New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 64 12345678910112651 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Last Paladin IC - Part II

The troglodyte stands firm, and one of the lizards bites you. You feel poison in the wound, but resist it. Grembler hexes the trog, weakening its defenses.

Take 4 damage.

"The chanting is coming from the east. The ritual is nearly finished!"
    exclaims Lyanna.
    "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality" - Pyrrha Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Last Paladin IC - Part II

Code:
    Karrin Ye
    HP: 54/72  AC: 19 + 4 vs caster trog  Saves: 12F / 8R / 8W
    Conditions:  LoH 2/7, Smite Evil vs caster trog, Fatigued

Trombe
    HP: 55/55  AC: 17  Saves: 11F / 10R / 6W
    Conditions:  I promise I'll level him up before we get back out to the surface :smallredface:
    Shrugging off the lizard's poison, Karrin continues to attack to clear the way east. assuming she kills one, she 5-ft steps towards the archway.
    Spoiler
    Show

Power Attack: Off
    Full-Attack her enemies with greatsword
    Attack1 (-1 Str,): (1d20+9)[26]
    Damage1 (-1 Str): (2d6+4)[14]
    Attack2 (-1 Str,): (1d20+4)[19]
    Damage2 (-1 Str): (2d6+4)[11]
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-08-29 at 08:12 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

You cut down the troglodyte and sink deep into the flesh of one of the lizards. Its back is meaty though, and it survives the blow, though their bites are not strong enough to pierce your armor. Grembler hexes one, and Berich throws his hammer. It bounce off the lizard and returns to his hand.

Otherworldly noises begin to rise above the chanting.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

with a clear path, Karrin cares not about any incidental bites she'll take. She rushes forward to see if there's anything she can do to stop the ritual...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

You arrive to find yourself in a long, wide chamber, fashioned like a primitive hall, or as you look closer, some form of temple. A handful of troglodytes and lizards stand guard at your end.

At the other end, you see the fiendish ritual reaching its completion. Troglodytes stand in a circle, facing inward and either flailing in some form of supplication or writhing in pain, you cannot tell. At the center of the circle, you view the dark magic user from before. Though you can still recognize it, its form has changed. Instead of a humanoid but still distinctly serpentine form, it now has the body of an alluring human woman, though covered in scales of various shades of green. In addition to its tail, a pair of leathery wings sprout from its back. It hovers several feet above the air, twitching in either pain or ecstasy. Beneath its feet, a disc of foul light is rapidly widening.

The ritual is nearly complete; you have seconds to act.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Karrin almost despairs. She is too tired to charge forward with a mighty hit, but perhaps ther eis still a final portion of the ritual that would allow her to get a sneaky hit in to disrupt it or delay it. Steeling herself, she weaves through the enemy guards, again willing to chance the hits in order to get next to the transforming troglodyte. "Thrones, please lend me strength in this ungodly hour..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Double move to 30N. Smite Evil is still in effect vs the trog. Pray for an attack of opportunity.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-08-30 at 09:39 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

As you run, the magic that weakened you wears off, allowing you to avoid the enemy's blows. This is a small blessing in the face of what happens next.

With an ear-piercing shriek, the troglodytes surrounding you burst, their rent flesh rapidly reforming as from beneath the central figure, which you are beginning to doubt is indeed a troglodyte, pale fleshy tentacles reach up and fuse with its lower body. The other ends branch out, connecting with the sacrificed trogs to form a living cage around the central figure. The tentacles now start at the hovering figure's lower body, go down to the ground before spreading out radially, rising up where the trogs previously were and wriggling in the air.

So, you made it to my sanctuary? a voice, sibilant yet sultry, whispers in your mind. Let me ease your burdens.

One of the tentacles whips out and snags your sword, wrenching it from your grasp. Another wraps around your waist.

You are Grappled.
    Last edited by Maquise; 2012-08-31 at 08:52 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Karrin tries to think if she has ever heard of any fiend that resembles this new monstrosity in front of her.

Knowledge: The Planes (1d20+12)[15]

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

The appearance of the basic creature resembles a succubus, though one who has assumed a reptilian appearance. You have no idea, though, how it managed to empower itself in this manner.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Code:
    Karrin Ye
    HP: 54/72  AC: 20 + 4 vs caster trog  Saves: 12F / 8R / 8W
    Conditions:  LoH 2/7, Smite Evil vs caster trog

Trombe
    Conditions:  I promise I'll level him up before we get back out to the surface :smallredface:
    ooc - Can you describe the living cage some more? I can't quite picture it. Is it a literal cage where the others can't get in and help unless they defeat the tentacles?
    "MY burdens...I'd worry about yours instead. And in your case, your burden are these rolls of fat and being 200 pounds overweight!" The paladin is defiant and attempts to get the enemy off-kilter with insults while trying to escape the grapple.
    Spoiler
    Show

Grapple CMD (+4 smite evil): (1d20+13)[18]

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

(I was being a little over-poetic. Everywhere you see a "te" there is a tentacle with 15-foot reach.)

Your efforts to break free fail, although you are successful in keeping the rubbery appendage from further wrapping around you. The succubus places a clawed hand over her sternum, mocking offense. Oh! How you wound me. I went through all of this trouble just for you. She looks at the trogs who remain in the northern side of the room. They watch furtively. These beasts, though strong, lack the capacity to truly appreciate how exquisite I am.

You hear combat noises from the passage you came. Ahh, those must be your companions. I can't say I'm fond of your tastes for the most part, but the blonde one is nearly as fetching as you. She'll have to join us.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Code:
    Karrin Ye
    HP: 54/72  AC: 20 + 4 vs caster trog  Saves: 12F / 8R / 8W
    Conditions:  LoH 2/7, Smite Evil vs caster trog

Trombe
    ooc - The blonde one is Lyanna? Or Mira? also, where is the sword?
    "While she may swing that way, I'm not sure she's into tentacles. Besides, what's exquisite about you? Everything's so scaly...you forgot to use moisturizer?" She continues to try to break out.
    Spoiler
    Show

Grapple CMD (+4 smite evil): (1d20+13)[31]

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

(Lyanna is blonde)

You notice that the tentacles have dropped your sword in O27. Before you can act, you are once again wrapped in the boneless appendages.

Ahh, ahh, no getting away. We're just getting started. As for my appearance, she runs her hands suggestively over her body, there's something so primal to be felt in hard, smooth scales over flesh. You'll learn to appreciate it soon enough.

Berich storms into the room, striking one of the trogs with his hammer. Ugly old thing, I'll have to deal with him. Drawing the scepter from it sheath on her loincloth, the succubus blasts Berich with a ray of necrotic energy. He stumbles, weakened.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Karrin keeps having to struggle. At least this will distract the troglodyte somewhat as she has to re-grapple the paladin. "Hey, he may be ugly, but he's MY ugly son of a bitch."

Grapple: (1d20+13)[15]

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Despite your squirming, the tentacles only grip you tighter, pinning your arms to your side. No more squirming, the succubus tuts. You are remarkably stubborn. I'll have to break you of that.

You are Pinned.

The lizards jump on Berich, biting him. You pray the poison doesn't weaken him further.
    Berich takes 6 damage.
    Last edited by Maquise; 2012-08-31 at 09:42 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Knowing that she likely won't get out by struggling right now, she goes still for a bit. She knows in her mind a way to summon Trombe, and luckily for her it does not require any special words or even any gestures. She starts clearing her mind, and will approach this slowly, hoping that the demoness won't notice. "You...you've got me then. You and your tentacles. What will you do to me?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Karrin attempts to us Summon Mount (Spell-like ability), but spread over 2 rounds to see if she can do it without catching to attention of the demon-troglodyte. Hopefully since Karrin has stopped struggling the tentacles won't need to thrash Karrina bout.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

The demoness looks to your companions. The lizards latch on to Berich, bringing the old mercenary down. Lyanna leaps forward, striking both lizards and pulling Berich back. The lizards stop, seeming trained to not enter that chamber.

Good, now we are alone. One of the meaty tentacles begins to worm its way into your armor. Let me show you what I am going to do to you. Your breastplate slides off, falling to the floor with a clang. You are hoisted upwards, where she can get a good look at you. What a gift from the dark gods! she whispers into your mind as she examines your large bosom. Not only are you a paladin, but you have the most luscious flesh!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

"Mmm...not fair...your busom is all covered up by scales while mine are all exposed. We can't have any fun if one of us is covered up right?" If somehow the scales are retractable, maybe Karrin can talk her way into getting some sort of small advantage. In the meantime, she continues to concentrate. She attempts to summon Trombe right on top of the trog's head, even if it'll take a while to get the exact positioning right.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Bluff Check failed.
    The snake-headed demon leans in closer, a grotesque grin appearing on her face. Clever girl, she says, but don't worry. I can enjoy myself just fine without making myself vulnerable.

One of the tentacles firmly cups your breast. The demoness grabs the back of your head in a clawed hand and pulls you forward, forcing your mouth against hers. A long, forked tongue shoves its way into your mouth and down your throat. As she does so, her tentacles and claws force their way across your body. A scream barely forces its way over your gagging as you feel part of your life force wrenched away.

You suffer one negative level.

(Trombe hasn't been leveled yet. If I put him into play before he is, he doesn't get another level until this is resolved. Also, I'm rolling all rolls off-site now; it takes too long to make two posts to see how it resolves. If you want to see a skill check result, put the roll in your post.)

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

(I'll level him up later today. gotta go for like 6 hours)

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

(I'll wait for you.)

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

(Trombe is updated)

Screaming out in a plethora of sensations (most of it pain), Karrin doesn't wait. She finishes the summon, and hope it is aimed well enough for Trombe to fall upon the enemy.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

You have a lovely voice, the demoness telepathizes as she slowly pulls her tongue out of your mouth. I don't think I'll ever grow tired of hearing you scream. In fact, I'll find a way to draw every shade of agony and ecstasy out of it. I am going to drain you until you gasp in the last dregs of your life force, then I shall rejuvenate you, and do it all over again!

She begins roughly fondling your body, the tentacles worming their way into your greaves. But before she can expose your lower body, a pair of silvery-white hooves appear seemingly from nowhere and strike her in the back of the head. She spins around hissing furiously, raking the side of your mount with her claws. Fortunately, they fail to compromise his armor, though it is clear that he can do little against her natural fiendish resistance.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

"Trombe, help me escape!" Karrin struggles again, trying to not be pinned, and hoping that Trombe can Aid her.

Spoiler
    Show

Grapple CMD: [rolll]1d20+12[/roll]

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Try again. Grapple (+4 Smite, +2 possible Aid Another) (1d20+14)[24]

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Trombe makes an effort to get to you, only just succeeding in worming his way over to you. As he does so, several of the tentacles lash out on him like mighty scourges.

Trombe takes 6 damage.

With great effort, you manage to get one, then your other arm free of the constrictions. Your victory is short lived; the tentacles once again re-exert their strength, pinning you again despite Trombe's aid. You will have to find some way to nullify their threat.

An explosion of fiery oil erupts at the far side of the room. The singed lizards, their fear of the abyssal activity overcome, run to the far side of the room. The troglodytes take up defensive positions within the protective range of the tentacles.

It appears we will have to speed this up.
    The tentacles in your greaves bulge with exertion, pulling them off and tearing off your silk. You are now completely bare from your shoulders (your arms are still covered) to below your knees.
    Last edited by Maquise; 2012-09-02 at 08:23 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Code:
    Karrin Ye
    HP: 49/67  AC: 20 + 4 vs caster trog  Saves: 11F / 7R / 7W
    Conditions:  LoH 2/7, Smite Evil vs caster trog, Negative Level 1

Trombe
    HP: 60/66  AC: 19  Saves: 12F / 11R / 7W
    Conditions: Trombe now has Devotion, so has +4 save vs Enchantment
    "Damnit. Trombe, bite and kick these tentacles!" Completely pinned herself, she knows if she doesn't do something to the tentacles, she can't free herself either. Even though it is distateful, she also starts trying to bite at tentacles in order to free herself. Thanks to Smite Evil, her bite completely bypasses DR!

If if it clear that Trombe cannot even scratch the tentacles themselves, then Karrin wil then have Trombe Aid Karrin in grappling so she can do the biting.
    Spoiler
    Show

Attempting to use the "damage" option instead of the "escape" option to deal Unarmed damage, flavoring it as a bite.
    Grapple CMD (+4 smite evil, -1 Level): (1d20+12)[32]
    Damage (+6 Smite Evil): (1d3+9)[11]
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-09-02 at 02:29 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

(Note: you've been reduced to 12 AC due to armor loss)

Trombe kicks and bites at the tentacles, leaving a partial gouge. You then bite into this weakness, producing white sparks of energy. The tentacle is completely severed, and you fall to the ground with a wet smack. In anger, the succubus leaves a shallow bloody furrow on Trombe's flank.

Trombe takes 2 damage.

One of the tentacles swiftly grabs one of the troglodytes. It barely gets a chance to scream before it is violently shoved onto the stump of the severed tentacle. Its flesh is pulled from its bones and used to form a new replacement. The others try to flee, but are quickly snatched and held.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Code:
    Karrin Ye
    HP: 49/67  AC: 12 + 4 vs caster trog  Saves: 11F / 7R / 7W
    Conditions:  LoH 2/7, Smite Evil vs caster trog, Negative Level 1

Trombe
    HP: 60/66  AC: 19  Saves: 12F / 11R / 7W
    Conditions: Trombe now has Devotion, so has +4 save vs Enchantment
    "Goob job Trombe keep it up. Attack this one!" Quickly stepping up next to a tentacle that is holding one of the troglodytes, she quickly punches forward to try to kill the tentacle and free the troglodyte. "RUN away, Troglodyte, RUN for your lives!"
    Spoiler
    Show

5-ft step to 29M
    Attack the tentacle @ 28M with Spiked Gauntlet
    Attack (+4 smite evil, -1 Level): (1d20+12)[22]
    Damage (+6 Smite Evil): (1d4+9)[13]

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

You punch the base of the tentacle, causing it to explode with a silvery-white burst of light. The troglodyte drops to the ground, but before it can get to its feet, it is snatched up and sacrificed.

The tentacles at K30 and O28 both lash out to try and grab you, but you duck beneath them, your body bouncing with the sudden movement.

"DIE!" the demon hisses, this time audibly, as she slashes at Trombe. She misses, however, muttering in some foul language.

You see your allies at last rush into the room. "Karrin, how can we help?" shouts Lyanna, brandishing her staff.