New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside X

[Workshop]

At some point, O-45 would have asked what was going on outside, and would have been satisfied with close to any answer, up to and including "I have no idea".
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Dwarf in the Playground

Workshop

"Utter madness."

That's the answer he will get. Followed by her curling up on the mattress.

"Day? Day, I'm here." comes a voice from the other room. "What's going on outside? People are-"

"UTTER MADNESS!"

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

[Workshop]

O-45 will remain stationary, waiting for the other individual to reveal themselves.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Dwarf in the Playground

Workshop

A female Quarian (you know, from mass effect?) will enter the room. Her environmental suit has light grey highlights, and she looks around. "Where is this-oh, hi there." She steps toward O-45. "Who are you?"

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

[Workshop]

"This unit is serial number O-45. Is this an adequate designation, or is more required?" the war droid says in its normal deep monotone. It doesn't even move.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-09-01 at 08:59 PM.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Dwarf in the Playground

Workshop

"I would like to know your make and model. And your hull material... your energy source... load out... tolerances... VI specifications..." She gets out her Omni-tool, and starts fiddling with it. "Okay, I really want your blueprints, but that's probably not up for grabs."

7. - Top - End - #307
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Safehouse]

"Right to business then." Samona takes one last sip and then sets her glass down. "It's very simple. You and I will be tracking down and apprehending an individual. I don't doubt you noticed the castle floating above the northern part of the city. I'd like to know more of their motives for being here. So any individual from the castle will do, and then we will interrogate them."
    "And what do we do with them after interrogation?" the fledgeling asked. "Also, what do we know about them currently? Capabilities, and so on? Are we doing an infiltration job or just grabbing one off the street? If the former, how much 'noise' can we make?" Ghoul asked, falling quite easily into old habits. It was the typical sort of information she needed before taking on a job, aside from pay of course, and more information meant better chances of survival. While the muse wouldn't mind just a right out kidnapping, she was hoping to do a bit of infiltration. It had been quite some time since the last job of that type and she had to say it was quite a thrill.

"...Also, is there anything else we should do while we're there?" the muse asked. Something else to perhaps sow confusion if not outright havoc should the chance arise.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

[Workshop]

"If you would be willing to agree to a non-disclosure agreement, then you will be allowed a copy of the blueprints uploaded to the computer of your choice. But this unit wishes to receive something in exchange," O-45 says, "This unit has specifications for a secondary chassis but has no ability to build such a thing."

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

[Safehouse]

"At the moment we have two goals. One, collect information, and two, send a message." Samona holds up the appropriate fingers to illustrate her point. "Infiltration will not be necessary in the present. We'll grab someone to interrogate, then let them go to deliver a message to the rest of their colleagues. I don't want tostart a war, but I do want to stir the pot a little. Let them know we own this city."

"As for what we already know about them, the castle is called Malechenar, I'm unaware if the name is associated with their organization as well. An unknown, but presumed not insignificant number of the occupants are vampires. Not like you and I, however. The ones we specifically know of manipulate the mind and feed on memories. You can recognize them because they lack eyes. I'm sure I don't have to tell you to be wary of them. We could be collecting a more mundane individual as well. Our information is woefully lacking."

10. - Top - End - #310

[Safehouse]

"Ah. So it's a scouting mission." Ghoul said, draining her glass. Well, it made sense if there was such a lack of information. Not the typical sort of scouting mission, no, but it fit the bill closely enough. "So.. Mind manipulation, you say? Any news about that? Defenses or protection against it or are we in the dark about that as well?" the muse prompted, not at all fine with the idea of someone trying to root around in her head.. Though, the idea did come to her that having a mind with two different storage media might make things at least more difficult in her respect.

"And.. So, just what level of force is authorized here?" the fledgeling asked her sire, a grin tugging at the edge of her lips. Though she could go about this as peacefully as possible if she had to, the muse preferred for at least the possibility of proper application of force. Nothing to break cover or anything but simply having the opportunity would be... Nice..

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

[Safehouse]

"I'd prefer if the individual not be overly harmed. Some... incentive to speak might be necessary depending on how things go, however." Samona smiles a cruel little smile. "As for protection from mental attack, you let me worry about that." She says mysteriously.

12. - Top - End - #312

[Safehouse]

"Sounds easy enough." Ghoul said in response to Samona's remark about 'coercion.' It was the latter statement about letting her handle the mental defenses that irritated her, though. Simply put, she liked knowing all the possible variables rather than leaving things up to chance. It wasn't always possible, no, but deliberately withheld information had become habitual in coming back around to bite her a good percentage of the time.

Unless..

"Just thinking out loud here but are you planning on using that compulsion link thing between a sire and their turned to keep control if I happen to be compromised?" Ghoul asked. It made sense even though she would just be used as a tool and nothing more in that case. It wasn't something to get angry over, though. She had already been a instrument of sorts before, simply with a higher price tag.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

Riverside Riots - Day 8

Exbourne Manor

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Day 8- Exbourne Manor

Skeletal monkeys are congregating upon the Manor, keeping themselves hidden for now. Occasionally one may be spotted, though they are doing their best. The ones on the Manor's roof and in the trees are keeping an eye out for suspected ringleaders, identifying them from the previous demonstration if possible and guessing by their actions if not. However, those on the Manor's roof and in the trees are stranded; far more are on the wrong side of the crowd to reach the Manor itself, and the trees are probably surrounded by people, unless they've been set alight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Exbourne Manor]

The riot shields stop the rocks, but unfortunately the fires can't be dealt wit yet. Not unless the Enforcers are going to head into a crowd, and that would be a terrible idea. When they see the demon approaching through the crowd, many put their hands on their firearms. They're not sure what to make of this new potential threat yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Exbourne Manor]

After violently removing several of the rioters who refuses to move out of his way, the enforcers are right to act worried. But as Tarim finally reach them he shows his palms in a sign of peace. "I'm not here to fight with you. Is there anyone in charge I can talk to, I'm here to help. This have gone too far."

"THE VAMPIRES ARE WORKING WITH DEMONS!!!"
    people shout, as they see Tarim approaching them. "BRING BACK THE SUN!!!" "DOWN WITH THE BLOOD SUCKERS!!!!" "DEMOCRACY NOW!!!!"

The crowd is being worked into a frenzy of anti-vampire sentiment. Any skeletal monkeys that get seen will be stomped into splinters. A few people are crushed to death, but their cries for help are not heard over the angry screams.

Eastside Fade's Thugs

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Eastside Fade's Thug's]

Day 6

After it was clear that Fade goes another way then Brody the groupe split up. Fade was called to be the leader of them and due to the effect of Dio's experiments on Riverside he did it. He lead the man into busness streets, some of the lesser one first. There they started to rob smaller stores and during the day even more people join, just like Fade said.

Day 7

On the next day all samller stores where robed. And the people wonder what's next. Fade offered the raising amount of people weapons. swords and axes everything Fade would use. With that he ordered them to go after everyone holding them up from violent actions. Fade in this time keeps himself in the back. The pain of his life still hurts and things don't go away unless something repace it.

Day 8

At the morning of that day the people under Fade could be called cold blood. There violence raised a level people couldn't ignore. Death went with them and when Dio's priests came they met it. Even thought they offer the drink the man under Fade aren't rational anymore they still think they ned to hurt / kill them in order to get anything. So the groupe will attack them as well.

Fade himself heads for the Exbourn manor. Dio is there and Fade has the idea that this man who started it can heal him. His rioters follow him with there violence.

Fade hears rumours of Dionysus having been seen at dawn on the wall of Eastside. He also hears rumours that there is a prophet spreading Dionysus's word, travelling on the river on a boat.

The mobs in Eastside aren't as angry at the vampires as the Westside mobs are, because they aren't living in darkness. They simply look to smash and loot what they can. But if Fade makes his way to Westside, under the shroud of darkness, he might find crowds that are headed for Exbourne Manor.

Eastside Thugs

Day 8- Eastside Thugs

The thri-kreen playing rock-paper-scissors will be content to do so as long as the thug is. It won't cheat by choosing two different possibilities with its different hands. The other thri-kreen stays close, and keeps an eye out for what's going on. Both drink alcohol, and discuss whether or not it's better than the stuff the thri-kreen make from certain substances released by giant aphids.
    The group with the thri-keen starts looting shops and smashing windows.

Spoiler
    Show
    Day 8- Fallow's Furry & Feathered Friends

Byont Fallow has managed to prevent further slave riots in his underground slave market by spiking their water supply with a heavy dose of sedatives. Most are too asleep to complain, fight back or do anything. Some have died. Regardless, the surface store has closed its gates. Most of the human and gnome employees have joined the riots and celebrations, but some, mainly those that have recently arrived back in the city from a slaving raid, continue to work, guarding the walls, looking rather thin without the ogres to back them up; like the other slaves, most are heavily sedated. Unlike the other slaves, they've also been chained to the wall rather than merely kept locked in a cage.

Day 8- Temple of Dalachrech

The Temple has closed its doors, and both Defelent and Omid are on the lookout for potential rioters. They're using magical means, and have taken down the external sign in an attempt to both prevent damage to it but also to disguise the Temple as normal housing.

The Temple remains safe for now, protected by magic. Fallows look tempting to some of the mobs because of the thin guards, but there are other shops that aren't guarded at all. So far, no attacks have occurred on it.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #314
    Bugbear in the Playground

Exbourne Manor

"I like to provide aid until the storm calms down." The pit lord replies. "Things are insane over at the citadel but we at least we aren't under siege like you are. I figured I would be more of an help here." His words might be drowned out by the rioters screams however, that's up to ghar.

In either case, the pit lord don't advance any further, instead he turns to the rioters with an grim determination. Thankfully the burning light had an way to deal with this sort of situations. The light could be manipulated in many ways and as it's servants also were peace keepers there was a non-lethal way to use it.

He won't resort to it until the rioters decides to attack him or the vampires outright however.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-09-02 at 06:04 AM.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

Riverside Riots - Outside Exbourne

Cos is looking now. There was a lot he couldn't do. Stopping lives from being ruined is something he'd been doing in secret all this time, causing those who would have killed or raped change their minds. It was a subtle tweak to the minds of those in the city, to avoid such things. Turn your head elsewhere, he had said to them, this isn't worth it. The occassional overt display of protection was needed, for those who truly needed it. A woman inexplicably finding herself out of the burning building she'd been in just moments ago. An attacker falling asleep inexplicably when he was about to kill another man. Little things, and with no sign of a cause.

But this was different. He couldn't simply stop this without becoming involved directly.

And so he does.

Those getting ready to be trampled by the mob will find themselves covered by a small golden dome of light, solid and protective, likely completely surprised as well. The fires are replaced by golden lights that slowly flicker out, not doing any damage of their own. Unfortunately for the monkeys, Cos doesn't go out of his way to save them, but what he does next may have a certain impact upon their survival

"CALM DOWN"

The voice is powerful and loud, resonating between buildings, and in the very air and stones. In it is a compulsion; let go of the anger you're harboring. think this through rationally.

Out of a golden light appears a single shining individual atop the manor, "Will you let yourselves devolve into murderers!? I will not allow it!" He's wearing white robes that seem to glimmer in front of every light source, and his hair shines like a sun of it's own, though those who look at him will find they can look directly at him without hurting their eyes. He also looks extremely cross. He has throughout this entire past week, but has hidden it from the humans.

Those who look upon the visage of Cosiellio will know that he is powerful. Young, vigorous, and full of power. They will know he is a god. And they will know he is not happy.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-09-02 at 06:08 AM.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

[Riverside Riots - Outside Exbourne]

Now that the rioters are using their name while killing people, the Democracy Now has to step up. Strangely enough, the person to lead the armed crowd of Hunters is Elizabeth, the timid woman who came up with the whole idea.

"We will not allow our creed to be used by murderers! Enough! She shouts, and the grim faces of the Hunters behind her show that they're willing to back it up.

However, Elizabeth is unknowingly manifesting a power not unlike Cos', if on a smaller scale. She's radiating a palpable aura of peace and calm that subdues any feeling of violence - in fact, any strong feelings at all - around her.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-09-02 at 10:55 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Workshop]

"If you would be willing to agree to a non-disclosure agreement, then you will be allowed a copy of the blueprints uploaded to the computer of your choice. But this unit wishes to receive something in exchange," O-45 says, "This unit has specifications for a secondary chassis but has no ability to build such a thing."
    "Sure, I could do the wiring easily, and if Day can make the outer plates we could get it to you pretty fast... well, I guess it depends on what it is. I'll agree to non-disclosure, of course. Just upload it to my omnitool. Here, let me try to connect." She will then do that. Not trying to hack, just trying to connect.

18. - Top - End - #318

[Malechenar]

"I promised I would return to Exbourne with a few things for some friends of mine actually." Astrana replies with a glance at glance at Valente. She had preferred to stay with him.

"Oh, I should have told you earlier, but the manor is currently under siege by the rioters. We would provide aid of course, but this is spiraled out of control pretty quickly. We are planning to help enforce the populace more in the future however so this won't be repeated." Celestel explains calmly.

[Suncrest Manor]

After a moment the scorpions suddenly start to move out of the room, quickly crawling out of whatever hole they came from.

"Huh, so you're the scorpion queen now. Well, can't be worse then the scorpion king, that movie sucked." Irena comments as she see the arachnids leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Kami Hunting]

A good call on Harnel's part! The second fireball blinds and throws the kami off balance, and the pole striking the terrified face inside it's stomach causes it to scream with three voices at once, flling to its knees as it holds the wound face like a bleeding wound. Cessie will be able to feel that it is, in fact, a bleeding wound, as the energy of the hedonism kami begins spilling forth from the face, leaving the consumption kami behind. It'll be a little while before it all escapes, though.
    [Kami Hunting]

Realizing she can't allow such a large kami getting away, she aims to consume the hedonism kami and thus drain the consumption kami of energy. Taking a deep breath she once again attempts to breath in the hedonistic spirit, devouring it completely.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-09-02 at 12:31 PM.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

Durin practically growls at the demon. "If you really want to help, get out of our way unless the crowd decides to move on us. Then push them back without killing anyone."

The line of Enforcers bristles at the sudden intervention from two different sources. They're more wary than anything about it. But if the crowd does calm, they'll follow suit.

[Safehouse]

"Very good." Samona replies, pleased that Ghoul caught on so quickly. "With any luck we won't have to resort to that. We may not even encounter one of these shadow vampires." She seems almost disappointed at the thought. "We've had more concrete sightings of beings that can burrow through the ground and change their shape, so be prepared for those as well."

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia looks rather surprised that that actually worked. "Apparently. I guess we don't need to worry about them being in the house anymore." Thank goodness for that.

[Malechenar]

Valente gives Astrana a disappointed look, but he understands. He just would have liked to have her here.

His disappointment is shoved aside when he hears the news about the mansion. "What, under siege? Why? What's going on?"

20. - Top - End - #320

[Suncrest Manor]

"I don't know, I think you would look pretty hot with scorpions crawling all over you, just adding some skimpy clothing and you would be the perfect evil sorceress." Irena teases Nadia with a grin.

[Malechenar]

"The riots are out of control, the so-called 'democracy now' have showed their true face and is now planning to kill all the vampires to bring back the sun. Or so the unruly mob claims." It's pretty clear by her tone she only feels disdain against the looters within the city.

"We will send down a batch of earth vampires to help them soon enough, don't worry. We won't let them burn Exbourne down." She assures Valente calmly.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-09-02 at 02:08 PM.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

Riverside Riots - Day 8

Exbourne Manor

As Cos's power manifests, the individual members of the mob are momentarily brought to their senses. Instead of reacting with their drunken impulses, their minds are free to think clearly.

They can think of no rational reason why they should remain here, and many, many rational reasons to leave. Fires... law enforcers... a pit demon... an angry god... And so the crowd melts away.

The effect lasts for some. They go home, hunker down with their families, and stay out of trouble. Among these are the ones who were saved from death by the young god. But for most of the crowd, it isn't long before the fey music speaks to the wildness within that the river water has been nourishing all week. Groups begin to form around the cider kegs, and soon the people are rioting and revelling again - but in smaller group than before.

For now, Exbourne is safe.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"You know, I don't need to be a sorceress to wear skimpy clothing." Nadia chuckles and gives Irena a little squeeze. "I think I'll pass on the scorpions, though."

[Malechenar]

Valente is stunned speechless. He knew things were getting rather rowdy on the streets, but this is insane. "Can't you do something now? They could be attacking the place while we're talking here."

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

The Hunters watch the crowd disperse grimly and Elizabeth's power dies down. She looks just as surprised at having manifested it as everybody else. However, once the crowd is gone, she adresses the Enforcers and Cos.

"The god responsible for all this must not be allowed to go unpunished," she says sternly.

[Under Malechenar

Michalson arrives there with a job to do. There are five people up there that need to die. He has to admit that even for someone as unscrupulous as he is, forcefully impregnating someone is just sick. Such people need to be put down and if he happens to bring it about while doing his job, all the better.

For now, he needs to actually get up there. Luckily, he brought just the thing to do it with himself. He pulls out a scroll out of his bag and reads it slowly. As he does so, shadows rise around him, forming into a vague outline of a bat. Once he's finished, the outline solidifies around him, making the figure of the skinny half-elf somewhat obscured. Then he takes flight, soaring quietly towards the castle. He's barely visible while doing so and tries to reach an out-of-the way part.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Dwarf in the Playground

Exbourne Manor-Eadelain's Room

Lots of things are going on today, many people would think of them as good things. There is one person, however, that will never look back on today favorably.

Eadelain has been sick lately; every time she's tried to get a drink of water she's thrown up (this has been going on for DAYS) yesterday she had a dull headache all day and today it bloomed into a borderline migraine that has been fluctuating all day. Medicine isn't working at all.

And despite the fact that she hasn't been out of her room yet today spots on her clothing are stained with ink. Today is just one of those days, as it were.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

"And there's something we can actually agree on." Durin says, sounding none too pleased. If it was up to him, the person responsible for this would be strung up.

The rest of the Enforcers visibly relax when the crowd disperses. They were sure that conflict was unavoidable. Some will move from their positions to go and assist anybody that may have been injured before Cos intervened.

[Exbourne Manor - Eadelain's Room]

There's a knock at Eadelain's door. "Hey Eadelain?! Are you feeling better yet?" Cynthia calls. Her friend has been sick for days. It's terrible.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Dwarf in the Playground

Exbourne Manor - Eadelain's Room

"Just don't shout and it shouldn't be too bad." She sounds like she's in some pain, and highly annoyed. "How is life out there? On second thought, I don't care. Gah... what is in the water? Have anyone else been getting sick?"

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor - Eadelain's Room]

"Nope." The demon replies is a quieter voice. "Some people were acting weird, but they left. It's so boring here. Everyone's all grumpy and that guy with the black skin yelled at me when I tried to go outside."

28. - Top - End - #328
    Dwarf in the Playground

Exbourne Manor - Eadelain's Room

"You think It's boring for you? I'm bedridden." She sighs. "And I can't even try to nap it off. Guuh... part of me wants to ask you if we could play a game, but I don't think I'm up for playing games."

29. - Top - End - #329
    Orc in the Playground

Eastside Thugs- Day 8

The two thri-kreen join in. They're quite excited, and very vicious. They seem to be enjoying themselves, though stop in a petshop for a while to gorge themselves upon its small mammals and opening the boxes of live food, scorpions, tarantulas, and other invertebrate pets.

Temple of Dalachrech- Day 8

The Temple isn't using magic in active defence; rather, they have warded the windows with blasting glyphs activated when anybody passes through and use wasps and bees to spy upon the mobs so they know when one is approaching.

Fallow's Furry & Feathered Friends- Day 8

Good thing they aren't attacked. Fallow's, specialises in more exotic pets. With 'exotic' meaning 'dangerous'- wyverns, sabre toothed tigers, small dinosaurs, and stranger creatures.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

30. - Top - End - #330

[Underneath Malechenar]

The castle have a vague pyramid-like shape with five towers shaped very much like curved snakes reaching for the sky. Right between these towers however are four house wings that curves up into massive walls which reach up to the middle tower. All over the building are gargoyles sitting perfectly still on the parapet of the building, making it impossible to see wherever they are statues or not.

No one seem to notice the half-elf as he soars up towards the building however and he manages to land near the bottom of the castle.

[Suncrest Manor]

"Pffh, all sorceress wear skimpy clothing. It's well known fact." Irena replies. "But no, you can wear skimpy clothing away, I think controlling scorpions is sorta hot though. It's like... have you ever seen those women that dance with snakes? Hot people and dangerous animals just go together." She says with a grin.

[Malechenar]

"The agents are already on their way Mr. Ricci, now all we can do is to wait. I'm sure Tenebras enforcers can hold out however, they are only facing an ragtag mob after all." Celestel ensures Valente. "I suggest you try to relax in the room we have prepared for you. I will give you an update on the situation once we know anything else."