New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,482 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside X: Take a Walk on the Wildside

On top of A Building

The blurred figure stares at the gargoyles, not attacking, only blinking. The blur effect fades, exposing a figure. He, for this is a he, wears a dark purple and grey pin striped trenchcoat! It has an obvious mechanical left leg, and instead of hands, a swarm of nanobots float at the metal stumps that are his arms. The nanobots shift into two large, clawed, metal hands. He has a long, ratted, wide-brimmed hat, and his face is...strange. His face is covered in white bandages, but the majority of it is covered by a sleek, dark grey, shiny metal, bolted into his face. His right eye lens shows red, his left black, like shades. The mask covers his face, only his neck exposed to show the bandages. He hears the odd figures. No, I am not Mister E. I am Enshadu, Aegin, Warstick. I am the one on the television. My...servant is Mister E. She has fsiled me. I've come to fix her massive blunder. You are...? If you want to fight...Come up.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-11-27 at 01:56 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Bugbear in the Playground

On top of A Building

The gargoyles do not engage the two forces, instead they continue circling around at a relative safe distance, seemingly wanting to observe the meeting.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Troll in the Playground

Wildside

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Wildside

"Dionysus is my father, and does indeed boss me around whenever he remembers I exist. The trees listen to me because they respect me as their mother, and know that I work tirelessly to protect them from those that would do them harm and tend to them to keep them healthy. They listen to Scora because they dote on her as their child. And she does not listen to me because she is a petulant youth who does not understand my reasons for keeping this haven safe. The trees hear through the vibrations in their roots, and I hear just fine while waiting inside one to see how those who would come to my grove and seek my protection would speak ill of me when they think I'm not present." Lenai's face appears from the bark of a tree not far from the edge of the forest, staring blankly at Scora and her "guest."

"Does that answer all your questions? I would have been here to deal with you sooner, but I had more important matters to attend to than a wandering fey.

Jeanne grins. Now she has the information her boss asked for, even if she gets booted out of the forest now. But hopefully she can stay long enough to learn more. She stands and takes a bow. "The Celebrated Lenai, I presume." When she rises, that cheeky grin is still there. "I do not recall asking for your protection, nor would I since it seems to involve submission to your orders. I merely wished shelter in the forest, where I could be safe from humans. This is the first time I have encountered a forest that was considered the property of another. These poor trees..."

Jeanne as fey:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-11-27 at 06:23 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Rusty Dagger]

Samona raises an eyebrow, but doesn't point out the woman's ignorance. "There's quite a bit of diversity in Malchenar then. Are there any other notable groups of people?"

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia smiles at Irena, with a touch of amusement. It's amazing she can even taste her food. "I guess the hair colour one would've been useful earlier."

[Mysterious Cavern]

Valente hardly has a chioce, does he? With a resigned sigh he follows after Sylvia. He makes note not to trust her in the future, though.

[Wildside]

...Whoops. Scora sits up on her branch quickly. She at least looks embarrassed, if not actually ashamed. Damn Lenai being sneaky.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

[Westside]

In the downtown area of Westside, new construction has begun. A large area has been allotted for this new building. Some may have heard the earlier announcement from Tenebras that they are constructing a new city hall that would be more accessible than the manor for city business. It's more than likely that is what this is.

In another area of downtown, more on the outskirts, another building is being constructed. This is yet another building being constructed by Tenebras, except this one is intended to act as a sort of police station.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-02-21 at 10:42 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1476

[The Rusty Dagger]

"Besides the northerners and us? There are a few Wenrath in the gardens and a then the Yu. Oh and a few of those devil-people. Now that I think about it, there are all sorts of minorities running around in that fourth tower cult. I never really see any of them though. They mostly keep to themselves." That's a lot of names that probably needs explaining.

[Suncrest Manor]

"Are you kidding? We could change color every day if we wanted to." Irena replies at a moment of not stuffing food in her mouth. "I mean we could even make you a real redhead. The combination looks so fake, if you know what I mean?" I'm afraid to ask what she means. >.<

[Mysterious Cavern]

If Valente turns around he might be able to see a portal similar to the one in Malechenar that probably leads back to the containment cell. So he got a choice in this.

If he chooses the path of madness however and follow the light coming from Sylvia's wand he will find that the cavern actually isn't that large. He might also realize there doesn't seem to be any exit or any external sources of light here. So if he hadn't had his nightvision, he had been perfectly blind, he can hear something echo through the cavern though sounding like a gigantic air pump.

Soon enough he can also see something reflecting the light though. The source of the reflections looking to be about the same size or even larger that the last creature they encountered. As they wander closer through the shallow water he can see that the creature appears to be some sort of reptilian, it's scales looking like miniature solar-panels, reflecting all light aimed at them.

Sylvia suddenly stops and just stands there staring at the creature which appears to have been chained down to the rock floor with chains the size of footballs. Furthermore there appears to be a ring of crystals of the creature which now Valente can probably can guess is some sort of dragon.

It looks far more snake-like then the European dragon however, coiled up on the ground with not only one but six pairs of wings that are spread out over it's body. The sound of the 'airpump' seems to have been the creatures heartbeats, echoing loudly through the cavern.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Cow Hunting

"You mean former-slaves I hope?" She asks, leading the cow there might be a good idea. Then they could buy some new clothes for her, Harnel probably needed some too.
    Cow Hunting

"Of course." New stuff is always nice.
    Admittedly, just a change of clothes would suffice really after today's adventures. Should probably go home and get cleaned up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #1478

Northside- On Top of a Building

Great. Just great. There's a pack of ugly monsters breathing down their necks and the person they came to meet with isn't even here. The soldiers shift uneasily, keeping a wary eye on all the places a potential ambush could be hidden. This is already about one step from turning into an utter fiasco.

We came here to bargain, not fight. The one in the lead calls up, although his tone is hardly friendly now. If you'll keep the deal your 'servant' made we can talk. Otherwise we've no business here. And E. can deal with the gargoyles himself.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Orc in the Playground

Westside

"No. I'm on my way to a pub in Eastside- Weird William's. I'm accepted there, but I doubt you would be. Just, be aware that Riverside can be a dangerous place at times, and you are likely to upset people with your anti-technology field. Though you should at least be safe from the slavers that occasionally snatch homeless people- they use vans and advanced weaponry." Weird William's is a lycanthrope bar. Mateo is accepted because he enjoys hunting and has joined several werewolf bands in the past.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Eastside - Ghoul]

Once the muse noted that the apparent conversation had ended with one of the participants vanishing entirely, she was of the mind to leave soon but the fact that the one that remained appeared to be exiting the house quickly changed that to 'finding a place to hide just in case.' Already up against the wall, the fledgeling called upon the enhancements in her legs and lept upwards a few solid meters before reaching out and 'sticking' to the wall. It was an odd ability she had picked up during her time here but being able to stick to and climb sheer surfaces without assistance was quite useful. With a number of complex movements designed to soften the impact, and thus the noise made, of her suddenly hanging off the side of the house, what would follow would be a cautious but quick scramble up towards the roof. Once there, Ghoul would simply keep an eye out for this person from her vantage point while making sure to stay low so as to avoid presenting much of a profile.

Of course, the muse was completely aware of how paranoid she was acting if this all turned out to be for nothing.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Northside- On Top of a Building

Great. Just great. There's a pack of ugly monsters breathing down their necks and the person they came to meet with isn't even here. The soldiers shift uneasily, keeping a wary eye on all the places a potential ambush could be hidden. This is already about one step from turning into an utter fiasco.

We came here to bargain, not fight. The one in the lead calls up, although his tone is hardly friendly now. If you'll keep the deal your 'servant' made we can talk. Otherwise we've no business here. And E. can deal with the gargoyles himself.
    Enshadu frowns. Bargain? To what...purpose? Hm? What ddoes your master require? What does he want from me? I could help...or cook you four and maybe vivisect one of you. I do love anatomy...

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Ogre in the Playground