Page 1 of 42 123456789101126 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 1258
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default The Invasion of Toril

    Spoiler
    Show

    This intro applies to every adventurer. You all find yourself in the same situation, different boxes though.


    You find yourself in a dark area; the only light you see comes from little holes around you. Fully clad in your gear, you then start to move around and find that your body aches when you move. As you move around you notice that you are inside of what seems like a box, which smells of wood. Pushing on all sides of the box looking for a lid, you find that there isn’t one.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Bleerie stretches her back to try and shake off the pain. Looking around, she is confused. How the heck did I end up here? She tries to remember her last memories while she looks out of the air holes. This had the exact appearance of a box to carry animals, or people, with. Strange. Maybe I'm on some kind of vehicle. I want to figure out whether there is someone around before I turn on the light. The gnome tries to "feel" any movement on the floor, trying to understand if her box is on a moving cart or a ship, or similar.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Will be using italics for thoughts.

    Spot check to look past the hole, if applicable: (1d20+6)[9]
    Listen check for steps, voices or any sign of life outside of the box: (1d20+8)[28]
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Groaning as she gets up, Gale looks around at her surroundings, quickly realizing that she has been captured by forces unknown. This makes her some what... angry, so she quickly decides to escape, and deal with her attackers. After a brief preparation, and some muttering about luck and flight, she attempts to shatter a wall.
    "You can NOT hold ME!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Casts Dark ones Luck(reflex), Fell Flight, and tries to use Baleful Utterance to shatter one of the walls
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-08-29 at 07:13 PM.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Being Good
    Adiana, Death of the Weave
    Rose, Pawns of the Great Game
    Luxana, Throne of Night
    Violet, The Lucifer Effect
    Liriel, Shadows of an Untold Land
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Dramiscius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Upon awakening and noticing that he seems to have been trapped inside some kind of wooden container, the Kobold yells in a high pitched voice "let me out of here this instant!" right before he takes a deep breath and let's out a bellowing roar towards the nearest upper corner of the box in an attempt to break free of his confines.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Using sonic breath at one of the boxes nearest upper corners. Zip would rather not shower any innocents he might not be aware of with acid inadvertently.
    (5d6)[12]


    Last edited by Dramiscius; 2012-08-29 at 10:34 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show





  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Medic!'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chanute, KS
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Krgg

    The orc rubs his sore muscles as he quickly attempts to orient himself. He spends a few moments listening for movement outside...wherever he's found himself. He offers a prayer to Gruumsh under his breath, This one thanks you for the test he is about to receive, One-eye. Don't go easy on me, and shall pass the favor on to our enemies.

    If Krgg heard nothing outside: Krgg begins rapping the knuckle of his gauntlet on the walls, floor, and ceiling in an attempt to identify any weak spots or more hollow-sounding spots to make his escape at, then attempts to kick his way through.

    If Krgg heard something outside: The orc strains to discern if the noise he heard was a threat, then shrugs, deciding it doesn't matter much. He slides his falchion clear of its scabard and attempts to force his way out of...wherever he is.

    Upon freeing himself from his confinement, Krgg rolls his head from side to side, scanning the area. Someone has a lot of explaining to do. His feral grin reveals a glint on his tusks and his in his eyes, the bloodlust begins to hum in him, the opening melody of the siren song of good clean battle.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initial Listen check (1d20)[10] and if applicable/wanted, second listen check (1d20)[9] to identify any sounds he heard.

    If needed, strength check (1d20+8)[22] to break open a wall

    Or if he's using his falchion to break out, attack roll if needed (1d20+20)[37] and damage [rollv]2d4+2d6+13[/rollv] and damage to Krgg (1d6)[6] and just in case it's available (I don't know how you prefer to handle maneuvers out of combat) Krgg will use his readied Elder Mountain Hammer to effect the strike against his prison, overcoming any DR/Hardness and adding (6d6)[20] damage to his attack. Whew this post makes me look like that guy that complicates things needlessly
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

    Huge thanks to Howl for puting some Boomstick in my avatar

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Ildu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Serdra

    Hands buried in her face, Serdra rubs her eyes vigorously before stretching, finding that she's become trapped. Keeping calm, she first peers through the open holes and attempts to listen for any sound that would indicate where she was.
    What the hell happened? Last time I let a , that's for sure. she thinks as she rubs the sore knot on her head. Now, lets see if we can't warp out of this mess... Serdra peers through the holes, searching for a safe location to shadow jaunt.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Spot check: (1d20+10)[28]
    Listen check: (1d20+10)[15]
    Sense Motive (if there's a conversation going on): (1d20+14)[27]

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    @Bleerie
    Spoiler
    Show

    Your eyes are a bit blurry as they adjust to the light. You see a brown wall. As you try to listen for anything going on outside of the box, you don't hear any sounds.


    @Gale
    Spoiler
    Show

    As you shout out the wooden box you are shatters into pieces. Standing up from the ground, you look around. While it all looks blurry at first, you soon notice that you are in a room that contains dozens of boxes similar to the one you were in, but of all different sizes. On the opposite side of the room there is a door. Other than a few torches on the walls and the door, there are no other distinctive features about the room. You also feel a burning on your chest, on the skin above your heart and on your ribs below that skin.


    @Zipxap
    Spoiler
    Show

    You hear someone shouting, but cannot determine where it is coming from or what they are saying. As you shout out the wooden box you are shatters into pieces. Standing up from the ground, you look around. While it all looks blurry at first, you soon notice that you are in a room that contains dozens of boxes similar to the one you were in, but of all different sizes. Also, a few feet to your left stands a human in a mithril full plate, wielding a large shield, and a cloak, and it appears to be a female human. On the opposite side of the room there is a door. Other than a few torches on the walls and the door, there are no other distinctive features about the room. You also feel a burning on your chest, on the skin above your heart and on your ribs below that skin.


    @Krgg
    Spoiler
    Show

    You hear a faint shout from somewhere near you but cannot determine what was said. As you swing your falchion at the box the side that you are facing splits down the middle. Standing up out of the box, you look around. While it all looks blurry at first, you soon notice that you are in a room that contains dozens of boxes similar to the one you were in, but of all different sizes. To your left stands two figures, the closest is a nondescript naked kobold, beyond him is a female human donning mithril full plate armor, a heavy shield, with a cloak of her back. On the opposite side of the room there is a door. Other than a few torches on the walls and the door, there are no other distinctive features about the room. You also feel a burning on your chest, on the skin above your heart and on your ribs below that skin.


    @Serdra
    Spoiler
    Show

    As you look through the hole you see a brown wall and what appears to be flickering from lit torches. You first hear a faint shout which you can't tell what is being said, then you hear some mumbling also indiscernible, a clash of a sword followed by a voice saying "Someone has a lot of explaining to do."
    Intelligent doors FTW

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Medic!'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chanute, KS
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Krgg

    Krgg ignores the kobold for now, and addresses the human female, Girl, what is this place? Who put us here? And why...does my chest burn...? As he growls the last bit, the orc looks down at his chest and tries to see inside his breastplate to locate the source of the burning.
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

    Huge thanks to Howl for puting some Boomstick in my avatar

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Ildu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Serdra
    Gripping onto her weapons, now knowing they are there, Serdra takes a deep breath before she stares at the wall, flickering with torchlight and teleports herself in front of the wall in a cloud of shadow.
    "Indeed. Someone has a lot of explaining to do," she announces, brow furrowed.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Manifesting Shadow Stride to teleport in front of the brown wall.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Bleerie scratches her head. She doesn't like the situation. While she takes a crowbar out of her backpack and tries to pry the crate open, her mind makes just as much effort trying to remember what or who led her here, and recollects her last memories.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to take the crowbar out, standard to take 10 on a Strength check to open the crate: total result 10. If this is not enough to open the crate, I will take 20 (total 20) unless I hear any sound or anything interesting happens.

    Int check to remember last details: (1d20)[4]
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Gale
    Looking around, Gale sees that she is not alone, and others have broken out of their cages.
    At Krgg's question, she looks at him, with fury in her eyes, but that fury swiftly fades as she realizes that he also escaped from a box.
    "I don't know how we got here, or even where here is. I woke up in a box, the same as you. I wonder if all of these boxes are occupied? And what happened? It feels almost like someone branded me on my chest. So many questions."
    As she says this, Gale moves over to a nearby box and knocks on it, trying to find out if it is occupied.
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-08-30 at 05:02 PM.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Being Good
    Adiana, Death of the Weave
    Rose, Pawns of the Great Game
    Luxana, Throne of Night
    Violet, The Lucifer Effect
    Liriel, Shadows of an Untold Land
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbo

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    The bandaged man yawns and sits up within the confines of a small wooden box.

    "Small box.... Vincent has it finally happened?"

    He scrambles about excitedly among his possessions for a clean white skull and stares at it uncertainly for a moment.

    "No, you are correct, entirely the wrong dimensions for a coffin. and.." he knocks at the wall of it. "Yes.. air on the other side, most troubling."

    He searches his person for a particular piece of parchment, being unable to currently recall the whereabouts of his contract.

    "So then Vincent, via what means shall we extricate our persons from this box?"
    Message to all pbp games I am currently involved in: these forums games have sadly been more a source of anxiety than entertainment and i shall be taking an indefinite hiatus from the forum.

    Happy gaming in the future to you all.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Medic!'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chanute, KS
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Krgg
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This'll be my action for next round, didn't mean to skip Dram!



    When the human female says the word "branded," Krgg's eye goes wide with fury. As she starts knocking on another box he bellows with rage at an ear-shattering volume, Branded...BRANDED!?!? I'd grow a beard and eat dirt before I'd let someone get away with BRANDING me!

    The orc tightens his grip on his falchion and moves to the only visible door, pushing the kobold out of his way. He reaches for the door with one hand, and flings it open with reckless abandon.
    Last edited by Medic!; 2012-08-31 at 11:03 AM.
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

    Huge thanks to Howl for puting some Boomstick in my avatar

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    @Party (Other than Noru)
    In the room now stand 5 humanoid figures:
    One seems to be an Orc that is investigating his own chest. Another is a naked kobold, the third is a beautiful female human wearing full plate mail while wielding a shield, the fourth is a female gnome standing in a box that is even more beautiful than the human, the gnome not the box, and the last one is another human female wielding two short bladed weapons.

    @Krgg
    Looking under your breastplate you don’t see anything that may cause the burning sensation on your chest.

    @Serdra
    As you teleport out of the box, you realize that the wall you teleported to was actually a ceiling. You take 6 points of damage as you fall 20 ft. to the ground, landing on your back, crushing the box that you were just in. Looking around you see a room that has no special features other than a single door, a few hanging torches that provide some light, and 4 other humanoid figures about the room.

    @Bleerie
    You open up the box and stand up. As you try to recollect what has happened to you, the last thing that you remember is meeting with a group of people for something relating to the Planar Invasion.

    @Gale
    Upon knocking on the box you hear someone talking to someone named Vincent. "Small box.... Vincent has it finally happened? No, you are correct, entirely the wrong dimensions for a coffin. And..Yes.. air on the other side, most troubling. So then Vincent, via what means shall we extricate our persons from this box?" Then you hear knocking coming from inside the box.

    @Noru
    You hear someone knock on the box as you are talking with Vincent.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Gale
    There is someone in this box. I wonder who they are, and if they know anything interesting
    "Whoever you are in the box, I am going to break it."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gale casts Baleful Utterance at the box

    "Do you know how you got here? How any of us got here?"
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Being Good
    Adiana, Death of the Weave
    Rose, Pawns of the Great Game
    Luxana, Throne of Night
    Violet, The Lucifer Effect
    Liriel, Shadows of an Untold Land
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Bleerie steps toward Gale. She was a gnome, which means she had her talky moments. "Oh, yeah, I remember talking with some people about the Planar Invasion, and I remember that I wanted to do something about that. Then, just blank in my memory. I am Bleerie Bryll, by the way."

    OoC
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, I am confused about who is who. My character, Bleerie, is the gnome. I'm pretty sure Krgg is the orc, judging by the name. But I'm lost with everyone else. :S
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Spoiler
    Show
    Gale is a human female in plate.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Being Good
    Adiana, Death of the Weave
    Rose, Pawns of the Great Game
    Luxana, Throne of Night
    Violet, The Lucifer Effect
    Liriel, Shadows of an Untold Land
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbo

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    A humanoid figure of roughly five feet in height stands calmly among the splintering wreckage of the wooden crate. The figure is bound head to toe in immaculate white linen bandages save for a pair of black cloth pants, a pair of silver eyes, and a pair of heavily scarred pointed ears.

    In its right hand it holds a polished white humanoid skull (sans lower jaw).

    The figure brushes some pulverized wood from its shoulder with its free hand and speaks, in a decidedly masculine voice, "Serendipitous." .

    He then turns to regard those present in the room in equal measure before responding to the question asked, plainly and calmly, "Apologies madame, I lack the information you desire."

    He holds aloft the skull and addresses it, "Vincent, perchance you understand this predicament better than I?", he pauses, "I see..." he turns to regard Gale once more "Nor does my companion. But alas, strange company is no excuse for ill manners. Introductions are in order. I am Noru of nowhere." He bows ceremoniously, and briefly, retrieving a backpack, quiver, and bow from the ground near his feet and slinging them over one shoulder as he rises.

    "Would it so happen that any of you have seen a piece of parchment lying about, rolled, golden embroidery, red lettering?"
    Last edited by Tharione; 2012-08-31 at 02:59 PM. Reason: not verbose enough!
    Message to all pbp games I am currently involved in: these forums games have sadly been more a source of anxiety than entertainment and i shall be taking an indefinite hiatus from the forum.

    Happy gaming in the future to you all.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    There is someone who doesn't mind losing his time with unnecessary words, Bleerie thinks. Her short figure is very unusual: gnomes in full armor are rare. Her armor, in particular, is worn and has more than one dent in it, as does her shield. Still, they seem to be extremely well crafted and a good eye could spot a faint glow on them. The only skin emerging from the bulk of metal is her head. Bleerie is dark-skinned, with short thick black hair. In this dark face, her bright green eyes and her white teeth shine and contrast a lot. Her face, very beautiful for a gnome, is marked by several lines; some of them wrinkles, some of them scars. It's the face of a savage who lived to see more days than normal.

    "Mister Noru, nice to meet you too. No parchment in sight. Is it important enough for you to postpone some information gathering? I bet we are in some kind of warehouse, and I want to discover where it is. Where we are. Like, right now."
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    The tall woman in the unscarred silver armor seemed almost unprepared for anything, until you look into her blue eyes. There, you see a well of anger, and determination that has never met its match. Her skin is tan, and her mid-length hair is black, although it looks a bit wild. She seems worried, but about what, you don't know.

    Talking to skulls... kinda creepy. Still, I don't think he is a threat, so he can be as crazy as he wants to be. The gnome seems to be rather friendly, but is heavily armored. Who knows.

    "Greetings, Bleerie and Noru, I am Gale. I am afraid that I have not seen any parchment lying around, but I am not very observant either. Bleerie, as far as finding out where we are, we should go through the door the orc went for."
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Being Good
    Adiana, Death of the Weave
    Rose, Pawns of the Great Game
    Luxana, Throne of Night
    Violet, The Lucifer Effect
    Liriel, Shadows of an Untold Land
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    @Krgg
    Upon entering the room, the structure of it seems quite similar to the one that you just left. You begin to scan the room from left to right. On your left is a door. To your right is another door, next to it is a window. Next to the window is a man, staring out of the window, he seems to notice you presence and turns around to face you. It is a human man wearing a white cloth wrapped around his body, it covers most of his body except for the left side of his torso and shoulder.
    The mysterious robed man begins to speak to you in your native Orc language, “You must be Krgg the Anointed. You probably have many questions, please feel free to ask away. I will answer any questions that I think you should know the answer to.”
    Last edited by Allyzedl; 2012-09-01 at 03:48 PM.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Bleerie quickly goes for the door Gale talked about. She looks extremely fast for a gnome in full plate, moving just about as quickly as an unencumbered human. She wants to find someone, and she wants to find him or her quickly. As soon as she reaches the orc, she says "Greetings, fellow". All of this while looking around and trying to find any clues about the situation.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Double move while looking around. Taking 10 on any relevant check, for Spot and Listen it makes a 16 result.
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Seeing Bleerie go for the door, Gale also heads for the door. Oddly enough, it seems like her feet don't even touch the ground.

    Well, I might as well break one more box. Cost whomever put us here just that little bit more.

    Upon entering the room, Gale looks around, and immediately focuses on the robed man.

    "Who put us here!"
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Being Good
    Adiana, Death of the Weave
    Rose, Pawns of the Great Game
    Luxana, Throne of Night
    Violet, The Lucifer Effect
    Liriel, Shadows of an Untold Land
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbo

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Noru meanders at a calm, walking pace over to the torch nearest this passage all the others seem fascinated with. Uttering an incantation and making some quick gestures as he goes along. He examines the torch with a tilted head.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Extended mage armor cast
    (1d20+17)[21] knowledge: dungeoneering to tell how long ago they were lit if mundane
    (1d20+20)[39] knowledge: arcana to identify the spell involved if they are magical
    Message to all pbp games I am currently involved in: these forums games have sadly been more a source of anxiety than entertainment and i shall be taking an indefinite hiatus from the forum.

    Happy gaming in the future to you all.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Spoiler
    Show
    Those would probably be Survival (for tracks) and Spellcraft (for ongoing magical effects) checks.
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Dramiscius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Gazing around the room at the figures breaking free from their boxed cages, and watching the chaos and confusion that followed, the kobold couldn't help but wonder what they all were doing here.

    *clearing his throat he begins to speak in his somewhat screetchy kobold voice*

    Does anyone know what's going on here? Who are all you people, and what's with the damnedable boxes! And who poked me with a hot iron!

    Spoiler
    Show





  27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Medic!'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chanute, KS
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Krgg

    Krgg focuses his eye on the man by the window. With one hand he flips his falchion upside-down and jabs the point into the floor. He jabs his thumb into his chest, "Yes, I am Krgg the Annointed."

    He points at the human female in the mithral full-plate armor and responds to the man by the window, naturally falling into the Orcish tongue, "She's on the right track. Who's responsible for us being boxed up and brought to this place, where are we, who are you, and for the love of Elven entrails, WHY DOES MY CHEST BURN!?"
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

    Huge thanks to Howl for puting some Boomstick in my avatar

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    @mucco

    Upon reaching the room where the Orc and robed human are in, your eye catches a window that looks like a view of an outside area.

    @Noru

    You get the sense that the torches are magical, by not from the effects of a spell, they seem as if they were just willed into existence.

    @Zipxap

    You hear voices coming from the other room, upon entering it you seen an ordinary looking human male, cloaked in a white cloth, which lightly drapes over most of his body leaving the left side of his torso and left shoulder uncovered.

    @Party

    The man cloaked in white takes a step towards Gale. Slowly raising his arm, and pointing at Gale, “you specifically were put here by Mystra,” pointing at the Orc “Krgg by Gruumsh,” then pointing at the Grey Elf holding the skull “Noru by Boccob,” redirecting his point down towards the Gnome “Bleerie by Oghma,” putting his hand down his then stares at the kobold “Zipxap by Bahamut,” then he looks into the other room “Serdra by Lathander.”

    “As for where you are, the name of this place doesn’t translate into any language that you lot understand, or ever could. But that’s not important.”

    “I go by many names, but you may call me Alexander. As for the burning on your chests, you will get used to it. It is the mark that was given to you when you were brought back.”


    Alexander puts his right hand over his heart, a brilliant light begins shining through the man’s hand. As he puts his hand back down to his side there is a deep red shining light coming from his torso, on the area above his heart. The light then begins to take a shape, it is a deep red beautiful phoenix.

    “This is my mark, all of you have a mark as well that is activated in the same way.”
    Intelligent doors FTW

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Dramiscius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Wait, brought back? Back from what, were we dead? How could that be! The last thing I remember was preparing to go into battle, then waking up here.
    Spoiler
    Show





  30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    "Brought back? As far as I know, I was not dead. So, brought back from what? Any why would our gods bring us back?"

    This is either an amazing lie, or a very powerful being. There muse be a way to tell between them...

    Gale attempts to view her brand, by putting her right hand over her heart.
    Spoiler
    Show
    knowledge the planes check on Alexander (1d20+14)[27] sense motive on Alexander(1d20)[14] activate detect magic
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-09-02 at 10:29 AM.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Being Good
    Adiana, Death of the Weave
    Rose, Pawns of the Great Game
    Luxana, Throne of Night
    Violet, The Lucifer Effect
    Liriel, Shadows of an Untold Land
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •