New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

"Come on. Our goal is to wipe out these outsiders. Rather simple, really. No reason he should not know, seeing as he was fighting them as well."
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

"I am looking for someone, who is not quite important at this juncture. Know that if we find her, you will still have my aid."

3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground

Zipxap

eyes opening slightly due to the proclivity of chatter

While I can't condone torture *yawns*, there are better methods to use. Although, they might all be fruitless against beasts such as these.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #274

GreenSorcererElf

"Either way, we should get some rest. Zavariel and Krgg, feel free to enjoy each others company. You might learn something."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground

Krgg the Late-night Poster without much Purpose

Obviously agreeing with Gale on at least one point, the orc's snores grow louder. His mumbled sleep-mantra takes on some new elements subconciously gleamed from the still-going conversation, Torture ants...*snort*....make the beasts fruitless....*chortle*
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

Huge thanks to Howl for puting some Boomstick in my avatar

6. - Top - End - #276
    Barbarian in the Playground

@Noru
    Spoiler
    Show
    You wander around the village, listening in on conversations and talk to some townsfolk. For the information that you have gathered this makeshift village you have figured out that the village doesn’t really have any separated districts to it. The village exists as a haven for those who survived the Second Wave at Waterdeep. The village was set up around 9 years ago by a few individuals brave enough to clear an area of the Undermountain, and claim it as their own. There a few shops scattered throughout, and only a single tavern in the middle of the village. After asking a few people who is in charge, and them laughing and ignoring you a small half-elf child answers you, “Bailey is in charge, obviously.” Most villagers don’t know much of what is going on outside, as wandering out of the village usually results in death for the normal person.

@Gale
    Knowledge Planes
    Spoiler
    Show
    The best way to annoy the outsiders would be to keep doing what you are doing. Killing family members seems to annoy most people.

After an hour or two of discussion the party finally begins to rest, until the doors of the home begin to open. At which time everyone jumps up ready to attack whatever creature enters the building. Upon discovering that it was just Noru they all have a laugh and rest of the bedrolls. Bleerie watches the party sleeping until Zaavariel wakes up and relieves Bleerie of her watch duties so she can get some rest.

Zaavariel sees Bailey walking down the stairs with a torch in hand. Bailey then walks around the room slowly relighting the sconces on the wall, which gently causes the party to wake up. He pulls a chair out from the table and sits in it and addresses the group, “Well good morning. I trust that you all got some rest, I'm surprised that you didn't use your tent, oh well. Let me know if you have any questions about anything really, since you all seem pretty new to the current Waterdeep.” Bailey then conjures another large feast at the table. “I have prepared some morning food, please help yourselves. There is nothing better in the morning than food and conversation.”
    Intelligent doors FTW

7. - Top - End - #277

Spoiler
    Show
    New round, don't know why it isn't listing me in the last replied section
    Intelligent doors FTW

8. - Top - End - #278

ClericGuy

"Thanks," says Bleerie with a tired voice. She is always tired in the morning, even if she needs only a couple hours of sleep. She takes a drink from the table. "We have decided that we want to go kill formians. We want to avoid linking the killings with this place - angered formians might try to scout this area; also, we would prefer to hit strategic places of course, so that it isn't purposeless massacre we're going to do. Any suggestions?"
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

9. - Top - End - #279

GreenSorcererElf

"I have a somewhat less relevant question: How was Waterdeep destroyed? Last I heard it was doing alright, although it had been attacked a few times. Also, where are the two groups of planars based? Getting them to fight each other would be the best outcome for this area."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

10. - Top - End - #280

Bailey takes a large breath before he begins to spew information, "I would suggest starting your search for the formian in the merchant district. I haven't been able to find their queen, however I have only limited my searches to the surface for the queen. Waterdeep was destroyed in the most intense battle I had ever seen. We were quite prepared for any planar attacks on the city. However, on the day of the final fight at Waterdeep there was a mysterious planar that seemed to lead their forces.

I tried to sneak through their forces and take out their leader, however I was no match for it. Just as I was accepting my defeat a human in white robes appeared in front of me. Before I fell unconscious, I saw him knock back the planar general. Then I awoke in later, at the bottom of a well.

Having my life saved, I decided then and there to do whatever I could to save the lives that remained in Waterdeep. I began to create this village and gathered survivors so that they could live somewhat of a decent of a life here.

The formian don't seem to associate with the uppers. They are usually seen only inside of the merchant district. But the uppers have seem to have taken over the rest of the city, but are more highly concentrated in the old royal district."
    Intelligent doors FTW

11. - Top - End - #281

Noru declines the meal and spends an hour preparing his spells. and 2 minutes or so binding malphas.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+8)[27] binding check DC 15

12. - Top - End - #282

ClericGuy

"And what are, exactly, these uppers? Angels, archons, and the like?"

13. - Top - End - #283

GreenSorcererElf

"Well, at least I know. Hopefully, we will be able to take out this general at some point. Now, the trick will be getting the planars to blame the ants for attacking them. Bailey, you have done an excellent job here, with limited resources. If we win this, you will probably be hailed as the hero of waterdeep."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

14. - Top - End - #284

Responding to Bleerie, Bailey says, "Well there do seem to be a few winged creatures among them, however they seem to come in all different shapes and sizes. As long as the people here are safe, I shall be content."
    Intelligent doors FTW

15. - Top - End - #285

Listening Zaavariel chimes in, "Merchan District? Maybe we can salvage something that has been missed. I had heard much about the glorious merchants of Waterdeep from years past."

16. - Top - End - #286

GreenSorcererElf

"Indeed, they were the wonder of the world, but it has been years since they were last restocked, but we might find something."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

17. - Top - End - #287

Krgg

The orc listens intently to the conversation about him as he eats the offered morning meal. Between wolfed down chomps he asks, So what are we waiting for? We find a back door outta here, and go kill some ants and some invaders!
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

18. - Top - End - #288

GreenSorcererElf

"Who needs a back door? If they are waiting for us, we just kill them. Besides, those ants do need stepping on."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

19. - Top - End - #289

ClericGuy

Bleerie joins Naru to prepare her spells.

20. - Top - End - #290

Bailey speaks at the group, "Well, I can show you an exit that will get you a bit deeper into the formian territory if you would like. I just need to make a quick stop in the village before hand, it won't take long as it is on the way."
    Intelligent doors FTW

21. - Top - End - #291

"A quick stop in the village would be welcome, I'm in need of healing potions and I'll always be willing to exterminate extra planar ant.""

22. - Top - End - #292

ClericGuy

"Don't you waste your money on potions, Z. I can heal you just fine, in return for you smashing things for me", Bleerie winks.

23. - Top - End - #293

GreenSorcererElf

"It would be interesting to see what is left of Waterdeep. Perhaps we will be able to help in some way. Zaavariel, I would suggest buying a wand or a belt before buying a healing potion, as both would prove more versatile. If you don't have the money, I am sure we can keep you alive."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

24. - Top - End - #294

ClericGuy

"I have a wand already... just in case I'm out of spells!"

25. - Top - End - #295

"And what shall I do when it's you, the healer laying in a pool of your own blood? It's better to have some other healing available."

26. - Top - End - #296

GreenSorcererElf

"Well, if she has a wand, I can just borrow it to heal her. I am sure that she wouldn't mind."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

27. - Top - End - #297

Krgg

And what will we do when I die of old age listening to you all prattle on about healing? Lick your wounds when your foe is dead, not before. The orc hefts his pack, and dons his armor, turning his eye to Bailey.

Get on with it then...

28. - Top - End - #298

Bailey says, "Alright, lets head out then." Bailey then leads the group out of his his, and into the village. Bailey starts to slow down as you approach a open field that has nearly a dozen people sparring. At the front of them is the large female, Cassandra. Bailey walks up to her and speaks to hear, however you cannot hear over the people sparring. But you manage to hear as Cassandra yells, "But we need to act now!" she then walks away from Bailey, into a small building nearby.

Bailey then walks back up to the group with a look of concern on his face. "If you need to do anything before we head out I suggest you do so, otherwise let's be on our way."
    Intelligent doors FTW

29. - Top - End - #299

ClericGuy

Bleerie tries to stay somewhat close and stares intently at the two, while they're talking. Afterwards, as Bailey comes back, she shows him the canvas with the black seal. "I just remembered I found this on a formian. What is it?"

Spoiler
    Show

Also, Spot check to read lips: (1d20+6)[19]

30. - Top - End - #300

Bailey says to Bleerie, "that is a very unusual version of Daern's Instant Tent. I have seen them before, but they are usually a little smaller than that one."

@Bleerie
    Spoiler
    Show

You find it difficult to read their lips as it is not a very illuminated area, and between you are several people sparring with weapons. While you can see that their lips are moving, the flickering light from torches makes it too difficult to distinguish any words that they are saying.
    Intelligent doors FTW