New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP:FiM] Bridles Shores Library/Downtown thread.

[Night Jewel At The Bar]

"A pity this place is closing down. It certainly made things livelier. Oh well, I might as well try a few of those special drinks while I still can. Any recommendations?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    "You'll be back to normal in less than 10 minutes. In the mean time..." Snickerfilly points at a pile of pies on the counter. Most of them look pristine, though one looks like it randomly exploded all over the counter-top (and Snickers).

"Feel free to go crazy on your friends with those while I prepare the ritual," she says, trotting over to the fridge. "It will take a moment for me to gather the ingredients. Sugar, spice, milk, butter, a failed baking product..." she mutters.
    "I'm going to wait until I'm back to a mare, thanks." Soft responds.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    At this, Silvermane was crestfallen. "So, it's true," she said quietly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Gearstride-Soft's Closing Bar

Even this mare was a little confused by what just occurred, but it didn't last long as she watched that handsome big barrel chested stallion go off with that cute mare with that nice flank she wouldn't mind ogling. Actually, she kinda did go and ogle as that mare walked into the backroom and shut, locked the door. How scandalous! She grinned.

Anyways, she then turned to Sandy. "Well, there's that long maned pretty boy with the minty green coat, maybe he's on the job? I dunno....eh." She casually shrugged.
    Silverpine gave her that look. You know. That look. Anyway, he addressed Foxglove and Silvermane. "Yeah, I'm sure she'll keep in touch. I mean there's also dragonfire messages these days."

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [Night Jewel At The Bar]

"A pity this place is closing down. It certainly made things livelier. Oh well, I might as well try a few of those special drinks while I still can. Any recommendations?"
    "The Soft Serve." Silverpine actually managed to keep his face straight as he said it.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Bar Kitchen

Snickers nods, and begins her work. It only takes her a moment to mix up the ingredients, then pour them into the pie tin that contained the exploding gender-bending treat.

She sets the tin in the oven, closes the door, then cranks all the dials and buttons to on.

A smirk tugs at the corners of Snickerfilly's mouth. "Ia Ia Cookiethulhu fhtagn."

A vibrant flash of blue light fills the kitchen, accompanied by a loud boom. All the lights go out, leaving the room in total darkness. The oven door then slams open - revealing an ethereal blue glow filling the entirety of the appliance, as if the oven door has become a portal into some endless glowing void. It also suddenly feels a few degrees warmer in the kitchen.

After a moment of eerie silence, a deep, reverberating voice growls cunningly from beyond the light. "Hello Snickers..."

-----

Outside in the rest of the bar, there's a loud boom from inside the kitchen, and the lights flicker slightly. Somebody must be making a Soft Serve...
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Gearstride-Soft's Closing Bar

Even this mare was a little confused by what just occurred, but it didn't last long as she watched that handsome big barrel chested stallion go off with that cute mare with that nice flank she wouldn't mind ogling. Actually, she kinda did go and ogle as that mare walked into the backroom and shut, locked the door. How scandalous! She grinned.

Anyways, she then turned to Sandy. "Well, there's that long maned pretty boy with the minty green coat, maybe he's on the job? I dunno....eh." She casually shrugged.
    Sandy looked as the massive stallion comforted the smaller filly with the tenderness of a loving mother. "I...kinda don't think he works here." Sandy agreed with her. "I suppose we can wait for a bit until they're...done back there." He coughed awkwardly as a fresh coat of crimson spread over his face.

[Night Jewel At The Bar]

"Well, you could always get-"

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "The Soft Serve." Silverpine actually managed to keep his face straight as he said it.
    "...a root beer wouldn't be bad either..." he offered lamely, knowing how this was going to end. Three of his friends drinking Soft Serves, Luna have mercy on his soul. "I...think I'm going to just wait...over here." Sandy chose a seat alllll the way on the other end of the bar. "Don't want t'get too close-er, I mean, might be best to...separate the drink orders? So th' waiters don't get confused with th' one root beer?" A masterstroke of deception, Mister Shores. You should've been a secret agent.

EDIT: Sandy's ears perked up at the noises from the back. Guess they did get the drink orders after all...
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-10-02 at 01:17 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Bar Kitchen

Snickers nods, and begins her work. It only takes her a moment to mix up the ingredients, then pour them into the pie tin that contained the exploding gender-bending treat.

She sets the tin in the oven, closes the door, then cranks all the dials and buttons to on.

A smirk tugs at the corners of Snickerfilly's mouth. "Ia Ia Cookiethulhu fhtagn."

A vibrant flash of blue light fills the kitchen, accompanied by a loud boom. All the lights go out, leaving the room in total darkness. The oven door then slams open - revealing an ethereal blue glow filling the entirety of the appliance, as if the oven door has become a portal into some endless glowing void. It also suddenly feels a few degrees warmer in the kitchen.

After a moment of eerie silence, a deep, reverberating voice growls cunningly from beyond the light. "Hello Snickers..."
    The Bar kitchen

"Umm...Hello Mister..." Soft says to the eldritch cooking abomination.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

The Bar public area

Silverpine gave her that look. You know. That look. Anyway, he addressed Foxglove and Silvermane. "Yeah, I'm sure she'll keep in touch. I mean there's also dragonfire messages these days."
    "Oh babe, don't fret, I only really want your flank, its a good one, nice and firm," She toothily grinned her playfully pervy way.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy looked as the massive stallion comforted the smaller filly with the tenderness of a loving mother. "I...kinda don't think he works here." Sandy agreed with her. "I suppose we can wait for a bit until they're...done back there." He coughed awkwardly as a fresh coat of crimson spread over his face.

"Well, you could always get-"

"...a root beer wouldn't be bad either..." he offered lamely, knowing how this was going to end. Three of his friends drinking Soft Serves, Luna have mercy on his soul. "I...think I'm going to just wait...over here." Sandy chose a seat alllll the way on the other end of the bar. "Don't want t'get too close-er, I mean, might be best to...separate the drink orders? So th' waiters don't get confused with th' one root beer?" A masterstroke of deception, Mister Shores. You should've been a secret agent.

EDIT: Sandy's ears perked up at the noises from the back. Guess they did get the drink orders after all...

"Oh come on sandy, you know want to have one too---" And the explosion from within the kitchen happened. "Oh my, things must getting fun up in there."

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside in the rest of the bar, there's a loud boom from inside the kitchen, and the lights flicker slightly. Somebody must be making a Soft Serve...
    "Hmm. I wonder what that was? If they're blowing things up in there, then it's even more tragic that this place is closing down. This is going to get exciting."

"Why not compromise? I could get one of each!" Night Jewel grinned. "I have no idea what I'm getting into here, but that hasn't ever stopped me before! Any more suggestions?"

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Bar Kitchen

Snickerfilly nods, ethereal light dancing across her features. "Good afternoon."

"Nice work with the Frankenwaffle. But... not so much on the pie. Heh heh heh..." the eldritch baking abomination chuckles darkly.

"Har har," the pegasus rolls her eyes. "Anyway, I need help. Or rather, my friend Soft needs help," she gestures a wing at Soft Serve.

"Oh?"

"I genderbent her on accident."

"I saw. Foxglove too. Smooth move, Romeo."

"Oh hush," Snickers hisses. "Anyway, can you change Soft Serve back? Like, right now?"

A moment of silent. And then a deep, rumbling chuckle from beyond the void. "Yes... But are you willing to pay the price?"

Snickers nods solemnly. "I am."

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

The Bar public area

"Oh come on sandy, you know want to have one too---" And the explosion from within the kitchen happened. "Oh my, things must getting fun up in there."
    Sandy crossed his forelegs stubbornly. "I said I'm gettin' a root beer, an' a root beer is what I'm gettin'. I still remember what happened last time ya'll made me drink one of those..." The stallion shuddered from tail to eartip.

"Hmm. I wonder what that was? If they're blowing things up in there, then it's even more tragic that this place is closing down. This is going to get exciting."

"Why not compromise? I could get one of each!" Night Jewel grinned. "I have no idea what I'm getting into here, but that hasn't ever stopped me before! Any more suggestions?"
    Sandy scooted another few inches away. This wasn't going to be pretty.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

"...I hope the Kraken doesn't mind getting summoned from the deep again..."

Foxglove, that only happens when *you* drink a Soft Serve. Still, she likewise seemed just a bit worried. The consolation effort didn't help much, either.

"You can't have dragonfire without a dragon. That's like a Forestfire without the forest. I could burn the letters without the dragon or the forest, just the fire, but...I don't think Soft speaks ash. I can't write in ash, either, so we'd be sending letters I couldn't write and she couldn't read."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

Silverpine laughed. "That's the spirit. Never know till you tried eh?"

Sandy crossed his forelegs stubbornly. "I said I'm gettin' a root beer, an' a root beer is what I'm gettin'. I still remember what happened last time ya'll made me drink one of those..." The stallion shuddered from tail to eartip.

Sandy scooted another few inches away. This wasn't going to be pretty.
    "Now, now Sandy. Y'all don't want to be the odd one out... I mean, what is the worst that could happen?" Silverpine was clearly having too much fun trying to coax Sandy into another reality breaker.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Bar Kitchen

Snickerfilly nods, ethereal light dancing across her features. "Good afternoon."

"Nice work with the Frankenwaffle. But... not so much on the pie. Heh heh heh..." the eldritch baking abomination chuckles darkly.

"Har har," the pegasus rolls her eyes. "Anyway, I need help. Or rather, my friend Soft needs help," she gestures a wing at Soft Serve.

"Oh?"

"I genderbent her on accident."

"I saw. Foxglove too. Smooth move, Romeo."

"Oh hush," Snickers hisses. "Anyway, can you change Soft Serve back? Like, right now?"

A moment of silent. And then a deep, rumbling chuckle from beyond the void. "Yes... But are you willing to pay the price?"

Snickers nods solemnly. "I am."
    Bar Kitchen

"...Price? What price?" Soft asks, looking slightly horrified.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Bar Kitchen

"You didn't tell her this was a barter?" the voice of Cookiethulhu inquires.

"Don't worry Soft," Snickers smiles softly. "I already worked out a deal in advance, in case something like this happened. It's nothing you need to worry about."

"Same terms, then?"

"Same terms."

A dark chuckle echoes through the room. "Excellent..."

"Might want to brace yourself, Soft," Snickerfilly grins sheepishly. "This may... tingle."
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-10-02 at 05:56 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

The Bar Kitchen

"Umm...okay..." Soft says, and just prepares for being turned back.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Bar Kitchen

Tingle is an understatement.

A very loud boom, a bright flash of light, some creepy laughter, and an odd zapping sensation later, Soft finds herself in a smoke filled room... and back to her normal gender. The weird glow is gone from the oven, and all the lights seem to be back on, albeit flickering. There's no sight or sound of Snickerfilly; she must be somewhere in the smoke.

In fact, she is. As the smoke clears, Soft finally spots Snickers. And realizes what the terms of the deal were.

-------------------------------

Outside in the rest of the bar, there's another loud boom from the kitchen, and the lights flicker again.

Must be some intense baking they're doing...

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

"...That was weird...Wait...."

"..."

"Your wings are gone!" Yeah, Soft looks horrified.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-10-02 at 06:11 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Bar Kitchen

Snickers is still a filly. But she's no longer a pegasus. Or at least, she doesn't have her wings anymore. Still has the light and lithe frame... Maybe she's just a really petite earth pony now?

"You have no idea how naked I feel right now..." she deadpans.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Bar Kitchen

Snickers is still a filly. But she's no longer a pegasus. Or at least, she doesn't have her wings anymore. Still has the light and lithe frame... Maybe she's just a really petite earth pony now?

"You have no idea how naked I feel right now..." she deadpans.
    "...Well, guess we might as well attend to the drink orders now and never speak of this again." Soft says, and makes a Soft Serve for everypony in the bar, just in case, and makes Sandy a Root Beer. She comes out a few minutes later way drinks for everypony.

"Hi everypony!" She says with a very nice smile.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Bar]

"Now, now, I'm sure Sandy doesn't need the pressure. He'll have enough excitement here as he is."

Night Jewel then heard the second explosion. "I'm getting increasingly tempted to check out what's going on back there."

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh hey sweetcheeks, oh my....you, that hot stallion, and that cute mare with the nice flank....all in one back room......that implications! Hahah....I kid, I kid, I jest," Gearstride smiled and gave the cotton candy maned mare a hug.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh hey sweetcheeks, oh my....you, that hot stallion, and that cute mare with the nice flank....all in one back room......that implications! Hahah....I kid, I kid, I jest," Gearstride smiled and gave the cotton candy maned mare a hug.
    "...Please, never bring that up. That did not happen, so please just drop it." Soft is clearly pretty uncomfortable about whatever that was, so yeah, it's best if everypony just assumes it never happened.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    "...Well, guess we might as well attend to the drink orders now and never speak of this again." Soft says, and makes a Soft Serve for everypony in the bar, just in case, and makes Sandy a Root Beer. She comes out a few minutes later way drinks for everypony.

"Hi everypony!" She says with a very nice smile.
    Sandy immediately perked up upon seeing her. "Soft! Good t'see you! I thought that might've been you brewin' sodas that much racket." He didn't really question where she came from; Soft was Soft, after all. He gladly took his root beer and took a nice, long sip, savoring the sweet flavor. Ah...he was going to miss these.

Sandy merely flushed again, coughing awkwardly to try and cover it up. "Er, yeah, got it, droppin' it post-haste."

[The Bar]

"Now, now, I'm sure Sandy doesn't need the pressure. He'll have enough excitement here as he is."

Night Jewel then heard the second explosion. "I'm getting increasingly tempted to check out what's going on back there."
    "See? That just happens when she's whippin' up a Soft...Serve..." Sandy's eyes narrowed as he counted the drinks hovering out. A root beer for him, one, two, three Soft Serves for his friends, and that left, "Uh, beggin' your pardon, Soft, but we only ordered three Soft Serves..." he said hesitantly, not liking where this was going.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-10-02 at 06:50 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

A moment later, Snickerfilly trots out of the kitchen, noticeably lacking her wings. She carries herself, though, like nothing has happened. She trots over to StallionGlove, sits down beside him, and smiles innocently. "So, what did I miss?" she casually asks.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

"...Your wings, apparently....What happened?"

She looked very worried, a completely unmasculine-looking concern on her face. She stared at Snickerfilly's back in total silence for a minute, before adding.

"Did someone hurt you? Did Cookiethulu demand blood-sacrifice and you had to cut off your wings before his blood-stained alter-oven?

She began that sort of drift-walk towards the kitchen in that inperceptable way common to Foxglove before asking,

"Gearstride...Do you know how to argue with elder gods?"

This was an odd question coming from a stallion Gear had never seen.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-10-02 at 08:29 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

"See? That just happens when she's whippin' up a Soft...Serve..." Sandy's eyes narrowed as he counted the drinks hovering out. A root beer for him, one, two, three Soft Serves for his friends, and that left, "Uh, beggin' your pardon, Soft, but we only ordered three Soft Serves..." he said hesitantly, not liking where this was going.
    "Oh. My mistake." Soft chugs the last one. She starts glowing neon blue a few seconds afterwards. "Oooh, Gearstride, I have a present for you before I move away. Let me go get it real quick." Soft went into the kitchen, out of sight, to grab a gender-bending pie.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Snickers steps between Foxglove and Gearstride. "Oh no, no no no, it's okay," she says to Foxglove quietly, her eyes filled with concern. "Don't freak out, it'll be okay. It's only temporary. I'll get them back. ... Eventually. But no, no blood sacrifices. Just, uh," she pauses to look at Gearstride and the other guests. She has no idea who most of these people are. With a nervous smile, she stammers: "It w-was just a, uh, a mishap. Yes. With spells. And cooking. And a rather dashing stallion. Who's gone to find a way to fix this. Yes. Totally that."

Smooth, Snickerfilly.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

"...But...You love your wings."

Stallionglove still look worried, but if he said it was alright, then that would have to do. Well, actually...She didn't know how Snickers felt about his wings per se. Only that he very often offered to take her flying one day, so she had always assumed he was proud of his flight.

"...I still think your baking mishaps could do with a good talking-to."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

Soft's Closing Down Bar

Gearstride was about to take a sip of the Soft Serve Soft Serve gave her when she was questioned by Foxglove. She looked at her quizzically. "Uhm, maybe...I don't know would it b the same as arguing with with magical beasts?"

She was about to take a sip of the soft serve again when she was then approached by Soft Serve. "Ooh, a present? I like presents..." The xanadu mare grinned as she watched Soft head into the kitchen. She looked to Silverpine and grinned and nudged him. "I wonder what she's gonna give me.."

And Fox Trot was still out unconscious.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Soft makes sure to do this with a surprising amount of stealth, and hits Gear right across the face with a gender-bending pie.