Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 540 of 1258
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Vorel continues questioning the party, "So where is everyone else? We seem to be missing Noru, Zipxap, Serdra, Gale, Lucy, and Garrin." Vorel points at the goliath and orders her, "Go get us some healing items, they seem like they are about to collapse." The goliath trudges out of the Chamber of The Will.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  2. - Top - End - #512
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    "Noru and Gale were still alive when we got out. I reckon they'll be here shortly, they did say they could teleport. Either that, or they were prevented from running away. We will see, I guess." Bleerie shrugs. "It's fine, it's fine. You always lose allies when you travel. Today, we lost a lot more enemies than allies. Tomorrow, we will lose even more enemies."
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

  3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    "Well elf, I hope that you are good for something. Pity I can't do damage to the queen though."

    Gale rummages through her handy haversack, pulling out her bag of holding, before grabbing the frozen elf, and teleporting to the open tunnel.

    Spoiler
    Show

    So, move action to pull out the bag of holding, standard to cast flee the scene, bringing along the elf, to go 2 tiles past the entrance to the unexplored tunnel(inside the tunnel).

    (pretty sure that works, seeing as I am not attempting to harm the elf.)
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Being Good
    Adiana, Death of the Weave
    Rose, Pawns of the Great Game
    Luxana, Throne of Night
    Violet, The Lucifer Effect
    Liriel, Shadows of an Untold Land
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar

  4. - Top - End - #514
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    @Gale
    Spoiler
    Show

    You find yourself in another dark room. There are two more tunnels in this room, one on the left and one on the right.

    The queen then fires more magic missiles at you.

    Gale takes 10 damage from the missiles.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Left or right... We came in through the right, so heading right should have a better chance of getting out.

    "Elf, I don't know if you can hear me, but I might be able to end the spell on you. If not, I have friends that can. Of course, they aren't here right now..."

    Gale stuffs the elf into the bag of holding, before teleporting to 2 squares past the entrance to the tunnel to the right.
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-10-08 at 06:59 PM.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Being Good
    Adiana, Death of the Weave
    Rose, Pawns of the Great Game
    Luxana, Throne of Night
    Violet, The Lucifer Effect
    Liriel, Shadows of an Untold Land
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar

  6. - Top - End - #516
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    @Gale
    Spoiler
    Show

    You find yourself in a room with 1 other tunnel in it, straight ahead of you.


    @Noru
    Spoiler
    Show

    The prismatic wall in front of you disappears, on the other side of it sits the formian queen, but Gale and the other humanoid are both gone.

    You also notice that she doesn't have an aura around her, like she did when you first encountered her.

    The queen is 70 ft. in front of you, by herself.
    Last edited by Allyzedl; 2012-10-08 at 07:13 PM.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Time for some more running

    Gale places the bag of holding back in the handy haversack, and teleports as far down the tunnel as she can see.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Being Good
    Adiana, Death of the Weave
    Rose, Pawns of the Great Game
    Luxana, Throne of Night
    Violet, The Lucifer Effect
    Liriel, Shadows of an Untold Land
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar

  8. - Top - End - #518
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbo

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Noru trolls eyes narrow as he smells a trap.
    He hands the bundle of papers to the raven (who promptly delivers them to the queens space) and casts a spell. Filling a twenty foot radius around himself with mist before stepping five feet back.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Message to all pbp games I am currently involved in: these forums games have sadly been more a source of anxiety than entertainment and i shall be taking an indefinite hiatus from the forum.

    Happy gaming in the future to you all.

  9. - Top - End - #519
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    @Gale
    Spoiler
    Show

    You find yourself in a room, on the far side is a tunnel with a prismatic wall blocking it. There is a tunnel to the south, you can see Noru's trumpet archon and myrmarch skeleton sitting in the room, there is a tunnel south of that which is covered in mist.


    @Noru
    Spoiler
    Show

    The queen quickly scans two of the papers that surround her as they explode on her. The queen now looks quite bloody and struggling to stay alive, she seems close to death, as you create a mist in the room.

    Four magic missles then come at Noru, but his shield absorb the missles.

    Intelligent doors FTW

  10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Noru is still here, and this is the room where we bypassed the prismatic wall...

    Gale moves to the entrance of the mist, and then teleports 20 feet down, and ten feet over.

    "Noru? are you still here?"
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Being Good
    Adiana, Death of the Weave
    Rose, Pawns of the Great Game
    Luxana, Throne of Night
    Violet, The Lucifer Effect
    Liriel, Shadows of an Untold Land
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar

  11. - Top - End - #521
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    @Bleerie, Krgg, & Zaavariel
    Spoiler
    Show

    Vorel speaks again, "Can I get you anything? What are you plans from here? Did you find anything useful on your adventure? Also, I feel like I must remind you, that a lot can change in a day."
    Last edited by Allyzedl; 2012-10-09 at 09:37 AM.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Zaavariel states again, "I would have any aid you can offer and an immediate return. We did not run, we regrouped. And as you stated earlier, we no not have the others with us." Zaavariel is obviously exhausted, bit still tense and agitated about being forced back.

  13. - Top - End - #523
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Vorel hands Zaavariel a scroll, "Here this is a scroll of teleport, however it is the only one that we have, so don't waste it. We don't keep a lot of items here at The Heart, as they would just sit here and be wasted. Someone is looking for a way to heal you guys, however I doubt that she will find anything."
    Intelligent doors FTW

  14. - Top - End - #524
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    "Do none of you possess a divine connection capable of rejuvenating us? Bleerie?"

  15. - Top - End - #525
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    "Yes, I can heal everyone. I just hoped not to use up my wand. It's fine!"

    Bleerie starts casting her last spells, and then starts using her wand.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Mass Cure Light Wounds (to be cast when everyone is here) (1d8+10)[13]
    Cure Critical Wounds on me: (4d8+10)[31]
    Cure Critical Wounds on me: (4d8+10)[34]
    Cure Moderate Wounds on whoever needs it: (2d8+10)[14]
    Cure Moderate Wounds on whoever needs it: (2d8+10)[19]
    Cure Light Wounds on whoever needs it: (1d8+5)[10]
    Cure Light Wounds on whoever needs it: (1d8+5)[13]
    Lesser Vigor on whoever needs it (15 hp)

    And that's all of my spells gone.

    After this, just tell me how much damage you have left and I will take out wand charges accordingly.
    Last edited by mucco; 2012-10-09 at 12:39 PM.
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

  16. - Top - End - #526
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Vorel states, "While we don't have a lot of supplies, we have some fine craftsmen here at The Heart, but it would take a while for them to make specific items from scratch."
    Intelligent doors FTW

  17. - Top - End - #527
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    @Noru
    Spoiler
    Show

    As the other pieces of paper are caught up in the explosion, they too explode. The formian queen is blown into chunks and pieces, which are now scattered about the room and decorate the walls.


    @Gale
    Spoiler
    Show

    You hear a series of loud explosions coming from the other room.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  18. - Top - End - #528
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Gale heads for the explosions, keeping an eye out for trouble.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Being Good
    Adiana, Death of the Weave
    Rose, Pawns of the Great Game
    Luxana, Throne of Night
    Violet, The Lucifer Effect
    Liriel, Shadows of an Untold Land
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar

  19. - Top - End - #529
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    @Gale & Noru
    Spoiler
    Show

    The force of the explosions clears the room of the mist. The black tentacles disappear from the tunnel as Gale passes through them, revealing the queen all over the place in pieces.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  20. - Top - End - #530
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbo

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Noru becomes visible once more as the skeletons charge into the room.

    The troll brushes a stray piece of viscera from his shoulder.

    "Well Miss Gale, shall we meet with the others?"

    Spoiler
    Show

    dismiss greater invisibility if its duration is not over with
    Message to all pbp games I am currently involved in: these forums games have sadly been more a source of anxiety than entertainment and i shall be taking an indefinite hiatus from the forum.

    Happy gaming in the future to you all.

  21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    "An impressive blast. How did you do that? We should probably search the queen, see if she had anything useful on her. I think we should head to the survivors of Waterdeep, as they may need our help. Also, do you have a dispel spell available?"

    As Gale is speaking, she moves over and casts detect magic, seeing if the queen has any magical items.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Being Good
    Adiana, Death of the Weave
    Rose, Pawns of the Great Game
    Luxana, Throne of Night
    Violet, The Lucifer Effect
    Liriel, Shadows of an Untold Land
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar

  22. - Top - End - #532
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    @Gale
    Spoiler
    Show

    You detect auras of magic scattered throughout the room, as well as some in the piles of myrmarch, taskmaster, and warrior bodies. You also notice that there are several faint auras coming from the room that you were just in, you notice that the aura is visible in the tunnel.
    Last edited by Allyzedl; 2012-10-09 at 01:59 PM.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  23. - Top - End - #533
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    "Let us return." Once healed, Zaavariel slaps Krgg as hard as he can to wake him us before they use the scroll to return.

  24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    "There is quite a bit of magic scattered around. We might as well gather the items up."

    Gale will wander around, gathering up the magical items.

    Spoiler
    Show

    I kind of figure some sort of bonus to search for having a detect spell going...
    (1d20+1)[6]
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Being Good
    Adiana, Death of the Weave
    Rose, Pawns of the Great Game
    Luxana, Throne of Night
    Violet, The Lucifer Effect
    Liriel, Shadows of an Untold Land
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar

  25. - Top - End - #535
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    "I'm not going anywhere, I need to rest. I'm about as useful as a commoner without a crossbow right now."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry :P
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

  26. - Top - End - #536
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbo

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    "Of course, the searching was implied. As for how i did that, preparation Ms. Gale, I am a professional."

    Noru troll cracks his neck for dramatic effect.

    "Sadly no dispels remain for me today."

    he nods to some absent statement.

    "Vincent agrees with you. But, as much as I pine for the survivors of waterdeep, the others will be..."

    he pauses.

    "Vincent, your brilliance is showing. Or perhaps my own mediocrity."

    Noru searches his bag for a red communication crystal from the far speaking amulet and attempts to use it.

    "Hello, this is Noru of nowhere. The old queen is dead, long live the king."

    he smirks.
    Last edited by Tharione; 2012-10-09 at 02:08 PM. Reason: forgot a color omiguh
    Message to all pbp games I am currently involved in: these forums games have sadly been more a source of anxiety than entertainment and i shall be taking an indefinite hiatus from the forum.

    Happy gaming in the future to you all.

  27. - Top - End - #537
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    "Then I will return us, though it is far from a guaranteed success. The others have not arrived, either they are incapable, or have been incapacitated. Doesn't your god value allies?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Read Magic, don't cast the spell yet.

  28. - Top - End - #538
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    @Bleerie, Krgg, & Zaavariel

    Vorel walks over to you and says, "It seems that Noru is trying to communicate with me, it seems like a message for all of us." Vorel then repeats the words that she hears from Noru, acting as a line of communication between the two separated groups.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  29. - Top - End - #539
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    "Well excellent, let's go then. I hope there won't be other fights today."
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

  30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Spoiler
    Show

    Assuming that the search is complete...

    "Well, I think I might as well try to free that elf."

    Gale pulls the elf out of her bag, and starts casting a spell on him.
    (as she is casting the spell: note attempting to RP retraining)
    "Now, I know I can do this... This might sting a bit."
    Gale summons some icy looking energy between her hands, and focuses on it, her hands shifting around it, as it slowly shifts to a more purple-red color. She then releases the energy at the elf, trying to shatter the spell that imprisons him.

    "Having fun? I just freed you from some sort of imprisonment spell. What brought you here?"
    Spoiler
    Show

    So, cast voracious dispelling at the elf.
    dispel check, if needed(1d20+10)[21]
    the Elf takes 8 damage. Fun.
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-10-09 at 02:33 PM.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Being Good
    Adiana, Death of the Weave
    Rose, Pawns of the Great Game
    Luxana, Throne of Night
    Violet, The Lucifer Effect
    Liriel, Shadows of an Untold Land
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •