New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside X

[Exbourne Manor]

The winged man steps up to the hunters as they obviously appear as the leader. He will place himself next to them just to show of who he belongs to.

"The question is where is he?" he asks as they speak of Dio.

Eastside Fade's Thugs

Since Dio doesn't really have a location and the onle one knowing it ate his priest Fade doesn't go for the manor. instead they go for the boat on the river. Fade will wait sitting on a bridge when the boat cross it. The thugs should be staying at the edge of the rivers side to block any way to flee.

"Hey you down there. where is your 'god'" Still Fade manages to speak without special sound.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"You don't think it's creepy at all?" Nadia laughs. "You're weird, you know that? It's okay, though. I still love you."

[Malechenar]

Valente nods reluctantly and says. "Alright." He turns to Astrana. "You're still not planning on going there, right? You could go tomorrow instead."

[Exbourne Manor - Eadelain's Room]

"Um, okay then." Cynthia shuffles her feet. She's getting bored just standing here! "Can I come in at least?"

3. - Top - End - #333
    Dwarf in the Playground

Exbourne Manor - Eadelain's Room

"You aren't alrea-oh. Sure, come in. I was facing the wall..."

That's kind of awkward. Oh, well, have to give her a break; she's very sick.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Underneath Malechenar]

The castle have a vague pyramid-like shape with five towers shaped very much like curved snakes reaching for the sky. Right between these towers however are four house wings that curves up into massive walls which reach up to the middle tower. All over the building are gargoyles sitting perfectly still on the parapet of the building, making it impossible to see wherever they are statues or not.

No one seem to notice the half-elf as he soars up towards the building however and he manages to land near the bottom of the castle.
    When Michalson sees statues that might or might not be animate, he assumes they are until proven otherwise. Once he lands, he scans the area carefully, looking for danger. His demeanor of a layabout is gone, replaced with keen awareness of his surroundings.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #335

[Suncrest Manor]

"It's not that creepy, you see it and art and stuff!" Irena insists before slumping down on the coach she had put Nadia in earlier. "That was tiring though, now I won't be able to put up those cameras... this is all your fault you know?" The witch says with an look at Nadia. "How am I supposed to concentrate with you around?"

[Malechenar]

"No, no way I'm getting out there again." Astrana agrees, Ceslestel having reminded her just how chaotic the streets really were.

"I would advise against it yes. So was there anything else or will you be able to make it on your own now?" The stewardess asks with an raised eyebrow.

[Exbourne Manor]

Tarim will move backwards towards the enforcers if he's allowed to, nodding grimly in agreement at the others statements. "Banning his worship would be a start, but not enough. These people don't care about any laws unless they are thoroughly enforced. We need to find those who helped this so called 'god' to start this riot."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-09-02 at 05:07 PM.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia pouts. "And here I was all ready to help you. I'm not that distracting, am I?" She sighs exaggeratedly. "I had my work clothes on too. I guess I'll just have to take them off." She undoes the top button of her shirt and slides her fingers slowly down to the next one. Her face betrays how funny she finds this, though.

[Malechenar]

Valente smiles, relieved to hear that. "No, I think we should be fine. Thanks." He replies to Celestel.

After the stewardess has left, the vampire awkwardly scratches the back of his head. "So, do you think we should be sharing a room, or..." He's been gone a long time, and he wouldn't blame her if she wanted to dial their relationship back a bit.

Cynthia steps inside the room without the slightest bit of hesitation. "You don't look so good." She comments with the tact of a child when she catches sight of Eadelain.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eadelain is pale and has a few ink stains on her, from what is anyone's guess. She only has the basic sheets for covering (she doesn't have a fever. Yet.) and her pillow is at kind of an odd angle. She looks bored, but obviously is in some pain.

"Yeah. Any idea of anything to do? I'm bored out of my brain and the headache has gone down a lot. Not gone, but it's better."

8. - Top - End - #338
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

[Safehouse]

"Very good." Samona replies, pleased that Ghoul caught on so quickly. "With any luck we won't have to resort to that. We may not even encounter one of these shadow vampires." She seems almost disappointed at the thought. "We've had more concrete sightings of beings that can burrow through the ground and change their shape, so be prepared for those as well.
    "Burrowing will not be a problem. Have a sonar that'll detect things underground. 'S got less range than radar but it can penetrate solid objects. More useful in close quarters and indoor battles for that reason." the muse explained. Really, given the ranges at hand and the weapons in use, the difference of speed between sound and light made no difference. Not to mention sound could provide a more complete 'image' of the rooms around corners than radar could. It was simply the 'novelty' or the like of using light rather than sound that the former was a more expensive and more common enhancement. Of course, it was money wasted but Ghoul didn't particularly care given that it was her opponents rather than her who were worse off.

"So, a designated time and place for this or are we on the job right away?" the fledgeling asked. Some preparation time would be nice but it wouldn't be entirely necessary.

9. - Top - End - #339

[Suncrest Manor]

"Erm..." Irena starts nervously once she see her girlfriend unbuttoning. "Aren't we done with that for today?" She says playfully.

[Malechenar]

"Good, your room number is 134, just down this corridor. Now have a nice evening." Ceslestel says with a bow before walking off.

"We could share a room." Astrana replies casually like it meant nothing to her. "I'm already starting to get tired actually. Guess you are going to stay up though." Being vampire and all.
    The tiefling slowly walks through the corridor to the room they been directed to.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

Masks Temple

It was when she was on the verge of boredom that the distracted Jezebel, seated in a leather chair at the front of her temple, was greeted with a familiar presence in the air. She couldn't place her clawed finger on it, but she could sense that not one, but three familiar people were coming to her. Familiar, but vastly changed. Closing her eyes, she reached out with her mind for the barest fraction of a moment before recoiling from what she had seen. With a small snarl, she spat upon the floor and left her throne to walk towards the door that remained the entrance to her Cathedral. On her way, her enhanced mind reprocessed what she had seen, and she couldn't help but smile slightly as she pulled open the doors to expose the interior to the night outside.

At the bottom of the steps were three figures of varying heights and sizes.

The one on the far right is the tallest, easily as tall as Jezebel, but where Jezebel's skin is purple, her's is of the palest white except for her right arm. Instead of flesh, her arm appears to be wrought of black iron and pitted bronze. Instead of hand, the woman wields a twin-bladed sword, a gap separating each side. The rest of her body appears to be covered by a uniform of blood-red leather, appearing much like that of a Naval Officer's, but instead of buttons or badges, skulls adorn her chest. On her head rest a pair of golden ram horns and a pair of whip like tails drag on the ground behind her. It seemed like a small adornment to the rest, but Jezebel understood that the most significant item of the dress was a small spiked iron collar that adorned the Khornate's neck. Even from this far, Jezebel could smell the scent of blood and steel that hung the air around the eldest of her sisters.

Spying the one in the center, Jezebel couldn't help but let her smile broaden a bit. The woman there was shorter than anyone else there, a measly six feet, but the two pairs of flaming wings that were folded on her back made her appear much larger than she was. Most of her form was easily seen as she was clothed in just straps of runed silk, but her skin was well hidden beneath a layer of small raven feathers that were on her head to toe. It had been a long time since Jezebel had seen her, years, but she was a welcome sight even if the human-skin tome that was in her sister's clawed hands unsettled her in ways that had become almost foreign to Jezebel's daemonic nature.

It was the third and final figure that had made the Angel of Desire recoil earlier. The "pleasantly" plump and heavily robed figure seemed a bit innocent compared to the rest here, but if one saw her beyond the physical sense, the horror witnessed would cause whoever it was to absolutely insane. Even though the black robe covered the figure, it couldn't hide the sage-green color of the flesh around her neck, nor could it hide the hand that was on the back of the little boy that seemed to always be next to her. The boy was of fair skin, about four feet tall, and a little chubby, but his eyes seemed dead and unfocused. His chest rose and fell like he was breathing, but the quick glimpse Jezebel had stolen told her that he was little more than a flesh-doll, filled with the children of "his" so-called "mother".

Even so, the sight of such horror couldn't contain the girlish glee inside her, making her grin and bow. "Welcome my sisters! Bellan, Vritax, Frize, please come in and make yourselves welcome."

Each one smiled up at their youngest sister and followed her inside. Bellan the Queen of the Blood-Pits, Vritax the Tomekeeper, and Frize the Bilemother had all come to Nexus to reunite with family.

House Tel'vree looked after their own.

(As a minor Ret-Con to help out with the Democracy Now plot, the location of the Masks has moved from the center of Eastside to be much closer to the edge of it towards the walls. This won't change anything that's already happened, but may ease what goes in in my absence.)
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2012-09-02 at 07:23 PM.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

"I think I saw some board games sometime. Or I can get my dolls and we can play house." Cynthia grins, particularly excited about the idea of that second suggestion.

[Safehouse]

"I can give you two hours. Meet me at [address in the northern part of Westside] then. Don't be late. We wouldn't want to miss our chance." Samona says.

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia bursts out laughing. "Here I thought I'd never see you turn down sex." She laughs a bit more. "You should've seen the look on your face."

[Malechenar]

"I can stay with you. For tonight at least." Valente replies hastily. He doesn't want to leave her just as long as she wants him around.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Dwarf in the Playground

Play house?

"I would like to try the board games you found, I think. What options did you find? Chess?"

As she says this, she realizes that Cynthia probably isn't thinking of Chess.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Kami Hunting]

A good call on Harnel's part! The second fireball blinds and throws the kami off balance, and the pole striking the terrified face inside it's stomach causes it to scream with three voices at once, flling to its knees as it holds the wound face like a bleeding wound. Cessie will be able to feel that it is, in fact, a bleeding wound, as the energy of the hedonism kami begins spilling forth from the face, leaving the consumption kami behind. It'll be a little while before it all escapes, though.
    [Kami Hunting]

Realizing she can't allow such a large kami getting away, she aims to consume the hedonism kami and thus drain the consumption kami of energy. Taking a deep breath she once again attempts to breath in the hedonistic spirit, devouring it completely.
    [Kami Hunting]

Harnel... well keeps attacking the ugly man who's a little less fat. He's getting kinda brutal about it too, going to whack the thing over and over and over and...

I, uh, guess he's just enthusiastic. And helping Cessie out. *nods*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

Aw, Cynthia's disappointed. A board game will have to do. "Nope. There was Candyland, Chutes and Ladders, Mouse Trap, and Tornado Rex." Essentially, the anti chess.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-09-02 at 08:49 PM.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    "Sure, I could do the wiring easily, and if Day can make the outer plates we could get it to you pretty fast... well, I guess it depends on what it is. I'll agree to non-disclosure, of course. Just upload it to my omnitool. Here, let me try to connect." She will then do that. Not trying to hack, just trying to connect.
    [Workshop]

Once the omnitool is connected to O-45, it'll start a wireless transfer of the blueprints for both the war chassis sitting in front of the quarian, as well blueprints for a much smaller chassis. It seems to have a housing for the same AI core that sits within the head of the war droid, which could be switched at will. The chassis, as it were, is simply a body for this AI core.

The blueprints laid out end up taking the form of a young human woman, for the most part. The only exceptional part of the body is that the face and hair require an odd type of rubber compound; the hair requires it in the form of tubing to vent heat, while having it for the face will allow for facial expression common among humans by using small mechanisms in the under-face to pull at the skin layer in certain ways. It's very easy to see that this body is meant more for human interaction than the war chassis
    [Exbourne Manor]

Tarim will move backwards towards the enforcers if he's allowed to, nodding grimly in agreement at the others statements. "Banning his worship would be a start, but not enough. These people don't care about any laws unless they are thoroughly enforced. We need to find those who helped this so called 'god' to start this riot."
    [Exbourne Manor]

"And what good will that do you?" Cos says, stepping off the roof of the building. He would have come down sooner, but he'd been busy making sure things were going according to plan once he'd stepped in to halt this particular riot, "The god did this himself. His followers had nothing to do with it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Kami Hunting]

Harnel... well keeps attacking the ugly man who's a little less fat. He's getting kinda brutal about it too, going to whack the thing over and over and over and...

I, uh, guess he's just enthusiastic. And helping Cessie out. *nods*
    [Kami Hunting]

Every strike to one of the kami's stomach faces sets it screaming more, a horrible warbling cry of pain, and by now it's in too much pain to respond to Harnel. Cessie, though, will easily be able to consume the hedonism kami, as well as the other one once Harnel begins hitting that face.

Once they've both been consumed, the consumption kami, instead of looking like it's completely obese, instead looks like a remarkably skeletal man, as if he'd been denied meals for months. He's too weak to resist if Cessie chooses to consume him.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

16. - Top - End - #346

[Safehouse => A Location In Northside]

Once two hours had passed, Ghoul would be at the requisite location sans firearms. Or at least the sort that couldn't be concealed. Given that some measure of secrecy was implied, the muse's tactical armor had been stowed away in favor of jeans and a somewhat loose button down, off white shirt. At the very least, it would go a ways to making her appear more like a civilian. While there were a few items on hand, they were best described as items of self defense as the muse carried what she considered a bare minimum for any given altercation. There was also the odd, hexagonal emblems on armbands but they were mostly hidden by her sleeves. She doubted that there would be any real need for what amounted to three concealed layers of body armor but her paranoia had paid off before.

Leaning against the wall of a nearby building, the muse waited for her sire to arrive, settled in the shadows and blending in as best as she was able without overtly manipulating the ambient darkness. Truth be told, it took some concentration on her part to get any result although she suspected it simply took quite a bit of practice.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Dwarf in the Playground

Siiigh...

"What is... Tornado Rex? I've never heard of that one."

Workshop

"Hmm... I bet that we could make this a bit more efficient by taking out the need to switch bodies. Give you a central unit and wireless connection to the chassis... well, we can worry about that later."

She will pick up a piece of paper, and etch the designs for the outer plates and similar items. "Day, can you make these?"

Glorian will get up and examine the designs.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

[Workshop]

For now, O-45 is willing to sit back and allow the pair to work.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

"Lemme go get it. I'll show you." Cynthia runs out of the room at high speed. A few moments later, she runs back in holding not just one box, but each of the games she mentioned. She sets all but one down. "This one. It looks fun, doesn't it?"

[A Location In Northside]

It's only a few minutes later that Samona appears and saunters over to her. The vampire is dressed similarly to Ghoul, except with dark, loose fitting pants and a button down shirt with a pattern made up of varying shades of grey. Otherwise she seems to be completely unarmed and unequipped.

"Are you ready?" She asks as she stops before the muse. Her eyes roam over her critically.

20. - Top - End - #350

"Yes, you dress down nicely too but if there's anything you're looking for in particular from me do you think it can wait till after we're done here?" the fledgling asked, taking the opportunity of her sire's visual appraisal to mouth off a bit. It might be pushing things, but some opportunities simply could not be passed up. That and banter while on a mission had become quite customary for her. While to others it might seem like needless needling or taunting, it served more as an outlet for stress or, for Ghoul at least, getting into the right mindset. Sad thing that there isn't much of a team with me on this one. Oh well. Not my first solo.

Clearing her throat, the muse's previous joviality vanished immediately as she seemed to become quite relaxed. "Ready." she said in a calm voice, clearly meaning what she said.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Samona chuckles, not at all bothered by Ghoul's application of wit. "Good, follow me." Samona turns on her heel and starts walking down the street. She isn't taking any particular care to keep out of view just yet.

"It turns out, there are a number of circles that serve as transportation to Malechenar. Recently we discovered where one of these portals are. We're taking care to ensure that our mark isn't anywhere near the circle they came out of when we find them, however. We'd like to keep that knowledge a secret so they don't close it or move it."

22. - Top - End - #352

[Kami Hunting]

Slightly winded after devouring so many kami in such a short span of time the dragon still tries to consume the two kami in the same even if there is a slight risk they might overwhelm her for a moment.

[Suncrest Manor]

"Hey, I was kidding!" Irena insists but can't help but to laugh along. It was true though! She didn't say she turned it down or anything! Better to shift over the awkwardness to Nadia! She shifts over to her girlfriend once they are done laughing and pokes one of her breasts, "By the way aren't your boobs supposed to become bigger when you're pregnant?" The witch curiously, proud of her own little scheme.

[Malechenar]

"You don't have to be so nervous, alright?" Astrana replies. "I know things have been strange lately but let's try to find some normality, some stability. I don't we really can go on before we do that."

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

Riverside Riots - Day 8

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Eastside Thugs- Day 8

The two thri-kreen join in. They're quite excited, and very vicious. They seem to be enjoying themselves, though stop in a petshop for a while to gorge themselves upon its small mammals and opening the boxes of live food, scorpions, tarantulas, and other invertebrate pets.

Temple of Dalachrech- Day 8

The Temple isn't using magic in active defence; rather, they have warded the windows with blasting glyphs activated when anybody passes through and use wasps and bees to spy upon the mobs so they know when one is approaching.

Fallow's Furry & Feathered Friends- Day 8

Good thing they aren't attacked. Fallow's, specialises in more exotic pets. With 'exotic' meaning 'dangerous'- wyverns, sabre toothed tigers, small dinosaurs, and stranger creatures.

The riots in Eastside continue. No one appears to be trying to stop the crowds as they rampage, riot, loot, steal, and orgy in the streets. The mood is jubilant in its violence.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Eastside Fade's Thugs

Since Dio doesn't really have a location and the onle one knowing it ate his priest Fade doesn't go for the manor. instead they go for the boat on the river. Fade will wait sitting on a bridge when the boat cross it. The thugs should be staying at the edge of the rivers side to block any way to flee.

"Hey you down there. where is your 'god'" Still Fade manages to speak without special sound.

Fade may have to call out at several boats full of revellers before he finds the one with the red-haired Prophetess. It seems that every boat in Riverside is afloat - some of them full of partiers, some full of people fleeing the madness, and some are afloat and on fire.

All of the partygoers call out praise to Dionysus, and he gets several answers about where he is. "Dionysus is inside all of us!" "Dio is at Club Pulse!" "I heard he was at the orgy by the wall!" "Dionysus is in the cider!" "Dionysus is in the river!" "He is in the boat with his Prophetess!" "I saw him on Maynard Street!"

When he calls to Billie's boat though, she calls back, "Dionysus will appear when every person in the city is drunk and celebrating!"

Masks Temple
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Masks Temple

It was when she was on the verge of boredom that the distracted Jezebel, seated in a leather chair at the front of her temple, was greeted with a familiar presence in the air. She couldn't place her clawed finger on it, but she could sense that not one, but three familiar people were coming to her. Familiar, but vastly changed. Closing her eyes, she reached out with her mind for the barest fraction of a moment before recoiling from what she had seen. With a small snarl, she spat upon the floor and left her throne to walk towards the door that remained the entrance to her Cathedral. On her way, her enhanced mind reprocessed what she had seen, and she couldn't help but smile slightly as she pulled open the doors to expose the interior to the night outside.

At the bottom of the steps were three figures of varying heights and sizes.

The one on the far right is the tallest, easily as tall as Jezebel, but where Jezebel's skin is purple, her's is of the palest white except for her right arm. Instead of flesh, her arm appears to be wrought of black iron and pitted bronze. Instead of hand, the woman wields a twin-bladed sword, a gap separating each side. The rest of her body appears to be covered by a uniform of blood-red leather, appearing much like that of a Naval Officer's, but instead of buttons or badges, skulls adorn her chest. On her head rest a pair of golden ram horns and a pair of whip like tails drag on the ground behind her. It seemed like a small adornment to the rest, but Jezebel understood that the most significant item of the dress was a small spiked iron collar that adorned the Khornate's neck. Even from this far, Jezebel could smell the scent of blood and steel that hung the air around the eldest of her sisters.

Spying the one in the center, Jezebel couldn't help but let her smile broaden a bit. The woman there was shorter than anyone else there, a measly six feet, but the two pairs of flaming wings that were folded on her back made her appear much larger than she was. Most of her form was easily seen as she was clothed in just straps of runed silk, but her skin was well hidden beneath a layer of small raven feathers that were on her head to toe. It had been a long time since Jezebel had seen her, years, but she was a welcome sight even if the human-skin tome that was in her sister's clawed hands unsettled her in ways that had become almost foreign to Jezebel's daemonic nature.

It was the third and final figure that had made the Angel of Desire recoil earlier. The "pleasantly" plump and heavily robed figure seemed a bit innocent compared to the rest here, but if one saw her beyond the physical sense, the horror witnessed would cause whoever it was to absolutely insane. Even though the black robe covered the figure, it couldn't hide the sage-green color of the flesh around her neck, nor could it hide the hand that was on the back of the little boy that seemed to always be next to her. The boy was of fair skin, about four feet tall, and a little chubby, but his eyes seemed dead and unfocused. His chest rose and fell like he was breathing, but the quick glimpse Jezebel had stolen told her that he was little more than a flesh-doll, filled with the children of "his" so-called "mother".

Even so, the sight of such horror couldn't contain the girlish glee inside her, making her grin and bow. "Welcome my sisters! Bellan, Vritax, Frize, please come in and make yourselves welcome."

Each one smiled up at their youngest sister and followed her inside. Bellan the Queen of the Blood-Pits, Vritax the Tomekeeper, and Frize the Bilemother had all come to Nexus to reunite with family.

House Tel'vree looked after their own.

(As a minor Ret-Con to help out with the Democracy Now plot, the location of the Masks has moved from the center of Eastside to be much closer to the edge of it towards the walls. This won't change anything that's already happened, but may ease what goes in in my absence.)

Xifra and Salome stand as honour guards to their Mistress as she welcomes her sisters.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #354

Dio-Day Alley

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Dio-Day Alley

Galiana gets her arm back in time to take further injury, but Scooters jab with the Big Splinter misses completely. The *POW*... punch to the throat! Scooter goes reeling!

Meanwhile, Galiana tries to do a bash and stab - a shield bash followed by sword jab before quickly pulling her sword arm back. The jab is quick to limit the exposure of her wounded arm. She's fighting defensively now.

What is quick, backpedaling away from one blow, fending off the other with his blade. These twin hook things were designed to be wielded as a pair, however, and there's just not that use that can be gotten out of an individual one, not when one's opponent has some degree of experience with combat themselves.

Our murderous, pumpkin-headed golem man lowers his weapon, pointing the tip to the ground, and then pulls out a new one. A hatchet, to be precise. Seems it's not wanted around here though, judging by the way What just throw the axe immediately and without hesitation. Unless poor Scooter has any immediate objections, the thing is bound to go hurtling face-ward. His forehead and left eyebrow aren't doing anything important that would be impeded by the presence of a rusty edge embedded in dwarvern flesh, are they?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

25. - Top - End - #355
    Troll in the Playground

Dio-Day Alley

Scooter is delighted to suddenly receive the gift of a new hatchet. At least that's what one might think by his screaming in joy, gurgling in happiness, and falling to the ground in rapture. Perhaps he's eager to go and show off the new hatchet, since he seems to be on his way to meet his maker.

Galiana backs away, looking for an escape that isn't there. Her sword arm has been bleeding all this time, from the first blow, and she's starting to feel the effects.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"Please don't remind me what this is going to do to my body." Despite Nadia's words, she's glad Irena's treating this so lightly. She's pretty sure she couldn't handle her being all gloomy about it. "But I bet you'd like that one, huh?"

[Malechenar]

Valente nods. "Yeah, you're right. I really do want to stay with you, though." He says, smiling a little.

27. - Top - End - #357

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Aegidus Manor

No security on the door from the servants stairs to the third floor halls, but one room on the left seems to have wires linked to the alarm system still active. If Jane consults the blueprints, she'll know that this is the drawing room, her first target.
    Jane reaches into a pouch on her pants and pulls a small bag out. She reaches into the bag and pulls several steel balls from it. They roll from her hand towards where the wires are. They should temporarily overload the alarm system in that room.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Workshop]

For now, O-45 is willing to sit back and allow the pair to work.
    Glorian will take the instructions and pick out some of the pieces of metal that she could re-shape. The Quarian turns back to O-45. "What kind of technology do they have where you come from, anyway? How advanced are you, in comparison?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

"Lemme go get it. I'll show you." Cynthia runs out of the room at high speed. A few moments later, she runs back in holding not just one box, but each of the games she mentioned. She sets all but one down. "This one. It looks fun, doesn't it?"

"It looks... very easy. I don't think I could enjoy it."

Usually Eadelain would indulge Cynthia a bit, but today she just does not feel like it. She is sick, she is allowed to drop some politeness.

"Cynthia... who are you?"

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

"A god depends on his followers and their worship," Elizabeth says. "Banning his worship seems a suitable first start to punishing him for the mayhem he's caused."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

30. - Top - End - #360

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Riverside Riots - Day 8

Fade may have to call out at several boats full of revellers before he finds the one with the red-haired Prophetess. It seems that every boat in Riverside is afloat - some of them full of partiers, some full of people fleeing the madness, and some are afloat and on fire.

All of the partygoers call out praise to Dionysus, and he gets several answers about where he is. "Dionysus is inside all of us!" "Dio is at Club Pulse!" "I heard he was at the orgy by the wall!" "Dionysus is in the cider!" "Dionysus is in the river!" "He is in the boat with his Prophetess!" "I saw him on Maynard Street!"

When he calls to Billie's boat though, she calls back, "Dionysus will appear when every person in the city is drunk and celebrating!"

Eastside Fade's Thugs

As Billies boat pass by Fade jumps down into it. Unless it's a one man boat he should make it. If so he stands right in front of Billi one hand on his stormatch.

"So as long as one person isn't drunk or celebrating he won't come?" he says with an evil grin on his face. Not a good sign since Fade never showed of so much emotion.

[Exbourne Manor]

The winged man tries to come closer to Elizabeth to get into the talking as well.

"It seems many people follow him. During the last days I saw many people doing stuff they haven't done befor. They may be more than us."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK