New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP:FiM] Bridles Shores Library/Downtown thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"Yea, there were hard feelings, but I think it was a bit of an over reaction,"
    Gearstride shrugged and grinned. "Hey, where we going again?"
    Sandy motioned over to where the latest cloud of dust and debris seemed to be rising from the bar. "Lookin' for Grills at th' bar, remember? Th' three of us are supposed t'meet him for th' game soon."
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yea, there were hard feelings, but I think it was a bit of an over reaction,"
    Gearstride shrugged and grinned. "Hey, where we going again?"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy motioned over to where the latest cloud of dust and debris seemed to be rising from the bar. "Lookin' for Grills at th' bar, remember? Th' three of us are supposed t'meet him for th' game soon."
    Silverpine was glad for the change of topic. He wasn't quite sure what to make of a personal blow-by-blow of Gearstride's previous conquests. He cleared his throat. "Yes, of course. The hoofball game. Let's get to the bar before Grills disappear on us again."

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Greif nods, smiling cheerfully. "Yup! Also buzzed Canterlot. Wanted to watch the Wonderbolts practice for a minute, see how their training compared to the stuff I used to do," he explains, wings still buzzing.

He's actually floated a few inches up off the floor, but hasn't noticed it yet, it seems.
    "I see. Must have been quite the sight," Icy remarked, watching the griffin slowly hover into the air on his own accord. "Mister... Greif was it? You appear to be still under the effect of the drink."

3. - Top - End - #663
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Silverpine was glad for the change of topic. He wasn't quite sure what to make of a personal blow-by-blow of Gearstride's previous conquests. He cleared his throat. "Yes, of course. The hoofball game. Let's get to the bar before Grills disappear on us again."

"Yes!...I forget..."
    The mare glanced upward at nothing and then nodded. She flashed a smile at Silverpine and walked up next to him and would walk the rest of the way by his side, clueness to how she might have made him felt about her mention of a past partner.

Fox Trot has stayed in the background, he didn't really know how to contribute to their topic of choice at the time. Nonetheless, the mocha stallion followed after them as they headed to Soft's bar.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Grills

"Yes. It is best that we be off before Grief floats away or I spontaneously combust again." He then turned to Soft Serve. ""soft Serve, It's being a pleasure being your frien in pony. Perhaps we can keep i touch via mail. Anyway, good luck in your... well .. life.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

5. - Top - End - #665
    Titan in the Playground

"Aye, we better hurry; it looks like somepony else is goin' nuts on th' bar." Sandy took the lead, opting again to let Gear and Silverpine share their nuzzling time. And with Fox Trot not in the mood for talking, the last leg of the journey was made in silence. Well, relative silence. Kissus ain't exactly quiet sometimes.

[Soft's Bar]

Just as Grills was finishing up his goodbyes, the four of them would arrive at the front door. Or at least, the mangled remains of the front door from Grief's sudden exit.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-11-12 at 12:22 AM.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Bar]

"Bye, Grills! Be sure to take the rest of the pie!" called Night Jewel.

It was then that she saw the others returning.

"Oh, there you are! Really inconvenient of you to go scarpering on me. I see you've got yourselves fixed up a bit." She grinned. "You missed some exciting things with reality-warping drinks. Oh, and there was my elaborate trick involving Grills and a pie."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"I see. Must have been quite the sight," Icy remarked, watching the griffin slowly hover into the air on his own accord. "Mister... Greif was it? You appear to be still under the effect of the drink."
    Greif looks down. "Oh, right. Thanks. Let me just-"

He attempts to hover back down to the ground.

Instead, he rockets through the floor, and is left dazed and confused down in the basement. If the bar didn't already have a basement... well, that is now no longer the case.

The newly arriving group will likely manage to see this glorious example of griffin flying capability and unfortunate Soft Serve effects.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [The Bar]

"Bye, Grills! Be sure to take the rest of the pie!" called Night Jewel.

It was then that she saw the others returning.

"Oh, there you are! Really inconvenient of you to go scarpering on me. I see you've got yourselves fixed up a bit." She grinned. "You missed some exciting things with reality-warping drinks. Oh, and there was my elaborate trick involving Grills and a pie."
    "Trick? What trick?" Silverpine said, blinking.

Greif looks down. "Oh, right. Thanks. Let me just-"

He attempts to hover back down to the ground.

Instead, he rockets through the floor, and is left dazed and confused down in the basement. If the bar didn't already have a basement... well, that is now no longer the case.

The newly arriving group will likely manage to see this glorious example of griffin flying capability and unfortunate Soft Serve effects.
    "... Soft Serve. Not for me," Icy muttered under her breath. She looked over the new arrivals, her ears perking up as she spied her coltfriend trailing along behind. "Fox!" she cried, pushing forward to envelope the mocha stallion in a rare un-Icy-like hug.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Troll in the Playground

The Soft Serve ex soda shop

"...Are you talking about that one about genderbending Grills?...."
    Gearstride shook her head and shrugged, from what she saw, Grills seemed fine so it had less impact, but it was more or less clarifying for Silverpine.

"... Soft Serve. Not for me," Icy muttered under her breath. She looked over the new arrivals, her ears perking up as she spied her coltfriend trailing along behind. "Fox!" she cried, pushing forward to envelope the mocha stallion in a rare un-Icy-like hug.

"Hauh?...Oh!"
    Fox had been off in his head was caught by surprise by his fillyfriend. "Icy..!" He smiled and hugged his lady with gusto. "Pleasantly surprised to see you." Nuzzle.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Titan in the Playground

[Soda Shop]

Sandy looked to the (currently) male Grills, then back to the little filly. "...yeah. What are you talkin' about, Night Jewel?" His voice was level, borderline stern. He tried to keep a questioning glare focused on Night Jewel, but it was incredibly distracting to see Icy act...not at all like Icy. More like a high-school filly seeing her colt after a week's absence.

...it was kinda cute, actually. Despite the serious look in his eyes, the corners of his mouth inched upward, fighting to put a smile on his face.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ettin in the Playground

The Soft Serve ex soda shop

"...Are you talking about that one about genderbending Grills?...."
    Gearstride shook her head and shrugged, from what she saw, Grills seemed fine so it had less impact, but it was more or less clarifying for Silverpine.
    Silverpine plopped himself on his haunches and started to count off his hooves. "Well... uh... he's not gender-bent-bent. So, is this some other trick?"

"Hauh?...Oh!"
    Fox had been off in his head was caught by surprise by his fillyfriend. "Icy..!" He smiled and hugged his lady with gusto. "Pleasantly surprised to see you." Nuzzle.
    Icy nuzzled Fox gently. "Yes, it is very good to see you too." She stepped back and smiled. "And I see that... that harlot has not gotten to you yet." Oh Icy. Do you not think context was necessary?

12. - Top - End - #672
    Troll in the Playground

Icy nuzzled Fox gently. "Yes, it is very good to see you too." She stepped back and smiled. "And I see that... that harlot has not gotten to you yet." Oh Icy. Do you not think context was necessary?
    He pulled put from the nuzzle with a confused look. "Hauh?...harlot?..What are you...talking about?" There was an uncertainty in his words, like testing the waters here.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ettin in the Playground

He pulled put from the nuzzle with a confused look. "Hauh?...harlot?..What are you...talking about?" There was an uncertainty in his words, like testing the waters here.
    "Your former mate. Quick Step. She is here, in town. Claims she wants to woo you back to your side." Icy waved her hoof dismissively. "Said something about delivering a letter to your house."

14. - Top - End - #674
    Troll in the Playground

"Your former mate. Quick Step. She is here, in town. Claims she wants to woo you back to your side." Icy waved her hoof dismissively. "Said something about delivering a letter to your house."

"Oh...that...wait another letter?"
    He replied with wide eyes that darted around, and in turn slipped in words. "S-she's here?....I...wants me...back?...Ah..." His eyes became saucers, pupils pinpricks and was sorta frozen there with all this new information .

*pokes to FwM*

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh...that...wait another letter?"
    He replied with wide eyes that darted around, and in turn slipped in words. "S-she's here?....I...wants me...back?...Ah..." His eyes became saucers, pupils pinpricks and was sorta frozen there with all this new information .

*pokes to FwM*
    Fox's words made Icy stop in her tracks. "Another... letter?" she mouthed. Her eyes narrowed. "You mean... you received a letter before? Why have I not heard about this?"

16. - Top - End - #676
    Troll in the Playground

Fox's words made Icy stop in her tracks. "Another... letter?" she mouthed. Her eyes narrowed. "You mean... you received a letter before? Why have I not heard about this?"

"Icy...c-can we talk about this..outside the bar? Please?"
    He beggingly asked seeing how they were started to make themselves a scene among these ponies in here.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Titan in the Playground

He beggingly asked seeing how they were started to make themselves a scene among these ponies in here.
    Indeed they were. The scene had gone from cute to high-tension drama in an instant. Sandy not-so-subtly inched away from the pair while he listened to Night Jewel.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Soft's Bar

That's fine. Everyone can just ignore the griffin sprawled out in the basement. Certainly he's totally fine. Certainly.

"Ooooow..." Greif groans. Well, at least his wings have stopped buzzing.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sandy looked to the (currently) male Grills, then back to the little filly. "...yeah. What are you talkin' about, Night Jewel?" His voice was level, borderline stern. He tried to keep a questioning glare focused on Night Jewel, but it was incredibly distracting to see Icy act...not at all like Icy. More like a high-school filly seeing her colt after a week's absence.

...it was kinda cute, actually. Despite the serious look in his eyes, the corners of his mouth inched upward, fighting to put a smile on his face.
    "Oh, Sandy, you're so cute when you're trying to be assertive!"

Silverpine plopped himself on his haunches and started to count off his hooves. "Well... uh... he's not gender-bent-bent. So, is this some other trick?"
    "Of course! I managed to convince half the bar that a normal pie was a gender-bending pie temporarily." Night Jewel smiled. "It's amazing what you can do when you're only pretending to lie."

She then noticed Icy and Fox leaving and shook her head. "This is going to be more complicated than it should be, isn't it."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

20. - Top - End - #680
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, Sandy, you're so cute when you're trying to be assertive!"
    Sandy flushed red from embarassment. "H-hey! That...you...d-don't change th' subject!" The flustering sent his mouth into all sorts of scrunchings, caught between a stern frown, a sheepish smile, and a straight face.

"Of course! I managed to convince half the bar that a normal pie was a gender-bending pie temporarily." Night Jewel smiled. "It's amazing what you can do when you're only pretending to lie."
    Sandy breathed a little sigh of relief as she explained. Thank goodness she didn't go and do the thing he specifically told her not to do. That'd just be a mess, much better that she learned from her almost-mistake.

Soft's Bar

That's fine. Everyone can just ignore the griffin sprawled out in the basement. Certainly he's totally fine. Certainly.

"Ooooow..." Greif groans. Well, at least his wings have stopped buzzing.
    (Whoops. Maybe Sandy just held the door open and missed it? )

More from Night Jewel would have to wait, as a noise from the basement caught his attention.

...wait, Soft don't have a basement!

"Ack! Hold on!" Sandy called out as he scampered over to the griffon-shaped hole. Peering over the edge, he caught sight of the still form of a male griffon in the dim lighting. "Just hang tight there a spell, I'll have y'out in a jiffy!" The little stallion laid on his belly, stretching out a foreleg to try and reach the griffon. No good, the basement had to be at least a good few pony-lengths down. Maybe if somepony could grab his hind legs, and then lower him down like a pony-ladder...

*fwoop*

Sandy glanced back in surprise at the wings on his back. Oh. Right. I have those. With a little sheepish chuckle, he hopped into the hole and let his wings do the rest. Landing beside Grief, he gave the griffon a quick once-over for any obvious injuries, before gently nudging his head in an effort to rouse him. "Hey, you alright there? Can y'hear me?"

21. - Top - End - #681
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Greif sits up, rather cross-eyed, with little birdies fluttering around his head. He promptly latches onto Sandy, and loudly proclaims "I AM a PRetty poTAto!"

Yeah, rough landing...

22. - Top - End - #682
    Pixie in the Playground

Knack started walking into town, having teleported just at the edge of it on the road, Cloud and Spark in tow as they searched for the all important pony that might have an answer to their dilemma, Foxglove.

"If'n either of you see her, lemmie know alright?"

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

23. - Top - End - #683
    Troll in the Playground

Greif sits up, rather cross-eyed, with little birdies fluttering around his head. He promptly latches onto Sandy, and loudly proclaims "I AM a PRetty poTAto!"

Yeah, rough landing...

"I'd go with a pretty fowl,"
    Gearstride winked and then chuckled at Sandy's misfortune.

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    Knack started walking into town, having teleported just at the edge of it on the road, Cloud and Spark in tow as they searched for the all important pony that might have an answer to their dilemma, Foxglove.

"If'n either of you see her, lemmie know alright?"

"Of course!"
    Cloud proclaimed, laying on Knack's back the whole time. She was getting sleepy, a young foal needed her nap. But, they needed to find Foxglove first! And then... "................Miss Knack Tinker....I'm thirsty......."

"Oh come on Cloud...Miss Tinker just gave us some fruit earlier..."
    Spark said as he then went past Greif's cafe. oooh...a grand opening.....maybe they had free samples...maybe.. "Hey...Miss Tinker..can we get a drink in there? Please?" Puppy dog eyes.

[To the Bits and credit thread!]

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ettin in the Playground

Indeed they were. The scene had gone from cute to high-tension drama in an instant. Sandy not-so-subtly inched away from the pair while he listened to Night Jewel.
    Drama tends to creep up on ya.

Icy shot Fox an annoyed glare, but nodded her head tightly. "Outside. Now," she said coldly, pushing the door open. Once the pair were outside and (hopefully) safely out of anypony's sight, she whirled on Fox and poked him in the chest. "Fox. Explain." The cold fury of being betrayed was flashing prominently in her eyes.

Sandy flushed red from embarassment. "H-hey! That...you...d-don't change th' subject!" The flustering sent his mouth into all sorts of scrunchings, caught between a stern frown, a sheepish smile, and a straight face.

Sandy breathed a little sigh of relief as she explained. Thank goodness she didn't go and do the thing he specifically told her not to do. That'd just be a mess, much better that she learned from her almost-mistake.

(Whoops. Maybe Sandy just held the door open and missed it? )

More from Night Jewel would have to wait, as a noise from the basement caught his attention.

...wait, Soft don't have a basement!

"Ack! Hold on!" Sandy called out as he scampered over to the griffon-shaped hole. Peering over the edge, he caught sight of the still form of a male griffon in the dim lighting. "Just hang tight there a spell, I'll have y'out in a jiffy!" The little stallion laid on his belly, stretching out a foreleg to try and reach the griffon. No good, the basement had to be at least a good few pony-lengths down. Maybe if somepony could grab his hind legs, and then lower him down like a pony-ladder...

*fwoop*

Sandy glanced back in surprise at the wings on his back. Oh. Right. I have those. With a little sheepish chuckle, he hopped into the hole and let his wings do the rest. Landing beside Grief, he gave the griffon a quick once-over for any obvious injuries, before gently nudging his head in an effort to rouse him. "Hey, you alright there? Can y'hear me?"

"I'd go with a pretty fowl,"
    Gearstride winked and then chuckled at Sandy's misfortune.
    Silverpine landed beside Sandy with a soft thump and tried to pry Greif off the poor pegasus. "Come along now, Mr... Griffin."

25. - Top - End - #685
    Troll in the Playground

Drama tends to creep up on ya.

Icy shot Fox an annoyed glare, but nodded her head tightly. "Outside. Now," she said coldly, pushing the door open. Once the pair were outside and (hopefully) safely out of anypony's sight, she whirled on Fox and poked him in the chest. "Fox. Explain." The cold fury of being betrayed was flashing prominently in her eyes.
    Fox trot gulped and found himself having a hard time looking her in the eye. "I...I'm sorry my love....I...got a letter this morning...from her. I...wanted to tell you about it, but I was just so cowardly about it. And when I saw you later that morning...and you were so happy....I didn't want to ruin that happiness with my...news. I'm sorry Miss Icy..."

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ettin in the Playground

Fox trot gulped and found himself having a hard time looking her in the eye. "I...I'm sorry my love....I...got a letter this morning...from her. I...wanted to tell you about it, but I was just so cowardly about it. And when I saw you later that morning...and you were so happy....I didn't want to ruin that happiness with my...news. I'm sorry Miss Icy..."
    Icy fixed Fox with a reproachful gaze, but soon found herself melting ever so slightly as Fox's honest, if hesitant, answer filtered through her mind. "Fox... we're supposed to be..." That word still sounded strange to her ears. "... dating. You don't keep secrets like these from me."

27. - Top - End - #687
    Troll in the Playground

Icy fixed Fox with a reproachful gaze, but soon found herself melting ever so slightly as Fox's honest, if hesitant, answer filtered through her mind. "Fox... we're supposed to be..." That word still sounded strange to her ears. "... dating. You don't keep secrets like these from me."

"I know..I know....I was going to tell you...but well...you know,"
    He nervously shuffled his hooves and pawed.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ettin in the Playground

"I know..I know....I was going to tell you...but well...you know,"
    He nervously shuffled his hooves and pawed.
    Icy sighed. She couldn't stay angry, not with Fox being so vulnerable like this. She trotted over and nuzzled him gently. "I apologise... perhaps I shouldn't be so harsh. It's just... she said you still had feelings for her. It's not true, right?" She looked at him pleadingly.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Troll in the Playground

Icy sighed. She couldn't stay angry, not with Fox being so vulnerable like this. She trotted over and nuzzled him gently. "I apologise... perhaps I shouldn't be so harsh. It's just... she said you still had feelings for her. It's not true, right?" She looked at him pleadingly.

"What??...No..of course not..."
    There seemed to be a hesitation in his voice. "She...no...not anymore....I..learned to get over that...with your help. All...my feelings...belong to you. You're my girl, my l-love." He seemed nervous.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Grills was silent. He was so focused on keeping from bursting in more flame. But to no avail. He was slowly changing into a mare until...

he burped silently "Urp."
    Foom!

A pony shaped fireball darted out the door. "HeyFoxSandyGearSilver!Gottagoberightback!"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris