New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Haunted Houses

1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Haunted Houses

Since last year, I've been working at a local haunted house (MadWorld Haunted Event/Zombie Shoot, for those who are interested), and it may be the most fun job in the world.

So, my question is, are there any other people out there who work at a haunted house, and what character are you? (I"m the head zombie of the zombie shoot )

Also, in the other direction, do other countries even HAVE haunted houses? For those who have been to the US and to other countries, are they similar, or are they better in one area than another?

Go Tigers!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Haunted Houses

I run a mini haunted house in my back yard.
    A Walk Through Bedlam

One day I hope to go pro, need money and workers. I already have a ton of props and plenty of ideas.

Each year we do a different theme. I chamber off my backyard into about 12 different rooms (use plastic for walls). Then a guide walks you through the story and the people become part of the story. Loads of fun.

Actually started Halloween Scare-o-ling last year and plan to make an album soon. Just need some singers.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

For the past few years, I've done music and sound design for a private event Haunted House at a country club. Sadly, the event is for small kids, so we have to tone it down a bit In addition to doing sound effect and music scenes, the event ends in a big room where there is a skit; and I do live sound for that as well.

The guy who directs it and I go way back. We're both big video gamers. So the overall story for the event is often game-related. There are often games, where the kids need to find clues to pass to the next room, there's a short video presentation at the beginning, the actors tell more of the story and, of course, the ending. A couple years ago we did a Tomb Raider-style story. Last year was Resident Evil-ish, which featured zombies dancing to a track laden with horror movie (and RE) samples. You can hear some of the best of my work here:
    http://soundcloud.com/joshloughrey/sets/haunted-attic/

As a fan of haunted houses, I try to go to a few each year. Probably won't make as many this year (being a little broke), but some years I go to a TON. There are some great ones around Pittsburgh. And some terrible ones, but those are fun too.

I love halloween.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

@Oge'Xam: Your haunt looks awesome, and your only like 3.5 hours from where MadWorld is. If I can ever find time, I may see if I can ride down and check it out.

Also, just realized that I should post MadWorld's Webpage for those that want to check it out.
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2019-01-07 at 11:56 AM.

Go Tigers!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Thank you for the compliment. We are small though.

I do not think it would be worth you driving 3.5 hours to come to it.

Though I have travel up to 3 hours before myself to go to haunts that sucked so bad I tell horror stories of the experience. hahahaha
    I think ours is a solid haunt, and when we get to go pro, watch out! :)