New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside X

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Eastside Thugs

The two thri-kreen converse for a moment in their clicking, unpronounceable (though it is understandable by humans; they just can't speak it) language, discussing the proposal. Eventually, the one in the vest speaks up. "Zure, why not? We will join you."
    Eastside Thugs

"Come on then, I know a pub a few blocks from here. Drinks are on me."

Another of the goons looks at him strangely, like his head isn't screwed on right, "Mate, it's six in the bloody morning, the pubs won't be open now!"

He gets a vicious grin in reply, "Trust me, this one is."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Orc in the Playground

Eastside Thugs- Day 8

The two thri-kreen will follow along. The one in trousers will tap one of the thugs on the shoulder and attempt to start a game of 'rock, paper, scissors' whilst they walk.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

MIDWEEK (Days 5 - 6 - 7) Vigilante Justice of Flames
    Day 5
    Spoiler
    Show

Eastside
    William, dressed in a dark black T-Shirt, and a wide hat which cast a wide shadow over his face, was nearly asleep as he was on the grass. His silver staff was laying across his lap with a loose grip on it. What woke him was the sound of loud voices, stampeding feet, and a gathering group of people.

Once he realized they were rioters, he snapped awake and crept backwards. Rioting has never been one of the most pleasant activities that he's seen. In his history, it always devolved into massive death tolls across the country.

The soldier only...observed. He wanted to see what the local police force would do. This would help him know the best ways to avoid capture as he secretly fought crime.

The day dragged on, and William followed the riotous mob at a safe distance.

Failing to see any spectacular reveal, he retired for the evening to plot a better way to find empirical data.

Day 6 Early Morning
    Spoiler
    Show

Just before daybreak, William woke himself and began to prepare for the day. First, he got dressed in a large, dark red cloak. Unnecessarily large; his outfit didn't let a single speck of skin be shown below the neck. His gloves covered his hands and his shadowed swirl on the back of his right hand. His pointed hat concealed his dark red hair, and his feathered mask reminisced his War Name - The Firebird

He left his hiding spot and found that that there were, indeed, early-risers among the rioters. Either that, or they stayed up all night - this group probably had many of both. Following in the shadows, The Firebird discovered in which direction the mob was headed - a small, poor bairro famous for the many drinks they create.

William ran through an alleyway to get there first, an positioned himself on a roof.

With the rising of the sun, the mob neared the dirty entryway. William, above it, leaped down with a loud "THUD" - accented by his silvery staff hitting stone and metal. He landed just in front of the leading member. "Go back home," he said. "Go back and rest before you hurt someone."

The mob was determined to get through and satisfy all their desires. "Get outta the way!" "Yeah!" "We can take 'im!" "A wizard killed my grandmother!" The crowd grew angrier and angrier.

A strong brute named Confucius stepped forward to take out the partycrasher. "I'll learn you to get in my way." He swung at William, who then dodged with a backstep. The crowd cheers on the fight, their eyes full of bloodlust.

"You'll see who's learning what." The Firebird whispered something to his staff. His staff melted down onto the ground, quickly disappearing. Following this, a ring of fire sprung up around the whole mob - not letting any of them flee.

Confucius, knowing that the best way to take out anyone in a fistfight is to pound at their head as hard as you can, advanced his reaching blows at the much-smaller William.

Fortunately for William, he has been trained as a skilled soldier. He dodges most of the punches, and waits for the best time to counterattack. After taking a particularly nasty bruise in his chest, The Firebird moves in close enough to return a whallop square on Confucius's cheek, knocking him out.

Confucius crumpled, and the rest of the mob, after a stunned moment of silence, erupted in a large free-for-all as they were surrounded by that circle of fire.

The Firebird did mostly dodging, until he found easy lightweight targets to throw outside of the ring.

This continued until he judged that the mob was unconscious enough to shrink and die when left alone.

He walked out of the fire ring, leaving the mob in a brawl. The fire started diminishing and dying - and just in time, too, as the Law Enforcers just started to arrive.

"One down."

The rest of the day continued on a much smaller scale. He avoided any other brawls, to tend to his large bruises across his body.

Day 7 Evening

Spoiler
    Show

William was sure that at least one officer had seen him - time for a new disguise.

It was already dark when William was ready to go out. This time, he went out with his staff, yes, but in a completely different outfit. A bandana covering most his face. A tight black sleeveless shirt emphasizing his well-used muscles, and a silver X on his belt buckle. The swirling darkness on the back of his hand is completely uncovered.

This time, he goes by the name Shadow.

Not going after any mobs tonight, he prefers to follow small groups of rowdy men and uses the shadows to take them out and tie them up. His favorite target: Those going after women and children.

Only twice, he needed to use an actual weapon. In general, he just stayed to the shadows and tied up the lawbreakers with a rope made of shadows - designed to vanish by the time the sun came out.

His weapon wasn't the staff, once again. Instead, he had two swords that seemed to vanish when he didn't need them - a black sword and a red sword.

By the time the morning of the 8th day arrives, William is hiding out on a roof in Eastside, as tired as a mad kangaroo.

4. - Top - End - #274

[Malechenar - Fourth Tower Compound]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

There is a brief pause before the summoner replies. "His name is Dionysus. He's some sort of hedonistic god I don't know that much about. He seems to be quite powerful however so be careful."

"Ah, Dionysus. Not a personal favourite of mine, I'll admit, but this should hardly be a challenge. Call on me again in seven days time. I'll have your information. Is there anything specific you need, or should I prepare a blanket dossier?"

Privately, Mercutio waves aside any concern Enu might hold. As powerful as the god of debauchery might be, he had no reason to anticipate actually crossing paths with Dionysus. He might have to go out and do some research, certainly, but nothing he didn't do normally. Honestly, he was already planning on spending a good portion of those seven days tracking down the paintings.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

5. - Top - End - #275

[Suncrest Manor]

"Shouldn't we check you up anyway?" Irena asks with an concerned expression. She didn't know much about what was going on, but she wanted to make sure Nadia was perfectly healthy, especially after being stung by an scorpion.

[Malechenar]

Astrana is about to reply but before she can a woman descends from the stairs.

"Ah, you must be Mr. Ricci and Miss. Tyamera, you are both members of the fourth tower correct? Or aspiring members?" She asks with a polite nod in their direction.

"We need information of eventual weaknesses, close people to him, his plans, pressure points so to speak." Enu replies. "Otherwise we'll contact you in seven days unless anything change." Which might happen considering everything.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia lifts her foot to look at it. The sting doesn't even look that bad. "I don't know. I mean, I don't just feel fine, I feel great. I'm not sore, I don't feel even a little sick. It's weird."

[Malechenar]

Valente stands straight when the woman appears. "It looks that way. You're the one giving us the tour then?"

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

[Safehouse]

Under a small bar in Westside lies a hidden basement that few know about. One such person sits in a comfortable recliner sipping at a glass of some red liquid. Samona looks down at her watch and then up at a burly man standing at the hidden entrance leading outside. Her guest should be arriving at any moment now.

8. - Top - End - #278

[Safehouse]

Depending on any combination of how keen Samona's senses were along with how thick the surrounding structure was, she might detect the sound of what could best be described as a throbbing hum passing overhead. It was soon out of earshot but about ten minutes later, her fledgeling would be at the door after taking pains to go unnoticed; her form still somewhat blurred from slinking through the shadows. Hanging from a shoulder strap was the monster of what might have once been a shotgun that seemed to be the muse's preferred weapon as she entered the room, her fangs somewhat bared as she walked forward. Or perhaps 'stalked' might be the better term as, although the muse didn't seem to notice, Samona would likely be able to tell that her gait was both quieter and more akin to that of a hunter rather than just a mercenary although the difference would be quite subtle in some respects for Ghoul's case.

Leaning against the wall on the far side of the room as her sire, Ghoul folded her arms over her chest in a none-too-happy fashion as she tried to only casually look at the substance in Samona's glass. "You wanted me for something, Mistress?" she asked, managing to keep the last word surprisingly civil for what the rest of her actions spoke of. Then again, she knew she was posturing a bit but preferred simply displaying her opinion of being asked here rather than outright speaking about it. Sure, it was chafing to deal with her sire but the fledgeling wasn't about to do anything overtly against her. She knew who held the power here, at least for now.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

[Safehouse]

Samona smiles a little at the sight of Ghoul. She redirects her attention long enough to pour a second glass of blood. "I was curious how your new life was treating you. You seem to have taken to it rather well." The vampire gestures to an empty seat next to hers. "Please, sit, drink."

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

Dio-Day Alley

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Dio-Day Alley

Foolish hominids. What has two arms, not one. He has killed many before you, and will kill countless more, after you. He tries to dodge out of the way, aiming to simultaneously carve deeper into Galiana's arm and sidestep Scooter's piece of wood with the same twisting motion, before following the maneuver up with a punch to the short man's throat.

Galiana gets her arm back in time to take further injury, but Scooters jab with the Big Splinter misses completely. The *POW*... punch to the throat! Scooter goes reeling!

Meanwhile, Galiana tries to do a bash and stab - a shield bash followed by sword jab before quickly pulling her sword arm back. The jab is quick to limit the exposure of her wounded arm. She's fighting defensively now.

Riverside Riots - Day 8

Billie watches her god from the party boat, uplifted beyond her imagining. She returns to land at the spot where Dionysus disappeared into the soil, and the spot soon becomes the site of a mass orgy, full of dozens of revellers. Anyone who stops in is welcome, but this scene is necessarily behind a pretty thick curtain.

In Westside, the rioters have turned to fire as their primary tool. With chants of "BRING BACK THE SUN!" the people are doing what comes naturally - making light. Trash-heaps, cars, and even abandoned buildings are put to the torch. But of course the fires are spreading.

In Eastside, one of the thugs chooses Rock in response to the Thri-keen. The thugs are taking drinks from the fey musicians at the kegs, and growing rowdier.

In the Cathedral of Cunningham, members of the congregation have brought their families here for safety. The hippiemancers are able to keep the people within the walls calm, but they can't counteract Dio's influence further, and they do not know that the water they are still drinking is to blame.

Everywhere orgies and riots are breaking out, full of people who are joyously manic rather than angry. For those who are caught up in the crowds but not affected by the mood, it is likely to be terrifying.

((If I miss any scene I should post for, please poke me. ))
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

[Cathedral of Cunningham]

A group of twenty Hunters - eight of them Imbued, twelve of them normal - will appear there, offering to keep guard around the cathedral. They consider the Order to be useful potential allies for the Democrat cause.

[Elsewhere]

Groups of people, led by Hunters, are gathering in places where the riots are the most violent. Bearing the color of the Democracy Now movement, they try to non-violently lead the people incited by Dio to where they won't do as much damage. The Hunters and the items purchased from Erin's Emporium help everyone stay calm and as unaffected by Dio's influence as possible.

In Westside, they do their best to keep them away from Exbourne Manor. The idea everywhere is for Democracy Now to be seen as more reliable peacekeepers than the factions.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Riverside Riots - Day 8

The dawn of the eight day is almost serene, almost peaceful. For a few blissful minutes as the sun rises over the Eastside wall, the people of Riverside can ignore the building fires in their guts, the growing urgency they have felt throbbing in their temples as they speak in hushed circles. Since the fifth day, Eastside in particular has seen much change in the form of the first of these groups beginning to gather others to them in a slowly building avalanche of people that has swept from street to street. Fade has been the catalyst for much of this, advocating doing more sooner rather than later, and has quite the following among the angriest and most vehement of the common men. His counterpart in rationality, a large red haired man who goes by Brody, has numbers nearly as large behind him, although they haven't done anything quite so obvious compared to Fade's followers.

Elsewhere in the city, Northside has been largely quite, though random small fires have begun to spring up that enforcement are blaming on a single perpetrator due to the chemicals used in each instance. The rest of those under Dionysus' influence have kept to themselves and each other, with no catalyst to spark the effects into a true inferno.

And in Westside, most of the potential rioters have masked themselves under the banner of the previously successful Democracy Now movement. It is a poor facade though, without the organization or signage that the true members have, these people have just taken to chanting in the streets and causing a disturbance until confronted, and then devolving into a belligerent mob that once or twice has resorted to violence and the destruction of public property before being put down. Oddly, they seem to have avoided the Cunningham facilities by some unspoken agreement, perhaps because none of them have any grudge against the peaceful charity workers, or perhaps because there is no one among them sick enough to try bothering the orphans.

But no matter where you are at the dawn of the eighth day, it only takes a moment to feel the electricity in the air. Those who pray for the status quo might have held hope that this was the day when the fever that held the city in its sway, slowly building over the last week, had broken, but the eyes that snap open in seedy dives and alleyways are just as full as life as the ones that closed the night before.

Dionysus stands atop Eastside's wall, framed by the rays of glorious sun that kiss his back as he taps his staff against the stones beneath his sandled feet in time with an inaudible rhythm. Billie did a wonderful job of spreading his name and telling everyone who would listen exactly who was responsible for this little drama that has unfolded, and forced him to change his plans in under a day. He couldn't fault her for her exuberance though, and the new plan he'd come up with fit his mood so well, he thought he might just reward her for forcing him to reconsider it.

And so, as the people of Eastside rise from their beds and prepare for another new day of tension and worry, new faces can be seen on the street. Odd faces to be sure, all wearing similar pale purpled robes with intense green ivy embroidered everywhere across it. All of them have their hoods raised and hands clasped with at least one other of their number. Those who have a sense for these things will know that these people are definitely of the fey, some more obviously than others. Pixies from Moth Park flit about their heads in droves, some darting down into the darkness around their collars and attempting to tickle a giggle out of the solemn folk, succeeding for the most part.

They set themselves up in pairs, trios, and quartets on the corners that hold the kegs of hard cider that Billie spent so much time setting up before. From under their robes instruments are brought out and tuned, toneless melodies playing as they warm up their fingers, lungs, and tongues. Drums and chimes, flutes and lutes and harps and mandolins and didgeridoos are highlighted in the morning sun as the satyrs, centaurs, nymphs and maenads that hold them smile at the wondering passers bye, pixies and other tiny fey waving from their larger cousins' shoulders and ferrying large cups of alcohol, two to a sprite, to anyone that asks for one despite the early hour.

And then they play, each group harmonizing together with each other and the other nearby groups in perfect, discordant unison. No one spot in the city will hear the same song as instruments fade over the distance and are overtaken by those closer to the ear, but above all the ruckus and noise a voice hovers in the air. His voice. Billie, Nadia, Irena, Magtok, and many others who know him personally will recognize the voice of the god of splendid drinks, and those close enough to the eastmost side of the city that are willing to cast their eyes directly into the sun might see him on the wall as he speaks to the city.

"Riverside, your heart has beat in time with mine for this past week, and you have felt the fire burning in my veins. I ask that you hear me now and know my words in your hearts, words that you have always known. Those who would have you for their own would tell you that the pursuit of your personal pleasure is a selfish, shortsighted goal with no meaning. They would let you wallow in misery to keep whole the place you live, as if these walls meant more than the people residing within them. But you are beginning to realize the alternative. Your happiness is my greatest treasure, and in giving it to you will give me so much more. So do what it is that makes you happy, and show this city the brightness of your souls! Let it know that it cannot contain you if you do not let it." And then, to a building crowd of onlookers, Dionysus dives from the wall into the soil below and disappears from sight. Many gasp, but the nearest musicians simply chuckle with mirth and begin playing in earnest, their tunes rising above the conversation that breaks out.

[/COLOR]
    Thenadier had been spending his last few days spying, and killing. Thenadier's antics of justice had never been....right. He was always a killer, even for a good cause. A total of about six brawlers might have been found stuffed in various dumpsters around Eastside, cuts across their throats or bullets to the brain. Thenadier had found what he wanted though, the truth. He had been skulking in an alley, when he head Dionysus shout. There he was, the leader of this uprising. How odd it was to see that creature. So powerful, oh the things Thenadier could do with that kind of power. Thenadier frowns, it would seem, that the god has some kind of cult. Thenadier will head off, trying to find the group he met a few days ago.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

[Westside]

The Tenebras Enforcers are out in force. They've lost some of their people to Dio's influence, but they're still strong, if spread thin. They go to the areas of worst conflict, equipped with riot shields and batons. Their first focus is breaking up the worst conflicts and covering the firefighters that are still able to do their job. They're not gentle with the rioters, but they're not aiming to do them harm either. Those that the Enforcers come across that need someplace to take shelter and have nowhere else to go will be escorted to Exbourne Manor.

When the Hunters arrive at the cathedral, they'll find that Enforcers are already there. Two are positioned on either side of the main entrance, while at least six more can be seen patrolling nearby.

When they spot the approaching group of Hunters, the two at the door step forward to meet them, while the others nearby move closer as well. "If you need a place to take shelter, you're welcome to come inside. Otherwise I'm going to have to ask you to leave." The Enforcers are nervous. The Hunters don't look like they need protection and such a large group is a threat.

14. - Top - End - #284

[Suncrest Manor]

"So you're saying you should be stung by scorpions now?" The witch replies with a raised eyebrow. "That doesn't even make sense." Thought she couldn't imagine the goddess wanting to kill Nadia after making her pregnant though.

[Malechenar]

"Technically I'm-" Astrana starts before Celestel interrupts her.

"Yes, but first there are a few papers you need to sign before I'm showing you around." Celestel states before opening the door and leads them inside her office.

The office only have one single large window just behind the stewardess desk that is positioned right between a large marble statue of a naked woman and a potted plant.

Nearly every object within the room is marked with a small glowing mark with the name of the object, what it's used for or what to do with it

Water!
    Don't touch!
    Make the bed!
    Make sure to have these in a alphabetic order!

Celestel goes up to desk and bends down to open a drawer with the mark Legal Documents and takes out a few papers which she then hands over to the vampire. "Just write down your name, age, legal guardians if any... sign it at the bottom above this line please." She instructs Valente.

[Eastside==>Westside]

A large pit lord comes wandering through the streets of eastside, ready to run off rioters who appear to be attacking others or are causing property damage. Throwing rocks or even stabbing this creature will probably just enrage it so the rioters are probably wise to stay away.

It's making it's way towards Westside however, Exbourne manor to be specific.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"Uh, well, I wasn't exactly saying that. Just telling you what it did." Though Nadia is thinking about something like that. If she doesn't have to deal with being sick it's worth it right?

[Malechenar]

"Right, okay." Vaente looks around a bit, but focuses when the form is offered. Valente Ricci... 19... etc ect, He fills out the form in full as long as nothing odd is on it and hands it back to Celestel.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

"We're here to protect the cathedral," says a big, burly man in the front. It's the same one that talked to Billie earlier. "It must not be allowed to come to any harm." His voice is calm and collected, belying his appearance.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

Cathedral of Cunningham

Janice steps out, and the Hunters and Enforcers alike may feel the sense of peace that surrounds the powerful hippiemancer - likely coming as a relief after the madness of the city. "Is everything okay here?" she asks.

Thernardier

He probably can't find the same group as before, but he can easily find a group of Dionysian rioters. Or he could connect with Fade's group.

Westside

Unfortunately for the Hunters, Exbourne Manor is where most of the riot groups want to head.

Fortunately for them, the groups are pretty easy to distract or misdirect. Exbourne Manor may be a rather well known spot within Westside, but it isn't a landmark that is visible from a distance. The fires and riots have some roads closed off as well, and the general chaos has many crowds going in the wrong direction and not realizing it until they hit the edge of the darkness zone.

But enough people know their way around enough for a mob to start forming near the manor, with angry voices.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

The Enforcer looks at him for a moment, then breathes a sigh of relief. She takes off her her hair and shakes out her dark hair. The woman is a vampire, with high cheek bones and narrow eyes. She has this ageless quality about her that most vampires have.

"It's fine." She assures Janice before turning back to the Hunter. "We could use the help. This area's been not too bad, but we don't have the manpower here that we'd like. If you want to set up your people around here, be my guest."

[Exbourne Manor]

Once the mob begins forming, Enforcers are called back to the manor to support those that were already there. Many are still out and about in Westside, but they will be even more thinly spread.

The Enforcers at the manor form a line outside the heavy, cast iron fence. Tensions are high as the mob grows. Four people stand ahead of the rest, each in a suit of light power armour.

19. - Top - End - #289

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

"We need information of eventual weaknesses, close people to him, his plans, pressure points so to speak." Enu replies. "Otherwise we'll contact you in seven days unless anything change." Which might happen considering everything.

"Weaknesses, companions and plans. Very well." Mercutio smiles, inclining his head slightly. "Now if you don't mind - this is all procedure, really." Reaching under his coat, the devil pulls a sheet of thrice-folded paper from a pocket and holds it out. "I'm sure you know how this works. Simply sign along the dotted line."
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Cathedral of Cunningham

Janice steps out, and the Hunters and Enforcers alike may feel the sense of peace that surrounds the powerful hippiemancer - likely coming as a relief after the madness of the city. "Is everything okay here?" she asks.

Westside

Unfortunately for the Hunters, Exbourne Manor is where most of the riot groups want to head.

Fortunately for them, the groups are pretty easy to distract or misdirect. Exbourne Manor may be a rather well known spot within Westside, but it isn't a landmark that is visible from a distance. The fires and riots have some roads closed off as well, and the general chaos has many crowds going in the wrong direction and not realizing it until they hit the edge of the darkness zone.

But enough people know their way around enough for a mob to start forming near the manor, with angry voices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

The Enforcer looks at him for a moment, then breathes a sigh of relief. She takes off her her hair and shakes out her dark hair. The woman is a vampire, with high cheek bones and narrow eyes. She has this ageless quality about her that most vampires have.

"It's fine." She assures Janice before turning back to the Hunter. "We could use the help. This area's been not too bad, but we don't have the manpower here that we'd like. If you want to set up your people around here, be my guest."

[Exbourne Manor]

Once the mob begins forming, Enforcers are called back to the manor to support those that were already there. Many are still out and about in Westside, but they will be even more thinly spread.

The Enforcers at the manor form a line outside the heavy, cast iron fence. Tensions are high as the mob grows. Four people stand ahead of the rest, each in a suit of light power armour.

"I'm glad to hear it," the Hunter says to the Enforcer before turning to Janis and bowing slightly. "We're here on the behalf of the Democracy Now movement. We'll help protecting this building and everyone inside."

[Exbourne Manor]

Once the rioters get there, the Hunters will not interfere.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

Cathedral of Cunningham

"Thank you. If you have anyone that needs sanctuary, please bring them here. We are doing our best to counteract the madness,"
    Janice says.

Exbourne Manor

The mob starts yelling, throwing rocks, and setting more fires. They aren't ready to charge the manor yet, but they certainly seem intent on laying siege to it.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #292

[Suncrest Manor]

"Right, so what are we supposed to do with all these scorpions then?" The witch replies with a gesture at the growing number of arachnids that are gathering around the two.

[Malechenar]

"Good enough." Celestel comments as she goes through Valente's application. "Just follow me please and please don't touch anything." She tells the two before starting to escort them around the castle.

The tour can be largely handwaved but Valente will learn about all the public locations within Malechenar (including the 'love room'). The entire castle is filled with art and strange objects and plants. All coming from Elshar (Astrana's home world) apparently.

He will also learn how to get to the castle by one of the portals which have been placed around riverside. The platform is only for official business, he's not allowed to in any way reveal the location of these.

"While you are a member of the fourth tower as a employee of the castle, you must foremost obey the orders of your host and employee." Celestel explains as they are nearing the fourth tower compound once again. "Malechenar can't take any responsibility for anything you do that aren't specifically under our orders. If you have any further questions or like to discuss your employment contract, please stop by my office." The stewardess says before stopping in front of the door marked with the fourth tower symbol.

"...of course." Enu accepts the paper and will through it very carefully before signing anything. Unless it's blank of course, in that case he just signs it.

[Exbourne Manor]

The pit lord will attempt to force his way through the rioters on his way to Exbourne, but considering their current state it's unlikely something don't happen as the huge demon attempts to make his way through the violent crowds.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-09-01 at 03:46 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293

[Safehouse]

"'S not too different from what I used to do except now it's more for survival rather than pay." the muse said as she sat down, her fangs receding from view. She wasn't about to say that actually drinking blood felt more more natural than she expected in the beginning. She wasn't sure if this was due to the so called 'curse' on her or if it was simply due to her nature but she suspected that both likely had a hand in it.

Setting her shotgun to lean on the chair's armrest and taking the glass offered to her, the fledgeling held it under her nose for just a moment before taking a larger sip than what might be considered proper, not bothering to savor the taste even though she was uniquely able to given the reappropriation of one of her enhancements. It was better than just knocking back the entire glass as she wanted though, at least she was managing to exert more self control now than before. "So," she began, swirling the sanguine solution about in her glass. "You didn't strike me as the type who liked calling small parties together to catch up on recent events. I assume you have something you want me to do?"

24. - Top - End - #294
    Orc in the Playground

Day 8- Exbourne Manor

Skeletal monkeys are congregating upon the Manor, keeping themselves hidden for now. Occasionally one may be spotted, though they are doing their best. The ones on the Manor's roof and in the trees are keeping an eye out for suspected ringleaders, identifying them from the previous demonstration if possible and guessing by their actions if not. However, those on the Manor's roof and in the trees are stranded; far more are on the wrong side of the crowd to reach the Manor itself, and the trees are probably surrounded by people, unless they've been set alight.

Day 8- Eastside Thugs

The thri-kreen playing rock-paper-scissors will be content to do so as long as the thug is. It won't cheat by choosing two different possibilities with its different hands. The other thri-kreen stays close, and keeps an eye out for what's going on. Both drink alcohol, and discuss whether or not it's better than the stuff the thri-kreen make from certain substances released by giant aphids.

Day 8- Fallow's Furry & Feathered Friends

Byont Fallow has managed to prevent further slave riots in his underground slave market by spiking their water supply with a heavy dose of sedatives. Most are too asleep to complain, fight back or do anything. Some have died. Regardless, the surface store has closed its gates. Most of the human and gnome employees have joined the riots and celebrations, but some, mainly those that have recently arrived back in the city from a slaving raid, continue to work, guarding the walls, looking rather thin without the ogres to back them up; like the other slaves, most are heavily sedated. Unlike the other slaves, they've also been chained to the wall rather than merely kept locked in a cage.

Day 8- Temple of Dalachrech

The Temple has closed its doors, and both Defelent and Omid are on the lookout for potential rioters. They're using magical means, and have taken down the external sign in an attempt to both prevent damage to it but also to disguise the Temple as normal housing.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

The Enforcer's eyes narrow a little at the mention of who they are, but she's not about to turn them away regardless. She nods to Janice and the Hunters before taking a few steps away. "Take the patrols out a little further." She says through a communicator.

[Exbourne Manor]

The riot shields stop the rocks, but unfortunately the fires can't be dealt wit yet. Not unless the Enforcers are going to head into a crowd, and that would be a terrible idea. When they see the demon approaching through the crowd, many put their hands on their firearms. They're not sure what to make of this new potential threat yet.

[Suncrest Manor]

"That... I don't know." It's really quite creepy, and Nadia has no idea what to do. She's sure not going to tolerate them in their house, though. "I wonder why they're just standing there."

[Malechenar]

"Thank you, I understand." Valente says. This was an interesting place alright. Hopefully he can remember his way around. "Um, is there something I should be doing right now, or...?"

[Safehouse]

"Right to business then." Samona takes one last sip and then sets her glass down. "It's very simple. You and I will be tracking down and apprehending an individual. I don't doubt you noticed the castle floating above the northern part of the city. I'd like to know more of their motives for being here. So any individual from the castle will do, and then we will interrogate them."

26. - Top - End - #296

[Eastside Fade's Thug's]

Day 6

After it was clear that Fade goes another way then Brody the groupe split up. Fade was called to be the leader of them and due to the effect of Dio's experiments on Riverside he did it. He lead the man into busness streets, some of the lesser one first. There they started to rob smaller stores and during the day even more people join, just like Fade said.

Day 7

On the next day all samller stores where robed. And the people wonder what's next. Fade offered the raising amount of people weapons. swords and axes everything Fade would use. With that he ordered them to go after everyone holding them up from violent actions. Fade in this time keeps himself in the back. The pain of his life still hurts and things don't go away unless something repace it.

Day 8

At the morning of that day the people under Fade could be called cold blood. There violence raised a level people couldn't ignore. Death went with them and when Dio's priests came they met it. Even thought they offer the drink the man under Fade aren't rational anymore they still think they ned to hurt / kill them in order to get anything. So the groupe will attack them as well.

Fade himself heads for the Exbourn manor. Dio is there and Fade has the idea that this man who started it can heal him. His rioters follow him with there violence.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

27. - Top - End - #297

[Suncrest Manor]

"I dunno." Irena replies with a shrug. "Do you want me to kill them or throw them out of here?"

There are at least then scorpions in the room with them right now and if more turn up at this rate there are going to be lot of them eventually.

[Malechenar]

"No, you won't start working until tomorrow actually so I suggest you get more familiar with the castle in the meantime. Are you planning to stay the night?" Celestel asks.

[Exbourne Manor]

After violently removing several of the rioters who refuses to move out of his way, the enforcers are right to act worried. But as Tarim finally reach them he shows his palms in a sign of peace. "I'm not here to fight with you. Is there anyone in charge I can talk to, I'm here to help. This have gone too far."

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Kami Hunting]

Harnel does indeed go to smack the Kami, though in this case he chooses to use his metal weapon on the Kami's stomach with the two faces, figuring that may very well be a weak point. He imagines if he had two faces in his stomach it'd hurt a lot more to get hit there anyways.
    [Kami Hunting]

A good call on Harnel's part! The second fireball blinds and throws the kami off balance, and the pole striking the terrified face inside it's stomach causes it to scream with three voices at once, flling to its knees as it holds the wound face like a bleeding wound. Cessie will be able to feel that it is, in fact, a bleeding wound, as the energy of the hedonism kami begins spilling forth from the face, leaving the consumption kami behind. It'll be a little while before it all escapes, though.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"We need to figure out a way to stop them from coming in or else whatever we do with these ones won't matter." Nadia frowns. Where are they even coming from? Wait a second... "Get out of the house." She says firmly to the scorpions.

[Malechenar]

"Yeah, I think so. What do you think, Astrana?" Valente asks. It's gotta be better than paying for a night at the hotel, that's for sure. He mostly wants to see if Astrana wants to stay though.

[Exbourne Manor]

"Keep your distance." Durin orders. He steps forward to stand before the pit fiend. "You're with the Burning Light, yes? What do you want?"
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-09-02 at 12:03 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Workshop]

O-45 waits quietly, having entered powersave mode. It really doesn't move much at all.
    A day passes. Riots in the streets. General chaos and drunken revelry happen. When day 8 dawns, Glorian Day is in her workshop and judging from the fact that she pulled an air mattress down here from wherever it is she lives she has no intention to leave.

She ends up just working hard on something, to the point of trying to ignore everything else.