New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside X: Take a Walk on the Wildside

Hunter Recruitment Center

Xifra lifts her free hand to show her claws and smiles to show her sharp teeth. "Excessive force to confront threats."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Kami Hunting

The little lady gets caught in the web, indeed. She's strong, and tries to simply wrestle her way through it. However, at the very least this gives the pair a good amount of time to catch her again.

"whOOOOOOOOOp"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Kami Hunting

The sorceress loosens the web as the loud kami struggles against it so the more she struggles, the more she's going to end up entangled. Unless she can rip it apart of course, but hopefully Harnel can grab her before that happens.
    Kami Hunting

Well Harnel's still up the... oh why not? If he accidentally crushes the kami, it's only a kami. Harnel will leap from the roof at the Body Builder, going to pin her to the ground though use his wings near the end to control his descent.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Doctor Stroffelnburg's Psychiatric Clinic

As Eyes grabs the monkey, the loose robes it's wearing come off, or parts of it do- it's designed to be easily ripped and therefore hard to hold. Eyes will find himself carrying a piece of thin cotton cloth of a dark greyish colour. A section of bone is visible, revealing the monkey's skeletal and undead nature. It continues on its path for the door handle.

Well it should reach and open the door getting a look inside about the time two other pair of hands make a grab for it. And not some pathetic loose clothes grab either. Full on manmonkeyhandling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kami Hunting

There is struggling and tangling and getting pinned by a large half-dragon! She gives another "whOOOOOp", and this time it is answered by several other "whOOOOOOp"s from the city.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Orc in the Playground

The monkey is grabbed and prevented from moving. Its immediate response is to destroy itself, which it achieves by accessing another enchantment upon its brooch. This enchantment causes it to erupt into purplish-black flames that will burn the monkey, the brooch, its robes, and everything concealed within its clothing until nothing is left except a powdered white ash. This flame will also burn the No Evils, unless they are fast to let go, but it won't cling to them and only burn anything in the path of its flames.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Barbarian in the Playground

[A Location In Northside]

The earth vampire lies in wait, trying to figure out where Ghoul is going without much success. It will probably just stay, watching her until her systems are back online but it does send information of her whereabouts to it's masters at the same time. Hopefully they'll figure something out from this information.
    Once her expanded senses returned, the muse might almost be seen visibly relaxing. While they were more akin to tools rather than actual senses, their avalibility was reassuring in a way. Or perhaps it was simply less stressful when one didn't feel themselves to be half blind.

Depending on how 'obvious' the earth vampire was in relation to its surroundings, Ghoul may or may not pick up on its presence. Of course, should it be far enough away, that wouldn't matter since there was a limit to how far her sonar could reach. Should she pick up nothing, then she would simply visit a department store or the like and exchange her garments as mentioned. If otherwise, well, that remained to be seen.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Troll in the Playground

And the next to enter and get in line is a young-looking woman with dusky skin and silver hair, softly humming to herself, waiting to sign up behind the Democracy Now chap.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Ogre in the Playground

"If it helps, our last job was as office furniture."
    Salome says deadpan, trying to be a bit helpful, but after a moment she blinks. "Secretaries!" She tries to corrects hastily. "We used to be secretaries."

Wildside - Cole and Dryads

"Yeah, why be stuck with someone who can't like aminals."
    Aconia says with a nod before reaching out to hug the dog. Wolfy gives a small nod though. "Even though Cole might have done the right thing, there are still bad reasons to avoid a marriage, but there are also good reasons to go into one. Some day you three will probably understand it fully."

House of Virtues

In the living room, Charlotte sees Felis' reactions in his face and slips her arms around him. "Whatever is going on, they can handle it." She guesses before leaning in to kiss his ear to distract him.

"We'll find a way." Rugal says before he falls silent for a moment, somewhat disheartened. Is there anything else possible? He thinks, hoping that Vesta might catch his wish.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2012-10-23 at 04:03 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1088

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

Brody's friends will not have the dubious honor of meeting the Hunter Commander, instead being confronted by a muscular, bald mixed-race man in the Hunters' dark blue coat.
    "Welcome. I am Adrian Guardez, a Hunter Lieutenant. I take it you're the candidates mentioned by one of the new Parliament members."

The man in the lead holds out a hand and nods, "Smythe, at yer service. Brody said you guys needed some enforcers and number crunchers, so we asked around and got a good mix of both. I used to do accounting under the table for a few of the old crowd, and Jeeves and Barnaby did similar stuff when the money was good. The rest are all looking for heavy work, as I understand it."

Smythe looks back, and a few of the guys nod affirmatively, grunting.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Troll in the Playground

House of Virtues

"She's so stubborn!" Felis mutters, but soon melts under Charlotte's attentions.

In the other room, Vesta says nothing.

Vita stands, and pulls Rugal up with her into a close embrace. "She's gone."

Wildside

Cole hmmmphs, idly scratching at one of his ankles where the skin is still a few shades lighter from where he wore the betrothal anklets. He's positive that he'll never want to get married.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wildside]

Scora looks at Cole, and then suddenly tries to move behind him and drape her arms over his shoulders. "Don't look so grumpy. You're here with us now, right?" Her tail tries to wrap snugly around him.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ogre in the Playground

The monkey is grabbed and prevented from moving. Its immediate response is to destroy itself, which it achieves by accessing another enchantment upon its brooch. This enchantment causes it to erupt into purplish-black flames that will burn the monkey, the brooch, its robes, and everything concealed within its clothing until nothing is left except a powdered white ash. This flame will also burn the No Evils, unless they are fast to let go, but it won't cling to them and only burn anything in the path of its flames.

Pfft. Spontaneously combustion monkeys? That's not normal. The NoEvils carry out the flaming death monkey without any hint of pain or suffering at the hands of the flames or even noticing it at all. They push Carl out at this time as well and send him on his way. Once outside the burning monkey, or what's left of him, gets thrown as far as possible where he can finish turning to ash over there. The NoEvils quickly step back inside and shut the door, deciding to lock it as well for the moment.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Orc in the Playground

Well, that's unusual. I thought the NoEvils were still vulnerable to supernatural effects, but either I'm mistaken or that's changed since last they appeared. Regardless, it's a little snippet of information that is recorded and filed away to be reported later.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ogre in the Playground

Changed since the doctor had a little time and no Eldritch Walrus supervision on hidden camera preventing him from doing so. After all, it wouldn't do to have the receptionist spontaneously burn in front of the patients, now would it?

But there are some innate things even the doctor can't change. For instance, an orc being an orc. The orc might end up thinking they're human, cured of the poor affliction that tore at their minds but they still have that green skin disease.

Anyways, they go back in, and shut the special room door and look around the lobby real quick for anything else that's disturbed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Orc in the Playground

The monkey still in the air vent slowly and carefully moves back, to a point where it doesn't think it can be seen. It'll keep an ear out to try and find when they stop looking.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Titan in the Playground

[Hunter Recruitment Center]

"Secretaries who specialize in excessive force. You learn something new every day," Johann says. "We are in need of administrative skills more than force right now, but if you prefer action, you can be placed in a fast response team. It's your choice."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Brody is correct," Adrian says. "We have much to do now, so if you're ready, you can start immediately. The Hunters need a working administration and we need to be on the lookout for anyone who wishes to exploit the turmoil. You will swear an oath to the people of Riverside, be issued Hunter coats and weapons."

The winged man is met by a young red-headed woman who looks like she could use some sleep.

"Welcome, sir. I remember you from the Democracy Now rallies, I think. Are you here to join the Hunters? We will be glad to have you."

The silver-haired woman is motioned forward by a balding, obese and middle-aged man in glasses who has just cleared a desk for him to use.

"Here to sign up for the Hunter force, I suspect," he says to her.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Bugbear in the Playground

Approaching the recruitment center is a woman dressed in an armor which marks her as a servant of the burning light. The hunters might recognize her as Riaz, she was at the forum some time ago. Approaching the stand, she gives the two daemons a skeptical look but doesn't say anything for now. Just waiting for her turn.

[Suncrest Manor - Dreamscape]

As Nadia drifts off into sleep she will soon find herself awoken by sunlight in her face. Opening her eyes she will likely first be blinded by the sun but after a moment she will see that she's laying underneath the shade of a palm tree with the midday sun laying overhead.

The first thing she will be aware of however is that there is something in her lap, a rather familiar black scorpion the size of a dog laying there. "Hello again Nadia, this is a dream and I'm not going to hurt you so I suggest you relax." The goddess suggests in a strangely friendly tone.

[Kami Hunting]

The sorceress sigh, "This situation just is getting out of hand..." She says before turning to the kami-woman. "Can we please be civil about this? We just wanted to talk." I think you missed that chance some time ago.

The earth vampire is actually quite deep underneath the earth to avoid making cracks appear on the surface. Depending on how far her scanner reach she might sense it but for the moment it's still. It will move once Ghoul does though, right now she wasn't doing anything interesting though.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ogre in the Playground

Nadia looks confued for a moment as she awakes. What's going on? Then she puts two and two together, just in time to see the scorpion on her lap. "Get away from me!" The lampades tries to shove the goddess off of her. She's not in any mood to be calm about this.

18. - Top - End - #1098

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

The winged man is met by a young red-headed woman who looks like she could use some sleep.

"Welcome, sir. I remember you from the Democracy Now rallies, I think. Are you here to join the Hunters? We will be glad to have you."

The man nods.

"Yes I was there and Yes I'm here to join. Sadly I can't remember you back then."

He tries to sound friendly, but he can't prevent to sound very seriouse.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #1099

The scorpions decides to move away, letting her shove it. "I thought we were over this last time?" She remarks as she lands right in front of the lampade. Nadia might notice something odd about her surroundings though, the sand is white as ash the water is blood, floating in a pool nearby is red as blood.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ogre in the Playground

The lampades curls her arms over her swollen stomach. "We're never going to be over this. What do you want from me?" Nadia doesn't try to escape, knowing it's useless. She'd prefer if this was done with as fast as possible.

21. - Top - End - #1101

"Good enough, first of all I want to know what happened between you and that god of yours, did you have a 'talk'?" The scorpion asks.

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Ogre in the Playground

"None of your business." Nadia says. "The only reason I'm putting up with you at all is because I can't get rid of you. You can invade my dreams and talk at me all you want, but that's all you're getting from me. You don't get to know about my life, I'm not telling you anything, and I don't give a damn about your opinion. I don't care that your a goddess or that you think you're entitled to anything. Got it?" The lampades gets to her feet as she speaks, glaring down at the scorpion the whole time.

23. - Top - End - #1103

"Don't get cocky now dear." The goddess replies. "It simply doesn't suit a woman with the absence of one and all. Saying such things to a goddess usually don't end well for a mortal so be a great deal more careful with what demands you come with in the future. Because if you carry up that attitude, I think I might have to punish you since until the child is born, your body is mine. Is that clear?" She asks.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-10-25 at 02:14 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ogre in the Playground

Nadia doesn't say anything. She wants so much to pick up where she left off. Be bold and say exactly what she thinks of this monster. But in reality, she's scared. She has no idea what Tlazolteotl is capable of and if she can really avoid the consequences of challenging her. She's already threatened Irena's life once, and who knows what she can do just from this dream. S for the moment she is silent, though her expression is of someone defeated.

25. - Top - End - #1105

If the vampire was within a roughly ten meter radius, then her sonar would have little trouble reaching her persuer. Still, she would likely be rather boring to follow for a while as, given that her sire could contact her by some strange kind of compultion that was as effective as it was irksome, she had no urgent business to attend to.

However now that she had the time, at least spending a bit getting to know more of the city was something she had been wanting to do. So, unless the earth vampire made itself known, then Ghoul would be spending the next few hours sliding through crowds as she mentally mapped out the areas she visited. Eventually, though, she would be drawn to a rather interesting 'event' near the center of Riverside if the other vampire managed to stay hidden.

26. - Top - End - #1106

"That's a good girl." The scorpion replies. "Now, where was I? Oh yes. Would you mind look around you dear? Can you tell me what you see?" In the background Nadia might, except the oasis around her, notice a large mountain-cliff looming in the background.

The vampire should be able to stay under her radar for now, but it won't really be able to gather any useful information considering it only really can track her footsteps this far down below.

It's much more patient than the one Samona encountered (and don't want to disappoint it's masters) so it keeps following her through the day. Ghoul might also see some more groups of gargoyles flying around but they don't appear to be interested in her.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Ogre in the Playground

Nadia looks around as instructed, and then turns back to the goddess looking slightly puzzled. "There's a cliff. The water's red. The sand is white." She says. That's all that really stands out.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-10-25 at 07:49 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1108

"That's correct. There is more to it though, this place actually exists, I created it for you dear. The sand represent your skin, the water represent your lovely hair and the cliff... well, the cliff is just there actually but it makes the water red." She explains. "This oasis is everything you are, it died but came to life against through magic, turned from a barren wasteland into a lush, fertile place. Soon enough a great deal of creatures will make their home here." The goddess continues before crawling over to a small group of dying trees. "But as you can see here, not everything is well. This place, bound to you, is while full of life, dying. I'm guessing that would be the stress you're going through." Tlazolteotl says as she turns around to face Nadia again. "So tell me what you think of it?"

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ogre in the Playground

Nadia looks around one more time. She's not really sure what she thinks of it. It's just... there. It's a bit unsettling in a way, but she can't put her finger on just why. "Why does it exist." It was obviously created by the goddess, but what's her reasoning?
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-10-25 at 08:06 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Ogre in the Playground

The monkey still in the air vent slowly and carefully moves back, to a point where it doesn't think it can be seen. It'll keep an ear out to try and find when they stop looking.

They eventually stop and head into the Doctor's office to give him a report of what happened. The Doctor in the meanwhile stayed at his desk. Not because he didn't hear the ruckus, but rather because he knows the best thing he can do when situations occur is to stay put. Being in a wheelchair doesn't help with the Nexus going ons. He stopped the paper work though. Anyways, the reception area is briefly open, though the monkeys might want to consider just waiting for everyone to go home for the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Kami Hunting

There is struggling and tangling and getting pinned by a large half-dragon! She gives another "whOOOOOp", and this time it is answered by several other "whOOOOOOp"s from the city.
    [Kami Hunting]

The sorceress sigh, "This situation just is getting out of hand..." She says before turning to the kami-woman. "Can we please be civil about this? We just wanted to talk." I think you missed that chance some time ago.
    [Kami Hunting]

"Please just eat her before her friends show up and decide to hurt us." Harnel thinks to himself, holding Body Builder down. Why does Cessie have to talk to them? Really need to ask about that next time.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-10-25 at 09:56 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast