New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 924252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1150
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP:FiM] Bridles Shores Library/Downtown thread.

"Well, you're putting the cake on a table, right? But something's got to protect the table from moisture and damage and mess. That's a tablecloth, that's decoration.

Then there's stuff like plates and cups and napkins and so on -- those could be as decorate as they are functional, and I'm not sure how much you'd want to use your normal supplies for this."

Pyrite figured the bit about modesty, but there were ways to be decorative and modest.

"You may want some balloons or something for a festive air, or at least to mark the venue...I'm not sure how many people actually know you live in the Library. I thought you lived in the old Soda Bar your sister ran.

And all this needs to come from somewhere."
    Last edited by Deme; 2013-05-31 at 10:06 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

2. - Top - End - #992
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "Well, you're putting the cake on a table, right? But something's got to protect the table from moisture and damage and mess. That's a tablecloth, that's decoration.
    "...Huh. Okay."

Then there's stuff like plates and cups and napkins and so on -- those could be as decorate as they are functional, and I'm not sure how much you'd want to use your normal supplies for this."
    "Some plastic or paper ones we could toss in the trash later would be best. I don't want to wash that many dishes, and I feel like somebody might break one if we go for normal dishware." She was sure there was a better word for that, but her player couldn't think of it.

Pyrite figured the bit about modesty, but there were ways to be decorative and modest.

"You may want some balloons or something for a festive air, or at least to mark the venue...I'm not sure how many people actually know you live in the Library. I thought you lived in the old Soda Bar your sister ran.

And all this needs to come from somewhere."
    "I used to. I moved here since nobody was using it. Some balloons would probably be good. I've got a cousin with all sorts of party supplies like that." She says.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2013-06-13 at 05:18 PM.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Troll in the Playground

"Sounds like you're all covered, then. Nothing in this world like connections."

Pyrite said cheerfully -- he got a lot of resources from his parent's store, after all.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

4. - Top - End - #994
    Titan in the Playground

"Sounds like you're all covered, then. Nothing in this world like connections."

Pyrite said cheerfully -- he got a lot of resources from his parent's store, after all.
    "Yeah. Guess I better get started setting it up and everything huh?" She said, then had a question. "What do people usually wear to parties? Are they expected to dress up?" She was really bad about the proper etiquette of parties.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Troll in the Playground

"Depends on the party. As host, you can say whatever you want. A costume party, fancy dress, pool party, casual, whatever you like."

He said, mulling it over. His older siblings tended to demand elaborate theme parties, so he knew a thing or two.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

6. - Top - End - #996
    Titan in the Playground

"Depends on the party. As host, you can say whatever you want. A costume party, fancy dress, pool party, casual, whatever you like."

He said, mulling it over. His older siblings tended to demand elaborate theme parties, so he knew a thing or two.
    "A fancy dress party sounds like it could be nice. Might cause less of a mess and such." Smoothie thinks. "That is, if it wouldn't be too much trouble for you."

Pale Night and the unnamed foal have been off in the background, nomming on cookies that have cooled down. They don't seem interested in the party.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2013-06-18 at 03:38 PM.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Troll in the Playground

"I've got a suit-jacket somewhere; a salesman has to be prepared for business meetings."

And also family functions and his mom taking him clothes shopping. But that's a case of 'shh, don't worry him with technicalities.'
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

8. - Top - End - #998
    Titan in the Playground

"I've got a suit-jacket somewhere; a salesman has to be prepared for business meetings."

And also family functions and his mom taking him clothes shopping. But that's a case of 'shh, don't worry him with technicalities.'
    "Alright. I'll get an official guest list together, and sent out proper invitations. I need to modify my dress a bit too. Can't afford a new one, and after my little growth spurt, my old one is too small." Smoothie says, and she doesn't know anybody who is a dressmaker, so she can't get a new one. "Actually...do you think I'd look better in a dress, or a suit?" She asks Pyrite.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Troll in the Playground

Pyrite blinked. That was a sort of a tricky question, really...

"...Hmmm.... I think maybe a dress. It's easier to get a dress that would work with the hat."

After all, he had a hard time picturing that Smoothie would want to not have the hat.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Titan in the Playground

Pyrite blinked. That was a sort of a tricky question, really...

"...Hmmm.... I think maybe a dress. It's easier to get a dress that would work with the hat."

After all, he had a hard time picturing that Smoothie would want to not have the hat.
    "Alright, thanks. I better get going. I've got a few different ponies I need to talk to." Smoothie says to Pyrite.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Troll in the Playground

"Alright, then. See ya! Thanks for the cookies and help."

Pyrite got up and headed back down into the library and out the door. I'll figure out what he does next later.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

A short time after Pyrite left, Heartflight arrived at the library with a small paper bag in tow. She went to knock on the door, before remembering it was a public library. So she just opened the door and walked inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    A short time after Pyrite left, Heartflight arrived at the library with a small paper bag in tow. She went to knock on the door, before remembering it was a public library. So she just opened the door and walked inside.
    She'd see the one weird foal pinned under Pale Night.

"MWAHAHAHAHA! Your magical powers are no match for the power of hugs!" she says, while, despite the text, being adequately quiet as this was a library.

Smoothie was there and just rolling her eyes at them, but at least seemed amused rather than annoyed.

The other foal just has a "WhatisthisIdon'teven" look on her face.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight smiled as she watched the two foals play. She wondered what they would think of her, since she looked close to their age. Pushing that thought aside, she stepped inside and walked over to Smoothie.

"Hey, Smoothie," she said. Quietly, of course, as this was a library.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Titan in the Playground

Heartflight smiled as she watched the two foals play. She wondered what they would think of her, since she looked close to their age. Pushing that thought aside, she stepped inside and walked over to Smoothie.

"Hey, Smoothie," she said. Quietly, of course, as this was a library.
    "Hi, Heart. What's up?" She asked. "Girls, come over here." She said to the two. Pale Night saluted her in understanding, and they both came walking over. "Now, Pale Night, you know your sister doesn't like it when you hug her that much."

"Awww, but-"

"No buts. Hugs are good for your sister, but too many hugs and your sister might not like you."

Pale Night gasped quietly and put her hoof over her mouth in fear. "I'm sorry sissy, please don't hate me."

Her sister just gave her a look that says she doesn't hate her.

"Thanks sissy, you're the best!"

"That's better. So, what did you need, Heart?"

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ogre in the Playground

Heart smiled, watching the three, then turned her attention back to Smoothie.

"Let me think ... actually, what books would you recommend on wild magic? Specifically the more powerful and transformative types, ones that can change your whole worldline."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Titan in the Playground

Heart smiled, watching the three, then turned her attention back to Smoothie.

"Let me think ... actually, what books would you recommend on wild magic? Specifically the more powerful and transformative types, ones that can change your whole worldline."
    "I don't have any books I can recommend. I don't study wild magic. I've never been interested in it." Smoothie says quite simply.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ogre in the Playground

"Fair enough," Heart said, slightly disappointed. "Then, do you know of any such books here in the library?"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Titan in the Playground

"Fair enough," Heart said, slightly disappointed. "Then, do you know of any such books here in the library?"
    "I'm fairly certain we don't have any. It's not something I've had any requests for, it doesn't come up often enough even if I did, and it's not the kind of thing most people want to study in their spare time. Sorry, but you're going to have to look elsewhere if you want help with wild magic." Smoothie says.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ogre in the Playground

Heart frowned, disappointed. "Well, okay then," she said. "Do you have any books on worldlines and the effects of various magic on them?"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Titan in the Playground

Heart frowned, disappointed. "Well, okay then," she said. "Do you have any books on worldlines and the effects of various magic on them?"
    "Along with a few other topics, I don't give books about those sorts of things to anybody. If you want that sort of information, please seek it elsewhere." Smoothie says firmly.

Pale Night and her sister were now up on the table.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ogre in the Playground

"Smoothie...." Heart sighed, rubbing the base of her horn slightly. "There is a unicorn pony. A very sad unicorn pony. Because right now, he's going through so much crap because of a spell that turned him into a pegasus, and had some other side effects. Crap he doesn't deserve. He can't even do his job right now. Can you imagine if you were turned into a pegasus? You couldn't even cast a simple levitation spell. Now, I think I can cure him. But to do so, I need those books."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Titan in the Playground

"Smoothie...." Heart sighed, rubbing the base of her horn slightly. "There is a unicorn pony. A very sad unicorn pony. Because right now, he's going through so much crap because of a spell that turned him into a pegasus, and had some other side effects. Crap he doesn't deserve. He can't even do his job right now. Can you imagine if you were turned into a pegasus? You couldn't even cast a simple levitation spell. Now, I think I can cure him. But to do so, I need those books."
    "Wait, he's sad? I just visited him earlier to invite him to my birthday party and he didn't seem sad." Smoothie says."Besides, I've looked through my books I have on that subject, and there's nothing that would work as a solution." she says, and Heart can tell she's not lying.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ogre in the Playground

"Nothing? Nothing on any of this stuff?" Heart kicked the table leg in frustration, before letting out a yelp of pain and nursing it.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Titan in the Playground

"Nothing? Nothing on any of this stuff?" Heart kicked the table leg in frustration, before letting out a yelp of pain and nursing it.
    "I could give you some very general stuff on this. Well...actually..." she levitates her books on the subject out in front of her, turns to several specific pages in each one repeatedly, and photocopies several of them. she then puts the books back, organizes the paper, puts a paper clip on it, and hands it over to Heart. "Here's the information I know of that might be relevant, along with the scientific information. I focus more on biology and anatomy studies than physics and time travel, so it's a little over my head. You might be able to make some use out of it though." She says, and hands over the pieces of paper, along with some advanced books on physics and time travel. "That is the limit of what I can do though." she says.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ogre in the Playground

"Over your head? That's kinda surprising," said Heart. She accepted the materials, and began reading them over carefully. "Thanks."

She settled at the base of the table, glancing up at the foals on top before looking back to her studies.

----

After a bit, assuming there were no interruptions, she finally decided to strike up a conversation. "So, who are the foals? I don't remember seeing them around before."
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2013-07-05 at 11:00 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Titan in the Playground

After a bit, assuming there were no interruptions, she finally decided to strike up a conversation. "So, who are the foals? I don't remember seeing them around before."
    "Pale Night, and the other one doesn't have a name yet. She hasn't chosen one." Smoothie says to Heart.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ogre in the Playground

"Huh. Whose foals are they?" She glanced up at the foals.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Titan in the Playground

"Huh. Whose foals are they?" She glanced up at the foals.
    "Pwincess Woona is my mommy." Pale Night says.

The other one rolls her eyes but doesn't say anything. Smoothie doesn't either. Heart hears in her head ~Just go with it, trust me. It's not worth the migraines~

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ogre in the Playground

Got it, Heart replied.

"Wow, really?" she said to Pale Night.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2013-07-05 at 11:21 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show