New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside X

[Workshop]

When the golem waves, the sniper rifle on the droid's shoulder arms at the waving hand, before it calms down, "You referred to this unit as a golem. You are constructing additional droids?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Dwarf in the Playground

Workshop

Oh dear... things like this are what she wasn't looking forward to for educating Montgomery. "Umm... yes and no? I'm constructing things to do things, so I guess that is kind of like droids, but Golems are powered magic instead of... however it is that you work. Does that make sense?"

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"Am not." Irena insists. "I-" She probably won't be able to say much more however as Nadia can feel something crawl just over her feet.

Will they ever be able to install the security cameras?

[Malechenar]

The tiefling has a perfectly neutral expression as she see the other fourth tower members who are looking curiously at them. Valente might note that besides Sekai who is at least middle aged, most of them are rather young. Both women and men dressed in baggy teal-colored robes with an black tower at the back. Valente can probably hear them quietly talk among themselves as they discreetly stare at them.

The man Sekai pointed out looks more like an scarred veteran however, seizing up the two as he sees them. "Please give our new guests some space, you can all greet them properly later." He grunts at the people surrounding the pair. "Just follow me please, it shouldn't take long."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Workshop

Oh dear... things like this are what she wasn't looking forward to for educating Montgomery. "Umm... yes and no? I'm constructing things to do things, so I guess that is kind of like droids, but Golems are powered magic instead of... however it is that you work. Does that make sense?"
    [Workshop]

It's silent for a moment before saying, "It is a construct, but of a different make and model then."

Much closer, at least.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dio-Day Alley

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Dio-Day Alley

Scooter's next scream is enough to make Galiana turn around and see What's silhouette. She fumbles for the short sword on her belt and grabs a trash-can lid as a shield. "Get lost, you freak!" she yells.

Scooter cowardly lets her take the lead.

Oh, this is rich. A short sword? A trash can? If What had a mouth and a sense of humor, he'd almost certainly be laughing uproariously at these two. He's face better-equipped mailmen, and suffered no ill consequences.

With complete silence and nonchalance, What attempts to reach an arm out, grab the trash can with the hook end of his weapon, and casually just wrest it right out of the elves hand and to the ground. He doesn't go for another swing just yet, content to let the two miserable scumbags stew in their own abject terror. There's plenty of time to kill the both of them, let's not waste a perfectly good kill by needlessly rushing through it.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-08-30 at 07:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

Workshop

..."It's a construct, yes."

Without someone to translate between the time differences, there isn't much more detail to be understood.

"I'm going to call my friend now, so that she can come over and take a look at you, okay?"

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

[Workshop]

"This is acceptable. This unit shall wait here." the droid says, suddenly hunkering down on the spot. Seems like it's not going to move from there without it being told to do so.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia jumps a little and kicks her foot to the side to knock whatever it is away. "What the hell!" If it's another scorpion, she's going to freak.

[Malechenar]

"Okay, thanks." Valente falls into step behind him. "So, I guess you've been with the Fourth Tower for a long time?" He tries to make conversation.

[Exbourne Manor]

There's no further response from the manor at this time. The Enforcers stay outside, still with their helmets off. They're not hostile, though. just watching.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

Workshop

Day steps over to an old phone in the other room, and calls her friend.

Montgomery turns his head to look at the droid, but does not do anything else.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

[Workshop]

O-45 waits quietly, having entered powersave mode. It really doesn't move much at all.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Kami Hunting]

The fireball stops the kami in its tracks, and after the flash of light dies down, it's flab can be seen to have taken the brunt of the fire and impact, roiling disgustingly under its pale yellow-green flesh. It looks stunned for a moment, but quickly rights itself. Not quickly enough to avoid getting hit by Harnel's new metal pole, should the half-dragon choose to hit the fat sack of lard with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Kami Hunting]

As the kami is momentarily stunned Cessie decides to attempt to draw it's attention by amassing another wast fireball which she attempts to throw right at the creatures face.
    [Kami Hunting]

Harnel does indeed go to smack the Kami, though in this case he chooses to use his metal weapon on the Kami's stomach with the two faces, figuring that may very well be a weak point. He imagines if he had two faces in his stomach it'd hurt a lot more to get hit there anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #252

Eastside- Day Five

Francium wanders.

For the last full day he's been on his feet, following the flow of the crowd this way and that in the hopes of finding what all this stems from. To that end he's found little, except the name Dionysus, a name shouted, toasted and praised to no end, but other things have been discovered along the way.

Things like drink. It was inevitable in such an event that Francium would sooner or later be spotted as sober and have drink pressed upon him, an offer he unwittingly accepted. Just one drink. And then the next. Another after that, and, as by now his rather incredible talent for resisting the effects of alcohol had been spotted, several more after that as part of a friendly contest.

So by the time we return to him, one day later, it would be quite accurate to say Francium has ingested enough of the godly-magicked brew to kill a lesser man. His movements carry with them that distinctive, dis-co-ordinated swagger, his eyes equal parts bleary and wild, his natural tendency towards silence serving well, as it's unlikely he could string a sentence together with any degree of coherence.

Eastside- Day Seven

For the past week, things having taken a turn with which the Telasurian ministry highly disagrees; People drinking, partying, fornicating in the streets, men and women more than half-mad with liquor doing things they never would dream of sober, sheer jubilant madness gripping the city, most of all here in Eastside, most retched of all the districts.

Even hollowed ground seems no longer sacred, three attacks in the last day alone committed upon clergy who 'dared' interupt drunken revelers from attempting all manner of sins within the very temple itself. It is all simply too much. So for the first time since it was founded, the high cathedral of Telasure closes it's doors, until this lunatic storm has passed.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-08-31 at 01:45 AM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Dio-Day Alley

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Dio-Day Alley

Oh, this is rich. A short sword? A trash can? If What had a mouth and a sense of humor, he'd almost certainly be laughing uproariously at these two. He's face better-equipped mailmen, and suffered no ill consequences.

With complete silence and nonchalance, What attempts to reach an arm out, grab the trash can with the hook end of his weapon, and casually just wrest it right out of the elves hand and to the ground. He doesn't go for another swing just yet, content to let the two miserable scumbags stew in their own abject terror. There's plenty of time to kill the both of them, let's not waste a perfectly good kill by needlessly rushing through it.

To her credit, Galiana keep her cool. As soon as the sword grabs the lid, she jerks back on it, trying to disarm the psychopath of at least one of his weapons. She's obviously had some martial training by her stance and strength. "Scooter, if you run away now, I swear, I'll tell everyone in Riverside how small your dwarven hammer really is!"

Scooter, who had very much been planning to run away, is put between two intolerable evils. Course if he knew What better, he'd know that Galiana's chances of living long enough to spread rumours were pretty low. Of course his chances of escape are likewise low.

Finally he decides to look for a weapon and tears a hunk of wood off an old pallet.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #254

[Suncrest Manor]

As Nadia might have suspected, it's yet another scorpion, yellow colored this time, who is knocked away underneath the bathroom sink. Irena looks at least as shocked as the lampade is once it's clear that it wasn't the only scorpion in the bathroom.

There are at least three more on the floor, crawling towards them.

[Malechenar]

"You could say that." Ruben states as he guides him through the well decorated corridors of the castle. Apparently not being much of a talker. There is a sweet smell in the air and in the distance the vampire can hear music being played.

As they are walking a door is suddenly swung open and a naked man runs out laughing, quickly followed by another nude male dressed in a mask. "Watch out! Coming through!"
    Ruben just gives them a quick glance as they run after each other through the corridor, obviously having pretty fun chasing each other and likely even more so once one of them are caught.

The tiefling doesn't look all too shocked either of the two's behavior, even somewhat amused at the reaction she suspect Valente will have.

"Those two better get dressed before Sekai sees them." Ruben says to himself with a shake of his head before continuing along the corridor as if nothing had happened.

Eventually after walking down a set of stairs they reach what appears to be an office. "Here we are, just wait here a bit and Celestel will give you a tour. Unless there was something else?"

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"What the **** is going on?" Nadia really wishes she had her boots on to crush these damn things. The connection between these scorpions and the damn goddess that's been causing her so much grief is not lost on her.

[Malechenar]

Valente suddenly looks very awkward and carefully keeps his eyes up when the naked men run through. He's starting to wonder what kind of stuff goes on here, but at least Ruben made it sound like it's not permitted.

"Ah, no questions, sir." Valente says once they've stopped in front of the office.

16. - Top - End - #256

Dio-Day Alley

Unexpected. What loses a blade, but at the same time, gains a somewhat worthy adversary. I suppose that would show him what happens when he gets overconfident, if it wasn't exactly what the pumpkin-headed abomination truly wanted.

What feints, towards the shield again, and then follows up with a lunge at Galiana's sword arm, intending to at least cut deeply into her forearm, if not rob her of a weapon altogether.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Dio-Day Alley

Galiana falls for the feint. Just as the sword cuts into her arm, Scooter charges. His pallet club is about 3 feet long and comes to a jagged, splintery point. Scooter is trying to drive it right into What's gut, pushing it with all his weight and momentum.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #258

[Suncrest Manor]

"Climb up on the sink." Irena orders as she see the scorpions surrounding them, placing herself in their way. "I'll take care of them." She states as an hammer seemingly made out of shadows appear in her hand.

[Malechenar]

"Good, and as I'm sure she'll remind you of, don't touch anything in here." He reminds them before leaving them alone outside the door of the office.

"It really takes me back." Astrana comments once he left. "This place I mean. Reminds me of my old compound, just a lot larger and fancier. It isn't making you too uncomfortable right?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-31 at 11:10 AM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia steps back toward the sink, though she doesn't climb up on it. Irena's response is rather violent... Oh well, just as long as they're gone.

[Malechenar]

"No, I'm fine. I'm getting the feeling I'm gonna find some things weird around here, though." Valente comments, looking back in the direction the came.

20. - Top - End - #260

[Suncrest Manor]

She could always run out, but the witch does seem to like using violence a lot, at least at things that seem to threaten her girlfriend. But as she carefully approach the scorpions coming towards them, the one underneath the kitchen crawls out again and attempts to sting Nadia in the foot.

If she's hit however the poison won't be harmful, quite the opposite actually, she will, as the poison spreads start to feel utter bliss. All eventual discomforts from the pregnancy or other sources will fade away as the poison will go through her body, not having any harmful effects at all.

The sting might still hurt however.

[Malechenar]

The tiefling smiles, "That's exactly how I felt the first days in this world. I kept seeing strange things that didn't make sense to me. This feels a bit closer to home somehow." Astrana replies.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"Ouch!" Nadia never even saw the scorpion coming. She takes a couple quick steps away from it, but she quickly forgets about it. That's... a heck of a feeling. She feels great actually. Nadia leans against the counter with a blissful look on her face.

[Malechenar]

"I know that feeling alright. I'm sure I'll get used to it, just like I got used to the Nexus too." Valente says, returning her smile. "So before our guide gets here, do you think there's anything I should know about the Fourth Tower in general?"

22. - Top - End - #262

[Suncrest Manor]

Irena turns around quick enough to assume the worse and rushes up to Nadia before she attempts to lift her and then, ignoring the other scorpions, quickly carry her out of the bathroom. "Oh my god, we need to get a hospital, don't worry Nadia, I'll take care of you!" She shouts as the scorpions from the bathroom still seem to be following them.

[Malechenar]

"Well... in the fourth tower each compound is like one big family of outcasts. People that don't fit in anywhere else or just want more out of life then offered by society. It have a pretty bad reputation considering we are well, warlocks. We sell our own souls to gain powers and some even go further then that." She explains while she starts to lean against the wall. "But to me it was never about that. The reason nearly all tieflings are warlocks isn't since we are evil, it's since warlocks are the only group that accepts us. Same with people that aren't into the opposite gender like those guys you saw earlier. Hell, I could never even use an outhouse until I came to the fourth tower. The actually build them to accustom the tail." The tieflings tail which curls up from her rear start to sway in an exaggerated manner to empathize her point.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-31 at 02:22 PM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia is scooped up before she even knows what's going on. It brings her back to reality at least. "Irena wait! I'm fine, I'm fine. It never hurt me." She tries to speak as calmly as possible so Irena doesn't get any more panicked.

24. - Top - End - #264

Dio-Day Alley

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Dio-Day Alley

Galiana falls for the feint. Just as the sword cuts into her arm, Scooter charges. His pallet club is about 3 feet long and comes to a jagged, splintery point. Scooter is trying to drive it right into What's gut, pushing it with all his weight and momentum.

Foolish hominids. What has two arms, not one. He has killed many before you, and will kill countless more, after you. He tries to dodge out of the way, aiming to simultaneously carve deeper into Galiana's arm and sidestep Scooter's piece of wood with the same twisting motion, before following the maneuver up with a punch to the short man's throat.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

25. - Top - End - #265

[Malechenar - Fourth Tower Compound]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

They are all originals actually if the devil even can tell that, they are all from a world separated from the nexus however called Elshar. There is a chance he still knows about them however due to all the planar madness in the nexus. Or perhaps he could just find them by description only? He's a smart fiend after all.

"Yes, that's what makes it so dangerous, as long it just copies us it shouldn't be too much of a problem however." He replies with another nervous glance back at the creature who now is looking around curiously, looking like it's getting used to it's new body.

So no, then, Mercutio can't recognize the paintings. Which only makes him even more curious. The devil makes careful note of them and determines to seek them out later.

"Very interesting. I believe that will serve as adequate payment after all." Mercutio smiles and claps his hands together. "So then! Who is this deity who is giving you such trouble?"
    Last edited by Mr. Moon; 2012-08-31 at 03:50 PM.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

[Malechenar]

Valente moves to lean on the wall next to her. "I never really knew that. I admit, I've never seen anyone like you before, but I assumed it was normal for where you were from. It must have been tough."

27. - Top - End - #267

Riverside Riots - Day 8

The dawn of the eight day is almost serene, almost peaceful. For a few blissful minutes as the sun rises over the Eastside wall, the people of Riverside can ignore the building fires in their guts, the growing urgency they have felt throbbing in their temples as they speak in hushed circles. Since the fifth day, Eastside in particular has seen much change in the form of the first of these groups beginning to gather others to them in a slowly building avalanche of people that has swept from street to street. Fade has been the catalyst for much of this, advocating doing more sooner rather than later, and has quite the following among the angriest and most vehement of the common men. His counterpart in rationality, a large red haired man who goes by Brody, has numbers nearly as large behind him, although they haven't done anything quite so obvious compared to Fade's followers.

Elsewhere in the city, Northside has been largely quite, though random small fires have begun to spring up that enforcement are blaming on a single perpetrator due to the chemicals used in each instance. The rest of those under Dionysus' influence have kept to themselves and each other, with no catalyst to spark the effects into a true inferno.

And in Westside, most of the potential rioters have masked themselves under the banner of the previously successful Democracy Now movement. It is a poor facade though, without the organization or signage that the true members have, these people have just taken to chanting in the streets and causing a disturbance until confronted, and then devolving into a belligerent mob that once or twice has resorted to violence and the destruction of public property before being put down. Oddly, they seem to have avoided the Cunningham facilities by some unspoken agreement, perhaps because none of them have any grudge against the peaceful charity workers, or perhaps because there is no one among them sick enough to try bothering the orphans.

But no matter where you are at the dawn of the eighth day, it only takes a moment to feel the electricity in the air. Those who pray for the status quo might have held hope that this was the day when the fever that held the city in its sway, slowly building over the last week, had broken, but the eyes that snap open in seedy dives and alleyways are just as full as life as the ones that closed the night before.

Dionysus stands atop Eastside's wall, framed by the rays of glorious sun that kiss his back as he taps his staff against the stones beneath his sandled feet in time with an inaudible rhythm. Billie did a wonderful job of spreading his name and telling everyone who would listen exactly who was responsible for this little drama that has unfolded, and forced him to change his plans in under a day. He couldn't fault her for her exuberance though, and the new plan he'd come up with fit his mood so well, he thought he might just reward her for forcing him to reconsider it.

And so, as the people of Eastside rise from their beds and prepare for another new day of tension and worry, new faces can be seen on the street. Odd faces to be sure, all wearing similar pale purpled robes with intense green ivy embroidered everywhere across it. All of them have their hoods raised and hands clasped with at least one other of their number. Those who have a sense for these things will know that these people are definitely of the fey, some more obviously than others. Pixies from Moth Park flit about their heads in droves, some darting down into the darkness around their collars and attempting to tickle a giggle out of the solemn folk, succeeding for the most part.

They set themselves up in pairs, trios, and quartets on the corners that hold the kegs of hard cider that Billie spent so much time setting up before. From under their robes instruments are brought out and tuned, toneless melodies playing as they warm up their fingers, lungs, and tongues. Drums and chimes, flutes and lutes and harps and mandolins and didgeridoos are highlighted in the morning sun as the satyrs, centaurs, nymphs and maenads that hold them smile at the wondering passers bye, pixies and other tiny fey waving from their larger cousins' shoulders and ferrying large cups of alcohol, two to a sprite, to anyone that asks for one despite the early hour.

And then they play, each group harmonizing together with each other and the other nearby groups in perfect, discordant unison. No one spot in the city will hear the same song as instruments fade over the distance and are overtaken by those closer to the ear, but above all the ruckus and noise a voice hovers in the air. His voice. Billie, Nadia, Irena, Magtok, and many others who know him personally will recognize the voice of the god of splendid drinks, and those close enough to the eastmost side of the city that are willing to cast their eyes directly into the sun might see him on the wall as he speaks to the city.

"Riverside, your heart has beat in time with mine for this past week, and you have felt the fire burning in my veins. I ask that you hear me now and know my words in your hearts, words that you have always known. Those who would have you for their own would tell you that the pursuit of your personal pleasure is a selfish, shortsighted goal with no meaning. They would let you wallow in misery to keep whole the place you live, as if these walls meant more than the people residing within them. But you are beginning to realize the alternative. Your happiness is my greatest treasure, and in giving it to you will give me so much more. So do what it is that makes you happy, and show this city the brightness of your souls! Let it know that it cannot contain you if you do not let it." And then, to a building crowd of onlookers, Dionysus dives from the wall into the soil below and disappears from sight. Many gasp, but the nearest musicians simply chuckle with mirth and begin playing in earnest, their tunes rising above the conversation that breaks out.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post

Eastside Thugs- Day 8

A pair of tall thri-kreen, tall four-armed insectoid humanoids with thick chitinous exoskeletons are trying to join the crowd. One is wearing an ogre-sized yellow vest as a tunic; it's long, baggy, and best of all it has arm-holes large enough for two arms each. The other is wearing a pair of black trousers from a business suit and a pair of bandoleers across its torso. Both have a wooden amulet around their necks depicting a two-tailed scorpion, and neither have shoes. "What'z thiz group here for? We zee many zuch, and wonder." The trousered kreen is speaking, if necessary waving its arms to get attention.
    The group of thugs that the thri-keen are speaking to turn from the spectacle they just witnessed, and one of them speaks up firmly, "We're gonna go enjoy ourselves mate. Care to join us?"
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-08-31 at 05:41 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

28. - Top - End - #268

[Suncrest Manor]

"What?" Irena says, staring at the lampade before slowly putting her down at a nearby couch. "But I saw it... you said 'ow'!" She exclaims in confusion, not even noticing the scorpions gathering at a respectful distance from them. It appears like there are even more of them now.

[Malechenar]

"You could say that." Astrana could say with a faint smile. "But I'm a tough girl, I don't break so easily as you might know." The tiefling replies while playfully batting her tail against him.

There is a brief pause before the summoner replies. "His name is Dionysus. He's some sort of hedonistic god I don't know that much about. He seems to be quite powerful however so be careful."

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

Eastside Thugs

The two thri-kreen converse for a moment in their clicking, unpronounceable (though it is understandable by humans; they just can't speak it) language, discussing the proposal. Eventually, the one in the vest speaks up. "Zure, why not? We will join you."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia eyes the scorpions warily. This has to have something to do with Tlazolteotl. There's nothing else it could be. "I don't know what to say. It actually felt, well, good after the sting. I think it might have something to do with the pregnancy and that goddess..."

[Malechenar]

Valente chuckles. "I know you are. Tougher than me, that's for sure. I'm just a city boy that hasn't known a day of hardship in my life and all." Except for the car crash that almost killed him and caused to have to be turned so young of course.