New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside X

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    The Border of North, West, and South

"I... might... know someone that would be interested in studying you. She might be able to help keep you in repair... she's a very good engineer."

The Nexusnet, as is well known, is a mixture of local Nexus sites with the ability to dip into other world's websites if you know what you're doing. Getting information from the Nexusnet might be interesting... especially if the robot is used to automatically connecting to an address and having the necessary information fed to it.
    [The Border of North, South, and West]

"This seems like a logical course of action," The droid says simply, "Are you capable of bringing this unit to the aforementioned individual?"

[Kami Hunting]

Cessie should suddenly get the sense that something is wrong. She'll be able to feel two kami, one stronger than the other.

And then one disappears, and the stronger one gets even more powerful.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Border of North, South, and West

"I'm not sure where she is right now, I think she's in a different city. I can take you somewhere and then call her, though, to see if she can come over."

The elf beckons toward a road... or more of a wide alley.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Kami Hunting]

"It was... good." The sorceress replies, suddenly focusing on something else at the moment. "But something strange is going on, I just felt a power spike. It's some sort of kami abomination." She explains while getting up from her seat. "We need to investigate it at once." And off she goes, running as fast as she can in her dress towards the source of the kami.

[Dio-Day - Billie]

"Nice catch." Riaz comments as she approaches the boat. "So are we going to rock the river or what?" It was all too easy to be caught up in the mood of these people. Hopefully she would be able to regulate herself though.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kami Hunting]

Harnel knew they shouldn't have left the last one.
    Even if the two events are unrelated.

Harnel gets up and rushes after Cessie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Dio-Day - Billie]

"Nice catch." Riaz comments as she approaches the boat. "So are we going to rock the river or what?" It was all too easy to be caught up in the mood of these people. Hopefully she would be able to regulate herself though.

"WOOOO! Rock the river!"
    Billie yells.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

The droid follows behind, each step causing a minor rumble to the ground. it's really quite loud.

Kami Hunting

When Cessie and Harnel arrive, Cessie will be able to feel what's happened. It's a kami of consumption that's somehow eating other kami, and so far it's consumed the kami of hedonism from before as well as a kami of greed.

Speaking of which, all three auras should be overlapping with each other at this point, mixing into each other. The greed, unfortunately, will probably speak to the draconic senses of the pair, the consumption aura will likely just make them hungry, and the hedonism... well, I'll leave that to you. None are as strong as a pure kami would produce, since this isn't a natural state for the creature.

It's manifest as an incredibly obese man, with a face that looks like he could eat a watermelon whole, so wide and disgusting is his mouth.. He also has green skin, and is completely naked. The other two kami can be seen as faces pressing against the skin of his stomach from within, trapped in horror as they are

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

The elf will lead the robot to a parking garage, and through some more driveway things into a kind of workshop. There is a number of metalworking tools around, in addition to an alchemical lab and a work table with runes on it. In the corner is a twelve-foot-tall golem made of steel. It's not the most beautiful thing, mainly smooth as opposed to artistic, with a helmet that looks like someone put eye holes on a bucket and put it on, simple pauldrons that it can actually see over, the breast plate formed to mimic sculpted abs (The greeks did it, it must not be too silly.) and overall made to be a working golem as opposed to a pretty one.

"Look, Montgomery, I found you a new friend!"

8. - Top - End - #188

Kami Hunting

The dragon feels the conflicting emotions wash over her and quickly realizes she won't be able to take on this thing in human form. They needed to retreat and regroup now.

"Harnel, back. We can't get close to this thing." She tells the half-dragon as she quickly attempts to move away from the abomination. If it would somehow absorb even more kami, it might be unstoppable even for her.

[Dio-Day - Billie]

Climbing on board the boat the servant takes a quick look around, so far this gang was hardly doing anything wrong so she could just relax. Daeva was just being a stick in the mud as usual. Drinking some more cider she tries to loosen up a bit, perhaps some dancing would do it? Assuming other people are doing it at this point she tries to join in. "Woohoo!"

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Kami Hunting

Any conflicting feelings Harnel might have rushing through him are soon enough just replaced with disgust. Well, I wouldn't say replaced, so much as buried.

"We can take it." Harnel says, positioning himself to fight, taking an offensive stance. They left the last one alone. He doesn't want to run from this one too. Besides, imagine the trophy that this would be. And the rewards Cessie might give him for taking it down.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Magmart Roof

"That's all I need. Do tell me if you come up with something nastier than just saltpeter milkshakes for your own retribution though. I never took you for someone that tame." Dio gets up and folds his lawnchair, heading for the roof access. Being flashy in this form would ruin the disguise, and he likes this disguise too much to have it ruined, so he's taking the stairs like a normal person.
    "I'm not the sort to put all my eggs in one basket, either. Be seeing you, Di."

Magtok walks off as well, floating off the edge of the roof and into the cool night sky.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

11. - Top - End - #191

cool Re: [Nexus] Riverside X

Aegidus Manor

That would be the drawing room for the mother's will, and the den for the father's, both on the third floor. She should note that by leaving the servant's quarters behind, she might be leaving some of her targets. In particular Balthazar the head butler, and the mother Marianna's personal handmaidens.
    Jane is aware of her other targets,but considers the wills a higher or at least immediate priority here. She tries to sneak up to the third floor, checking for security.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

[Dio-Day - Billie]

Climbing on board the boat the servant takes a quick look around, so far this gang was hardly doing anything wrong so she could just relax. Daeva was just being a stick in the mud as usual. Drinking some more cider she tries to loosen up a bit, perhaps some dancing would do it? Assuming other people are doing it at this point she tries to join in. "Woohoo!"
    The boat is a large motorboat, almost a yacht. There's room for dancing, and room for making out, and plenty of room for drinking. Much debauchery is being had!

Dio Day - Alley

Galiana had come to the city for a simple trading errand, leaving behind her family and the elven woods a few days travel away. She'd been here many times before, and found the city generally unpleasant. But this time it was different. Exciting. Liberating.

She'd met Billie, and several of the gang, but when the group took to the water, Scooter wrapped his strong, dwarven arm around her waist. "Wanna be alone?" he asked.

It took Galiana only a moment to decide. Her husband would never find out. She deserved some fun in her life. She'd never kissed anyone with a beard, or had a lover with such strong arms.

The pair slipped into an alley together.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside]

"We'll work something out." Astrana says with a nod. "But you're sure you want to do this now? You might not be able to back out of it later."

[Suncrest Manor]

Huh, the good surprises just keeps coming. Irena was pretty aware she had a dirty mind (she didn't exactly make it a secret) but it turned out Nadia had some really risque ideas as well.

Oh well, the witch just mentally shrugs and will let herself be pulled along in whatever curtainious fantasies her girlfriend might have. She did want to get something done today though, but then again, it was still morning so she had plenty of time...
    [Suncrest Manor]

Some... not insignificant time later, the two of them will find themselves in the laundry room, the last of several destinations. They're lying on top of the washer and dryer, which has been padded with a number of towels thankfully. Nadia yelps when the dryer beeps loudly, signaling that the load is done. "Was that the best way to do laundry or what?"

[Eastside]

"I dunno, but it seems like my best bet right now. If I want to leave and they really want to stop me, we can deal with that then. But you left them just fine, right?" Valente doesn't sound too worried.

14. - Top - End - #194

Wildside

Some time has passed without Lenai's presence, but when she next approaches Cole, it's with a friend. The centaur is quite nervous to be in her domain, and has kept respectfully silent since entering, but has bags who's contents clink when they jostle along his flank.

"Come, woodsman. I have your freedom here." The voice echoes through the trees, drawn to Cole's ears by the wind.

Eastside Thugs - Day 5

Despite all his boasting, Markus (the man in the rumpled suit) doesn't show up on the next day, but other than him everyone seems to be here. Brody has a strange look in his eye as he gestures for everyone to gather around.

"Alright folks, here's how I figure it. If we want to make a clear message, we're going to need a lot more people. We know there are more like us around, just waiting for something to happen. I want you guys to spread out and find them, put out the word and just start collecting people who take to it. Once we've got enough, we'll start marching. Might take a few days to get momentum going, but we've gotta stick with it to make our point, right?"

The others give a hearty cheer of agreement, pumping their fists in the air.

Aegidus Manor

No security on the door from the servants stairs to the third floor halls, but one room on the left seems to have wires linked to the alarm system still active. If Jane consults the blueprints, she'll know that this is the drawing room, her first target.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

15. - Top - End - #195

Dio Day - Alley

Alone. Pfft, as is there is such a thing. What Pumpkin knew it was only a matter of time before some targets presented themselves, and here they are. It would be too easy just to strike the both of them down with one singular blow through both of their sternums. What wouldn't even need to be that quiet about it, with those two as terribly preoccupied as they are.

He drops out of the sky and into the alley. What he was doing in midair, we can only guess at, but his intentions here on the ground are much more obvious. Scraping a pair of Chinese hook swords against each other, he stands tall, barring the way out of the alley, and waiting for the duo to overhear and realize just how helpless and alone they really are.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Kami Hunting

Any conflicting feelings Harnel might have rushing through him are soon enough just replaced with disgust. Well, I wouldn't say replaced, so much as buried.

"We can take it." Harnel says, positioning himself to fight, taking an offensive stance. They left the last one alone. He doesn't want to run from this one too. Besides, imagine the trophy that this would be. And the rewards Cessie might give him for taking it down.
    [Kami Hunting]

The fat kami begins lumbering towards Harnel, its voice resounding in a horrifying baritone as it laughs. If it comes close, it'll attempt o grab onto Harnel. Three guesses what it'll try to do after that, and the first two don't count.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Wildside]

The second dryad is as odd as the first. Her lower body is long and very much like a snake's body. It's scales appear to be strong and made of small chunks of bark. Her upper body gives way to smooth, brown skin. She shakes her head, rustling her leafy hair.

The young dryad looks down at the other with slitted eyes. "What if I don't want to move my "fat" butt?" She asks with a grin, showing off her long, sharp fangs.

Wildside

The wolfish dryad "harumphs" and rests her chin on the ground, unable to think of a reason for a moment. It wasn't all that painful or uncomfortable except for the stickiness. At the thought, her ears perk up a bit. "Then neither of us can get unsticky?" She tries to reason, sounding somewhat uncertain still.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wildside]

"Hmmm..." The serpentine dryad contemplates for a moment. "I guess." She slithers off her sister and peers back at her. "I don't see how we're gonna get clean anyway, though." She points out.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Wildside

"Um...water maybe?"
    She asks as she gets back up to her haunches and sniffs the air, wondering if she can catch the scent of any. She doesn't question how she knows what it smells like, just that the knowledge seemed natural to her, much like how she was able to talk without too much of a problem.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wildside]

"Well I sure don't see any water." The dryad pokes at her scales. Yuck the dirt is sticking to them. Hopefully there'll be some kind of water nearby, because this is awful.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

Wildside

Wildside

Some time has passed without Lenai's presence, but when she next approaches Cole, it's with a friend. The centaur is quite nervous to be in her domain, and has kept respectfully silent since entering, but has bags who's contents clink when they jostle along his flank.

"Come, woodsman. I have your freedom here." The voice echoes through the trees, drawn to Cole's ears by the wind.
    Cole soon arrives, creeping silently through the shadowy woods. He is far from the polite, civilized boy that Lenai first met. He has discarded his robe completely, and is wearing only a loincloth, and his skin is smeared with dirt and blood. The gold anklets are coated liberally with mud, with leaves stuffed down between his skin and the gold. His eyes show that the savagery of the mead has not left him yet. He looks warily at the centaur, as if expecting an attack.

Dio-Day - Alley

Dio Day - Alley

Alone. Pfft, as is there is such a thing. What Pumpkin knew it was only a matter of time before some targets presented themselves, and here they are. It would be too easy just to strike the both of them down with one singular blow through both of their sternums. What wouldn't even need to be that quiet about it, with those two as terribly preoccupied as they are.

He drops out of the sky and into the alley. What he was doing in midair, we can only guess at, but his intentions here on the ground are much more obvious. Scraping a pair of Chinese hook swords against each other, he stands tall, barring the way out of the alley, and waiting for the duo to overhear and realize just how helpless and alone they really are.
    Scooter spots What first, and lets out a very undwarfly scream. Galiana, drunk and oblivious, laughs. "I haven't even started yet, lover..."
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-08-30 at 09:34 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #202

Wildside

Eastside Thugs - Day 5

Despite all his boasting, Markus (the man in the rumpled suit) doesn't show up on the next day, but other than him everyone seems to be here. Brody has a strange look in his eye as he gestures for everyone to gather around.

"Alright folks, here's how I figure it. If we want to make a clear message, we're going to need a lot more people. We know there are more like us around, just waiting for something to happen. I want you guys to spread out and find them, put out the word and just start collecting people who take to it. Once we've got enough, we'll start marching. Might take a few days to get momentum going, but we've gotta stick with it to make our point, right?"

The others give a hearty cheer of agreement, pumping their fists in the air.

Aegidus Manor

No security on the door from the servants stairs to the third floor halls, but one room on the left seems to have wires linked to the alarm system still active. If Jane consults the blueprints, she'll know that this is the drawing room, her first target.
    Eastside Thugs - Day 5

"No! We need to march now. I saw the authority going behind others. We must safe them. More people will follow our example , but we need to start things."

Fade seems even more hurt than before, but he still stands. his voice brakes from time to time. It seems like this compani feeling is something that hurts him. What would other emotions do?
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

23. - Top - End - #203

[Kami Hunting]

"Watch out!" The sorceress shout as she see the kami reaching out it's hand towards the half-dragon deciding to fling a powerful fireball at the creature and drench it in fire.

[Suncrest Manor]

Irena giggles loudly, hardly able to stop herself, "I have a wild beast for a girlfriend. A wolf in sheep clothing." She declares, using much more metaphors then usual. "I don't think I can see this laundry, or any other part of the manor in quite the same way ever again thanks to you." Not that she didn't come with some suggestions of her own.

[Eastside]

"Actually, an angry mob of villagers burned down our compound and I as far as I know, was the only survivor." Astrana admits. "So I never really quit at all honestly. It just happened and I couldn't find another compound to be in and instead joined a traveling band of entertainers until they got attacked by bandits... it's a long story."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

As if the disturbance caused by Dio's influence wasn't enough, the Tenebras vampires in Westside have another problems. A huge crowd has gathered in front of the Manor, carrying banners:

DEMORACY NOW!
    ALL SAPIENTS ARE CREATED EQUAL!
    THOSE THAT KEEP THE CITY RUNNING DEMAND THEIR VOICE!
    [Dio Day - Billie]

The newly appointed herald of Dionysus will be approached by another pair of men, at a time when she's not busy engaging in other debauchery.

One of them is a wild-looking young man, broad-chested and hairy, which can be seen because he's not wearing a shirt. The hair on his chest and head is auburn. The other one is much smaller and thinner, but with a mischevious smile on his lips. His skin is quite dark, and so is his hair. He's wearing a loose, multi-coloured shirt and jean shorts. His pointed ears hint at elven blood.

"And here I thought we'd never find a party in this city. Have we heard right that this is all because of a god called Dionysus?" Asks the smaller one.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-08-30 at 08:19 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia giggles and leans over to kiss Irena on the cheek. "What can I say, you inspire me." She traces her finger around Irena's navel. A part of her would like to continue, but she's pretty sure her body can't take much more. That was exhausting. "Wanna go take a shower with me?" She offers before laying a few kisses on her neck.

[Eastside]

"...Oh." That's a story Valente's never heard. It occurs to him that he doesn't know much at all about Astrana's past. He's never really asked though, either. "Well, do you really think they'd try and stop me from leaving if I wanted to?"

[Exbourne Manor]

A number of Enforcers stand along the outside of the iron fence surrounding the manor, while some more are inside the fence in case they're needed. There's no response to the protest aside from these watchers so far.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-08-30 at 08:01 AM.

26. - Top - End - #206

[Suncrest Manor]

Did Nadia really think she would say no to that? This day had been really strange ever since she shoot that scorpion. Must have granted her luck or something. "Uh, sure, let's shower together!" The witch says with a goofy smile, feeling like she hadn't needed to think at all for quite a while now.

[Eastside]

"They wouldn't really need to, tieflings like me aren't welcome in many places outside the fourth tower. We're the result of 'transitions' with devils after all. So I don't really had much of a choice, not that I disliked it though or they forced anyone to stay." Astrana replies. "So I guess the answer to your question is 'no' or 'it's complicated'. The compounds are exactly alike after all."

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

A young woman steps forward, out of the crowd. It is the same one that spoke at a rally a few days ago. She's wearing baggy clothes that look like they were hand-made. She holds a loudspeaker to her mouth and speaks.
    "Rulers of Westside! What say you? Will you continue to deny the people of Riverside their rights?"
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-08-30 at 08:23 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia sits up with a suppressed groan. Maybe they should have padded the washer and dryer better. Though the ground outside wasn't exactly soft either...

The lampades takes Irena's hand and guides her up to their shower. She slips inside and gets the water running nice and hot. Wow that feels good. Nadia turns around and tries to pull Irena nice and close to her.

[Eastside]

Valente nods. "Alright. Well, I think I'm going to do it. It's worth a shot." Now just to bring the woman back if Astrana has nothing more to say.

[Exbourne Manor]

After a short while, a woman exits the manor. Some might recognize her as Maria, a higher up in Tenebras. She stands before the crowd, surveying them. Her eyes settle on the spokeswoman. "And what rights have you been denied?" She asks once there's a lull in the noise of the crowd.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

"The most basic, unalienable right of a sapient being - the right to choose," the spokeswoman for Democracy Now responds fiercely. "You don't treat us like your equals. You barely treat us like people. You tolerate us because we work for you and provide you with blood!"
    This elicits shouts of support from the crowd.

30. - Top - End - #210

[Suncrest Manor]

Irena let's her girlfriend pull her inside for yet another curtain. Man, wasn't she supposed to do things today? If every day was going to be like this during the pregnancy she didn't think she would ever leave the grounds of the manor in four months.

Once they are done in there the witch actually tries to pull on some clothes for a change. "So do you like to help me install the rest of those cameras? Going to connect it all to a panic room." She explains while drying off her hair with an towel.

[Eastside]

The tiefling don't hesitate to activate the circle once again once it becomes apparent Valente made up his mind and the apparent illusion of Sekai appears again. "So you have made up your mind I take it?"