Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Pokemon: World at War (PTA, IC)

It is a gloomy day in the streets of Castelia. Clouds hang low, a light drizzle casting a somber mood over the city. As it should. The citizens are still recovering from the Riots not a few months before. Today, in Central Plaza, World Champion Cynthia has called a press conference. First to pay respects to those who perished in the riots. And second, to address the growing tension between the Pokemon League, and the group known as the Rebellion.

Many powerful and important people have been invited to attend. Gym Leaders, Pokemon Professors at the top of their fields, Elite 4, Champions from all the League nations, even Mr. Stone will be in attendance. However, 10 individuals have reserved seats in the front row. Complete unknowns, it seems no one knows who they are or why they have such special privileges.

These individuals have all arrived by boat, and are disembarking now. 9different boats, carrying 9 different individuals (and one leaving her apartment) from across the world to the start of their destinies. What will happen at this fateful press conference? Who are these individuals, and why are they here? Let me show you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Its 11 am, the conference is at Central Plaza at noon. You’ve got about 30 minutes to mill about (30 minutes to get to Central Plaza from anywhere in the city). You can head straight there if you wish.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-08-29 at 12:54 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games I'm In
    Lorenzo Filard in Shadows Unbound by Blues
    Burler Brand in Orre: The Good, the Bad, and the Stunfisk by Es
    Janan Ruh in Exploring Aatos by CO
    GM of Rebellion Points of Authority and Heralds of a New Dawn

Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon: World at War (PTA, IC)

Disembarking from the boat, Aidan adjusts the silver gloves on his hands slightly as he looks over the city. Nodding to himself, he makes a beeline for the plaza, deciding to look over the area early.
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2012-08-29 at 12:19 AM.
    Currently GMing: Pokemon - Shadows Unbound

Blake Denos Poketar by Ceika!

The Claymore of Enlightenment.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

A man in a black trenchcoat stepped off the boat by himself. He barely spoke and hardly acknowledged the presence of the others there. As he walked down the ramp he looked over the crowd and towards the front where he was to be seated, perhaps he would find his mission at his seat?

Kelaeon had just arrived from Fuschia City after having been sent here by the mysterious letter. He figured Master Janine had left it for him and that somebody here was his next target. As he saw the intense security however he mumbled a curse as he rubbed his hand across his face. Does Master Janine WANT me to get caught? He wondered. Even with his skill he wouldn't be able to sneak amongst all these people. Perhaps my mission is something else? I won't know till I get my next orders.

The young ninja suspected his next clue would be at his chair, but he knew not to head directly to your objective no matter how much of a hurry you were in. He had eleven minutes to stake out the area, monitor security, make sure nobody was watching his chair, find escape routes in case of an emergency, and check for traps, plus if anybody was watching heading right to an objective gave your target away. He'd spend eleven minutes getting a starting scan, check his seat for a mission, then spend the rest finalizing his plans. Heh...eleven minutes for all that? Piece of cake... He thought as he pushed away any doubt.

Thus with his goals in mind, Kelaeon disappeared into the crowd heading towards Central Plaza. After walking for thirty minutes to Central Plaza he arrived and began moving around to survey the area. He didn't have much time, especially since he had learned to always know the area like the back of your hand before you made a move.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-08-29 at 12:33 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Dr. Kretznak steps off the boat, looking down at the marked invitation in his hand. He lets out a long breath through his nose as he shoves the piece of paper into the pocket of his freshly laundered lab coat.

He begins to walk slowly towards the Plaza, not entirely sure why he even bothered coming.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The boat docks steadily and it's few passengers disembark. Among them a young man with reddish brown hair and long green coat. He was the last to leave the vessel and as his heavy boots marched along the dock his neck was craned upwards to see the sky scrapers.

He had an hour, and he already cleaned himself up on the boat. He let Masque out of his ball and the Cubone joined him in staring with awe at the buildings. Donny tries to take his time to explore the city, but he takes 20 minutes on one street. Along the way he buys a deck of cards and a pair of dice. He notices the time, however, and starts heading towards the Central Plaza with Masque at his side.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Bryan disembarks. Wow, Castelia was...well, impressive. Even after the riots. He looks over the note again, hiding the league seal on it. Half the hostile comments he had received on his theories had come from this town, so carrying a note with the seal may not be the wisest thing... Reserved seat. Nice. Drew some attention to him, but certainly there had to be other reserved seats, so it may not be too out there. He looks around the town. Shame what those people did. He'd seen some of the videos of what happened online. Muking crazy.

He walks around, his loyal Riolu Ewin following right behind him. Ewin, watch for anyone...crazy. Hate to see another fight start up here. Ewin nods and climbs onto his shoulders. Better view, he adds with a smile.

The duo walks down the main street, looking around at sights and keeping a sense out for anyone who seemed hostile, attempting to steer clear of them at the very least until the press conference was over.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-08-29 at 01:07 AM.

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Bryan Hume in Rebellion by MesiDoomstalker

Jehoash Kelvin in Shadows by BluesEclipse

Solara in Down Under by Group

Cain Treblinka in Ambitions by Eshkigal

Talitha mi-Chelicerata in Team Rocket by Arcran

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zachariah Frerin, the Hot Head
    Damian Voiron, the Screw Up
    Artemis Frerin, the Psychic Bitch
    Atna Elrenne, the Unlucky One
    Luke Mercer, the Smooth Talker
    Sophia Bertram, the Know-It-All

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Tarja fixes her red hair into a ponytail before she exits the apartment that she once shared with a Man she called her father until about four months ago. As she leaves, her Growlithe follows beside. He occasionally rubs his head against Tarja's bare leg, asking for some attention. "Come along, Amos. We best not be late." She scratch the pup's ear as the two continue towards Central Plaza.

Along the way she reads over the invitation again, trying to figure out who would send her an invite and why? She tucks the letter away as she approaches the press conference. She moves about the crowds looking for people she might recognize locally that might have sent her the invite.
    Last edited by Dragonsage; 2012-08-29 at 01:41 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Hub - A place for vertern PTA/PTU players to chat and answer questions for new players

currently working on my own pokemon region

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Francis finished his routine by catching the last knife in the air with his teeth. He bowed as the crowed clapped enthusiastically. He removed the knife, and using his best stage voice addressed the peopleThank you all for watching my performance. If you're ever in Nimbassa make sure to look for me. This is Francis May, juggler extraordinaire!

After he packs up his kit, he leaves the ship and heads into the heart of Castellia City. He stops to pick up some flowers from a street vendor, but otherwise doesn't alter course.

When he reaches the graveyard, the smiling juggler is gone, replaced by a boy who's seen to much sadness for his years. He placed the flowers on the grave, and knelt in front of it. Hey, sorry I haven't come before, but getting here is expensive, and I don't make as much now as I used to. I've been performing in Nimbassa City since the riots, and I've made a name for myself there. I've mastered the tumbling passes while juggling balls, but I can't seem to get the knives quite right.

Memories flooded through him, images and sounds, screaming people, rampaging pokemon, bodies littering the ground. He shuddered. Anyways, I've been invited to the conference addressing the riots by the league, I'm not sure what they want, but it can't be good for the rebellion. Look, I know you wanted to stay out of the conflict, but after months of thinking, I've made my choice. The violence needs to end, and the rebels are out of control. I'll fight for the league. Thank you for everything dad. A tear leaked out of his eye, and Francis wiped it away, one of his first lessons was that an entertainer could never cry, no matter what happened.

Francis stood, and headed to the plaza.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis Martillo scowled as she moved through the streets of Castelia. This town was too big, too big and too busy. It more than dwarfed the biggest cities in Hoenn. And the people her stank. Never hear of a bit of personal space? Tch, whatever. She was only here for one reason. The Dragon Masters. There had to be at least 1 of them here, maybe more. The cousins Lance and Claire, the old veteran Drake or the 2 local leaders, Drayden and Iris.

Ennis stops and looks at herself in a passing window. In her suit, with her appearance she looked more like a you boy than a teenage girl. But she always dressed smart. It made her feel different from how she used to be back in Aqua. Those god damn pirate costumes.

She has one quick stop to make before heading to the conference though.As much as she hated Unovan food, she had heard the ice cream here was to die for. She looks about, trying to find where they sell Castelliacones. 'Mode street, Mode street. Where the Void is mode street?'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Everybody

As you transverse the city, you see the destruction the riots had wrought. Construction crews were at work at every corner it seemed, and it was obvious they had a lot of work ahead of them. One could not go a block without a pock mark in the pavement, scorch marks, shattered windows and destroyed shop fronts. The only places that were still intact were expensive boutiques who paid extra for quick service or the lucky few who avoided the cross fire.

Everyone but Ennis and Ashley

Kelaeon arrives at the edge of Central Plaza in record time. He finds a line of people waiting; they seemed to be waiting to be checked into the conference area, situated in the center of the plaza. He quickly steps into line, as does the others as they arrive. From the line, everyone can see the monument, situated in the center of Center Plaza, right behind the conference stage. A black obelisk, standing over 50 feet tall and 20 feet wide at its base, juts out from the ground. Some can even make out images of a moon-shaped pokmemon engraved on the crown, and an umbra shadow on the monolith’s base. Along each face, embossed in gold, are carvings of names. Though too far away to read any of the names, their numbers are vast covering both sides that are visible from the line.

“Ah hello. Your one of our special guests, yes? May I see your invitation?” Each of you is, in turn, snapped away from the imposing monument by a sharply dressed woman with a clipboard, who seems to be a lot more stressed than anyone here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Go ahead and respond to the women, she will direct you where to go and what to do.

Ennis
    Ennis finds Mode Street easy enough; it’s one of the city’s main thoroughfares. After a few minutes of walking, Ennis comes upon a pile of broken wood, with several people stopping and saying a short prayer at the junk pile before moving on. A closer inspection reveals the wood was once a stand, and judging from the mostly intact sign in the shape of ice cream, this used to be Castelliacones. Upon one level piece of wood lays a picture frame and a single white rose. The picture shows an elderly gentlemen and a pokemon made out of pure Ice it seemed. The man is holding the pokemon with one arm, and an ice cream cone in the other. It seems the owner of the stand had perished in the riots.

Francis
    Francis finds his grave in a small graveyard, in a small Lunarian church. Space was at a premium this deep in the city, he must have reserved the grave ages ago. Oddly, there was already a single white rose placed upon his grave. As you pay your respects, you think you hear someone approach you from behind, but a quick look tells you were wrong. Probably just the graveyard ghosts playing tricks on you. You hurry to Central Plaza, where you join the line and promptly approached by the woman.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cormag, you can go ahead and post getting off the boat and getting to the Plaza, unless you wish to do something in between
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-08-29 at 08:49 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games I'm In

Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis drops to her knees, and has to catch herself on the sign to stop herself from falling. 'Noooo! It can't be!' She has a aching look on her face, and a single tear runs down her eye. To any passers by, it would look like she was mourning the man's death. But in her head: I really, really, REALLY wanted one of those cones!

After a few minutes of mourning, she collects herself and heads to the central plaza, lighting up a cigarette as she went. Her mood was severely worsened by what just happened.

When she gets to the place where everyone is lines up, she barges past everyone else, shoves her invitation in the woman's hands, and pushes through to find a seat. She had a permanent scowl on her face.
    Last edited by IrnBruAddict; 2012-08-29 at 09:28 AM.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Francis gazes at the large black spire jutting out of the plaza. I wonder if Bobby's name is on it? How on earth did they get everybody recorded? Remembering the mangled bodies he ran past when he escaped, Francis couldn't help but feel sorry for the people who had to identify the bodies.

The voice of the woman snaps him out of his thoughts. He pulls his invitation out and hands the tickets to the woman. Here we are. How many people like me received invitations? The fact that she said guests had not escaped him.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Special guest?" Dr. Kretznak asks, surprised. "I did not realize I vas special," he continues dryly, before handing the woman his invitation.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Ennis

You get sympathetic looks from onlookers back at the ruined stand, except one. You sicken me whispers in the back of your mind.

"Ah you must be-" is all the woman can say before you shove the letter in her face. "Ma'am! Ms., uh, Martillo! Wait a moment!" The lady starts to chase after you but gives up after 3 steps, staring blankly to the left for a moment. She then returns to greeting the other guests.

You plop down in a seat in the front row, and no less than 10 seconds later a man with blonde hair, graying at the temples, and a Ranger dress uniform sits next to you casually. You know, its not polite to shove things in peoples faces, Ms. Martillo.

Francis

"Thank you Mr. May. You can go on ahead and take your seat, it will have your name on it. " The woman motions to the front row. "But I will request you do not keep any pokemon out. For your saftey and those around you." The women hurries off to greet the next guest.

'Doctor'

"Oh everyone is special Doctor .... Kratnack? You can go ahead and take your seat, it will have your name on it. The woman motions to the front row. "But I will request you do not keep any pokemon out. For your saftey and those around you." The women hurries off to greet the next guest.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-08-29 at 09:54 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games I'm In

Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Being raised by Team Aqua, Ennis's dislike of Rangers was only beaten by her dislike of Team Magma. They were nothing but bullies or posers. Still, she was no longer with Team Aqua. Best tread lightly here.

'Neither is it polite to spy on people to slip them messages. And since you know who I am, I assume you know what I'm talking about?' She pulls her cigarette out her mouth and stomps it out. 'Call it even?' She offers her pack to the man. They were an Orrian brand, much better than the stuff they smoked here.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Francis ignores his seat as he walks up to the monument. Tall and dark, it entranced him. He examined it, hoping he could find his father's name, though with how big it is, it's unlikely that Bobbie's name will be easily found.

She didn't answer my question. There are more people like me that were invited, but why, and how many? And what does the league want with me? Surely the champions and elite 4 can do anything they need.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-29 at 10:01 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Kretznak," the older man corrects, more out of habit than of any real hope she'd get it right. He strides past her and towards the front row, growing more and more nervous as he approaches the stage.

When he reaches the front, he scans over the seats in front of him, his eyes lingering on each of the people already there for a fraction of a second. When he find his name, he sits down and places the black bag he carries down in front of him. With a flip of his wrist, he opens the bag and extracts a brown, wide-brimmed hat which he places on his head.

The bag is closed and pushed back under the seat, and the doctor pulls down the front of his had to hide his eyes.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Bryan nods with a simple "Thank you." Ewin's aura deepens its red color briefly as the woman so quickly pulled them away.
    She's rude.
    She's doing her job.
    Maybe. No like here. Too many people. Too many broken buildings.
    I know. It's a shame. Hopefully Cynthia has some good news. Ewin doesn't relax much and stays alert as his trainer follows the woman.

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Bryan Hume in Rebellion by MesiDoomstalker

Jehoash Kelvin in Shadows by BluesEclipse

Solara in Down Under by Group

Cain Treblinka in Ambitions by Eshkigal

Talitha mi-Chelicerata in Team Rocket by Arcran

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zachariah Frerin, the Hot Head
    Damian Voiron, the Screw Up
    Artemis Frerin, the Psychic Bitch
    Atna Elrenne, the Unlucky One
    Luke Mercer, the Smooth Talker
    Sophia Bertram, the Know-It-All

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Ennis

The man waves his hand at the offer, his gaze fixated on the obelisk. Actually, no. I don't know what you mean. I know your name as it is my job to know who will be here. You were a guest invited by the Rebellion, it was my task to give a thorough background check of you and the others given 'special' placement. I'm curious, why are you here?

Francis

You approached the imposing monolith. A closer look revelas the structure was cut and carved from a single, large piece of granite. Where did they find find this? Hundreds of names are immidaitly viewable near the base. After a bit of searching, you find the one your looking for. Bobby May embossed in gold, intricatly and delicatly carved into the otherwise smooth granite.

'Doctor'

Currently, only 2 people are seated on the front row. A young red headed women who look rather sour and an older blonde man in a Ranger dress uniform. They seem to be conversing. They are on the left side of the main aisle, while your seat is in the middle of the row on the right.

Nervous are we? A cool femine voice whispers to you, but no one is close enough to speak so softly and you still hear her. Secretive too. Perfect
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-08-29 at 10:17 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games I'm In

Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Kretznak jerks in surprise, and turns in his chair to scan the crowd behind him, looking for anyone staring at him or obviously concentrating.

Afterwards, he slumps down in his chair and thinks hard at the voice. I do not like having people in my head. I would ask that you leave.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check, if it's appropriate: (1d20+5)[23]

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Francis brushes his and lightly across the name. It's beautiful. He would have enjoyed having his name in gold.

Francis stands, and looks for his seat.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-29 at 10:23 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

"Special?" Tarja wondered at that for a moment before she handed the woman the invitation. Amos whines a little when he hears the request about not keeping pokemon out. "It's okay, I'll be okay for a while." She scratched the pup before sending it into it's ball.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Hub - A place for vertern PTA/PTU players to chat and answer questions for new players

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

'I dunno, not like I knew anyone who died. Probably just some rich Rebel, trying to impress me so he can stick his Onix in my Cloyster. Just cos some Hoenn girls dress like sluts, we all get a bad name.' Ennis was being extra crass, but in truth she was surprised he hadn't found out about her and her past with Team Aqua. Better keep on her toes around here. If someone found out her real name, she'd be in trouble.

'Well, since you know I'm Ennis Martillo, the least you should do is tell me your name.... Mr ?' She offered her hand to the man.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Bryan

"Alright Mr. Hume, your seat is at the front. Though I will have to ask you to return your Riolu and refrain from releasing any pokemon, for your saftey and those around you." With a kurt nod, she hurries off.

'Doctor'

As you scan the crowd, you notice a raven haired beauty walking towards you purposefully. I don't always hide behind the guise of anonymity, 'Doctor'. Are you afraid I'll learn your dirty little secret? She takes a seat next to you, and gives a smile mixed with mirth and knowing mischief. Hello, 'Doctor'.

Tarja

The women nods, without answering your question. "Ok Ms. Blackthron, your seat is at the front, do enjoy." And she runs off again.

Ennis

The man chuckles at your crassness. I doubt you were invited for such an underhanded reason. I know these political types, if they wanted to be underhanded, they wouldn't do it for physical gratification. He smiles at you for actually asking. You can call me Simon. And it seems the true owner of this seat has arrived. Hello Francis.

Francis

As you search for your seat, you find it taken by a rather angry looking red headed girl, talking to an older blonde Ranger. The Ranger speaks to you. And it seems the true owner of this seat has arrived. Hello Francis.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-08-29 at 12:44 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games I'm In

Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Tarja returns the nod respectfully, before she strides over her seat and sits down with her legs crosses. She then takes a look around as she waits.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis makes no move to get up, but does take another cigarette from her pack and offer one to the newcomer.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Since you are telling me, you must vant something from me," the doctor mutters in a low voice. "Vhat is it?" he asks shortly.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Francis smiles at the pair, Hello, I'm afraid I don't know who either of you are though. Francis May, travelling entertainer, performer, battler, and lover. And the two of you are? He looked expectantly at the pair, one eyebrow slightly arched.

He shakes his head when offered the cigarette. I used to, but I ended up smelling horrible. Women don't get turned on when they feel like they're kissing a torkoal.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-29 at 01:32 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Francis and Ennis

Simon snorts lightly at Ennis before standing up and offering Simon his hand. Simon. Glad to meet you in person Francis. His eyes shifted nervously to the black spire. I'm sorry for your loss.

'Doctor'

Sabrina laughs heartily, nearly falling out of the chair. Oh I'm not here to turn you in or black mail you. I'm just a represenative. Don't worry, your secret's safe. My lips are sealed. She winks, and jabs your side with a finger, before laughing once again. You get the feeling she's toying with you.

Tarja

As you seat your self, a few seats away from a trio in conversation, you begin studying the obelisk. You hear a voice, whispering in your mind Well! I'm glad you showed up. I almost expected to force you here. He will be happy.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-08-29 at 01:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games I'm In

Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Francis's eyes narrowed. He took the offered hand, and grips it tightly. And you are? he asks again, tone a little cooler, a hint of annoyance tarnishing the stage voice. He doesn't let go of the man's hand until he gets an answer.