New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Careless Village WW

((If you're talking to Planswalker or one of the others, that ought to work fine; if it was meant for me, if it would be possible for you to change that to "interrupting her thoughts", since the character I'm planning on using is female? Though Naera is a mercenary and often wears a hooded cloak, so it could just be a mistake, too. Or I can bring in someone else?))
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-10-11 at 11:56 AM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    ((If you're talking to Planswalker or one of the others, that ought to work fine; if it was meant for me, if it would be possible for you to change that to "interrupting her thoughts", since the character I'm planning on using is female? Though Naera is a mercenary and often wears a hooded cloak, so it could just be a mistake, too. Or I can bring in someone else?))
    Easy fix. I just stuck through the his and put in her.

That should be amusing -- two cloaked girls standing in the townsquare... Sounds like the start of a bad joke. All we need to do is walk into a bar...
    78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.The players were attacked individually on the road on the way to town by werewolves. To survive, they had to team up then and there without knowing anything about eachother (literally -- all character sheets were completed without other players' knowledge).

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

You'd think one of y'all would have ducked...
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

*wakes up to see an argument about how he is/is not likely a wolf already started and finished and that another person has voted for &we for mayor*

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kalrany View Post
    Easy fix. I just stuck through the his and put in her.

That should be amusing -- two cloaked girls standing in the townsquare... Sounds like the start of a bad joke. All we need to do is walk into a bar...
    Indeed. Naera certainly has more than enough to get drunk about...

"The bookseller is in the town square. Past the gallows, to the right," the other woman answered quietly, gesturing towards the building in question as she spoke, which, as it lifted her arm out of her white cloak, revealed that her skin was dead white as well; not the faintly pink hue of normal skin, or even the yellow-white of bone, but a strange shade like dull snow. "If you would be desirous of such, I can guide you; the place is easy to find, but it is possible that it would go better if you have someone to introduce you, though I may not be the best person for that job. Most here appear to be unnerved by me.

And welcome to the city. Though this is not the best time for new arrivals, as there is a high chance of death. I would suggest remaining armed, if you have training in such things."

Oddly, her tone remained emotionless throughout, with nothing at all to indicate her feelings about it, even the normal tells that one would have when talking about purely neutral matters. Though at her next sentence, she did, for an instant, let some sorrow and pain through, albeit likely unintentionally, sounding quite vulnerable as she went on...

"Or I could act as a bodyguard, and help you learn to protect yourself, if that would be useful? It has been a long time since I had a liasa-veleen..."

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    You'd think one of y'all would have ducked...
    Unfortunately, that would probably end up with Naera carving stuff into herself for being inattentive.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias2207 View Post
    *suspiecos
    One doesn't simply define his own personality.
    well saying that is......

Suspiecous.....
    Despite everything, its still me.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

ugh, that deliberate misspelling is ALMOST enough to convince me to change my vote to give me a few days reprieve from it.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

That's basically why Super Dark dies all the time.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That's basically why Super Dark dies all the time.
    That means it works!

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

The traveler blinked at the toneless reply. Such a… detached… response was very unusual, but the offer of an actual introduction had her full attention, the embarrassment dropping away with her blush. “Oh, I would love an introduction from a living person. These letters rarely get me far.” She waved the stack of worn paper. “Most of the time my contacts don’t even bother to read them. Sellers are usually better, but, eh… Well, I would prefer to trade, since my coinage is finite.”

She glanced around, then up to the gallows again, “I get the feeling that people here are on a bit of an edge… But you said to stay armed? Even in the village proper? Do heavy books count? I usually manage to hit what I aim at…”

“By the way, my name is Kal. I guess you could say I’m either a trader, or an eternal student in the pursuit of knowledge. Either will work. Heck, I’ll even take forager of history, though that one is more from my little sister.”

Kal reached back down and slung the bag of books back over her shoulder with a practiced ease. “I came from the town about 6 days east. I’m not sure what else you need for the introduction. What sort of reception do you think I will get here?”

She paused to draw her own cloak closer around her, and then asked in the most serious tone she had used yet, “Do I really need a bodyguard? Can you tell me what is going on here?" She cocked her head, a dark few curls escaping the cloak's hood as she did so. "Since I am not expected, I am sure I have the time. I love long stories anyway..."
    Last edited by Kalrany; 2012-10-11 at 02:12 PM.
    78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.The players were attacked individually on the road on the way to town by werewolves. To survive, they had to team up then and there without knowing anything about eachother (literally -- all character sheets were completed without other players' knowledge).

11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hi, this is &we.

Werewolf is a game of voting to win, but voting for mayor, and so is life.
    You can vote hard but vote for mayor.
    If you guys see anything that looks like us, don't vote for them.
    We are usourselves&we, remember now don't vote for us.
    We are almost every place Werewolves are used, like in a town work.
    But you protect your minds and heads, and bodies and save your lives.
    If you see an &we remember now don't vote for them, tell a Seer or baner whatever it is, have fun like we do, with Ramsus, and not us.
    Wanted to use that somewhere ever since the Nerdist podcast with Tom Hanks.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Tom the Mime, 'cause I'm not sold on neither C'Nor nor Superdark.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Barbarian in the Playground

I guess SuperDark? I don't really know about the other 2

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

Gunnar, I'm still suspicious, although my arguments have been countered.

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll go C'Nor

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Super dark? I don't know what's going on, I guess...

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

"Kindjals, scaddas, morning stars... Those were more what I had in mind. Though I suppose it depends on the weight of the book. And I meant most especially in the village proper, for that is the most dangerous part of this area.

And I am Naera, no longer of anything. Formerly a mercenary. And I would advise against being so quick to discard your sister's name for what you do... It may have more value to you eventually."

Once again, towards the end, a bit more emotion bleeds into her tone, though plainly unintentionally, old pain coming into Naera's as she speaks of Kal's sister, and intensifying when she mentions valuing the name that the antiquarian was given more highly in the future, though after a moment, when the pale woman speaks again, she's managed to leech the emotion from her speech again.

"I suspect your reception will be welcoming, but wary, until someone decides you are suspicious, and manages to convince the rest that you should die, at which point you will have one last introduction, this one to the gallows. Which ties into your last question...

What is going on is that the Mayor was killed two day ago, and another slaughtered each night since then. As you can imagine, this does not endear people to strangers.

So between the chance of being killed by the group being hunted, and the risk of lynching by the ones doing the hunting, yes, I would say that you do need a bodyguard, or at least would be wise to get one."

18. - Top - End - #198
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Day ends in tie.

Votes
    C'nor - 5
    superdark - 5
    Tom the Mime - 2
    Ramsus - 1
    gunnar11 - 1

Executioner chose someone, but didn't have to be from these. Hold while I write narration.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Pasta pazula!

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Was there ever a reason for voting for Superdark beyond 'he can't spell suspicious'?

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    Was there ever a reason for voting for Superdark beyond 'he can't spell suspicious'?
    Partly because other actions made him suspicious. And partly to weed out false positives, since he always looks like a wolf, so it's best to get rid of him early on, so that there's less 'sensor noise', so to speak.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Partly because other actions made him suspicious. And partly to weed out false positives, since he always looks like a wolf, so it's best to get rid of him early on, so that there's less 'sensor noise', so to speak.
    The only reason i act suspicious is because i dont want to force myself under the radar like our quoted friend here.

Its one of the first wolf tactics: force yourself under the radar and as noone cares about you you are free to win.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by super dark33 View Post
    The only reason i act suspicious is because i dont want to force myself under the radar like our quoted friend here.

Its one of the first wolf tactics: force yourself under the radar and as noone cares about you you are free to win.
    I'm sorry, but is the core of your logic "acting suspicious must be less telling than trying to NOT act suspicious?"

24. - Top - End - #204
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Day 3

As morning dawn, woman rushes into town, panting. Frantic, rushes through alleys, fleeing from something. In shadow of alley, pauses to catch breath. "Think... he's... ... ...gone... finally." Composed, exits alley and wanders town, replacing clothes, gold from pouch, blending with crowd. The Escaped finds freedom. But the new inspire fear. Will she survive?

Back to politics, calmer now than before. Mob realizes Devil was killed so accepts Advisor's claim to fame. Stability is best, or so they think. But don't know the murdered, poor soul last night. Unless Candidate brings it to light. Then, once again, nothing is for sure...

"See, perfectly fine. What did I tell you? Culprit's dead and gone, and I'll continue protecting the town. You won't even notice the difference!" Villagers murmur and talk, nodding heads until eventually coming to consensus: seems reasonable. Who better to help town recover than man who eliminated one responsible for chaos? Compared to one who lynched an innocent? Appraisal of Advisor as new Mayor, and town begins to set up polling, with Candidate nowhere to be seen.

Midday brings another, this Bookb- er... girl. With books on back, searches town for someone, Bookseller or so. Kindly yet Impassive woman points her on her way. The introduction to village unlike many others. For where else is there death each day? each night? Surely no place they've been, yet none see fit to leave, confident killings will end one night. If not now, then soon.

Searching through town, Candidate looks for clues. What's here? There? Who's doing what? Clueless, careless, but eventually a lead. Locked door, but hints of picking. Pushing slightly, door gives way and scene inside revealed. Young woman, throat cut, dried blood matting papers. Stick together, now unreadable, whatever they meant now gone. Eyes drawn to text, "They're still here!". More importantly, blood drawn in circle round words, making it so much more real. He had to tell someone, everyone, fast...

In alley, the Impassive strides. Suddenly, another, Watcher appears from behind. "Who-" before shes knocked out and dragged away. "No emotion, emotion, can't be, it's not! You'll see, see. See? Hahaha! Heehee! Hehehe..." empty square around gallows beckons, and two head there. Affixing rope on Impassive, Watcher giggles, "Impassive no more. Will this? RESPONSE! none some, what? Pain pain pain. You'll feel, feel. Anything! Hmm? Will you or not, Impassive falls falls falls. Walls walls fall down down down where? Death! HAHAHA!!!" To no response, Watcher pulls trapdoor, watching, cackling, escaping.

Out of breath, Candidate reaches polling place. "What are you... doing? Not... safe. Lex-Kat... dead, last night. They're still... here. We need to discuss who to kill!" Murmuring, confusion, polls are forgotten. Mob moves once more to gallows, finding sad sight. The Impassive, Naera's body, swaying gently in wind. Still no expression, no life. To remain forever free of emotion, a sad life twas not, nor glad. Town holds moment of silence, decides enough death for one day, and heads home for night.

Dusk now, another man enters, this one Furious. "Where is she? She stole my money! And I'm getting it back, no matter what! Hmph... She's not getting away this time..." Thus brings in night on this fair, foul city.

Spoiler
    Show
    C'nor, Naera, the Impassive was hanged. SHe was a Newcommoner.
    One Clueless Newcomer has arrived.
    Forum Explorer can choose a new spot as a Clueless Newcomer on Day 4
    Lex-Kat can choose a new spot as a Clueless Newcomer on Night 4
    C'nor can choose a new spot as a Clueless Newcomer on Day 5

Player List:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Living Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ## Player Name
    1 usourselves&we
    3 super dark33
    4 Gray Mage
    5 Penguinator
    6 TigerFang
    7 Ramsus
    8 Grue Bait
    9 Zar Peter
    11 planswalker
    12 Eternis
    13 Matthias2207
    15 TBFProgrammer
    27 Tom the Mime
    31 Devmaar
    42 gunnar11
    50 bladescape
    -- Clueless Newcomers
    35 Kalrany

Night 3 begins
    ...and will end in 24 hours

Call for any onlookers to be Clueless Newcomers!

Missed 1 Day
    Grue Bait
    Zar Peter

Missed 2 Days
    TigerFang
    Last edited by Count Dingdong; 2014-08-06 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Fixing tables

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    I'm sorry, but is the core of your logic "acting suspicious must be less telling than trying to NOT act suspicious?"
    There seems to be a fundamental flaw in that, namely the assumption of logic...

And Kal, I'm probably just going to keep playing Naera when I come back, so if you want to continue that scene even though I'm currently dead, I'm up for doing so.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

Point one, Dark is kind of awesome in the regard that he is always consistent.

point two, pidgins.

point three, oh our gods! it's the number three<333

point four, ? ? ?

point five, profit
    and there is &we's slide into madness, only to end if the body sleeps at some point six . . .

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

If he was consistent about doing something that wasn't really annoying I'd agree with you.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground

C'nor -- I am game. I look forward to seeing how you spin it.

I would like to at least finish the scene we started before your death. I have a couple of ways to do Kal's reaction to the hanging.

Kal looks to Naera in silent surprise. Multiple murders? And it sounds like the culprits are unknown. This did not bode well for, well, anything. If people were worried, then negotiations would be difficult. As much as she suddenly felt like leaving, she knew she would have to stay even longer than she had first planned in this less than welcoming place. The odd looks she had seen out of the corner of her eye had taken on new meaning. She fingered the dagger at her hip the cloak concealed. Before she had been worried that she would have to take it off at the gate, but now she wondered if it would be enough. Her admittedly feeble skills with the device would probably not help her much here. She truly was better off swinging a book over her grandfather’s traveling knife.

Slowly, Kal nodded. “I will. Thank you. Perhaps we can talk more on this later? I’ll spring for a pint after my introduction…” She nodded in the direction of the local tavern, which had a small knot of people outside. “At a minimum I feel like I should thank you for your straightforwardness.”

Can someone explain for the uninitiated what is annoying? I am a little confused.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kalrany View Post
    Can someone explain for the uninitiated what is annoying? I am a little confused.
    Super dark's play strategy basically boils down to "How can I get myself lynched this time?"

This time specifically, he has re-introduced his misspelling of "suspicious."

Never, ever use that word in a game with him. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    I wasn't sold on C'Nor, and super dark was the other wagon with a number of votes.

I don't know about anyone else.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

Basically Dark is one of our go to votes when we have no other idea.