New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Belkar's upcoming role

Belkar is pretty out of it. It occurs to me that as weak as he is he won't be able to do much in any combat without getting totally smoked. I'm thinking that his story arc and with how much deep trouble the order is wading in that he will possibly sacrifice himself for the good of the team (and also mr. scruffy). Perhaps he will try and bluff the enemies while the rest of the team hightails it, or maybe he lurks and takes out vampire durkon from ambush. I think that it is most likely that he'll be the one to take out the gate and die in the attempt in some sudden insight of where the gate is. This will deprive TE and LG of the gate and further takes the LG away from a strong nearby base of operations due to the actions of the desperate halfling. Also i'd just like his prophesied death to end in a noble way as opposed in an act of heinous wanton slaughter.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Default Re: Belkar's upcoming role

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbestupidiot View Post
    Belkar is pretty out of it. It occurs to me that as weak as he is he won't be able to do much in any combat without getting totally smoked. I'm thinking that his story arc and with how much deep trouble the order is wading in that he will possibly sacrifice himself for the good of the team (and also mr. scruffy). Perhaps he will try and bluff the enemies while the rest of the team hightails it, or maybe he lurks and takes out vampire durkon from ambush. I think that it is most likely that he'll be the one to take out the gate and die in the attempt in some sudden insight of where the gate is. This will deprive TE and LG of the gate and further takes the LG away from a strong nearby base of operations due to the actions of the desperate halfling. Also i'd just like his prophesied death to end in a noble way as opposed in an act of heinous wanton slaughter.
    I dunno. I was thinking more of Durkon coming back and helping him after Malack releases him, and him dying in a heroic death at Kraagor's Gate. Plus, Kraagor's Gate is in dwarven lands, so that would make sense of Durkon's prophecy. However, this theory is also possible.
    Who is a sexy shoeless god of war?

Yeah.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Belkar's upcoming role

Quote Originally Posted by Belkar<3 View Post
    I dunno. I was thinking more of Durkon coming back and helping him after Malack releases him, and him dying in a heroic death at Kraagor's Gate. Plus, Kraagor's Gate is in dwarven lands, so that would make sense of Durkon's prophecy. However, this theory is also possible.
    I really like the idea that BELKAR is the prophesied death and destruction that Durkon brings back to dwarven lands. He'd have to backslide a little on his recent development, though I'm sure he hasn't suddenly stopped enjoying wanton slaughter altogether.