New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside X

Billie's Party Boat

Since Billie's never met Fade before, it doesn't matter to her that he's smiling.

"That's right. So go pass out the booze! Make sure everyone is partying!" she says.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-09-03 at 03:04 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"Eh, in the end it's not the size that matters, it's who they are attached to." Irena replies. "And those boobs just happen to be attached to the most beautiful woman in the world, no matter how large or small they are."

[Riverside Riots]

This had gone on too far, if the city itself wasn't going to do anything about this disgrace, the castle had to provide help with that.

The platform underneath the castle descends to the ground filled with a group of hooded people. As they step off the platform a large fence suddenly raises up as the platform raises to the skies again.

Then the gargoyles which have sat perched on the parapets of the castle start to move. They fly down to the group on the ground and take large white ball-shaped objects in their claws and then take to the skies again, followed by the flying platform.

The strange group will fly towards the area with the largest concentration of rioters where the platform will suddenly stop while the gargoyles spread around to find group of rioters.

Once they located a group they will make a hole in the white projectiles with their claws and then drop them on them. These contain a powerful sleeping gas which can cause the subjects to fall unconscious just by breathing in a very small amount.

Once they done this and the rioters started to scatter a bit, they will suddenly procede to swoop down and grab sleeping or running rioters and lift them up to drop them in the now cushioned platform which now serves as a temporary prison.

People might still be injured of course, but the gargoyles (and their masters) don't care much about such low-lives so they will continue like nothing have happened.

Rioters that attempt to harm the gargoyles will find them very resistant to any standard weapons such as stones and stabbing weapons. But attacking their wings might cause them to lose their flight and most guns will be able to pierce their stone-like hide.

The rioters that end up in the platform will find themselves to be surrounded by an blue six meter tall wall seemingly made of pure energy with spikes at the top.

Meanwhile the group on the ground starts to move towards Exbourne manor to provide help.

3. - Top - End - #363

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Billie's Party Boat

Since Billie's never met Fade before, it doesn't matter to her that he's smiling.

"That's right. So go pass out the booze! Make sure everyone is partying!" she says.
    Billie's Party Boat

"Good to know." Fade says grining.

Then he heads for the thugs he gathered around.

"Listen! This boy just told me that Dionysus will only come when all are drunk or celebrating." he waits a moment before continuing.
    "So let's start this and he will never come to stop us. Kill everyone celebrating or drunk until they flee in panic."

With that Fade turns around to Billie.

"I leave you alive for now since you served me well."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #364

[Malechenar - Fourth Tower Compound]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    "...of course." Enu accepts the paper and will through it very carefully before signing anything. Unless it's blank of course, in that case he just signs it.

As Enu reaches for the paper, Mercutio pulls it out of his reach. "Ah ah ah." He says with a thin smile. "I don't think so. What good is the insurance of a mere child? You're expendable, Mr. Enu, let's not play games and deny it. If your masters decide not to hold up the contract, they won't blink at damning your soul. Don't insult me after dragging me all this way." The devil turns his attention on the female robed figure standing behind Enu, beckoning her forward. "You will sign."
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

On the Way to Exbourne Manor

Thenadier had had enough. He now knew that a god, Dionysus had poisoned the water supply with some foul thing that made the people rebellious. Thenadier strode through inside, his top hat, tattered black trenchcoat, and cane making him look like some kind of Jack the Ripper. He'll limp his way through Riverside's Alleyways, sending his fierce looks over at any who would bother the Ex-Haloite, Ex-Inspector. His frightening face and clothes make sure most stay away from the man. However, quite a few people still threaten him with broken bottles, and one little kid filched his watch. Thenadier was just trying to find somewhere for shelter, and happened to arrive at Exbourne Manor! He'll attempt to go knock on the doors.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

"I agree, but for the time being I'm more concerned with restoring some order." Durin turns from the others toward his Enforcers. "Get back to your squads. You five, stay with me." He orders.

The drowpire returns his attention to the others there, waiting to see if there's any reason for furhter delay.

Thenadier should note the fairly large number of people still in front of the manor, even if the crowd is gone. Also, there is a fence and closes gate surrounding the manor.

[Exbourne Manor - Eadelain's Room]

"Aw..." Cynthia regretfully puts the box down with the others. So much for that.

As for Eadelian's question, she looks a bit puzzled. "Um, I'm Cynthia? I'm a demon and... stuff?" She's not sure how to answer such a broad question.

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia grins and put her hand over Irena's hand on her chest. "That's a good answer." She giggles and tries to give her a brief kiss.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-09-03 at 04:47 PM.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Dwarf in the Playground

Exbourne Manor - Eadelain's Room

"What's your story? You certainly don't act like a demon. How did you end up here?" Is Cynthia really a demon? Eadelain always figured that she might have had some demon blood, or something... but could Cynthia be a full demon? That seems most unlikely.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

"...What's a demon supposed to act like?" Cynthia asks. She's just acting like herself, so she's not sure what that's supposed to mean. "Well I grew up in this big underground place with fire and lava and rocks and water and all kinds of stuff. No trees or plants, though. People around here call it Hell, but there's all kinds of names for it. I came here because the master told me to meet Astrana and then he'd tell me what I was supposed to do. He never did though."

9. - Top - End - #369
    Orc in the Playground

Eastside Thugs- Day 8

The two thri-kreen likely won't get involved in an orgy; these smooth-skins are absolutely hideous. Although, if a female thri-kreen turned up, they might still say no. They are, after all, also known as 'Mantis Warriors'. Instead, they'll gain pleasure through criminal damage, vandalism, assault, theft and arson.

Exbourne Manor- Outside, Day 8

Inspector Thenadier may note a very large number of skeletal monkeys with crossbows surrounding the crowds. Should the crowd do more than simply sit and throw stones and started trying to break through the Enforcers into the Manor, they have crossbows and sleep darts ready to use on the crowd.

Riverside Temple- Outside, Day 8

A group of ten tried to force the door of the Temple, unaware of its nature and magical wards. When they succeeded, three were severely burnt by discharging trap-glyphs, and a fourth had minor burns but walked away. The fifth was a dwarf who managed to find a bucket of water before his burning beard reached his chin, before fleeing with the rest, leaving those that could no longer walk behind.

Omid and Defelent brought the three into the Temple, Omid casting a spell to put them to sleep whilst Defelent healed their wounds and put them in guest rooms to sleep off Omid's prayer. ((Hope this is allowed; if not, ignore this part of the post.))
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

Exbourne Manor

Thenadier merely nods solemnly at the skeleton monkeys, a silent ask for passage. The man will still attempt to walk past the crowd, brutally knocking away a drunk man as he steps through the crowd. He'll walk to the door, adjust his muttonchops and knock on the door with his silver-tipped cane.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Dwarf in the Playground

"That's curious. Who is your master? Would you mind talking about him?" This notion is odd to Eadelain. Did this master up and die? Did he simply forget? IS he still waiting, not working on the mortal timetable? Was he simply trying to get rid of Cynthia?

That last one doesn't make sense. Cynthia is plenty useful under the right circumstances.

...If you think of it from an evil, scheming, dehumanizing point of view, of course. Cynthia is a person and should be respected as such.

12. - Top - End - #372

[Exbourne Manor]

"So who is going to punish a god, you? What exactly would your punishment be? From what I have seen, his followers have caused at least as much as damage as himself." The pit lord demands.

[Malechenar]

Astrana opens up the door to the room which appear to be fairly luxurious with a (single) curtained bed, a bathtub not far away from the bed along with a small table and two chairs.

There is even a balcony outside their window and cupboard which if Valente decides to look inside it, is filled with various exotic liquors, including blood (thought it might not be human) a type of green goo and a clear liquid with some kind of embalmed creature sitting in the bottom of the bottle.

[Suncrest Manor]

"Though I guess a bit larger couldn't hurt..." Irena suddenly teases Nadia with a grin once they kissed.

[Malechenar - Fourth Tower Compound]

"What? No! This is outrageous. I-" Enu starts, sounding rather upset at the devil's sudden shift before the woman raises her hand to silence him.

"Quiet Enu, let me speak." She declares while staring at the devil from underneath her hood.

"But I-"
    "Enough! The woman exclaims which finally causes the summoner to go quiet, his pride taking quite the blow.

I believe you rather want the boy as most of my soul is already signed away to various entities. When I die whatever is left of me will be quickly devoured by various hungry demons and other entities. I'm already damned, just like every higher ranking member of our organization. I started off just like Enu after all." She calmly explains to Mercutio.

[Underneath Malechenar]

Michalson will note that there aren't any entrances into the castle unless he decides to either enter through the main entrance right underneath the castle or attempt to climb through one of the castles many windows. There are also a few balconies located at the higher floors.

Beyond these balconies there really isn't any good place to land unless, like he's doing right now, sitting perched just above one of the windows.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

"This is neither the time nor place for such a discussion,"
    Elizabeth says. "We need to keep the city safe until it all blows over." She turns to the Hunters behind her. "Everyone, to Eastside. Things are pretty bad over there."
    The band of Hunters moves out in the direction of Eastside.

[Underneath Malechenar]

Michalson decides to try one of the balconies and soars there quietly. The spell will last for a while, which should give him plenty of time to gain entry.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

As mentioned in my earlier post, the crowd is gone. There's just Tenebras Enforcers, members of Democracy Now, and peoples' individual characters remaining. Also, Thenadier will not be able to get to the manor. Also previously mentioned, there is a tall fence around the entire mansion and the gate is shut and locked. Also, those that are still here are standing pretty much directly in front of that gate.

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia gives Irena a playful shove and gets to her feet. "So if you're too tired for anything fun, or putting those cameras up I guess, what are we going to do with ourselves?" Nadia is surprisingly full of energy. Who would've thought a scorpion sting couldn't turned out to be a good thing.

[Malechenar]

Valente whistles. "This is nice." The vampire goes poking around to see what there is to be seen. Fancy bed and tub, drinks, a balcony; He's never stayed somewhere so high class.

"His name's Nabrius. He pretty much owns the part of Hell I came from. Every so often he comes out of his private room to drag someone in or boss someone around. Most of the time he left us alone, though." Cynthia says.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm.

"He told you to go to Astrana, and never got back to you? How long has it been? A year?"

If it's only been a year, the demon might just still be waiting. Or it might have just decided that this isn't worth his trouble.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

"Um... probbaly almost that long." Cynthia hasn't been keeping track honestly. "Astrana would know exactly."

17. - Top - End - #377
    Dwarf in the Playground

"How long have you... existed? Has it been not much longer then you've been here, or..."

If Cynthia has been around for a long time... then she would need to be mentally incapable of advancing. Or if she's young, then maybe she could mature yet.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

"I think eleven years. It's hard to tell exactly how much time is passing down there, but last time I tried to figure it out that's what it was." Cynthia appears to be a bit behind her actual age physically, but mentally is close enough.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Have you been growing in that time? I hope so."

If she is, that might be nice, since maybe someday she'll grow up. She might be able to supply some real conversation in the future.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, of course. I was a baby like everyone else and then I grew up this much, and I'll grow up more still." Cynthia says. What a silly question.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Dwarf in the Playground

"That's good. I guess as long as you keep getting older..."

Eadelain gets up and walks over to the mirror.

She looks at herself in it, as if she's not sure what she's looking at.

"I don't look anything like what I think I do. I feel like I'm... I don't know."

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

Cynthia stands and moves to Eadelain's side. "You feel old or something?" She questions, not really understanding. "Cuz you kinda act old too."

23. - Top - End - #383
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I guess I do feel... different. How old do I act? I wonder how old I'm supposed to be."

If Cynthia is paying attention, she might notice that Eadelain's shadow is larger than it should be.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dio-Day Alley

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Dio-Day Alley

Scooter is delighted to suddenly receive the gift of a new hatchet. At least that's what one might think by his screaming in joy, gurgling in happiness, and falling to the ground in rapture. Perhaps he's eager to go and show off the new hatchet, since he seems to be on his way to meet his maker.

Galiana backs away, looking for an escape that isn't there. Her sword arm has been bleeding all this time, from the first blow, and she's starting to feel the effects.

What calmly lifts his hook sword up off the ground. He approaches the survivor of such an unlucky coupling, feints again, and then lunges!

Not at Galiana, though. At the fallen hook sword, oddly enough. Looks like he wants to finish her off nice and proper-like, with both weapons held firmly in his black glove hands of awfulness.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't know. You just act older. People act older or younger all the time, right?" Cynthia scratches the back of her head. The shadow is a bit too subtle a detail for the demon to notice.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Troll in the Playground

Dio-Day Alley

Galiana continues backing away till she finds a door that opens onto the alley. She tries it desperately, but it's locked. "Please don't hurt me. Just let me go. I won't tell anyone about Scooter..."

Oh right, that'll work.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #387
    Dwarf in the Playground

"How am I supposed to be acting? Am I supposed to feel... I don't know. I don't know. I feel like... I don't know! I don't kn...ow"

She holds her hand up to her head.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Cynthia looks at Eadelain with obvious concern. "Eadelain? Are you okay?" Something's definitely wrong here.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [A Location In Northside]

Samona chuckles, not at all bothered by Ghoul's application of wit. "Good, follow me." Samona turns on her heel and starts walking down the street. She isn't taking any particular care to keep out of view just yet.

"It turns out, there are a number of circles that serve as transportation to Malechenar. Recently we discovered where one of these portals are. We're taking care to ensure that our mark isn't anywhere near the circle they came out of when we find them, however. We'd like to keep that knowledge a secret so they don't close it or move it."
    Hands in her pockets, Ghoul followed alongside Samona with only the occasional utterance indicating she understood when necessary. It might be considered a surprise but a pair of people minding their own business usually drew less attention than a single person, especially when the both of them were engaged in some mundane action. Like talking, for one. The fact that it allowed each person to 'face' the other and have nearly a full range of vision was tactically advantageous as well. And, of course, pairs were better at dealing with ambushes and the like.

One thing was nagging at her, however.. "Mark? Have someone in particular in mind?" the muse asked. That sort of information would be considered rather vital, after all.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Location In Northside]

"Not per se. We have picked up on a loose schedule, but with shape shifters in their ranks, you never know for certain." Samona stops just after turning an intersaction. She stands in a dark shadow and nods toward a nearby building. They've arrived. Now to wait for someone to emerge.