New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside X

[Suncrest Manor]

"You could always set up the cameras while I relax here in the coach." Irena suggests with a goofy grin. "You're the expert after all, right?"

[Malechenar]

"Definitely an upgrade from the hotel." Astrana agrees as she decides to instead of looking around in the rest of the room like Valente, lift up the doormat. Underneath it a tree with many branches have been carved into the floor. She doesn't comment this however, just making a note that it's there before putting back the doormat and turning to the bed. "Guess we will be sharing a bed too."

[Underneath Malechenar]

The shadowcaster will manage to land there safely. If he looks inside the window he will see that the room on the other side looks to be some sort of baby room with a large crib in the middle of it, surrounded by white semi-transparent curtains. There don't appear to be anyone inside as far as he can see, but the door is locked.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-09-04 at 07:48 AM.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"Oh really? And how am I supposed to know where to put them?" Nadia bends over and tries to grab Irena's wrists. "I'll put them up, but you're not just sitting around when I do." The lampades pulls and tries to drag Irena to her feet.

[Malechenar]

"Ah yeah, looks that way." Valente glances toward the bed. He'd have thought that by now sharing a bed with a woman wouldn't make him so nervous, but it seems that's not the case. "You don't mind, do you?"

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

[Underneath Malechenar]

Michalson will look for any suitable shadows on the balcony and inside the room. If he finds some - they don't really need to be big, but they need to be noticeable - he will try to shadow-jump into the room.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #394

[Suncrest Manor]

Irena is slowly dragged up from the coach and stretches her arms once she's all the way up. "Mmm... so what am I supposed to do then? Look at you while you do it? Not that I mind looking at you from below..."

[Malechenar]

"It's alright." Astrana replies without real conviction, not even looking at him. "I guess you're going to stay here for a while huh?"

[Underneath Malechenar]

The sky above the castle is grey, and have been every day ever since it arrived here. There are still weak shadows created by the balcony that the shadowcaster may use. Once he shifts inside the room however he might be able to hear something shift inside the crib and a childish voice saying nonsense.

[A Location In Northside]

After a while the two can see two figures, one woman and one man exit the building. They are both dressed conventionally by modern standards and don't really have any notable aspects about them. They just seem to be two friends talking to each other quietly as they quickly leave the building.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"Well you had some plans for where to put them." Nadia gives Irena a skeptical look. "Right?" Maybe it's a good thing she's doing this instead.

[Malechenar]

"Well, yeah. I can still get out and all, I just have to be careful. I guess we'll see exactly what I'm going to have to do from day to day." Valente says.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

[Malechenar, Baby Room]

Crap, crap, crap, crap. Michalson thought this room was empty. If the baby starts crying, someone will show up. He needs to give this place the laught, quick. He tries to open the door and slip outside.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #397

[Malechenar, Baby Room]

Michalson can easily open the door from the inside while the baby continues swat at the mobile which have been set up just above the crib, mumbling more baby nonsense.

[Suncrest Manor]

"Yeah, of course I had. But otherwise it would just be me looking at you installing those things, right?" Irena questions with a wide smile.

[Malechenar]

Astrana sigh and sit down on the bed. "If I'm going to be honest, do you think we ever can go back to the way it was before again? After all this time looking to free you... I have no idea what to do with you now since every time I look at you, I see her." The tiefling declares.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-09-04 at 10:26 AM.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"Well I guess you can just stare at my butt when you're not helping me decide where to place them." Nadia says with a smirk.

[Malechenar]

Valente sits on the bed next to her. He hesitates, but then puts his arm around her waist if she'll allow it. "I'm sorry. I know I hurt you, and I'll do whatever I can to fix this." He couldn't feel more guilty for what happened.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

[Malechenar, Baby Room]

Michalson tries to cast a sleep spell on the baby to get it to, well, sleep. Only for a while necessary for him to get out of there.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Riverside Riots]

This had gone on too far, if the city itself wasn't going to do anything about this disgrace, the castle had to provide help with that.

The platform underneath the castle descends to the ground filled with a group of hooded people. As they step off the platform a large fence suddenly raises up as the platform raises to the skies again.

Then the gargoyles which have sat perched on the parapets of the castle start to move. They fly down to the group on the ground and take large white ball-shaped objects in their claws and then take to the skies again, followed by the flying platform.

The strange group will fly towards the area with the largest concentration of rioters where the platform will suddenly stop while the gargoyles spread around to find group of rioters.

Once they located a group they will make a hole in the white projectiles with their claws and then drop them on them. These contain a powerful sleeping gas which can cause the subjects to fall unconscious just by breathing in a very small amount.

Once they done this and the rioters started to scatter a bit, they will suddenly proceed to swoop down and grab sleeping or running rioters and lift them up to drop them in the now cushioned platform which now serves as a temporary prison.

People might still be injured of course, but the gargoyles (and their masters) don't care much about such low-lives so they will continue like nothing have happened.

Rioters that attempt to harm the gargoyles will find them very resistant to any standard weapons such as stones and stabbing weapons. But attacking their wings might cause them to lose their flight and most guns will be able to pierce their stone-like hide.

The rioters that end up in the platform will find themselves to be surrounded by an blue six meter tall wall seemingly made of pure energy with spikes at the top.

Meanwhile the group on the ground starts to move towards Exbourne manor to provide help.

Northside Rioters

The gargoyles will come across a fairly large and violent group of rioters within mere moments of leaving their floating castle, as it appears that the musicians on every corner have finally sparked something within the population that has built into an avalanche of activity within mere hours of their appearing. The crazed people have gone from store to store, smashing windows and stealing anything they can securely wield, but they don't seem to be harming the shop owners. In fact, several of the shops they looted contained people itching to join them in their wanton path of destruction. Once everyone is armed with makeshift tools of war, they begin to gather in the largest open space they can find, with fey trickling in from the surrounding area.

And then the music changes its tune from jaunty and upbeat to tribal and low, thumping through the veins of those assembled.

And at that cue, all those assembled raise their clubs, spears, and shields to go to war. With no clearly defined sides, they charge one another with reckless abandon, battle cries ripping from throats unused to such abuse as they pummel and thrust and bash and as the bodies fall, pixies take flight from the shoulders of the violently swaying cloaked fey and begin pulling aside the wounded so that they aren't trampled by their careless opponents.

This is the scene the gargoyles might descend upon, and as the balls of sleeping gas descend the musicians reach into pouches hanging from their robes and pull free small oxygen tanks that they quickly strap to their faces. They begin playing their normal jaunty tunes, and slip away through the allies they came from, intending to become lost in the confusion.

The normal rioters aren't so lucky. Without masks, many quickly succumb to the gas, but many more are so enraged by this assault that the adrenaline in their veins keeps them moving beyond the point of reason. When the gargoyles get close to pick up the fallen, those still standing will try to swarm around them with sticks and metal poles, shoving and whacking without heeding how effective their blows may be. Now that this mob has a unified purpose in driving off the sinister looking golems, it's going to keep fighting until the last of them drop from the gas or their own exhaustion.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Billie's Party Boat

"Good to know." Fade says grining.

Then he heads for the thugs he gathered around.

"Listen! This boy just told me that Dionysus will only come when all are drunk or celebrating." he waits a moment before continuing.
    "So let's start this and he will never come to stop us. Kill everyone celebrating or drunk until they flee in panic."

With that Fade turns around to Billie.

"I leave you alive for now since you served me well."

Billie's Boat

Without warning, Billie may find a pair of bronze wrought pine-cone earrings in her left hand, and an urge to slip them on at the first chance she gets. They reek of Dionysus' influence, and they still feel warm from his touch.

At nearly the same instant, the thugs on shore that Fade had been commanding up until this point begin to vomit uncontrollably. The river water that had corrupted their minds begins forcefully expelling itself from their bodies, and as the first one rises the madness is gone from his eyes.

A voice calls out from a nearby fey musician, one not entirely her own. The nymph lowers her hood with a twinkling look in her eyes that Billie will almost certainly recognize, "Normally I would not be averse to a little unhealthy competition, but in this case I have obligations that must come first. I'm taking away your toys young man, and you should remember this lesson. Never try to spit a man on his own sword before sharpening your own." All of the thugs that Fade has rallied under his banner of killing and looting have had Dionysus' influence removed from them. With their minds returned to normal, it's extremely unlikely that they'll be convinced to murder anyone, and many of them look like they're ready to just slink home and sleep this off like a bad hangover.

The nymph who spoke with Dio's voice has pulled her hood back up and begins to sing a wordless tune in her own voice once again, not visibly shaken by her god hijacking her vocal chords for a moment.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Eastside Thugs- Day 8

The two thri-kreen likely won't get involved in an orgy; these smooth-skins are absolutely hideous. Although, if a female thri-kreen turned up, they might still say no. They are, after all, also known as 'Mantis Warriors'. Instead, they'll gain pleasure through criminal damage, vandalism, assault, theft and arson.

Exbourne Manor- Outside, Day 8

Inspector Thenadier may note a very large number of skeletal monkeys with crossbows surrounding the crowds. Should the crowd do more than simply sit and throw stones and started trying to break through the Enforcers into the Manor, they have crossbows and sleep darts ready to use on the crowd.

Riverside Temple of Dalachrech- Outside, Day 8

A group of ten tried to force the door of the Temple, unaware of its nature and magical wards. When they succeeded, three were severely burnt by discharging trap-glyphs, and a fourth had minor burns but walked away. The fifth was a dwarf who managed to find a bucket of water before his burning beard reached his chin, before fleeing with the rest, leaving those that could no longer walk behind.

Omid and Defelent brought the three into the Temple, Omid casting a spell to put them to sleep whilst Defelent healed their wounds and put them in guest rooms to sleep off Omid's prayer. ((Hope this is allowed; if not, ignore this part of the post.))

Riverside Temple - Outside

The three are easily carried inside, although outside the temple a few of the musicians move closer to its walls, and begin changing their own tunes to a slow, mournful dirge. They don't attempt to interfere, they simply watch and play, never resting their fingers and lungs for as long as the three remain inside. If they're watched, those inside will see that after a few hours new players replace the old ones one at a time, to keep them fresh.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Eastside- Day Five

Francium wanders.

For the last full day he's been on his feet, following the flow of the crowd this way and that in the hopes of finding what all this stems from. To that end he's found little, except the name Dionysus, a name shouted, toasted and praised to no end, but other things have been discovered along the way.

Things like drink. It was inevitable in such an event that Francium would sooner or later be spotted as sober and have drink pressed upon him, an offer he unwittingly accepted. Just one drink. And then the next. Another after that, and, as by now his rather incredible talent for resisting the effects of alcohol had been spotted, several more after that as part of a friendly contest.

So by the time we return to him, one day later, it would be quite accurate to say Francium has ingested enough of the godly-magicked brew to kill a lesser man. His movements carry with them that distinctive, dis-co-ordinated swagger, his eyes equal parts bleary and wild, his natural tendency towards silence serving well, as it's unlikely he could string a sentence together with any degree of coherence.

Eastside- Day Seven

For the past week, things having taken a turn with which the Telasurian ministry highly disagrees; People drinking, partying, fornicating in the streets, men and women more than half-mad with liquor doing things they never would dream of sober, sheer jubilant madness gripping the city, most of all here in Eastside, most retched of all the districts.

Even hollowed ground seems no longer sacred, three attacks in the last day alone committed upon clergy who 'dared' interupt drunken revelers from attempting all manner of sins within the very temple itself. It is all simply too much. So for the first time since it was founded, the high cathedral of Telasure closes it's doors, until this lunatic storm has passed.

Brody's Bashers - Francium

Francium's luck may just hold, good or bad as it has proven to be, for as he is swaggering down the street the head of a crowd of people turns the corner before his eyes, hefting a sack over one shoulder and lumbering along in an intimidating fashion. Brody, the red-bearded dock worker who's made quite a name for himself in the past week in the Eastside underground. Pegged as a regular Robin Hood, he and whoever he can get to follow him around have been pillaging and looting just like everyone else and their dog. The difference is, no matter how bad things get, Brody has always convinced the people with him to help out those in need. The food he stole went to homeless shelters, and he'd gone into burning buildings on the off chance there was still anyone inside.

Behind him is a full crew of bruisers and miscreants, on their way to their next target of opportunity no doubt. On seeing Francium, they begin to fan out as if they wanted to flank him, but Brody holds up a cautioning hand and they stop.

"You alright fella?"

Telasurian Cathedral - Day 8, Nightfall

Though the barring of doors has caused many of the less determined rioters to leave the cathedral be in the coming days, some hates run deeper than any rational thought. And so it comes to be that late on the eighth night, a man named Markus stumbles alone and drunk up to the facade, resting his head against the cool stone that he has come to loathe so dearly. The walls that took his wife from him. The walls that ensured he would never see his daughter again.

He had visited her grave to steel his resolve, remind himself of what the whore had done to his little angel after winning custody. Remind himself of the state he saw her in when he was called into the morgue. Brody could preach peace and understanding, but he wouldn't understand the scum of the world if it was shoved into his face. He wouldn't know the sickness that had captured this city until it had been cleansed.

Markus could feel the fever in his veins, fueling his anger in ways the medication was supposed to suppress, if he'd been taking it faithfully. Anti-psychotics, sedatives, and what he suspected was a great deal of placebos; all of it to make him a functioning member of society. To make him stop speaking out against Telasure before he was silenced in a more permanent manner.

It was not the fault of the church that his wife turned out to be a zealot and a harlot who would abandon his only child to the streets after wresting custody from him through wicked lies. He could have almost believed it, and for a while the drink convinced him that his suspicions were the voice of madness in his ears.

But not now. The sweat pouring down his neck barely cools the bright red flush on his skin as he fumbles with the clasp on the scroll. Every cent he'd earned since that day that didn't go to any number of expenses, from his overpriced medication to his own upkeep, has gone into this. The auction was very exclusive, and his appearance ruffled more than a few feathers, but he knew the history of the items they sold better than anyone else, and knew exactly what to bid on when it came up to the block.

He could have rallied any number of like-minded people, could have bought a sufficient supply of gasoline and torches and just blamed the entire thing on the riots you could hear from every corner of the city, but he didn't want to. The blame was his, and gas would never burn hot enough to satisfy him.

Only the fires of the elemental plane could be so hot.

Once the seal is broken, the words are tumbling from his lips in a hissing, spitting wave of vitriol before his eyes even touch on the cracked, dry vellum in his hands. Sounds impossible for a human mouth to carry are dealt with by a wrenching crack that unhinges his jaw, leaving it dangling to one side as his eyes water in pain. He is unable to try out even as his veins stand out in stark relief against his skin, bright orange lines of liquid fire pumping through his heart with every beat. The words take away his voice as his lungs begin forcing sulfur and ash through his lips, but the sound now suffuses the air around him, crackling and setting alight the cool darkness of midnight.

One last rattling breath wracks his form with shudders as he grows quiet and still for a moment, the flames that have spread to his hair, eyes and tongue dimming for a few heartbeats. Then a sound like rolling thunder wheezes out from between his parched and bleeding lips, and behind it anarchy rides.

Immediately after the last syllable of the spell is spoken, his body immolates as the pact is complete. Dancing sprites in the form of nude women crafted entirely from partly-cooled lava wink into existence and begin frolicking along the grass, setting ablaze everything in their wake with rivers of flowing, rolling muck that clings to every surface like a film of burning oil. Once they've completed a full circuit around the cathedral, they turn to the building with a wink and a blown kiss that sets the air ablaze with fluttering, flaming hearts. Then one by one, they collapse into piles of ash and dust.

And then the ground begins to rumble and quake within the circle of fire the elementals have left behind. For a few moments, it seems that whatever they've done will subside and peter out as the flames gutter and flicker in the light rain, but then the earth rends itself in two, shifting vertically as lava pours forth from the breach. The portal to the elemental plane of fire works quickly to cover everything within its boundaries in its element, setting the air ablaze and turning the ground into a radiant swampy morass of liquid obsidian that laps at the stone foundations of the cathedral.

And hovering above the lake of lava sit two motes of light, dwarfed by the radiance below and dancing in the nonexistent sockets of the man who has struck the first blow against the church of Telasure. From beyond his fiery torment, Markus watches the dearly loathed stones of the cathedral burn.

((Cutscened by TE's request, and with his permission.))

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Exbourne Manor]

As mentioned in my earlier post, the crowd is gone. There's just Tenebras Enforcers, members of Democracy Now, and peoples' individual characters remaining. Also, Thenadier will not be able to get to the manor. Also previously mentioned, there is a tall fence around the entire mansion and the gate is shut and locked. Also, those that are still here are standing pretty much directly in front of that gate.

Exbourne Manor

There is another who approaches the manor's gate besides the good inspector, clad in a light purple toga with green vine brocade that marks him as a true follower of Dionysus, and not merely another fighter. He is an ancient-looking satyr that Cosiellio can recognize easily as Silenus, Dionysus' constant companion throughout his romps and revels. In one hand, he holds a gilded scroll which he twirls from finger to finger with great skill.

Spotting the drowpire who seems to represent the Tenebras police force, Silenus stops a good distance from the crowd, and tosses the message through the air to him with a respectful nod before turning to leave. It seems he's only here to deliver the message, and does not expect to be detained for so simple a task.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

Durin catches the note with ease and glares at the satyr. He thrusts it into the hands of the man next to him. Said man looks somewhat fearful, but a hard look from Durin has him opening it and reading the first couple lines. Satisfied that the risk of it being a trap has been reduced enough, the drowpire takes it back and reads it in full.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

Billie's Boat

Billie slips the earrings on, and grins. "Thanks, Dio." she says, and then tries to punch Fade hard in the gut, to try and push him off the boat and into the water.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

Exbourne

The Inspector notices the foul cultist of drink and freedom. In Thenadier's opinion, those cultists are a true evil. He'll head to the cultist, cane clacking, coat trailing behind, and gray eyes glaring. You! Foul cultist!

14. - Top - End - #404

[Billie's Boat]

A nondescript man is standing at the river near the boat, watching Fade with what appears to be a lack of interest.

15. - Top - End - #405

[Billie's Boat]

As Billie tries to hit Fade his shadow animates and blocks his hit. Looking like a woman Billie might never met.
    Fade in this time looks at the person the voice came from. His eyes change into a blue color, since his forethought plan seems to go better than he hoped.

"Oh. I thought you lead there wrath against me, not that you just leave them. Either way I have a plan B, which means I did sharp my own sword. I let you pay for what you did."

Fade holds up his hand. balls in five different colors come out of them aiming at the bridge he was before. After a moment a portal appears on the bridge (I assume the boat isn't really moving fast due to the full river). Out of this portal jump human sized creatue. But there body is made of metal. These creatures look like living metal skeletons with heads like a bird and sharp claws on hands and feets. They start attacking those who onviously belong to Dio. The man free from his essence et ignored for now.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

16. - Top - End - #406
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor - Eadelain's Room]

Cynthia looks at Eadelain with obvious concern. "Eadelain? Are you okay?" Something's definitely wrong here.
    "Just got too excited and agitated my headache. Besides that... I feel like something is wrong, but I don't know what. I don't know whether life is wrong, or if I'm wrong, or if maybe I'm wrong about anything being wrong. Maybe this is just how things are supposed to be, and I can't accept it."

She leans back, on a wall. "I don't know. And... it bugs me. It feels like I should know."

17. - Top - End - #407

[Suncrest Manor]

"And that was my cunning plan all along." Irena says with an amused grin. "Maybe you should wear a work-skirt to give me a better view?"

[Malechenar]

The warlock is silent for a while. "...I don't know what you could do honestly Valente." She replies. "Maybe we just have to wait? I just don't know what to feel towards you right now."

[Malechenar, Baby Room]

The baby instantly falls asleep sparing Michalson of the embarrassment of being thwarted by a baby. Potentially giving it's patents a quiet evening for once.

[Northside Rioters]

The gargoyles quickly swoop down against the rioters and drop the gas bomb, expecting the rioters to at least scatter. So as they descend upon them they are taken by surprise by the high level of resistance.

The rioters choice of weapons aren't all that effective against the creatures thought skins however. So even if they managed to hurt a few of them, they don't quite manage to bring them down to the ground. The wounded gargoyles take refugee to the rooftops while the others continue their tasks, now with increased caution.

The next wave won't take nearly as much as damage as the rioters now lose the moment of surprise and the gas starting to take effect. The gargoyles won't stop with their tasks, despite taking more injuries until the rioters have either completely scattered or all been captured.

Their tactic is to mainly focus on the lone targets before slowly starting to focus on larger groups by having several swooping down in two or more at the same time. They are well-coordinated and seem to have someone directing them from above, easily finding and trying to scatter their targets.

All rioters that are captured will be, as earlier noted, dropped on the platform.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-09-04 at 03:10 PM.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

[Malechenar, Baby Room]

Michalson tries to slip outside the room and see what the area looks like. Hopefully one of his targets is nearby.

19. - Top - End - #409

Eastside

"Fine, fine? 'm better'n fine, I'm on top of the world!" Francium's face breaks into an intoxicated grin as the gang approaches, instinctively shifting his weight and edging his feet into a defensive stance, hands curled into heavy fists. At six foot three I wouldn't be surprised if he's taller than any human in the nearby crowd, and everything about him has the look of a trained soldier. Not the kind you'd want against you in a fight. "An if, if you're 'ere to fight me, 'n bring it on, I can crush everyone onna y'all!"
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple- Day 8

About an hour after they entered the Temple, the three people leave, looking a bit sleepy and disorientated but otherwise fine. One even has a new pair of trousers to replace the ones burnt off by the blasting-glyph. They have scorched hair, missing eyebrows and their clothing has holes burnt into it and one is barefoot as his plastic trainers melted, but they are all uninjured. Any of the fey which saw them after the glyph went off would know how badly the injuries were; modern hospitals can have difficulty with large areas of burnt skin and always leave scars, but these three are all completely fine. One has even had their nose straightened to repair the damage from its breaking several years ago.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

21. - Top - End - #411

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Jane reaches into a pouch on her pants and pulls a small bag out. She reaches into the bag and pulls several steel balls from it. They roll from her hand towards where the wires are. They should temporarily overload the alarm system in that room.

Aegidus Manor

The wiring shorts, but it's very high quality equipment and has redundant backups that begin to power on as the main system flickers out. Jane has a few second window that she could slip through the net as it waits to verify that it is an actual shutdown and not just a temporary power flicker, but if she hesitates she'll have wasted those gadgets of hers, assuming they function as a burst rather than a constant suppression.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Billie's Boat

Billie slips the earrings on, and grins. "Thanks, Dio." she says, and then tries to punch Fade hard in the gut, to try and push him off the boat and into the water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Billie's Boat]

As Billie tries to hit Fade his shadow animates and blocks his hit. Looking like a woman Billie might never met.
    Fade in this time looks at the person the voice came from. His eyes change into a blue color, since his forethought plan seems to go better than he hoped.

"Oh. I thought you lead there wrath against me, not that you just leave them. Either way I have a plan B, which means I did sharp my own sword. I let you pay for what you did."

Fade holds up his hand. balls in five different colors come out of them aiming at the bridge he was before. After a moment a portal appears on the bridge (I assume the boat isn't really moving fast due to the full river). Out of this portal jump human sized creatue. But there body is made of metal. These creatures look like living metal skeletons with heads like a bird and sharp claws on hands and feets. They start attacking those who onviously belong to Dio. The man free from his essence et ignored for now.

Billie's Boat

Leap from the boat, and I will ferry you to safety. Dio's voice hums in Billie's ears as soon as she puts on the earrings. He is calm and cool, and Billie should be able to feel his arms around her for a moment before the sensation fades.

From up and around the bridge, vines rocket up out of the river in a shower of spray and attempt to wrap around the metal things that Fade has summoned. Where they touch, metal should rust and crumble into dirt that quickly blows away on the breeze as the god is attempting to naturalize these mechanical creatures.

At the same time, Dio's influence on Fade attempts to remove itself from him the same way it did from all those thugs. Fade should find a good amount of slimy water trying to crawl up his throat and out of his mouth.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Northside Rioters]

The gargoyles quickly swoop down against the rioters and drop the gas bomb, expecting the rioters to at least scatter. So as they descend upon them they are taken by surprise by the high level of resistance.

The rioters choice of weapons aren't all that effective against the creatures thought skins however. So even if they managed to hurt a few of them, they don't quite manage to bring them down to the ground. The wounded gargoyles take refugee to the rooftops while the others continue their tasks, now with increased caution.

The next wave won't take nearly as much as damage as the rioters now lose the moment of surprise and the gas starting to take effect. The gargoyles won't stop with their tasks, despite taking more injuries until the rioters have either completely scattered or all been captured.

Their tactic is to mainly focus on the lone targets before slowly starting to focus on larger groups by having several swooping down in two or more at the same time. They are well-coordinated and seem to have someone directing them from above, easily finding and trying to scatter their targets.

All rioters that are captured will be, as earlier noted, dropped on the platform.

Northside Rioters

With these tactics, it isn't long before the group of two hundred or so rioters are overwhelmed by the smaller number of gargoyles. Still it gave the robed musicians the time they needed to slip away in the confusion. Almost all two hundred can be rounded up after the gas takes full effect on the last few stragglers, assuming there is enough room on the platform to stack them all.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Eastside

"Fine, fine? 'm better'n fine, I'm on top of the world!" Francium's face breaks into an intoxicated grin as the gang approaches, instinctively shifting his weight and edging his feet into a defensive stance, hands curled into heavy fists. At six foot three I wouldn't be surprised if he's taller than any human in the nearby crowd, and everything about him has the look of a trained soldier. Not the kind you'd want against you in a fight. "An if, if you're 'ere to fight me, 'n bring it on, I can crush everyone onna y'all!"

Eastside

Brody shakes his head. The man may be taller than him, but he's also drunk off his ass, and Brody almost certainly has the advantage in terms of muscle mass from long days of hauling freight on the docks and long nights of brawling in seedy taverns. Still, he holds back from the challenge.

"We aren't looking to fight, we just want to share the good times, right guys?" He waves his hand at the people behind him, and they all let out a cheer.

He thumbs the side of his nose as he lets the sack of looted goods drop easily to the ground behind him, "Things aint right around here, so we're making it even and square. If people need stuff to eat, we're gonna give it to them. If they need to heat they're homes, we steal them heaters from people who gouge their customers. If you want to help out then I'd be glad to have you, or if you need help then I'll share what we've got. If all you're looking for is a fight then head north or west from here, and you'll probably find one." That's where all the fights were today, from what his roving band of looters had seen. They tended to avoid the larger pockets of senseless violence since their group did look threatening to those that didn't know them, but every so often they got challenged by the other gangs that were looking to make a name for themselves.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Riverside Temple- Day 8

About an hour after they entered the Temple, the three people leave, looking a bit sleepy and disorientated but otherwise fine. One even has a new pair of trousers to replace the ones burnt off by the blasting-glyph. They have scorched hair, missing eyebrows and their clothing has holes burnt into it and one is barefoot as his plastic trainers melted, but they are all uninjured. Any of the fey which saw them after the glyph went off would know how badly the injuries were; modern hospitals can have difficulty with large areas of burnt skin and always leave scars, but these three are all completely fine. One has even had their nose straightened to repair the damage from its breaking several years ago.

Riverside Temple - Day 8

The musicians, seeing the men released without harm, stop playing altogether for a moment and bow as one to the church before turning and heading off to their separate kegs, starting up the merrier music once more. It seems they're satisfied with what they've seen.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Exbourne

The Inspector notices the foul cultist of drink and freedom. In Thenadier's opinion, those cultists are a true evil. He'll head to the cultist, cane clacking, coat trailing behind, and gray eyes glaring. You! Foul cultist!
    [Exbourne Manor]

Durin catches the note with ease and glares at the satyr. He thrusts it into the hands of the man next to him. Said man looks somewhat fearful, but a hard look from Durin has him opening it and reading the first couple lines. Satisfied that the risk of it being a trap has been reduced enough, the drowpire takes it back and reads it in full.

Exbourne Manor

Silenus clicks his hooves and sticks his tongue out at Thenadier when addressed as a "foul cultist".

"You! Foul Murderer!" And with that eloquent reply, the old demigod of satyrs takes off running. And he is very good at running. With all the alleys to duck into and his amazing speed, it's unlikely the crippled Inspector can keep up a determined chase for long.

The note in Durin's hands reads as follows, I've anticipated retaliation against my followers for my actions, and so I'm delivering this ultimatum to the authorities of Riverside, to be heeded or discarded at your peril. The events that led to my influence over Riverside began with one of my most sacred temples being defiled by the followers of another god. Until I have dealt with these foul rapists, I will not retract my influence. Any action against my followers will bring my ire, and as bad as you may think things are, I can always make them worse. Act against me all you wish, if you think me your enemy, but touch those I hold dear and you will forfeit all right to negotiate with me, and I shall count you among those I hunt. You may respond with demands or threats to any of the players so long as they do not come to harm.

Yours in Revelry
    The Wine God, Dionysus
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-09-04 at 06:11 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Troll in the Playground

Billie's Boat

Billie is more inclined to stay and fight, but with Dio's words, she leaps from the boat at once. Even drunk, she knows that she's no match for the power Fade is throwing around.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"Sorry, darling, but if I'm doing work I'm going to wear my work pants." Nadia looks thoughtful for a moment. "Though, since you're not going to be doing any work, maybe you should... improve morale?" Nadia hooks Irena's neck line in her finger and pulls it nice and low.

[Malechenar]

Valente sighs and lets his arm drop. "I understand." What did he expect anyway? At least she's not saying she wants him out of her life.

Cythnthia frowns. Poor Eadelain. She does what any person would do in this situation! The little demon tries to give Eadelain a hug.

[Exbourne Manor]

Durin reads the letter twice and is left scowling. "With me." Durin walks off, his Enforcers in tow. He's got a plan.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Dwarf in the Playground

Exbourne Manor - Eadelain's Room

Eadelain is hugged.

"Thank you, Cynthia." She hugs back. "I guess we'll just see what happens, huh? Maybe Astrana's latest idea will help."

"Thank you for being my friend."

25. - Top - End - #415

[Suncrest Manor]

She have to pull it pretty low to give Irena even a hint of cleavage.

"Nah, I need to make sure you keep your eyes on the cameras, not my fun bags." Irena replies before sticking out her tongue as she grabs Nadia's hand.

[Malechenar]

"Could try though right? I'm not sure being passive will work out in this case. I'm just not sure what you can do. I can't think of anything." The tiefling replies with a sigh.

[Malechenar, Living Room]

Outside the room he finds himself in some sort of living room, in a green coach a dark skinned young woman dressed in a simple white dress is sleeping. The dress is stained with milk and other liquids and the rest of the room is a mess. Looks like she might have collapsed from exhaustion.

There is another door which seem to lead out to the corridor if Michalson have any desire to go there. Or maybe he should kill this woman in case she might be one of his intended victims.

Northside Rioters

The platform should be just large enough, which have caused a lot of the rioters to land on each other as the gargoyles dropped them down. It's extremely tight too, the rioters have basically no space to move at all and likely will end up hurting each other.

The gargoyles don't care very much though as the platform flies back towards Malechenar to unload the rioters for 'interrogation'.

Meanwhile the gargoyles start to scout the rest of the city for more places where they might be needed.

26. - Top - End - #416

Dio-Day Alley

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Dio-Day Alley

Galiana continues backing away till she finds a door that opens onto the alley. She tries it desperately, but it's locked. "Please don't hurt me. Just let me go. I won't tell anyone about Scooter..."

Oh right, that'll work.

As if Scooter has ever mattered in the slightest. As if there's anything Galiana can offer that What couldn't take for himself, loot right off her worthless corpse.

He approaches slowly, biding his time as he walks towards Galiana. He only stops for a moment, quickly stooping down to dab his fingers in Scooter's blood, before sliding his fingers across his head. The word DEATH painted across the pumpkin makes it quite clear that hope is a privilege Galiana will just have to do without. It's over, meatsack, and here comes a twisted parody of the reaper himself, here to finish things.

His two weapons are hooked together, he swings the two, and attempts to bury the jagged hilt of the outstretched blade in the poor elf lady's skull.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

27. - Top - End - #417

Eastside

I wouldn't be so sure. It isn't an understatement to call Francium a supersoldier; He's a fair bit stronger than a normal human can be, without magic at least. The 'drunk of his ass' part of the assessment, on the other hand, is entirely accurate and likely trumps any amount of brute force. Not to mention Brody's experience brawling far outweighs Francium's mere training for battle.

Snorting with laughter, Francium nods his head dumbly at the ringleader's speech. "Yeah, I'llll help ya wi' that." A hand is extended for Brory to shake, and the Robin Hood-esque bandit might find himself suddenly being pulled into a one-armed hug should he accept. Drunk drunk drunkity-drunk drunk, that's what Francium is. Yep.

I have no clue how drunk people are supposed to act >.>

Former Cathedral of Telasure- Day 9, Morning

The ash and smoke are thick in the air even now, a rising column of choking smog the only sign the Cathedral ever stood upon this earth and the signal beacon of that accursed institute's fall. The ground is still a quagmire of obsidian and scoria that simmers visible with trapped heat, the motley crew of the Eastside Fire Brigade not even daring to go near but simply setting up on the edges and sipping coffee in the early morning breeze as they watch to make sure the falling embers do not trigger further conflagrations.

As the day rolls by many pass the former site, but few spare more than a passing glance. Once zealous worshippers find one excuse or the other not to care, others too caught up in the intoxicated revelry of Dio's grand celebration to spare the time. Over the following days the rituals and rites are slowly erased from memory by neglect and growing apathy, idols and symbols lost or thrown out as the spell placed over the city slowly unravels, not with a bang, but with a whimper.

By the end of the month, only a few followers remain, the rest having moved on and in often case forgotten entirely the fanatical devotion the demon cult held over them.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"Oh fine, but no pants!" Nadia tries to grab hold of Irena's hand with both of hers, and then pull the naiad through the house and outside.

[Malechenar]

"I don't get it, Astrana. I mean, I know that things have changed, but I thought you said that you missed me and wanted me back." She'd gotten his hopes up that things would be bale to be somewhat normal between then again. What was he supposed to do now, though? Some grand, sweeping gesture? He's pretty sure those only work in the movies.

A smile grows on Cynthia's face as they hug. She gives her an extra squeeze before they move apart again. "Astrana can definitely figure it out. She's smart about this kinda stuff."

29. - Top - End - #419

[A Location In Northside]

Once it seemed that they had arrived, Ghoul gave a small nod before 'idly' scanning the area. She still didn't like the lack of information but if this was all that was available..

Noting the small group leaving the building, the muse lightly moved the tow of her foot to try and tap the end of Samona's shoe and gently nod in the direction of the people in question. The question of if it was any of them they were looking for was implied but not outright stated given the muse's paranoia. Given that her hands were still in her pockets, there wasn't much she could do to sign with her hands and 'ask' any secondary questions. It would be rather likely, though, that Samona wouldn't understand any of it so it was probably for the best at the time anyway.

30. - Top - End - #420

Billie's Boat

Fade will vormit the water out. Not that he really wants to keep it. After all is out he seems to change. His eyes go back to the normal yellow color and his stand is less aggressive than it was before. He replaces his scarf and hood so that his face is covered again. He looks around seeing Billi leaving and most of his creatures destroyed by the vines. He holds his hand up using a bet mana against the portal. The portal close after the last four mechanical creatures leave.

The last four seem not to atack anyone, but also they don't rust. They will try to cut through the vines and then split up two heading up the river and two heading down the river.

Fade in this time looks up. His shadow who has gone back to normal slides away trying to follow Billie unnoticed, sliding from shadow to shadow where it can't be seen.

"I'm glad you removed that curse, but we aren't even right now."

After a moment a door appears next to Fade. He goes through it and it dissapears the moment he close it behind.

[Building Roof]

A bit away of the whole scene on a building's roof the door reapeares and Fade walks out. He takes a seat and waits. Waiting for the right moment to enforce payment.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK