New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside X: Take a Walk on the Wildside

[Exbourne Manor]

Most of the Hunters, Imbued and non-Imbued alike, are blinded by the display of divine might. Those that aren't are left cowering, trying to shield their eyes from the radiance.

All except Johann. He stares at Zeus through narrowed eyes, the strength of his Conviction burning in his soul. He gazes through the radiance of the King of the Gods as though he was looking skywards during a summer noon. With inhuman calm, he raises his gun once more and fires again, this time at Zeus' arm that holds his shield. He does so after the lightning bolt goes flying, however. He's still slowed down by the god's power.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Irena doesn't really seem to let that fact bother her. "Tell them, invite your whole family if you want, I like them all to see us. The whole nexus could watch for all I care."

[Malechenar - Fourth Tower Compound]

"We believe differently." The woman replies with a smile, her grey eyes glittering in the dim light of an nearby torch . "We have dealt with a great deal of gods in our days and we can tell when there is an catastrophe is incoming. Dio and you aren't the only gods involved in this after all and if this continues, a great deal of innocent people are going to be hurt. All you need to do is provide us with some information and we will make sure this conflict have a peaceful resolution. Tell us, how did this all start? We know there is something in the water. We have been purifying it ever since a few of our members started to act strange."

[Kami Hunting]

So much consumption under such a short period of time is a bit too much for the young dragon. The kami's aspects overwhelming her mind. She collapses against a wall, suddenly feeling a great hunger. It's so great that she must gasp for air, she needed more of the kami... now!

[A Location In Northside]

Three gargoyles descend to the scene of the kidnapping and one of them picks up the flare stone and sniffs on it loudly. A moment later it starts to head in the same direction as the vampires and their victims, the other two quickly following it.

[Malechenar Corridors]

The shadowcaster manages to sneak away from the creature who is now looking in the wrong direction. He can still hear it ranting as he goes along the corridor however.

Suddenly two men are coming running in the other direction however, right towards the scene of Michalson's assassination. They are both dressed in white masks, not unlike Niaccaru's own. They lack robes and hoods however and both have bare upper body and black linen pants.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-09-10 at 06:35 PM.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

Cosiellio glares at the woman for a baleful moment, "Don't presume to command me, bargainer. You're pressing your luck."

"But to answer the question, Dionysus left a series of drops of blood in the water, to grow his vines," He steps closer, "But if you provoke him, this is only going to get worse. Handle this carefully, or I might not be able to save your life."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kami Hunting]

Harnel takes a few deep breaths, glad that trio of trouble was taken care of.

He looks over at Cessie when she starts gasping though and heads over. "Are you all right Cessie?" She didn't seem all right...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

Only Maria was looking away from the God when his brilliance blinds the rest. She doesn't even notice how narrowly she avoided Zeus' attack. She has other things to worry about. Like holding Billie in place and getting someone to go deal with whatever roared earlier.

Durin stops in his tracks when he's struck blind. The drowpire peels his helmet off his head and sniffs the air. He touches his swords together briefly and nods, satisfied. With that, he rushes toward the god. Should he get that far, he'll start with a thrust at center mass with his heated blade.

Meanwhile, the arriving winged person will be met with some resistance. There are still a few guards outside the fence to keep people from interfering. One shouts at the winged man. "Stop or we will fire!" They all aim at him with their rifles.

[Black Alley]

Heading here are a group of four Enforcers, including the one wearing the last suit of power armour. They move quickly, but don't arrive just yet.

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia smiles and kisses Irena on the cheek. "I know. I just want to tell them the right way. And, well, I have no idea how to tell them about the pregnancy." It's going to be a damper on the whole event. That's why she'd like to wait till after.

Samona nods to Ghoul. "This way." She knows this city well enough to figure out where a good manhole will be. Once they get to one, Samona puts her captive down and pulls it open. "I'll go down, you lower them in after me." Without waiting for a response, she slips down into the sewer.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-09-10 at 06:44 PM.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post

Dio Day - Towards Exbourne Manor

Along the way, KR may come across a golden-haired youth hauling a cart of barrels behind himself, heading in the same direction, he turns to her with a radiant grin, and it's immediately apparent that his looks do not befit his current occupation. He seems more like a runaway prince than a day laborer, even with his patched and dusty clothes.

"Beautiful day to be walking, aye mistress?" He says with a cheery nod to the permanently overcast and gloomy skies.
    [Dio Day - Towards Exbourne Manor]

"Not particularly." Says KR, frowning. "And I'm not merely taking a walk, either."
    She doesn't seem to notice or care about what the boy looks like, continuing to walk towards Exbourne. She might get to the front gate just about at the same time Zeus makes his big boom sound.
    "It appears I have arrived right on time."
    She straightens her collar and attempts to stroll right on in, ignoring the current altercation between the guards and the flying dude. All the more convenient for her. She hates having to deal with security.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2012-09-10 at 09:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Halfling in the Playground

Riverbank

"Oh no darling, I meant I'd take a load off your feet. I can't really strap that to my back, but if you carry it and I carry you at least we'll both be bearing some of the burden. As for the sober sinners, there are still quite a few, but this isn't about spreading the word. The grapevine tells it as our loving god wanting revenge against the city for harboring some nasty types. We're just here to play and hand out liquor until told otherwise though, so at least we don't have to get our hands dirty."

The centauress bends her forelegs to give Tina an easy way of climbing onto her back without stirrups. Hope the pianist knows how to ride bareback, or this could get uncomfortable.
    Tina looks surprised. "See, the thing is, I've never ridden a horse before. Not a whole lot where I come from," she chuckles hesitantly. "Uh, how bad could it be?" Not really believing that, she slings one leg over her new friend's back and climbs aboard.

The moment the centaur maiden straightens up, Tina nearly slides off. "Whoah!" She slaps her arms around the centaur's human waist, taking a moment to even herself out. "Sorry, sorry."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #578
    Barbarian in the Playground

The fledgeling complied without question. Before she handed either capture down, though, she hissed into their ears, saying: "Now, I'm gonna let go for just a moment here. You aren' going to make any noise when I do, alright? We don't want any unnecessary harm coming to either of you and, if you haven't seen what's after us, I'd hazard to say that they don't care about your well being. If all goes well, we might even compensate you for your troubles but for now just do as you are told." Ghoul's tone was strong but without barbs, wanting to present herself as someone the pair should at least pay attention to. While it might seem odd that she was speaking to them like this in the first place, it was actually a bit of a trick of psycology. A sort of lighter version of Stockholms given the predisposition humans had to follow the orders of a person in a place of authority when in a stressful or chaotic situation.

After her short speech, though, she would lower the pair down as instructed.

9. - Top - End - #579

[Exbourne Manor]

Totally lack of shadows? Zeus should take a closer look or is he blinded by his own spell? Exactly under Billie is one shadow. The shadow is pitch black. For someone seeing it might appear that the shadow grows from the light. It's just good for him he didn't animate otherwise he would be a bird now and that's not funny. The shadow just grins at the god.

[Exbourne Manor Door?]

The winged man stops in his attempt.

"I belong to the hunters in there and don't you see they are in trouble."

Well the winged man was there the whole time the hunter where and he didn't hide in any way so they should have seen him.

Black Alley

((All attempts))

Fade has a scent, but not like normal people it’s a mix of every person he has a shadow from so hard to make out a unique one. Still enough to smell him.

So the beast's head is down and it breaths. Just a moment before Fade's scent disappeared and a bunch of flowers fly away from his hiding spot. The flowers recover on the back of the hydra. And out of the flowers Fade appears. One hand hold up which is glooming black.

Without a word Fade tries to touch the creature somewhere close to its chest. The touch is similar to the poison. The place he touches should rot immediately, spread through the whole body.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

10. - Top - End - #580

The woman nods, "I'm sorry if I came off that way lord, you have been most helpful to us. Tell us though, do you know what Dio wants? Why he did all this? And what happens if he doesn't get it? The people can't be partying forever unless he plans to make the whole society to collapse."

"Compensation?" The man hisses as the initial shock of being knocked in the head appears to have resided. A thick headed guy, this one. He still looks pretty dumbfounded at the whole series of event until he hears Ghoul's voice. "Who the heaven do you think we are? Beggars?!" He asserts himself, the idea of being lowered into a sewer utterly repulsive, causing him to attempt to spit in ghoul's face while trying to pull away from her grip.

The woman is still quiet however, seemingly still in shock. She appears to be reaching for something in her pocket though.

[Kami Hunting]

By the time Harnel reaches her she appears to have calmed down somewhat in that she's no longer gasping for air. There were still a series of emotions who were racing inside her however, each of them attempting to gain control. This was one of those moments where her training told her to just close her eyes and close off the rest of the world to find her inner peace.

She knew what the kami could do to her if she wasn't being careful and that was something her father had kept reminding her off.
    But as Harnel approaches her she can't help but to follow the half-dragon with her eyes, his scales, his long tail... and suddenly a great rage is born within her. For all her life she had been denied nearly everything for her training. She had been denying herself everything to please her parents and for once she felt tired of that. To always keep such a strict control over herself. Here she was working on what was supposed to be her vacation. Who cared if she had just met Harnel? He was freaking hot and was obviously in to her.

So as the half-dragon asks, she only have one reply. Cessie attempts to put her arms around him and pull him into a passionate kiss.

[Suncrest Manor]

"Uh, I don't think there is a good way to tell them about that Nadia. I mean, I don't know much about parents or pregnancy, but I'm pretty sure there is no good way to tell a person you've been forced to have a baby. I mean, I freaked and if they care about you too, they'll freak too! So why delay it?" Irena asks with a shrug.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

[Malechenar Corridors]

Michalson attempts to quickly hit the two men with a sleep spell. The longer it is before everyone finds out about the assassination, the better.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

((You forgot to post for Valente, SC))

[Suncrest Manor]

"I know. I'm just tried of freaking them out. It feels like every time I actually talk to them it's because I need to tell them something worry or freak out or something like that." Nadia sighs.

Samona shakes her head. What a bother. The vampire have climbs and half jumps out of the sewers and back into the alley. She tries to grab the woman and make her look her in the eye. "Don't move, don't scream." She says, compulsion in her words. Whether that works or not, she tries to grab her by the front of her shirt, lift her up, and dangle her over the open manhole.

"Into the sewer, or you go in head first after her corpse." She threatens. "We only want one of you; The other is just baggage."

13. - Top - End - #583

[Suncrest Manor]

"Yeah, that's because that's what you do, right? You don't talk with them unless there is that kind of stuff going on. I mean, if you're so worried, why not talk to them more?" Seemed pretty simple to her.

((Posting for Valente later.))

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia practically winces when Irena says that. It's true, and she feels bad about it. "I know, but... Mom can be really hard to talk to. You know what I mean; you met her. She'll want to talk about why I don't have a job yet, or say something about our relationship. I have no idea if she takes us as a couple at all seriously or if she just thinks I'm going through some phase. And she never really approved of me wanting to move to the Nexus, and this pregnancy is just another reason for her to say it was a bad idea. I just don't want to deal with that all the time."

15. - Top - End - #585

[Suncrest Manor]

Irena blinks. "...so you're saying that your mother will blame your pregnancy on you being a lesbian?" She says before massaging her forehead dramatically, apparently understanding Nadia's comment that way. "Ow, head hurts. So much stupid. She'd really do that?" To be fair, lesbian pregnancies are awfully common in the nexus, with or without help.

[Malechenar Corridors]

The two quickly collapse on the floor as Michalson casts his spell, he still likely got no idea where he is however considering the corridors are intersecting with each other.

Is he looking for any specific signs of where to go?

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"What? No. I mean she'd blame it on me moving here. I'm pretty sure that kind of thing is impossible back in the world I was from. She doesn't seem to realize that not doing things is a terrible way to avoid bad things happening." Nadia shakes her head. "I don't pretend to know how she thinks."

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside X

[QUOTE=Slii Arhem;13868768]
    Chase

Sadly, Silenus doesn't have boots. He does have hooves though, and the cockroach has nearly caught up with him by the time he's out of sight. Thenadier may have just acquired a tracking device on him, (if that's what the cockroach is) but even if it hasn't latched on yet it does seem to be following steadily.
    [SPOILER]

It is in fact a tracking device, it's also a bomb that could be activated should Thenadier activate it. Thenadier just waits on the docks, before heading back to Exbourne Manor, to hunt for more cultists, not expecting to see a god battling with a group of hunters. He doesn't join the fight of course, but instead finds a suitable place to hide, watch, and record. Thenadier is just doing his job.

18. - Top - End - #588

The spittle landed on the muse's face as she made no attempt to avoid the slimy projectile. "Well.. I tried being nice." she said with a tone as blank as her expression as she stared into the man's eyes. "And just so you know, I'd say that I think you both are beggers but it won't be money you will be begging for, however. So Do As I Say" she said with a growl, following the lead of her sire and enacting her own compultion. It wouldn't be as strong as Samona's ability but the elder vampire had quite a bit of practice in this sort of thing. With a now free hand, she made a grab at the woman's hand snaking towards her pocket. She was wary after seeing that first signal flare and she really didn't want there to be another. Not right now at least.

"Now, why don't we all just go down into the sewers like a nice, quiet bunch, and save all of this bickering until later?" she said. If her compultion had not taken hold, then it would be a simple enough thing to try and just throw the man down the manhole. The fall would be enough to hobble him for a while at least.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kami Hunting]

"Mmmf!" Harnel is passionately kissed rather unexpectedly.
    Well. One can't just ignore opportunity when it opens the door, reaches through, and drags you inside. Harnel will be more than happy to reciprocate.

"I'll take that as a yes..." He'll say if he gets the chance.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

20. - Top - End - #590

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Exbourne Manor]

Most of the Hunters, Imbued and non-Imbued alike, are blinded by the display of divine might. Those that aren't are left cowering, trying to shield their eyes from the radiance.

All except Johann. He stares at Zeus through narrowed eyes, the strength of his Conviction burning in his soul. He gazes through the radiance of the King of the Gods as though he was looking skywards during a summer noon. With inhuman calm, he raises his gun once more and fires again, this time at Zeus' arm that holds his shield. He does so after the lightning bolt goes flying, however. He's still slowed down by the god's power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Exbourne Manor]

Only Maria was looking away from the God when his brilliance blinds the rest. She doesn't even notice how narrowly she avoided Zeus' attack. She has other things to worry about. Like holding Billie in place and getting someone to go deal with whatever roared earlier.

Durin stops in his tracks when he's struck blind. The drowpire peels his helmet off his head and sniffs the air. He touches his swords together briefly and nods, satisfied. With that, he rushes toward the god. Should he get that far, he'll start with a thrust at center mass with his heated blade.

Meanwhile, the arriving winged person will be met with some resistance. There are still a few guards outside the fence to keep people from interfering. One shouts at the winged man. "Stop or we will fire!" They all aim at him with their rifles.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Exbourne

Billie was already ogling Zeus, as mentioned in the previous post.

Some celestial event. No - no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should've sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea.

Pfft. Yeah right.

Her reaction is more like this.

The bolt misses Billie. But it probably wouldn't have helped her anyway, what with being blind now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Exbourne Manor]

Totally lack of shadows? Zeus should take a closer look or is he blinded by his own spell? Exactly under Billie is one shadow. The shadow is pitch black. For someone seeing it might appear that the shadow grows from the light. It's just good for him he didn't animate otherwise he would be a bird now and that's not funny. The shadow just grins at the god.

[Exbourne Manor Door?]

The winged man stops in his attempt.

"I belong to the hunters in there and don't you see they are in trouble."

Well the winged man was there the whole time the hunter where and he didn't hide in any way so they should have seen him.

Exbourne Manor

Zeus glares back at Johann's apparent defiance, and when the hunter raises his rifle to fire again, the god is ready for it. Raising his Aegis into the path of the bullet, Zeus angles the mighty shield so that when the bullet strikes it, it's deflected off towards another thing that caught his eye. Fade's shadow will find a rifle bullet speeding at where its heart would be.

As a result of focusing on deflecting the bullet, Zeus is unprepared to deal with the blind vampire running at him. With only moments to make a decision, the sky god jerks his torso mostly out of the way of the blade, the hot metal still scoring a line under his right pectoral and scraping across his ribs, causing him to bellow in actual pain.

His divine aura cuts off, his power mostly spent for the time being until he can find a way to deal with the Edge Johann placed on him. Even though he's dealt with all but a select few of the immediate opponents, things only look to be getting worse.

And so, hobbled and bleeding thick brown ichor from a multitude of wounds, Zeus actually considers retreat. He decides quickly, since the situation calls for it, and uses the very last shred of power that isn't holding together his heavenly bod to summon a lightningbolt that crashes down onto his head. There are a few moments for those present to attempt to harm him further, but after the lightning is fully dispersed, Zeus will have vanished with it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [Dio Day - Towards Exbourne Manor]

"Not particularly." Says KR, frowning. "And I'm not merely taking a walk, either."
    She doesn't seem to notice or care about what the boy looks like, continuing to walk towards Exbourne. She might get to the front gate just about at the same time Zeus makes his big boom sound.
    "It appears I have arrived right on time."
    She straightens her collar and attempts to stroll right on in, ignoring the current altercation between the guards and the flying dude. All the more convenient for her. She hates having to deal with security.

Dio Day - Towards Exbourne Manor

"Neither am I." The youth responds cheerfully, hauling his cart after KR with a song on his breath.

He too attempts to walk past the guards with his cartload of barrels, following after KR as if he were her lackey making a simple delivery. It can't hurt to try.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Tina looks surprised. "See, the thing is, I've never ridden a horse before. Not a whole lot where I come from," she chuckles hesitantly. "Uh, how bad could it be?" Not really believing that, she slings one leg over her new friend's back and climbs aboard.

The moment the centaur maiden straightens up, Tina nearly slides off. "Whoah!" She slaps her arms around the centaur's human waist, taking a moment to even herself out. "Sorry, sorry."

Riverbank

The centaur smiles at her passenger's worry, and begins to walk slowly away from the corner, not going anywhere in particular, "Don't worry dear, I'll make sure to make your first ride as gentle as a lover's caress. And next time you feel yourself falling, might want to place your hands a bit higher. There's more to grab on to up there." She tugs at the collar of her robes, but by her tone she may have been suggesting something a bit lower than that.

"Where to dear? My name's Nina, by the way."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Black Alley]

Heading here are a group of four Enforcers, including the one wearing the last suit of power armour. They move quickly, but don't arrive just yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post

Black Alley

((All attempts))

Fade has a scent, but not like normal people it’s a mix of every person he has a shadow from so hard to make out a unique one. Still enough to smell him.

So the beast's head is down and it breaths. Just a moment before Fade's scent disappeared and a bunch of flowers fly away from his hiding spot. The flowers recover on the back of the hydra. And out of the flowers Fade appears. One hand hold up which is glooming black.

Without a word Fade tries to touch the creature somewhere close to its chest. The touch is similar to the poison. The place he touches should rot immediately, spread through the whole body.

Black Alley

When Fade lands on the hydra's back he is immediately assaulted by two of the other heads, coming at him from either direction. It doesn't stop him from touching it on the back, but the two massive sets of poisonous teeth threaten to rip him limb from limb unless he can escape.

The decaying magic sets in, but does not spread from where he touched the beast. It seems that its regeneration is keeping the magic in check for the time being.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

[Malechenar Corridors]

Michalson tries to head as far away from the scene of assassination as possible. Since he's acting on very incomplete information, finding anyone is going to depend mostly on luck anyway.

[Exbourne Manor]

Neither Johann nor other Hunters will do anything against Zeus as he vanishes. However, being a god, Zeus might observe a change in Johann as he pushes his power to the limit and his conviction burns bright. If he looks at the Judge before escaping, he might see a vague image interposed over him - a silhouette of a bearded man with a bow, surrounded with a corona of golden light. The image only lasts for a second, however.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-09-11 at 06:05 PM.

22. - Top - End - #592

[Kami Hunting]

Acting on pure instinct (she had never actually kissed someone in this way before) the dragon pulls away after a while with a goofy smile on her face. A part of her was equally surprised and horrified of what she had done, kissed a man, in a public location no less (not that anyone was actually around). But the part of her which for once was in charge, charged by the gluttony and the hedonist kami, was glad she had finally dared to break out. Now everything was possible even if she wasn't entirely sure where to go from here.

Butterflies were fluttering around widely in her stomach but it felt like she couldn't back away when she had gone this far. She needed to make the most of it before the moment passed. "I never told you how astonishingly attractive you are did I?" She could hear herself say, not thinking too straightly at the moment. She knew if she did start to think she would quickly loose her confidence and probably start to blush of what she just had done.

So she let her instincts guide her as she suddenly starts to tug at Harnel's shirt, causing all alarms to sound within her. But for the moment she didn't care and that fact made the moment so much more exciting. She just wanted to see how he looked like without the shirt on...

[Suncrest Manor]

"Parents sound complicated." Irena declares with a shake of her head. "It's like you have a much older friend... can you even imagine being that to the god baby?" The idea sounded unpleasant to her. People coming out of your uterus or something, ew.

The woman quickly obeys while the man falls silent, glaring at the two in utter contempt. He does decide to do what they say however and will willingly climb down the sewers. Just in time too as the group of gargoyles are now descending upon them.

[Malechenar Corridors]

Heading upstairs the shadowcaster will encounter more masked shirt-less women and men who apparently work as some sort of castle. They appear to be busy carrying out various errands. He will also note a few a great deal wealthier dressed ladies and lords walking around along with a group of people dressed in green robes with black towers on their back.

None of them seem to take notice of him however.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-09-11 at 06:02 PM.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kami Hunting]

"No. Feel free to elaborate." Harnel replies as his shirt comes off, revealing his rather toned chest and not particularly minding in the least. He probably would go shirtless more often really.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

The woman nods, "I'm sorry if I came off that way lord, you have been most helpful to us. Tell us though, do you know what Dio wants? Why he did all this? And what happens if he doesn't get it? The people can't be partying forever unless he plans to make the whole society to collapse."

"The followers of Tlazolteotl are what provoked this. He's extracting his pound of flesh. I'm not going after them; my job is to make sure as many people get through this unscathed as I can, as long as I don't Dionysus' way. You want to make this go faster by? Use that information well, but if you don't handle this properly, all you'll do is make Dionysus more angry. Tread lightly."

"Now, is there anything else? I've got lives to save."
    Cos says, all impatience. At least he's not as cranky now that the woman is showing a little respect.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

25. - Top - End - #595

[Kami Hunting]

Once his shirt is off, Cessie is suddenly all over Harnel. She isn't sure what she want exactly, but she's rather eager about it. "You're like the perfected combination of a man and a dragon, your scales, your tail, your muscles, your face..." She hastily states while moving her hands up to touch his cheeks and starts to kiss him again.

"Tlazolteotl you say? Yes, we know about her." The woman replies mysteriously while crossing her arms over her chest. "You should give your friend the same advice as you gave us. A war between gods is always a nasty thing, and if I know that goddess right, she isn't playing around either. A great deal of people are going to be hurt before this is over."

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kami Hunting]

Harnel will place his hands on Cessie's waist and move to hold her close as they kiss, each one growing more heated. He knows something's off, but so long as Cessie's all over him like she is, he's not sure he cares.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

Inside the fence

Durin turns to slash at Zeus a couple more times, but the god should manage to get away. The drowpire practically growls as he walks back over to Maria and Billie. Now he has to deal with Dio blind. Sure his other senses means he's not absolutely useless, but it's still a major problem.

"Get yourselves in order! We still have a potential hostile incoming, and I want every person that can fight with a weapon in their hands. If you're blinded, get back into the manor and find someone to replace you." The Enforcers comply quickly, leaving only Maria and one other that is recovering quickly left. It's unlikely they're going to find people to send out there on short notice, however.

Maria doesn't move with the rest. She just keeps Billie pinned down with a knife at her neck. This situation has just gotten very bad. She hasn't seen Durin quite this angry in some time.

Outside the fence

The Enforcer doesn't look like he buys it, or at least like he doesn't give a damn. "That's no matter to me. If that's true, you can meet up with them after they leave. You are not permitted to enter." He and one of the other Enforcers don't point their gun away from the winged man.

((Also, I should note that this is taking place some time after the scene with the angry mob. It's not the same scene, and they wouldn't have let the winged man hang around by the manor this whole time."

Another Enforcer steps in front of KR and her friend. He's not so hostile as the other Enforcer, but he's on edge. "No one is allowed to enter now. Turn back." The closed, cast iron gate behind him emphasizes his point.

As for Thenadier, Exbourne Manor is nowhere near the River, so it's not possible that he's arrived there by this time. Furthermore, the courtyard where the action is taking place is completely surrounded by a fence and trees, so there is no way to see though it and no vantage points nearby to see over it.

[Black Alley]

The four Enforcers arrive on the scene. They're taken aback by the sight of the hydra, but recover quickly. They all level their blaster rifles and open fire at the hydra with the super heated energy rounds.

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia actually laughs a bit at that response. "Well, I like to think I could do a better job. You know, let the kid be their own person instead of trying to control them all the time."

Time to go. Samona nods to Ghoul and lowers the woman down the manhole. She follows right after to make sure they don't get any ideas about running off.

[Wildside]

Scora laughs so hard she falls backward. She yelps, but doesn't fall since she's able to wrap her tail around the branch. She looks rather silly dangling there like she is, though.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-09-11 at 09:23 PM.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

Wildside - Lenai

Aconia just grins, flashing her razor sharp teeth, and keeps a hold on her new-found relative. "This means we'll have lots of fun together, right?!?" She asks excitedly. She never had a grandmother before! =D

29. - Top - End - #599

Wildside

Aconia's never had an anything before! "No, it means I have to figure out what to do with you. You two little terrors are going to be pains in my behind, I can already tell. If I had the choice I'd replant your tree somewhere you'd be out of my hair... but I don't. The trees like you, so you're staying. And I have no idea what that means for all the work I have to do." Lenai shakes her head in frustration, seeing as how it's about the only part of her she can move while pinned down by Aconia.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-09-11 at 09:47 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Halfling in the Playground

Riverbank

The centaur smiles at her passenger's worry, and begins to walk slowly away from the corner, not going anywhere in particular, "Don't worry dear, I'll make sure to make your first ride as gentle as a lover's caress. And next time you feel yourself falling, might want to place your hands a bit higher. There's more to grab on to up there." She tugs at the collar of her robes, but by her tone she may have been suggesting something a bit lower than that.

"Where to dear? My name's Nina, by the way."
    Tina fixes the centaur with a skeptical smirk, which might not be noticed. Depends if Nina decides to look over her shoulder while talking. "I didn't think a centaur would be so pervy." Around regular ol' humans, at the very least. She points forward, off toward the town proper. "Wherever there's booze! Though hey, I'd really like to meet some more of the band too. Maybe show you guys up a little."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters