New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: [MLP:FiM] Bridles Shores Library/Downtown thread.

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "Grills... if you weren't actually on fire, I'd hug you. And believe me, you're very much on fire." Night Jewel smiled. This time, it was genuine. "The game would be nice, but really, just being acknowledged is enough to me. Thanks."

"So your conclusion is the fiery protrusion is just an illusion to give you confusion? What an intrusion!" The little unicorn laughed. "See if you can manipulate your own flames. If you can, then maybe you're unconsciously igniting yourself instead."
    "Let's see. Fire off." His horn glowed for a bit. The light consumed the fire in it's brilliance....

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"]"Whatever it was, you're still on fire, Grills. And in danger of burning the place down." Icy was suddenly uncomfortably aware of all the flammable material within the bar.
    "Wouldn't want that." grunted Grills. His body was slowly surrounded by the magic and engulfed in a white aura. It encircled him then quickly imploded onto him. What was left was a normal looking self, a brown unicorn with a dark mane. "There we go. Now where is Fox again?"

Grills fell over onto his haunches to think. Hoof under chin he pondered. And the smell of smoke returned.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"Yes...yes...I'mma coming.....poo....would have loved to HPK taking a male's role in it...."
    The stallion waved his hoof and followed after his partner in crime.

Fox Trot stared in herp derpness realizing that those two just forgot Sandy. "Hey you guys....nevermind." He sighed and went over to burrito Sandy and picked him between his teeth and followed after the pair, to the library.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy was technically on Silverpine's wings, so perhaps Fox Trot just picked up an empty cloth? Or had Silverpine, in his haste, grabbed the damp, used towel instead of his friend?

Only one way to find out!
    Indeed! Silverpine shook the bundle that supposedly held Burrito Sandy, hoping to shake her friend out of his stupor. "Hey, Sandy. Smoothie should be in the library, yea?"

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    "Let's see. Fire off." His horn glowed for a bit. The light consumed the fire in it's brilliance....

"Wouldn't want that." grunted Grills. His body was slowly surrounded by the magic and engulfed in a white aura. It encircled him then quickly imploded onto him. What was left was a normal looking self, a brown unicorn with a dark mane. "There we go. Now where is Fox again?"

Grills fell over onto his haunches to think. Hoof under chin he pondered. And the smell of smoke returned.
    Icy arched an eyebrow. Clearly the attempt to smother the flames was being less than successful. "Is it just me, or do I still smell smoke?"

3. - Top - End - #603
    Troll in the Playground

Indeed! Silverpine shook the bundle that supposedly held Burrito Sandy, hoping to shake her friend out of his stupor. "Hey, Sandy. Smoothie should be in the library, yea?"
    Fox Trot felt a lightness with the bundle in his mouth. When he realized it was just an empty clothe he panicked thinking he dropped Sandy. "Waaah...oh no I dropped Sand-" He then noticed Silverpine. "Oh....nevermind..." He smiled sheepishly. "Maybe, she should be, I think we can trust Soft's word on this." He answered even if the question wasn't directed at him.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Titan in the Playground

With a light *pop!*, Sandy Small's head poked out of the cloth, and was promptly shaken silly. "Wah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah! I-I-I-I th-i-i-i-i-nk s-o-o-o-o-o-o!" The good news was he was actually coherant again! The bad news? Once the friend-induced earthquake subsided, poor Sandy's head was left spinning. It lolled about as he tried to restore his sense of balance, before finally giving up and flopping over against the cloth, spinning eyes turning up to look at his friend. "Ughhhhh...heya Silverpine...didja know...all seven of you...is mares?"

Whoops.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ettin in the Playground

With a light *pop!*, Sandy Small's head poked out of the cloth, and was promptly shaken silly. "Wah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah! I-I-I-I th-i-i-i-i-nk s-o-o-o-o-o-o!" The good news was he was actually coherant again! The bad news? Once the friend-induced earthquake subsided, poor Sandy's head was left spinning. It lolled about as he tried to restore his sense of balance, before finally giving up and flopping over against the cloth, spinning eyes turning up to look at his friend. "Ughhhhh...heya Silverpine...didja know...all seven of you...is mares?"

Whoops.
    Silverpine gave his friend a bright smile. "Good to have you back. I hope you remembered we have an appointment today." She held the bundle steady and galloped forward towards the library.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Titan in the Playground

Silverpine gave his friend a bright smile. "Good to have you back. I hope you remembered we have an appointment today." She held the bundle steady and galloped forward towards the library.
    Little Sandy groaned and, sneaking his legs free, clapped his head still. After a few moments, his eyes rolled themselves out and returned to normal, the seven phantom mares all coalescing into one Silverpine. "I was gone? We do?" he slowly squeaked, audibly confused.

It felt like he'd just woken up from a dream, and the last bits of imaginary visions melded with reality, to the point where you couldn't quite tell what had really happened. Some crazy stuff had gone down, he knew that much. Something about a foal and falling into the fountain. After that? Burritos and robot monkeys and...and...well, needless to say, that sort of thing would really only ever happen in his dreams. At least he knew that bit wasn't real.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Icy arched an eyebrow. Clearly the attempt to smother the flames was being less than successful. "Is it just me, or do I still smell smoke?"
    The chef sniffed around the area curiously. "I don't... wait.. I do smell smoke."

Unfortunately, the previous flames from Grills' tail had set a bar stool on fire.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

8. - Top - End - #608
    Titan in the Playground

Soft used her fire extinguisher to put the stool out.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Troll in the Playground

Little Sandy groaned and, sneaking his legs free, clapped his head still. After a few moments, his eyes rolled themselves out and returned to normal, the seven phantom mares all coalescing into one Silverpine. "I was gone? We do?" he slowly squeaked, audibly confused.

"Yea...we do, a stallion's night out, a ballgame to attend..."
    Fox replied wearily following after the two.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Soft used her fire extinguisher to put the stool out.
    Icy added her own powers. Mostly in the form of a mini snowfall over said fire.

"Aye." Since nothing seemed to be happening, we can safely say the trio reaches the library uncontested and knocks on the door.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Titan in the Playground

Did they? Sandy dug through his memories, until a conversation from Grills earlier in the day was unearthed. "Ohhhhhhhh. Right. That." The miniature stallion was quiet for a moment, looking to himself - wrapped up in a cloth and clutched in his friend's teeth - and the three friends, two of whom were genderbent and wearing space outfits. "Y'know, I think I could really, really go for a hoofball game. Just a night out, watchin' a game, an' hangin' out with folks. No magical nonsense, no drama, just a normal night out like what other ponies have." After the two months or so he'd spent in this town? It sounded like a little slice of heaven.

"Aye." Since nothing seemed to be happening, we can safely say the trio reaches the library uncontested and knocks on the door.
    And true, nothing happens. It seems Sandy has gotten his misfortune for the day.

For now.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Titan in the Playground

Smoothie opens the door.

"You know, it's a public library. You can just walk in." She says to the group, slightly annoyed.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Troll in the Playground

Gearstride laughed at Silverpine's error, while Fox had just caught up with them again. He seemed a little slow here.

"Hahah...oh babe...I figured you of all ponies visited a library before, being a teacher and all,"
    He playfull stuck out his tongue. Sigh, going off topic.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Soft's Bar

Greif, convinced that things have settled down, takes a sip of his Soft Serve. "Hm," he smacks his beak. "Not bad." He takes a few more sips. "Actually, this is pretty good." A big gulp. "Yeah, this-"

And then, in the blink of an eye, the griffin is gone. Along with his Soft Serve.

The front door is gone, too. Along with the doorframe.

A few seconds later, there's a loud clatter as the doorframe and fragments of door land outside in the middle of the street, having been hurled aloft by some powerful, massive impact.

A single, solitary feather gently falls through the air where Greif once stood.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Soft's Bar

Grills blinked twice. Then he calmly walked behind the bar and poured out his drink. "Yeah, that's enough of this. What just happened?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ettin in the Playground

Smoothie opens the door.

"You know, it's a public library. You can just walk in." She says to the group, slightly annoyed.
    Gearstride laughed at Silverpine's error, while Fox had just caught up with them again. He seemed a little slow here.

"Hahah...oh babe...I figured you of all ponies visited a library before, being a teacher and all,"
    He playfull stuck out his tongue. Sigh, going off topic.
    Silverpine winced. It wasn't like her to forget such common courtesy. The day must have frazzled her mind more than she had let on. "Sorry, musta slipped my mind," she offered lamely. Silverpine looked at Smoothie. "Anyway, yeah, we're here for some sort of dispel spells if possible. Mr Sandy here," she held out the bundle containing Sandy Smalls, "got himself turned into a bite sized version of himself while we both... got genderbent."

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Soft's Bar

Greif, convinced that things have settled down, takes a sip of his Soft Serve. "Hm," he smacks his beak. "Not bad." He takes a few more sips. "Actually, this is pretty good." A big gulp. "Yeah, this-"

And then, in the blink of an eye, the griffin is gone. Along with his Soft Serve.

The front door is gone, too. Along with the doorframe.

A few seconds later, there's a loud clatter as the doorframe and fragments of door land outside in the middle of the street, having been hurled aloft by some powerful, massive impact.

A single, solitary feather gently falls through the air where Greif once stood.
    Soft's Bar

Grills blinked twice. Then he calmly walked behind the bar and poured out his drink. "Yeah, that's enough of this. What just happened?"
    "The Soft Serve happened," Icy offered, equally calmly. She seemed to be determined not to look less composed than Grills.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Titan in the Playground

Silverpine winced. It wasn't like her to forget such common courtesy. The day must have frazzled her mind more than she had let on. "Sorry, musta slipped my mind," she offered lamely. Silverpine looked at Smoothie. "Anyway, yeah, we're here for some sort of dispel spells if possible. Mr Sandy here," she held out the bundle containing Sandy Smalls, "got himself turned into a bite sized version of himself while we both... got genderbent."
    Tiny Sandy popped a foreleg free from the cloth bundle and waved to the librarian. "An' on top of that, we got a hoofball game we're supposed t'be goin' to in just a lil' bit," he squeaked. "Do y'think you could help us out?"

18. - Top - End - #618
    Titan in the Playground

Tiny Sandy popped a foreleg free from the cloth bundle and waved to the librarian. "An' on top of that, we got a hoofball game we're supposed t'be goin' to in just a lil' bit," he squeaked. "Do y'think you could help us out?"
    'Yes, but the cure is slightly...painful." Smoothie says without explaining why.

"The Soft Serve happened," Icy offered, equally calmly. She seemed to be determined not to look less composed than Grills.
    "What Icy said."
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-11-06 at 12:04 PM.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Titan in the Playground

'Yes, but the cure is slightly...painful." Smoothie says without explaining why.

The miniature pegasus gave a tiny, tiny gulp. "P-painful, y'say? What all do y'mean by..."

He fell silent for a moment. "...y'know, it can't be any more painful 'n gettin' stepped on, which might just happen if I stay this small," Sandy squeak-mused. "Not t'mention chucked in a fountain an' nearly foalnapped by a foal what thought I was a dolly. If it'll get me back t'normal...*gulp* I'll do it."
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-11-06 at 12:11 PM.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Troll in the Playground

"Oof...oh Sandy, you're a stronger stallion than most....good luck," Gearstride said solemnly closing his eyes. Smirking.

"Huh? What?..." Fox asked and glanced around.

"Nothing Foxy, nothing. Anyways, also, how does one just prematurely get themselves rid of being genderbent? Instead of taking the long waiting route for it to fade away on its own?"
    Gear asked.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Titan in the Playground

"Oof...oh Sandy, you're a stronger stallion than most....good luck," Gearstride said solemnly closing his eyes. Smirking.

"Huh? What?..." Fox asked and glanced around.

"Nothing Foxy, nothing. Anyways, also, how does one just prematurely get themselves rid of being genderbent? Instead of taking the long waiting route for it to fade away on its own?"
    Gear asked.
    "Oh, it involves separating all the magic from your body, doing my best to separate out what doesn't belong, then throwing it back in. Probably won't cure Sandy and Silverpine being Pegasi, or anything else along those lines, but I guarantee it'll take care of the effects of a Soft Serve or a gender-bending pie." Smoothie syas.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Grills

Grills put one of his carrots in the corner of his mouth. "I see. So is there and antidote for a Soft Serve?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

23. - Top - End - #623
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, it involves separating all the magic from your body, doing my best to separate out what doesn't belong, then throwing it back in. Probably won't cure Sandy and Silverpine being Pegasi, or anything else along those lines, but I guarantee it'll take care of the effects of a Soft Serve or a gender-bending pie." Smoothie syas.

"Cool, well can ya disperse...dispel it from us, me and Silverpine. I had fun being a boy, but I'll go back to being a girl, until I get bored again."
    Gear stuck out his tongue playfully at nobody.

"Also, Sandy, he's up for unshrinking."

24. - Top - End - #624
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Bar]

Night Jewel stared after Greif. "...Huh. I hear the moon's nice this time of year, if that's where he's going. Now I'm starting to get curious as to what it'll do to me. Something tells me it'll have the risk of collapsing the place."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ettin in the Playground

Grills

Grills put one of his carrots in the corner of his mouth. "I see. So is there and antidote for a Soft Serve?"
    "Time would be one," Icy replied. "As for a more immediate cure, I think you'd have to ask our resident barkeep."

"Cool, well can ya disperse...dispel it from us, me and Silverpine. I had fun being a boy, but I'll go back to being a girl, until I get bored again."

"Yes, unshrinking and ungenderbending," Silverpine added.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, it involves separating all the magic from your body, doing my best to separate out what doesn't belong, then throwing it back in. Probably won't cure Sandy and Silverpine being Pegasi, or anything else along those lines, but I guarantee it'll take care of the effects of a Soft Serve or a gender-bending pie." Smoothie says.
    Sandy, from all his years at the Academy, knew precisely what such an endevour would entail. And how unpleasant it was going to be. Getting magical effects ripped from your soul couldn't be good any way you sliced it. The little pegasus paled almost as much as his albino friend. "Uh, Fox? Y'might want t'wait outside. This ain't gonna be pretty."

"And I don't need my gender flipped! I'm good!" he quickly added in case Smoothie misunderstood Silverpine.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy, from all his years at the Academy, knew precisely what such an endevour would entail. And how unpleasant it was going to be. Getting magical effects ripped from your soul couldn't be good any way you sliced it. The little pegasus paled almost as much as his albino friend. "Uh, Fox? Y'might want t'wait outside. This ain't gonna be pretty."

"And I don't need my gender flipped! I'm good!" he quickly added in case Smoothie misunderstood Silverpine.
    "I know. Trust me, none of us need to see you in a froo froo dress." Smoothie says.

"Yes, unshrinking and ungenderbending," Silverpine added.
    "Alright. That should be doable." Smoothie says

"Alright. I'd tell you to brace yourselves because it's going to hurt, but trust me, it's not going to help at all." Smoothie says and her horn starts glowing.

It does indeed hurt, but not physically. It just feels utterly and completely wrong. Smoothie picks through the various streams of energy in front of her, picking out parts that probably look indistinguishable to the others, and then giving them their magic back, sans Soft Serve effects and genderbending.

"There. I did all I could. I looked to see if I could feasibly remove the pegasus or truth-telling things, but they've been effecting you for too long to remove without extreme risk. You'll need to see Dr. Magic if you want those fixed."

Once their magic is back, they feel perfectly fine, but it was very much not an experience one would ever want to go through again.

Grills

"Two. One, go talk to my sister, she found a spell that can get rid of the effects. Two, drink Blackball. Trust me, you never want to do the second one." Soft says. If Grills looked, he wouldn't see "Blackball" listed anywhere on Soft's list of drinks.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy's words to Fox remained unheard, maybe he didn't quite hear the squeaker. But he watched Smoothie do her thing. Who knows what he saw or didn't see.

As for Gearstride, she was a lady again. "That was weird....kinda missing being a dude haha." She then looked at Sandy. "Hahah...guess I can't call you Sandy Smalls anymore." She flashed him a grin.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Titan in the Playground

"Alright. I'd tell you to brace yourselves because it's going to hurt, but trust me, it's not going to help at all." Smoothie says and her horn starts glowing.

It does indeed hurt, but not physically. It just feels utterly and completely wrong. Smoothie picks through the various streams of energy in front of her, picking out parts that probably look indistinguishable to the others, and then giving them their magic back, sans Soft Serve effects and genderbending.

"There. I did all I could. I looked to see if I could feasibly remove the pegasus or truth-telling things, but they've been effecting you for too long to remove without extreme risk. You'll need to see Dr. Magic if you want those fixed."

Once their magic is back, they feel perfectly fine, but it was very much not an experience one would ever want to go through again.
    Once his...well, soul was back in order, the little pegasus found he had a body to properly shudder with. "Next time, I ain't goin' anywhere near magical nonsense if I got an appointment t'make, I swear." On the plus side, he could look ponies in the eye without getting picked up or straining his neck. He gave his wings a flap, enjoying the sensation of lift without the irritating hummingbird buzz his mini-wings had.

Sandy's words to Fox remained unheard, maybe he didn't quite hear the squeaker. But he watched Smoothie do her thing. Who knows what he saw or didn't see.

As for Gearstride, she was a lady again. "That was weird....kinda missing being a dude haha." She then looked at Sandy. "Hahah...guess I can't call you Sandy Smalls anymore." She flashed him a grin.
    And his friends were here, sharing in the 'experience' and bringing a little smile to his face. Sandy chuckled good-naturedly. "Suppose you could, I ain't about to win any height contests..." At that exact moment, his brain decided it was a good time to recall, in crystal-clear detail, what had to be a dream of Gearstride showering him with pecks and affection. The dolt of a pegasus trailed off, a little blush coming to his cheeks as he looked away from her. "Er, well, anyhow, glad that mess is all over."

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ettin in the Playground

"I know. Trust me, none of us need to see you in a froo froo dress." Smoothie says.

"Alright. That should be doable." Smoothie says

Once his...well, soul was back in order, the little pegasus found he had a body to properly shudder with. "Next time, I ain't goin' anywhere near magical nonsense if I got an appointment t'make, I swear." On the plus side, he could look ponies in the eye without getting picked up or straining his neck. He gave his wings a flap, enjoying the sensation of lift without the irritating hummingbird buzz his mini-wings had.

And his friends were here, sharing in the 'experience' and bringing a little smile to his face. Sandy chuckled good-naturedly. "Suppose you could, I ain't about to win any height contests..." At that exact moment, his brain decided it was a good time to recall, in crystal-clear detail, what had to be a dream of Gearstride showering him with pecks and affection. The dolt of a pegasus trailed off, a little blush coming to his cheeks as he looked away from her. "Er, well, anyhow, glad that mess is all over."
    Truth be told, it wasn't so much as being pulled out of momentary existence by a wizard as it was that he was being flipped again gender-wise. A curious experience indeed. He stretched his now-masculine body experimentally, before looking at Sandy with a smile. "You and me both, Sandy." He glanced at Smoothie. "Er, thanks. We'll try to avoid these sort of mishaps in the future."