her ruined eyes as the motion jars the wounds, though it isn't all that obvious, with how much there is on her already, and slowly, though likely as fast as she could, given the wounds on her arms, pulled herself inside, most likely dropping heavily to the floor, unless Kal assists her quickly enough to prevent that.

"That would be me, yes. My kind don't die easily, as you can see, though we mimic it very well indeed. I don't suppose any of those books you have cover how to treat things like this, do they? Or failing that, that you have some experience as a medic from your time on the road?"

Edit:

Spot 51, please!
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-10-16 at 03:23 PM.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kalrany View Post
    Can I ask what makes Eternis' voting pattern suspicious? I have starting working on some voting notes, and I am trying to figure out what patterns I oought to look for.
    Voting patterns alone are insufficient for any real analysis. You have to include context. They are most useful on day 2, since there is little else to go on. Votes can still be suspicious, but they are only suspicious because of everything else going on around them.

In this case, Eternis voted SuperDark when doing so wasn't likely to get SuperDark lynched, which is meh except that he then voted the alternate wagon twice. This could be interpreted to mean that Eternis had a reason to want SuperDark alive, but also didn't want to have things appear that way.

Hmm, actually, now that I think about it, Eternis effectively caused the "save the seer" wagon to split in half by creating a tie in the votes. Whilst the seer claimant turned out to be a false one, that is still a little suspicious.
    The BareFoot Programmer

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

That's a decently persuasive argument TBF and I have no leads of my own so, Eternis.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yes. . . very good sounding stuff there.

Eternis.

Ramsus for continued mayoral-ness.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

19. - Top - End - #289
    Dwarf in the Playground

..."
    It took a moment for Kal to realize that Naera was actually climbing in the window, so the injured women was half way through before instinct took over to somewhat soften the fall. Kal tried to steer Naera to lean seated upright against the wall of the room and, once positioned, stepped back, reaching for the bedside lamp. “How…” she began, then shook her head. “I…”

Taking a deep breath as she set the now lit lamp beside Naera, Kal straightened up and took another look at the pale women. The damage was extensive, but she was alive. Kal’s mind raced as she tried to understand what could have happened, her face passive. Finally, in a voice harder than she had yet to use, she spoke, “I don’t know what is going on, but I saw you hung not 5 yours ago. Hung. Dead.”

She turned and reached for her emergency pack on top of the dresser. Continuing to speak in very clear tones, she knelt beside Naera. “I have somewhat more than basic skill, so this should help for the time being, but you will need to see a professional healer for much beyond what I can do. I am going to check your wounds to be sure that there is no foreign material, then I have to clean them. Tell me if you need a moment, and I can pause, but the sooner this is done, the better. You should be able to speak as I do this, so I would appreciate an explanation.”

“Now, hold your held still like this,” she carefully lifted Naera’s chin to see the gashes in a better light. “What happened.”

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

I will vote Eternis and Ramsus

21. - Top - End - #291
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'll vote executioner and Ramsus

22. - Top - End - #292
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

less than 24 hours left

Votes:
    Eternis - 5
    No Lynch/Executioner - 1
    15 player -> 4 min to lynch

Mayor Votes:
    Ramsus - 4
    C'nor - 3

9 people haven't voted.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Bugbear in the Playground

Executioner, because that's more fun. and Ramsus
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

24. - Top - End - #294
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Here, as a gesture of my goodwill:

Executioner.

If he thinks that I am a wolf, he can kill me. But yeah, vote executioner people! Give that man a job!
    (But I won't vote for myself outright)

Also, Ramsus.

Edit: The reason I lynch-voted ramsus before was because I like the idea of double-votes.
    Last edited by Eternis; 2012-10-17 at 03:16 PM.
    Xykon's not Evil. He just get bored really easily. And he doesn't have constructive hobbies.
    Spoiler: Gen/Degen
    Show
    Generation 4
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your signature and add one.
    Degeneration 92
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and subtract one.
    Spoiler: Super Secret Awesome Point Counter
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Spoiler: I be an awesome pokemon
    Show

Spoiler: Le Quotes on le topic of Me
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    You're a perfect person.
    Isn't Socksy adorabibbles?

25. - Top - End - #295
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

I place my claim on #16! ... If I die...
    Last edited by Eternis; 2012-10-17 at 03:27 PM.
    Xykon's not Evil. He just get bored really easily. And he doesn't have constructive hobbies.
    Spoiler: Gen/Degen
    Show
    Generation 4
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your signature and add one.
    Degeneration 92
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and subtract one.
    Spoiler: Super Secret Awesome Point Counter
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Spoiler: I be an awesome pokemon
    Show

Spoiler: Le Quotes on le topic of Me
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    You're a perfect person.
    Isn't Socksy adorabibbles?

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

The RNG has dictated Number 30 when the night arises.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Bugbear in the Playground

I don't know if I have time in the next 24 hours to really read about the thread so I vote executioner as a placeholder.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

The cliff notes is either eternis or executioner today. One of my fellow masons saw a voting pattern with Eternis that he thought smelled of wolf. Several others agreed.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eternis for now. I have to put my thoughts together for a different vote. I also would like to see how the logic on this plays out.
    I am going with C'nor for the mayor vote, for the same reasons as planswalker.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

As much as I don't really like voting to lynch someone after I've just helped lynch them in another game, Eternis does seem the most suspicious.

And Ramsus for mayor I guess.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.