New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside X

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Kami Hunting]

The fat kami begins lumbering towards Harnel, its voice resounding in a horrifying baritone as it laughs. If it comes close, it'll attempt to grab onto Harnel. Three guesses what it'll try to do after that, and the first two don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Kami Hunting]

"Watch out!" The sorceress shout as she see the kami reaching out it's hand towards the half-dragon deciding to fling a powerful fireball at the creature and drench it in fire.
    [Kami Hunting]

Harnel's desire to beat this Kami is easily overcome by his desire to NOT be touched by it. Ewwwww.

He keeps his distance, which doesn't sound too hard with a speed of lumbering. Instead, h- WHOA, fireball. That was unexpected. But it's just fire. The heat's awfully nice really.

Anyways, he heads over to a nearby signpost. Most likely a stop sign, but he'll go for something else if it's available. And Harnel will be ripping that thing right out of the ground. Make himself an improvised hammer. Or at least a bat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"Yeah, definitely." Nadia stretches. She's going to be so sore, though. "Let me get dressed." She pulls on some lacey underwear, giving Irena a wink as she does so and then her old overalls and a blue flannel shirt over that.

[Eastside]

Valente nods. "Yeah. I'll take the job." He replies.

[Exbourne Manor]

"When have we not treated you like equals? You act like we rule over you with an iron fist. We have never made unjust demands of you, we've only sought to govern." Maria replies.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Dio-Day - Billie

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Dio Day - Billie]

The newly appointed herald of Dionysus will be approached by another pair of men, at a time when she's not busy engaging in other debauchery.

One of them is a wild-looking young man, broad-chested and hairy, which can be seen because he's not wearing a shirt. The hair on his chest and head is auburn. The other one is much smaller and thinner, but with a mischevious smile on his lips. His skin is quite dark, and so is his hair. He's wearing a loose, multi-coloured shirt and jean shorts. His pointed ears hint at elven blood.

"And here I thought we'd never find a party in this city. Have we heard right that this is all because of a god called Dionysus?" Asks the smaller one.
    The party boat has pulled over to deliver another keg. "You heard right! Dionysus has blessed Riverside!" Billie proclaims.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

"According to what definition is blotting out the sun just? People of Westside live in perpetual murk so you can be more comfortable. And they are expected to pay in their blood for this privilege," the spokeswoman responds, her words dripping with sarcasm.

[Dio-Day - Billie]

"Really?!" The native American half-elf exclaims, managing very well to sound genuinely reverent. "This is amazing!"

"Does he show himself to the people? Or take part in his celebrations?" The bare-chested giant of a man asks.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"Hum, hum, you aren't going to show more of that lacy wear are you?" The witch inquires as she happens to catch eye of the underwear, still remembering that promise Nadia made. The scrolls were still there but it wasn't like she was going to ask her to transform while pregnant that might cause the baby and (more importantly) her girlfriend damage.

She still missed the mistress title but the lampade never seemed to be able to remember it.

[Eastside]

"Ah, excellent, it's nice to have you on board Valente. There is however some paperwork if you don't mind. Would you wish to use this circle to transport yourself up to the castle or do you wish us to send down an agent to you? Both work but you considering your tasks, you will need to visit Malechenar eventually so it might be good if you come up to introduce yourself to the others. You can take your friend with you as well." Sekai replies with a gesture at the tiefling who just give Valente a glance and a subtle shrug. She didn't seem to mind.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

Dio-Day - Billie

"He appeared to me by this very river! I believe He will appear again before the celebration ends, but He has not revealed to me where or how." Billie says, trying to sound mystic, but coming off as a bit of a pompous drunk.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

"Not once have we demanded blood from you. What we have received was freely given. As for the sun, we believed it was a necessity at the time. As I'm sure you're aware, we're currently discussing the Bring Back the Sun campaign in response you, the people's request."

[Suncrest Manor]

"Oh, you never know. I still have to do those pictures for you, don't I." Oh, that reminds her of the rest of their deal; She'd forgotten about it while she was so sick. Well, she won't be using the scrolls anymore, but she does add, "Mistress."

[Eastside]

"Right, let's go up to the castle then." Valente had been curious about it and hadn't had a chance to ask Astrana much about it. He never realized it was connected to the Forth Tower, though.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-08-30 at 10:48 AM.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

[Dio-Day - Billie]

The Hunter and his half-elven ally manage not to shake their heads. Looks like this god does not care for much, as long as his followers cause a mess.
    "Man, I sure hope so. We'd like to meet him."

[Exbourne Manor]

"It sure is taking you a while, isn't it? It makes us wonder if you'll ever do anything about it, or if it's just a smokescreen," the Democrat retorts. "At any rate, we won't be placated with such trifles. We, the people who keep this city running by working demand that our contributions be acknowledged. We ask you: are the Tenebras vampires willing to share power?"
    Another roar of support from the crowd.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Dio-Day Billie

"If you want to see him, then worship him with your revel! Drink, make whoopee, have fun! If the party is wild enough, then Dionysus will appear!"
    Billie says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

"Tenebras has never been opposed to working with the people. But you paint us as dictators as if we were. We don't ignore your needs and desires, despite what some may claim. Don't think we don't see this and recognize that there is discontent."

Maria casts her gaze over the people. "And don't forget we are citizens of this city too. Tenebras vampires you call us. It's easy to see us as separate from the other people when you think of us in that way." She gestures to the Enforcers standing along the fence. Each one removes their helmets, revealing the face underneath. Men and women of varying age make up the forces. Most importantly, however, is that the majority of them are unturned humans. "We are people of Riverside too. I hope you don't forget that." Maria looks at the crowd for another moment, then turns to leave them and enter the manor.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Wildside

Cole soon arrives, creeping silently through the shadowy woods. He is far from the polite, civilized boy that Lenai first met. He has discarded his robe completely, and is wearing only a loincloth, and his skin is smeared with dirt and blood. The gold anklets are coated liberally with mud, with leaves stuffed down between his skin and the gold. His eyes show that the savagery of the mead has not left him yet. He looks warily at the centaur, as if expecting an attack.
    Wildside

Lenai looks on in approval as the centaur's hooves skitter on the roots a bit in his nervousness, but she holds out a hand before he bolts, steadying him.

"Cole, calm yourself and lay on the forest floor. Your shackles will be removed, and you will soon be free." She gestures to the drifts of hibiscus flowers that cover the roots, acting as a damp, fragrant mulch over many of the roots. This is the first time she's used his name, and it is in caution.

The centaur doesn't approach Cole yet, waiting to see if he responds to Lenai's advice, but he does reach over to his flank to remove a roll of chisels from his saddlebags, wrapped in canvas so that their well oiled blades do not dull on each other.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Wildside

Cole does as he's told, his civilized instinct to obey Lenai in complete agreement with his savage instinct to be free of the shackles. A few bees buzz around his head lazily, but do not approach the centaur.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #223

Wildside

"The roots will hold your legs still, so that you are not moving them in the way of the chisel. Now Mezochus, tend to your work." The thusly name Mezochus withdraws a large and heavy chisel, with a small metal tap hammer besides. His equine lower half lets itself sit next to Cole as he bends over at the waist to get a good look at the shackles.

The roots try to extend slowly up and over Cole legs as Lenai said they would, just to hold them steady for the duration of the chiseling.

Mezochus places the chisel to one side of the weld, and raises his hammer to begin his work.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Wildside

Cole breathes heavily as the roots hold him in place, his eyes wide with the fear of a trapped animal. Mezochus will probably need to clean the leaves and mud off, but the anklets should not be difficult to remove. They're made of yellow gold, but not pure, as that would be too soft for the purpose. They seem to have been designed to be loose enough to be comfortable, but snug enough not to come off.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Dio-Day Billie

"If you want to see him, then worship him with your revel! Drink, make whoopee, have fun! If the party is wild enough, then Dionysus will appear!"
    Billie says.
    "Well then, let's have some of that booze, eh?" The bigger of the two men asks. It's going to look suspicious if they don't drink now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Exbourne Manor]

"Tenebras has never been opposed to working with the people. But you paint us as dictators as if we were. We don't ignore your needs and desires, despite what some may claim. Don't think we don't see this and recognize that there is discontent."

Maria casts her gaze over the people. "And don't forget we are citizens of this city too. Tenebras vampires you call us. It's easy to see us as separate from the other people when you think of us in that way." She gestures to the Enforcers standing along the fence. Each one removes their helmets, revealing the face underneath. Men and women of varying age make up the forces. Most importantly, however, is that the majority of them are unturned humans. "We are people of Riverside too. I hope you don't forget that." Maria looks at the crowd for another moment, then turns to leave them and enter the manor.
    "You separated yourselves from us! Do not try to shift blame!" The Democrat shouts before Maria disappears.

The crowd disperses a little, but only in order not to cause too much of a blockade. They're still there, banners and all.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground

Exbourne Manor- Outside

Several monkeys are sitting on the manor's roof, watching the crowd. There's more hiding in the trees along the manor's drive, and those closest to her are trying to get a good look at the speaker. The rest are analysing the crowd, trying to determine how organised it is and pick out any ringleaders.

Eastside Thugs- Day 8

A pair of tall thri-kreen, tall four-armed insectoid humanoids with thick chitinous exoskeletons are trying to join the crowd. One is wearing an ogre-sized yellow vest as a tunic; it's long, baggy, and best of all it has arm-holes large enough for two arms each. The other is wearing a pair of black trousers from a business suit and a pair of bandoleers across its torso. Both have a wooden amulet around their necks depicting a two-tailed scorpion, and neither have shoes. "What'z thiz group here for? We zee many zuch, and wonder." The trousered kreen is speaking, if necessary waving its arms to get attention.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2012-08-30 at 06:50 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

17. - Top - End - #227

[Malechenar - Fourth Tower Compound]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    The deep-red colored corridor outside the room is lit with paper lanterns and is heavily decorated with a lot of paintings. There are no obvious clues where they are located however, unless perhaps Mercutio can trace the art somehow. It seems to have quite dark influences with one of a hanged man and another of a woman screaming as she seems to be torn apart by a pack of black dogs. The devil might have noticed all the windows in the room are draped with thick curtains however. So they seem to want to cover up something.

Enu nods at the two figures that go up to open the vase, everyone inside the room slowly stepping away as the the lid comes off, the substance quickly pressing itself out of it's prison. It almost seems impossible so much substance could have been contained within but out it comes, flooding down on the floor.

The onlookers are visibly tense, Enu in particular that can only stare at the creature as it slowly approaches him while slowly taking some resemblance of a shape. The creature as the devil soon can see is taking the summoners shape, perfectly copying every inch of the young man and soon turns into what could be his mirror image.

The young man appear to panic slightly once it's clear the creature easily could be mistaken to him and quickly turns to the devil. "There, is that proof enough? It can take any shape, even yours."

It's quite possible that Mercutio might recognize the paintings by sight or by artist if they're from any better-known artists. Are they originals or prints? Can he even tell from this distance? If they're originals, Mercutio might be able to track them down.

The devil watches in clear fascination as the living liquid oozes out of the jar and takes on Enu's shape. Oh, the fun he could have with such a creature under his control.
    "I'm intrigued," Mercutio says, turning his attention back to Enu. "Tell me, once it's copied a creature, does it gain that creature's abilities as well?"
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

18. - Top - End - #228

Wildside

He would actually prefer to leave the detritus in place, as it seems to be cushioning Cole's legs from the full force of his strikes, allowing him to hit harder. Once he has the first weld cut through, he'll bring out a set of spreaders from his bag and begin pulling the anklet apart until it will slide off Cole's leg without cutting his anklet open. The process will still probably leave a mild bruise, but considering his current state it's unlikely he'll notice.

Then Mezochus begins on the other, taking his time, but getting it done eventually assuming Cole cooperates. As soon as he's done, Lenai commands the roots to retract and let Cole free.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

Wildside

Cole gets to his feet, and seems to come to himself a bit. He bows to the centaur. "I thank you, Sir." He bows to Lenai as well, but doesn't thank her yet. Calling her by name is still far too intimate an act to do in front of another.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #230

Wildside

Mezochus turns to Lenai with a single question in his eyes. Can he go now? Lenai nods in reply, and he packs his tools back carefully into their bags and stands.

The anklets are going to be surreptitiously removed from Cole's sight by the roots, unless he has anything to say about that. Once the centaur is fully packed he'll toss his bags back over his flank and hurry away, having never said a word.

"Are you feeling better now?"

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Kami Hunting]

Harnel's desire to beat this Kami is easily overcome by his desire to NOT be touched by it. Ewwwww.

He keeps his distance, which doesn't sound too hard with a speed of lumbering. Instead, h- WHOA, fireball. That was unexpected. But it's just fire. The heat's awfully nice really.

Anyways, he heads over to a nearby signpost. Most likely a stop sign, but he'll go for something else if it's available. And Harnel will be ripping that thing right out of the ground. Make himself an improvised hammer. Or at least a bat.
    [Kami Hunting]

The fireball stops the kami in its tracks, and after the flash of light dies down, it's flab can be seen to have taken the brunt of the fire and impact, roiling disgustingly under its pale yellow-green flesh. It looks stunned for a moment, but quickly rights itself. Not quickly enough to avoid getting hit by Harnel's new metal pole, should the half-dragon choose to hit the fat sack of lard with it.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

22. - Top - End - #232

[Exbourne Manor]

A bit off in the crowed stands a man the wings wraped around his chest. He observes the manors guards and the surroundings looking for anything that may cause harm to the speaker. Hopefully there is no sniper in the house.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Wildside

Cole did not look at the anklets at all after they were removed. He assumes the centaur took them, and is glad of it.

"I was to be married to a Duchess. Those were her betrothal gift to me."
    Cole says. He looks barely past the onset of puberty. Old enough to father a child, but only a society that thinks of men only as breeding partners could consider him as potential marriage material. "Thank you, Lenai."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #234

[Suncrest Manor]

"Ha! You'll never remember that for more then ten minutes!" Irena exclaims joyfully while looking at Nadia through the bathroom mirror. "Besides, the way you're acting, you're my mistress right now. You've dragged me around the entire house." She says while starting to apply some eyeliner she actually have started to use.

[Eastside==>Malechenar]

If Valente decides to step inside the ring Astrana will follow him shortly afterwards. The two will then suddenly find themselves inside another circle in the center of a brightly lit room with a great deal of runes carved into the stone walls. Around them are a group of hooded figures with Sekai among them who bows slightly. "Welcome to Malechenar, I'd offer a tour but we're about to summon another being. We do have a stewardess who take care of these sort of things however so I Ruben here can guide you to her."

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Kami Hunting]

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post

It's quite possible that Mercutio might recognize the paintings by sight or by artist if they're from any better-known artists. Are they originals or prints? Can he even tell from this distance? If they're originals, Mercutio might be able to track them down.

The devil watches in clear fascination as the living liquid oozes out of the jar and takes on Enu's shape. Oh, the fun he could have with such a creature under his control.
    "I'm intrigued," Mercutio says, turning his attention back to Enu. "Tell me, once it's copied a creature, does it gain that creature's abilities as well?"
    [Kami Hunting]

As the kami is momentarily stunned Cessie decides to attempt to draw it's attention by amassing another wast fireball which she attempts to throw right at the creatures face.

They are all originals actually if the devil even can tell that, they are all from a world separated from the nexus however called Elshar. There is a chance he still knows about them however due to all the planar madness in the nexus. Or perhaps he could just find them by description only? He's a smart fiend after all.

"Yes, that's what makes it so dangerous, as long it just copies us it shouldn't be too much of a problem however." He replies with another nervous glance back at the creature who now is looking around curiously, looking like it's getting used to it's new body.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-30 at 05:22 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235

Wildside

Cole did not look at the anklets at all after they were removed. He assumes the centaur took them, and is glad of it.

"I was to be married to a Duchess. Those were her betrothal gift to me."
    Cole says. He looks barely past the onset of puberty. Old enough to father a child, but only a society that thinks of men only as breeding partners could consider him as potential marriage material. "Thank you, Lenai."
    Wildside

"A poor gift to bind you in chains. You are a free spirit woodsman, and I would prefer you stayed that way. Go be free away from my sight." The nymph brushes him off as if his honest gratitude meant nothing to her, but she's clearly unable to express what it properly means to her. Cole consistently managed to surprise and impress her despite being human, and it was changing her opinion of him. He was as wild as her forests, and yet tame as his dog.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"I think we already knew that though, didn't we?" Nadia chuckles and slips her arms around Irena's waist from behind. The lampades kisses her neck a few times before resting her chin on the other woman's shoulder and looking at her through the mirror. "Face it, you're putty in my hands."

[Malechenar]

Valente looks around, at the room and the people filling it. "Uh, yeah. That sounds good to me. I guess I'll need to figure out my way around asap." He glances at Astrana to make sure she's doing alright.

27. - Top - End - #237

Dio-Day - Alley

Spoiler
    Show
    Dio-Day - Alley

Scooter spots What first, and lets out a very undwarfly scream. Galiana, drunk and oblivious, laughs. "I haven't even started yet, lover..."

Goddammit, stand up and fight, you disgusting meatsacks! Your death is at hand, face it with some dignity! What steps forward, readying himself for an effortless beheading or two. He'd been hoping the dwarf would've at least had some fight in him, but it looks like this will just be an effortless pair of executions. Shameful.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Wildside

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Wildside

"A poor gift to bind you in chains. You are a free spirit woodsman, and I would prefer you stayed that way. Go be free away from my sight." The nymph brushes him off as if his honest gratitude meant nothing to her, but she's clearly unable to express what it properly means to her. Cole consistently managed to surprise and impress her despite being human, and it was changing her opinion of him. He was as wild as her forests, and yet tame as his dog.

Cole takes off running at her command, letting the savage mood take him again.

Dio-Day Alley
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Dio-Day - Alley

Goddammit, stand up and fight, you disgusting meatsacks! Your death is at hand, face it with some dignity! What steps forward, readying himself for an effortless beheading or two. He'd been hoping the dwarf would've at least had some fight in him, but it looks like this will just be an effortless pair of executions. Shameful.

Scooter's next scream is enough to make Galiana turn around and see What's silhouette. She fumbles for the short sword on her belt and grabs a trash-can lid as a shield. "Get lost, you freak!" she yells.

Scooter cowardly lets her take the lead.

Dio-Day Billie

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "Well then, let's have some of that booze, eh?" The bigger of the two men asks. It's going to look suspicious if they don't drink now.

Booze a-plenty is at hand as the party boat sails on. If either man wants to try and get closer to Billie, he'll have no difficulty. She isn't pushing anyone away.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    The Border of North, South, and West

The elf will lead the robot to a parking garage, and through some more driveway things into a kind of workshop. There is a number of metalworking tools around, in addition to an alchemical lab and a work table with runes on it. In the corner is a twelve-foot-tall golem made of steel. It's not the most beautiful thing, mainly smooth as opposed to artistic, with a helmet that looks like someone put eye holes on a bucket and put it on, simple pauldrons that it can actually see over, the breast plate formed to mimic sculpted abs (The greeks did it, it must not be too silly.) and overall made to be a working golem as opposed to a pretty one.

"Look, Montgomery, I found you a new friend!"
    [Workshop]

The droid's various cameras take a look around, before focusing on the elf nce more, "Who is this Montgomery of which you speak?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

Workshop

"My golem. Wave, Montgomery!" The golem waves, clumsily, like it's a pre-programmed emote. "He's pretty simple. I think he's getting smarter, though. I don't have to use very short commands, and he's beginning to learn problem solving."