New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Careless Village WW

Alright, Lex-Kat is off my radar, assuming joking (sorry for the misunderstanding). Back to No Lynch I guess. Anyway, I assume that knight is a neutral role?
    Last edited by Nightpenguin; 2012-11-06 at 07:37 AM.

Characters:
    Adventuring School: Irian

2. - Top - End - #722

On second thought... Devmaar is a totally obvious target. If you're telling the truth, you won't die. If you're lying, you'll be lynched. It's win-win. (Sorry for changing my vote again, Count Dingdong)
    Last edited by Nightpenguin; 2012-11-06 at 07:38 AM.

Characters:

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm a town role (unless I've misunderstood), I'm aiming to keep villagers alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightpenguin View Post
    On second thought... Devmaar is a totally obvious target. If you're telling the truth, you won't die. If you're lying, you'll be lynched. It's win-win. (Sorry for changing my vote again, Count Dingdong)
    My problem with this is that the 1-time lynchproofing being true wouldn't prove the rest of my claim. It seems to me that a failed lynch on me earns no information at all. But by all means if you see something I don't, go ahead.
    Last edited by Devmaar; 2012-11-06 at 07:51 AM.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think TBFProgrammer has good arguments against Nightpinguin.

Also I root for Zar Peter for mayor, I know the guy, he's nice, can be trusted and is long enough in town to know the ongoings and whereabouts.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground

Zar Peter because why not

6. - Top - End - #726
    Titan in the Playground

your first lynch failing is a good enough test for me. Only other known way for that to work is for you to be a mason on your first day as a mason. Thing is, testing your "pick someone to lynch tomorrow and it'll fail" is anti-town. If we pick someone's who's town and you're lying, we'll be doing the wolve's job for them. If you're not lying, we're practically giving the wolves a free nk. If we pick a wolfy target so that your lie doesn't cost us, you telling the truth means we're letting a wolf go to confirm a power that's of dubious benefit. If you're reasonably certain that someone's town, there's no reason to think they'll get lynched; if they're not certain to be town, it's probably not a smart move to protect them. Since there is no networking in this game, it's hard to get where YOU know someone's town and in need of being protected from lynch without them being highly unlikely to get lynched in the first place.

short version: if you're protected from your first lynch, that proves your claim well enough for me and you're not going to get targeted for a lynch a second time. Burning tomorrow's lynch to find out isn't, as you lying means we let a wolf go and you telling the truth has the same consequences as lynching you today.

And, tip I've learned: you can ALWAYS try to defend yourself through defending your voting history. Doesn't always work, but it's a less dangerous gamble than claiming a role. If it works, the wolves aren't likely to pick you up as a priority target, if it doesn't, you can always THEN bust out with your role claim.

edit: just so it's clear, a wolf being protected from lynching seems very unlikely to me, seeing as getting lynched is the only way for a wolf to be killed. Taking that away makes that person all but invulnerable.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-11-06 at 09:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    The Monk, wine in hand once again, swung eyes up at the approach of the stranger. A stranger with a solid set to the stride. Tough'n. Grinning, he let himself overhear her first words before slouching out of the darkness.

'If'n ye be after NightHunter, he's not an easy one to find. Tell me little missy, where've ye sprung from? I needs myself a new friend, all cold and dark 'round here.'

Bored looking face and reeking of alcohol, the Monk waved wearily at her. 'Maself, I'm tired, too tired to bother with tha' huntin' and killin'.'...

She stared at the drunk man before her. Lifting a single eyebrow, she gave a slight nod. “Yes, I am looking for him. I didn’t expect that he would be easy to find, but there is a limited amount of town to look through, so I am confident.” The amount of alcohol the man smelled of was impressive in its own right, but the fact that he was semi-coherent was surprising. She paused for a moment, then decided to answer his other question – kin of. “And I am new. Do you recall when you saw Nighthunter last? And can you point me in the direction you last saw him?”
    Last edited by Kalrany; 2012-11-06 at 10:58 AM.
    78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.The players were attacked individually on the road on the way to town by werewolves. To survive, they had to team up then and there without knowing anything about eachother (literally -- all character sheets were completed without other players' knowledge).

8. - Top - End - #728
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kalrany View Post
    General question: do we still have an executioner?
    "Executioner - Thinks he knows who's guilty. If no one else can make a verdict, he'll make one himself. If no decision (vote for No Lynch, tie, not enough votes), he decides who dies. If you die, the power passes to another Original Villager." - OP

As long as Original Villagers exist, Executioner power does, unless Newcomer Executioner.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias2207 View Post
    Joining as #49
    Added.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Titan in the Playground

so, since there's one original left, we've got a seer/fool executioner, then...

dear mr baner: if you're out there, don't give away who you are, but be sure to keep our last original alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

10. - Top - End - #730

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    I'm a town role (unless I've misunderstood), I'm aiming to keep villagers alive.

My problem with this is that the 1-time lynchproofing being true wouldn't prove the rest of my claim. It seems to me that a failed lynch on me earns no information at all. But by all means if you see something I don't, go ahead.
    Yeah, but if we lynch you there are 4 outcomes:
    1. You die, and were town. Then you shouldn't have been lying.
    2. You die, and were a wolf. Then that's great.
    3. You live, and are town (but we don't know that). Then we'll leave you alone for a while, unless you seem suspicious.
    4. You live, and are wolf (but we don't know that). Then we've stripped away some of your protection, so if we later find out that you're a wolf, we can lynch you in one day.

Characters:

11. - Top - End - #731
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ok, I still don't know, but Nightpinguïn seems like the most safe choice here. Besides, I actually believe Devmaar.

Zar for president!

==========================================

The boy entered the library. It had been already 2 days since the nice girl was killed. He had been on the hunt ever since then, and had found Ramsus killed already. Now, he had some rest.

This night he would go hunting again, for the offspring of those disgusting beasts. But the problem was more complicated now. The original evil wasn't there anymore, and the next-gen had weaker aura's to trace. Rituals wouldn't lead him to the same places they did before, and could even utterly fail.

He opened the door and went to the book he sought: "Legends of Wolves and Wonder"
    This should give him the info he needed.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gunnar11 View Post
    Ok, I still don't know, but Nightpinguïn seems like the most safe choice here. Besides, I actually believe Devmaar.

Zar for president!
    I am not as convinced. So, I will vote Devmaar for the moment. It doesn't tie the vote, but it puts it within one. I am inclined to push it to the executioner for the decision.

As for Mayor, sure, why not bladescape this time. Just because.
    Last edited by Kalrany; 2012-11-07 at 11:27 AM.
    78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.The players were attacked individually on the road on the way to town by werewolves. To survive, they had to team up then and there without knowing anything about eachother (literally -- all character sheets were completed without other players' knowledge).

13. - Top - End - #733
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

No lynch, 'cause I have to vote.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Current votes:
    Nightpenguin - 5
    Devmaar - 4
    Penguinator - 1
    No Lynch - 1

4 people haven't voted: Eternis, Caprice, Chromasia, bladescape
    24 or so hours left
    Executioner send in decision just in case

Mayor votes:
    Zar Peter - 3
    bladescape - 3
    planswalker - 1
    Lex-Kat - 1
    Tom the Mime - 1

Mayors send in title to learn about

--------------

For Ramsus & C'nor, newcomer roles left are:

20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 29, 34, 37, 38, 40, 41, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48

if want to rejoin, that is.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Devmaar!
    And I reserve this line for my mayoral vote.
    Xykon's not Evil. He just get bored really easily. And he doesn't have constructive hobbies.
    Spoiler: Gen/Degen
    Show
    Generation 4
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your signature and add one.
    Degeneration 92
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and subtract one.
    Spoiler: Super Secret Awesome Point Counter
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Spoiler: I be an awesome pokemon
    Show

Spoiler: Le Quotes on le topic of Me
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    You're a perfect person.
    Isn't Socksy adorabibbles?

16. - Top - End - #736
    Bugbear in the Playground

She stared at the drunk man before her. Lifting a single eyebrow, she gave a slight nod. “Yes, I am looking for him. I didn’t expect that he would be easy to find, but there is a limited amount of town to look through, so I am confident.” The amount of alcohol the man smelled of was impressive in its own right, but the fact that he was semi-coherent was surprising. She paused for a moment, then decided to answer his other question – kind of. “And I am new. Do you recall when you saw Nighthunter last? And can you point me in the direction you last saw him?”
    'One wee step to your left, missy.' Filled with sardonic humour, the monk waved rather tiredly to the left of the girl. His amusement at his own humour had already dried up. Cold days were these.

'Colden rain, aye. Laes jovial terms, tha' man twas further down tha' lane on the right. Wanderer doesna stay in one spot. D'ya like poetry, lass?'

(No Lynch)
    Last edited by bladescape; 2012-11-06 at 05:47 PM.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Grey Mage: since you were the first to point at Devmaar, can I ask what made you suspicious?
    Well, it was because he said he has a way to make a testable role claim. In a blind game, information is really needed for town, so if we can confirm that a player is good, that helps a lot, since we can look back at his posts and see them with the mindset of a townie and not of a possible wolf. So, pressuring him into doing that is good, IMO.

Anyway, I'll stick to him because, well, it'd bring some usefull information. Plus, town is doing fine, so we can afford to waste a day.

Edit: @Gunnar: The safest choice is Devmar though, since if he's telling the truth, we don't lose anything and don't risk much (we're far from being in a LoL [Lynch (correctly) or Lose] situation).
    Last edited by Gray Mage; 2012-11-06 at 06:06 PM.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Pixie in the Playground

So. Much. Deliberation...

... but I feel like there'd be more benefit in testing Devmaar at moment. I don't know, but the description just seems off to me. Maybe it's just my inexperience, but still, there's my vote

And maybe bladescape for mayor...

Edit: (bleh, I'll be more assertive when I gain some experience/confidence XD)
    Last edited by Caprice; 2012-11-06 at 07:37 PM.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Interesting situation where there is a reasonable chance that the executioner is basically a confirmed seer villager so deliberately leaving the lynch to the executioner isn't as poor a choice for town a usual. Oh and Zar Peter for mayor. If he's a seer, executioner (there could be a newcomer executioner instead) and mayor, would it be appropriate to call him judge, jury and executioner?

I'll go for Nightpenguin. I'm a bit more suspicious of him at this stage.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Current votes:
    Devmaar - 6
    Nightpenguin - 6
    No lynch - 2

Chromasia hasn't voted.
    Executioner has sent in decision

Mayor votes:
    Zar Peter - 4
    bladescape - 4
    planswalker - 1
    Lex-Kat - 1

Mayors send in titles to learn about.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    Interesting situation where there is a reasonable chance that the executioner is basically a confirmed seer villager so deliberately leaving the lynch to the executioner isn't as poor a choice for town a usual. Oh and Zar Peter for mayor. If he's a seer, executioner (there could be a newcomer executioner instead) and mayor, would it be appropriate to call him judge, jury and executioner?
    OK. That was amusing. Changing to Zar Peter for Mayor.

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    'One wee step to your left, missy.' Filled with sardonic humour, the monk waved rather tiredly to the left of the girl. His amusement at his own humour had already dried up. Cold days were these.

'Colden rain, aye. Laes jovial terms, tha' man twas further down tha' lane on the right. Wanderer doesna stay in one spot. D'ya like poetry, lass?'

(No Lynch)

“Some,” she said, already looking in the alley in the direction the drunkard had indicated. It was as a good a direction to start as any.
    Last edited by Kalrany; 2012-11-07 at 11:40 AM.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll take spot 21.

Kalrany, are you up for having Kal's sister encounter a group who came looking for Naera at some point?

23. - Top - End - #743
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    I'll take spot 21.

Kalrany, are you up for having Kal's sister encounter a group who came looking for Naera at some point?

Absolutely. That could be very interesting...

@ bladescape: I was not sure if you were going to continue the conversation, but if yes, then ignore this for now and I will back track a bit. If not, then:

The woman looked at the inebriated man leaving heavily against the wall. He seemed a few moments away from sleep, which he probably needed. Seeing no point in continuing, she gave him a small head nod, “I’II will head off that way then.”

“If you see him, please pass on that Kal’s sister is looking for him. Sleep well – stay warm,” she said as a farewell, already walking in the direction indicated with long unhurried strides. “I’ll see you around.”

She headed several yards away and noticed at a distance another man walking between the houses. The cigar smoke wafted behind him prominently in the otherwise crisp chilled air as he slipped past the typical detritus of town backalleys. Most importantly, he carried his cross-bow over his shoulder like it belonged there.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

The Nighthunter had started on his way back towards the drunken man. If nothing else, maybe he knew where the Face Man's house had been. His shoulders slumped. It had been a long night, and he had slept beneath the tree, during the rain. He had created a fire and warmed his belongings a while ago, but his boots still squeaked as he walked.

(It's going to be 9 or 10 hours before I can post again)
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-11-07 at 01:16 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ogre in the Playground

Absolutely. That could be very interesting...
    Bael, Gaena, and Vsal shall arrive whenever you wish them to show up, then. Though be warned that they're a bit more... Extreme looking... than Naera was.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bael, Gaena, and Vsal shall arrive whenever you wish them to show up, then. Though be warned that they're a bit more... Extreme looking... than Naera was.
    Not a problem. Daring is much more... brisk?... than Kal was. Either way, it will be interesting. Anytime you want to encounter her, she will be wandering the town.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    The Nighthunter had started on his way back towards the drunken man. If nothing else, maybe he knew where the Face Man's house had been. His shoulders slumped. It had been a long night, and he had slept beneath the tree, during the rain. He had created a fire and warmed his belongings a while ago, but his boots still squeaked as he walked.

(It's going to be 9 or 10 hours before I can post again)
    ((Not a problem. My own attendance tends to be erratic here as well.))

She walked over to the slouching figure. “Nighthunter?” she stated once he was in hearing range. She was not completely sure what she was expecting, but the feeling of frustration seemed to wave off the man was not it. It seemed like no one had a handle on the current situation. Wonderful.

She slowed down as he approached. She figured that the family resemblance would work well for her here. Though she was several years older than Kal, she knew that there was no question that they looked like sisters. Probably the greatest difference was the brash self-assurance she wielded – it would either stand her in good stead with Kal’s formor allies, or put them on edge. Either way, this meeting would be telling for her future endeavors with this town. As they came face to face, she set her focused gaze directly to his own and repeated her question, “Are you the one Kal called Nighthunter?”

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ogre in the Playground

If you're up for doing another scene, I can drop them in now.

Otherwise, I'll wait until she's done talking to Nighthunter.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Dwarf in the Playground

If you're up for doing another scene, I can drop them in now.

Otherwise, I'll wait until she's done talking to Nighthunter.
    Well, since Penguinator is not going to be able to post until late tonight, that encounter with Nighthunter will be on hold for a bit. Scenes don't have to be chronological (which is why I have left the discussion between Daring and the Monk open with bladescape if he wants to continue it), so if you want to start it whenever. Would you like to meet up in the later afternoon or evening? Or even night? (We are about 3 hours away from switching to night phase game-time as I write this...)

How about this -- she will be walking through the square looking around when you are ready to encounter.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Day ended little while ago. Writing narration but at work. May not be up for little while. Continue RPing in meantime. Posting now so things can't change, since it's close.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong View Post
    Day ended little while ago. Writing narration but at work. May not be up for little while. Continue RPing in meantime. Posting now so things can't change, since it's close.
    Misnoted the time on my voting worksheet. Also, for some reason the posting times have not done the fall back for DST. Does anyone know if I have something misset on my account?
    Last edited by Kalrany; 2012-11-07 at 04:48 PM.