New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Careless Village WW

Point at TigerFang because I had to take one of the two.
    Last edited by Zar Peter; 2012-10-24 at 05:38 AM.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #392
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kalrany View Post
    "I'm not sure that is incredibly reassuring, all things considered. I been hearing some rather wild rumors this morning..." she said as she walked quickly over. "I was hoping you could prove them false?" she asked, her expression indicating she was aware it was hopeless question. She stopped in front of the duo, trying to figure out what she should say.
    "I am not one of reassurance, and . . . I have no way of proving any recent occurrence false. It is sad to say but, he has left his house to you."

((Probably would go on to say more, but maybe you wanted an earth shattering terror moment for her to go through that would drown all the senses while she comes to terms with things.))

---

Oh, and people don't forget to vote us for mayor, or someone else, whatever.
    Last edited by usourselves&we; 2012-10-23 at 04:14 PM.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

3. - Top - End - #393
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by usourselves&we View Post
    "I am not one of reassurance, and . . . I have no way of proving any recent occurrence false. It is sad to say but, he has left his house to you."

((Probably would go on to say more, but maybe you wanted an earth shattering terror moment for her to go through that would drown all the senses while she comes to terms with things.))

---

Oh, and people don't forget to vote us for mayor, or someone else, whatever.
    (((Earth shattering terror is not in her profile.)))

Kal blinked. “What?”

Kal looked at the man who had spoken. His calm appearance seemed detached, as opposed to Nighthunter, who looked more like Kal expected she did – saddened, upset, confused. For Kal, that confusion was growing, especially as the man seemed to be watching her reaction. Did he just say that she inherited the man’s house?

“His… his house?” she stuttered, her mind trying to change paths quickly. “Why would he do that?” she asked, bewildered. She looked back and forth between them.
    78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.The players were attacked individually on the road on the way to town by werewolves. To survive, they had to team up then and there without knowing anything about eachother (literally -- all character sheets were completed without other players' knowledge).

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yeah, forgot to vote for myself to stay in office.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Halfling in the Playground

Joining as clueless newcomer. Not quite sure how this works though- what is a "QT"?

Characters:
    Adventuring School: Irian

6. - Top - End - #396
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nightpenguin View Post
    Joining as clueless newcomer. Not quite sure how this works though- what is a "QT"?
    To join as clueless newcomer, pick number that hasn't been taken (see first post, under player list, under newcomer roles). Baically #16 - 51, except ones taken (16, 17, 27, 30, 31, 35, 39, 42, 50, 51).

A QT is a QuickTopic, which will take place of PMs for this game. Basically website where you'll be given role, cn ask questions, and give decisions for whatever private actiosn you have.

Example QT here: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/eb9kNcrmXzL

Logged-in players have star next to name. But anyone can post, just type in name.

Any other questions, just ask.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Dwarf in the Playground

(((Earth shattering terror is not in her profile.)))

Kal blinked. “What?”

Kal looked at the man who had spoken. His calm appearance seemed detached, as opposed to Nighthunter, who looked more like Kal expected she did – saddened, upset, confused. For Kal, that confusion was growing, especially as the man seemed to be watching her reaction. Did he just say that she inherited the man’s house?

“His… his house?” she stuttered, her mind trying to change paths quickly. “Why would he do that?” she asked, bewildered. She looked back and forth between them.
    ((Meh, guess it would not have made for a good story point, can't really talk to someone who has BSOD syndrome, so yeah.))

"Yes, at least, that is what the other half of the rumor is in some cases. As for why . . . The man seemed to trust you, maybe he wanted to protect you in some way. Do you currently feel safe at the inn, that is where you are staying, correct?"

8. - Top - End - #398
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Lynch votes:
    Tom the Mime - 3
    TigerFang - 3
    Kalrany - 1

4 min to lynch
    6 players still need to vote?
    Those rping, don't forget to vote as well

Mayor votes:
    usourselves&we - 2
    Ramsus - 1

Candidates send in title to learn about

Executioner send in target just in case.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Usourselves&we and TigerFang, since I get bad vibes from the other wagon.
    Last edited by Gray Mage; 2012-10-24 at 01:44 PM.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Halfling in the Playground

Ok, Joining as clueless newcomer #32.

Characters:
    Adventuring School: Irian

11. - Top - End - #401
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Meh, guess it would not have made for a good story point, can't really talk to someone who has BSOD syndrome, so yeah.))

"Yes, at least, that is what the other half of the rumor is in some cases. As for why . . . The man seemed to trust you, maybe he wanted to protect you in some way. Do you currently feel safe at the inn, that is where you are staying, correct?"
    ((Trying to work it in to the roleplaying, but at worst case will vote tomorrow before the deadline.))

(((us: I would have no idea how to play that anyway. Beisdes, this not her first travel -- just the wierdest.))

Kal couldn’t hide her wince. She couldn’t deny that she didn’t feel safe, even keeping a chair against the door, stacked with books, and her knife under her pillow. She’d even heard someone attempting to enter the last night, but didn’t see anyone once she had moved the barricade enough to open the door. For good or ill, she felt vulnerable in the inn. On the other hand, she was getting a better idea of who was out and about at night by watching the alleyway from her window.

“True. But what about his family? I would think they would want to keep it…” her words faded off. Maybe he had left notes behind? He was investigating, maybe if their work was compiled… She would wait for rumor to become fact before she could plan what her next step was.

She pulled herself out of her thoughts. “I’d like to think he trusted me. I know I was trying to let him know what I have found…”
    78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.The players were attacked individually on the road on the way to town by werewolves. To survive, they had to team up then and there without knowing anything about eachother (literally -- all character sheets were completed without other players' knowledge).

12. - Top - End - #402
    Dwarf in the Playground

((planswalker if any of this is not that of you character feel free to address the contrary points, but this should be vague enough for there to be family of the face man if you so wish.))

"I do not know much of his family. The few times I had been there these past years I had seen nobody that could fit that description, some people can be allowed to keep their past buried.

At any rate, I do not think there would be much of a problem if you stay there for a spell.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Dwarf in the Playground

((planswalker if any of this is not that of you character feel free to address the contrary points, but this should be vague enough for there to be family of the face man if you so wish.))

"I do not know much of his family. The few times I had been there these past years I had seen nobody that could fit that description, some people can be allowed to keep their past buried.

At any rate, I do not think there would be much of a problem if you stay there for a spell.
    "I don't want to upset anyone -- I will move when I hear for certain," she states, deciding to let the matter go for now. "Nighthunter, did you have any luck last night? I saw several people in the alley a few hours after nightfall. At least two of them I am pretty sure I have seen the last few nights..."

"I need to know, do either of you know who might be working on the investigation now? Or know how I can find out?"

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

As it turns out, the Face Man's will mentions no family at all. Apparently, whatever family he had, they were not in the village.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

"I don't want to upset anyone -- I will move when I hear for certain," she states, deciding to let the matter go for now. "Nighthunter, did you have any luck last night? I saw several people in the alley a few hours after nightfall. At least two of them I am pretty sure I have seen the last few nights..."

"I need to know, do either of you know who might be working on the investigation now? Or know how I can find out?"
    The Nighthunter shook his head. "Hear' some voices. Saw some shadows scootin' pas'. But hearin' voices an' seein' folk move fast isn' much help." He took a long draw from his pipe, then shook his head again. "Lass, I ain' been in town more'n a day. That, an' policey folk look on my profession with less'n pleasure."

I... don't have any idea who to vote for. I confused myself with my last post. >_<

Ugh. TigerFang, tell us why we shouldn't kill you.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-10-24 at 04:02 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, since I'm pretty much a Clueless Newcomer (in-game and out XP) I'll be abstaining from the vote this time. So if we're not voting, we have to explicitly state it or we'll be marked 'missing', correct?

17. - Top - End - #407
    Dwarf in the Playground

Can I ask why people have moved to Tom the Mime and Tiger Fang? Looking over the lists, it seems like one name will be present one voting round with a number of votes, then dissappears from the next? Zar Peter and Grey Mage were in the running against gunner11, now they are not even mentioned. I am missing the logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    The Nighthunter shook his head. "Hear' some voices. Saw some shadows scootin' pas'. But hearin' voices an' seein' folk move fast isn' much help." He took a long draw from his pipe, then shook his head again. "Lass, I ain' been in town more'n a day. That, an' policey folk look on my profession with less'n pleasure."
    Kal’s mouth quirked up in amusement, “I suppose not normally, but you can hardly call this situation normal. I have only been here a couple of days myself, but from what I can tell they are looking for any reliable help they can get. It’s the reliable part that seems to have a bit of a hold-up.”

She shook her head. “If it’s any conciliation, my not all of my own methods are what they would call traditional, but at least Face was willing to hear out my concerns. There’s a lot of information laying about in this town…” She trailed off, trying to decide if she should mention anything to either of these men, or if they would even be willing to hear her out…
    Last edited by Kalrany; 2012-10-24 at 01:49 AM.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Caprice View Post
    Well, since I'm pretty much a Clueless Newcomer (in-game and out XP) I'll be abstaining from the vote this time. So if we're not voting, we have to explicitly state it or we'll be marked 'missing', correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong View Post
    Every day, all players vote to lynch a player in red. Erase old votes by crossing them out. Need 25% of players to lynch as well as majority of votes cast. If vote for No Lynch, result in a tie, or no player with 25% or more votes, Executioner decides who dies (if alive). Every night, players with night kills decide to kill players. Wolves may pass suggestions to Wolf night killer. It's not revealed whether kill fails b/c hits wolf or baned, even to killer. Days are 48 hours, nights 24.
    No vote will get you on the 'Missed Day' list, vote for 'No Lynch' avoids that.

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

19. - Top - End - #409
    Dwarf in the Playground

Can I ask why people have moved to Tom the Mime and Tiger Fang? Looking over the lists, it seems like one name will be present one voting round with a number of votes, then dissappears from the next? Zar Peter and Grey Mage were in the running against gunner11, now they are not even mentioned. I am missing the logic.

. . .
    Well in a blind game with no PMs people mostly grasp at straws, flail in the dark, chase the proverbial untamed waterfowl, you know things like that. So names come and go, return at some point down the road, or just aren't seen again.

---

"Information can at times be hard to come by. If one has it and fearful of who thinks they know something, then in my eyes they should tell the world so as to turn the fear around."

"Of course, that is just what I think, you need not listen."

20. - Top - End - #410
    Pixie in the Playground

Ok I'm going to tell you why you shouldn't lynch me. I hoped I wouldn't have to say this but it looks like I do.

I am the last original mason... Do you really think it a coincidence I voted almost exclusively for wolves? Neither my vote for superdark nor for gunnar11 were accidental.

Neither was Eternis's lynch an accident... it was just a mason mistake. You see we had this crazy theory that the wolves might have some way to come into contact so we decided to take out those that seemed to steer the lynch from other wolves that already got lynched. Highest on our list were Eternis and Gunnar11. Now Eternis was obviously a bust but we hit the mark with gunnar11.

Why didn't I and planswalker both just vote for gunnar? Because after we saw that Eternis was the executioner we weren't so sure of our theory. Planswalker thought that Zar Peter seemed shifty and I said that starting two bandwagons couldn't hurt and we may learn something useful from it. And we sure did... after all he turned out to be a wolf. Which may just show that some of the wolves may have been in contact with each other somehow or it was just a lucky shot.

Obviously there is no way to prove anything I say because all the other original masons are very much dead and I don't want to out the rest. But I would ask you to think on the reason why you're all voting me... I can't see ONE good argument against me... "A hunch", Or "Pinging on my radar" are NOT good arguments.

So either lynch me for some real reasons or just say that Tom The Mime is part of some network and we can all just lynch someone else.

Plus I always get lynched really early when I'm a wolf... you can check, it's true. Don't waste a day lynching me... After this post I'm probably going to get night killed anyway.
    Last edited by TigerFang; 2012-10-24 at 05:33 AM.
    TigerPony avatar by Akrim.elf

21. - Top - End - #411

Ok, now I want to know if Tom The Mime has something to say about himself.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #412
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TigerFang View Post
    Ok I'm going to tell you why you shouldn't lynch me. I hoped I wouldn't have to say this but it looks like I do.

I am the last original mason... Do you really think it a coincidence I voted almost exclusively for wolves? Neither my vote for superdark nor for gunnar11 were accidental.
    You could still be a wolf yourself.
    Neither was Eternis's lynch an accident... it was just a mason mistake. You see we had this crazy theory that the wolves might have some way to come into contact so we decided to take out those that seemed to steer the lynch from other wolves that already got lynched. Highest on our list were Eternis and Gunnar11. Now Eternis was obviously a bust but we hit the mark with gunnar11.
    Why didn't I and planswalker both just vote for gunnar? Because after we saw that Eternis was the executioner we weren't so sure of our theory. Planswalker thought that Zar Peter seemed shifty and I said that starting two bandwagons couldn't hurt and we may learn something useful from it. And we sure did... after all he turned out to be a wolf. Which may just show that some of the wolves may have been in contact with each other somehow or it was just a lucky shot.
    Obviously there is no way to prove anything I say because all the other original masons are very much dead and I don't want to out the rest. But I would ask you to think on the reason why you're all voting me... I can't see ONE good argument against me... "A hunch", Or "Pinging on my radar" are NOT good arguments.
    So either lynch me for some real reasons or just say that Tom The Mime is part of some network and we can all just lynch someone else.
    Plus I always get lynched really early when I'm a wolf... you can check, it's true. Don't waste a day lynching me... After this post I'm probably going to get night killed anyway.
    The past is no guarantee for the present.

My point: You could still be... Do I really have to say it again?
    The only problem with all my arguments: This is a blind game. We don't know who knows who. That's really annoying.

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

23. - Top - End - #413
    Pixie in the Playground

Thank you to Matthias for letting me know ^^ No Lynch for me then.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nightpenguin View Post
    Ok, Joining as clueless newcomer #32.
    Noted. Will join during night phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprice View Post
    newcomers have no obligation to vote. Once get role, will have to vote or marked 'Missed one day'. Voting No lynch works as well.

---------------------

Current Votes:
    TigerFang - 4
    Tom the Mime - 4
    Kalrany - 1
    No lynch - 1

4 min to vote
    4 players haven't vote?

Mayor votes:
    usourselves&we - 3
    Ramsus - 1

25. - Top - End - #415
    Pixie in the Playground

Erm... hi.

May I please join as Clueless Newcomer (because I really am one. >_<) no.43?

26. - Top - End - #416
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Ok, now I want to know if Tom The Mime has something to say about himself.
    I was born a commoner and I'll die a commoner. Preferably a long time from now.

I was initially pointing at TigerFang because he'd been very quiet - either inattenitve or trying to slip under radar and because there's still a fair chunk of wolves amongst the starting players (I think I mentioned that bit of the logic in my vote for the previous day phase). Afterwards, the wagon he got moving on me with a revenge vote didn't help either.

Mason claims are a lot less solid in this game though. Given that they don't all know each other we can't rely on a lack of opposition to mason claims as a confirmation. I might be missing something but it seems like it would be a good fake claim given how solid an actual mason claim is in other games and how a fake one could be easily accepted in this one.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

27. - Top - End - #417

*Headdesk*

Planswalker said plainly there was a third Mason.

If there's a Mason OTHER than TigerFang, claim. Otherwise, no way in HELL should we lynch the claimed Mason. Kthnx.

EDIT:
    Original Mason I mean. Also, OP also says there's 3 original masons.
    Last edited by bladescape; 2012-10-24 at 10:12 AM.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

28. - Top - End - #418
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chromasia View Post
    Erm... hi.

May I please join as Clueless Newcomer (because I really am one. >_<) no.43?
    Yep. Will join in night phase, get role Night 8.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    *Headdesk*

Planswalker said plainly there was a third Mason.

If there's a Mason OTHER than TigerFang, claim. Otherwise, no way in HELL should we lynch the claimed Mason. Kthnx.

EDIT:
    Original Mason I mean. Also, OP also says there's 3 original masons.
    Agree 100%.

Of the 15 original roles, we have had 5 successful day kills - taking out the Devil, the Alpha, and a Common Wolf from the Wolves while hitting the Executioner and a common newcommer. The night kills have offed a confirmed Mason and 3 unknowns (Lex-Kat, Penguinator, TBFProgrammer) -- although by OP we know that they cannot have been wolves (see the Alpha description about owning the night kill "Night kill cannot kill wolves."), unless when the night kill passed from Alpha to a new wolf that condition was removed, but I see no note of that in the OP or later.

So by elimination, of the first 15 players, we still have 7 people (usourselves&we , Gray Mage, TigerFang, Ramsus, Grue Bait, Zar Peter, Matthias2207) that cover the remaining roles. There were 5 wolf roles and 10 villager roles. We have removed 2 leaving 3 among the 7 players. We know 2 of the 7 original power roles have been removed by either lynch or night kill.

So of those remaining 7 players, 3 are wolves (voider, disguiser, and beast) and the other 4 are villagers of some type, be they one of the 8 possible roles remaining (2 possible other masons, 3 commoners, the seer, fool, baner). We are close to 50/50 for a purely random guess hitting a wolf. While that’s good odds for voting, it’s not good (for the villagers) in terms of the game.

Well in a blind game with no PMs people mostly grasp at straws, flail in the dark, chase the proverbial untamed waterfowl, you know things like that. So names come and go, return at some point down the road, or just aren't seen again.

---

"Information can at times be hard to come by. If one has it and fearful of who thinks they know something, then in my eyes they should tell the world so as to turn the fear around."

"Of course, that is just what I think, you need not listen."
    “So how do I go about doing that? I have reason to believe that you (&we) are not involved, but I have information showing that the new Mayor, Ramsus, and the Grey Mage are in it up their necks.”
    Last edited by Kalrany; 2012-10-24 at 11:38 AM.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Voting Tom the Mime to protect Tiger Fang, for the reasons in Bladescape's post