Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 1258
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Medic!'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chanute, KS
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Krgg the Lonely

    Krgg's revelry in the fight quickly turns sour as the world flees from his senses. Just before the silence envelops him and his surroundings disappear he sees the gnome who has been empowering his onslaught stuck by a beam from one of the lanterns.

    His fury at the loss of his senses robbing him of the joy of battle is stoked even higher knowing that one of those creatures struck a very useful minion, the orc lashes out blindly, trusting his falchion to remember the way into the archon's sweet flesh again.

    The orc forces air from his lungs as he strikes, and is still a little shocked when he doesn't hear the growl that usually accompanies such an exhalation.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Krgg makes a full attack against the archon's last known position...ugh wall of dice rolls!
    Attack 1 - (1d20+23)[27]
    Attack 1 crit confirm - (1d20+23)[41]
    Attack 1 miss chance - (1d100)[7]
    Attack 1 miss chance - (1d100)[19]
    Attack 1 Slashing damage - (2d4+16)[18]
    Attack 1 Critical damage - (2d4+16)[18]
    Attack 1 Vicious damage - (2d6)[8]
    Attack 1 Vicious damage to me - (1d6)[6]

    Attack 2 - (1d20+23)[28]
    Attack 2 crit confirm - (1d20+23)[33]
    Attack 2 miss chance - (1d100)[63]
    Attack 2 miss chance - (1d100)[72]
    Attack 2 Slashing damage - (2d4+16)[23]
    Attack 2 Critical damage - (2d4+16)[22]
    Attack 2 Vicious damage - (2d6)[7]
    Attack 2 Vicious damage to me - (1d6)[4]

    Attack 3 - (1d20+18)[26]
    Attack 3 crit confirm - (1d20+18)[30]
    Attack 3 miss chance - (1d100)[93]
    Attack 3 miss chance - (1d100)[33]
    Attack 3 Slashing damage - (2d4+16)[21]
    Attack 3 Critical damage - (2d4+16)[23]
    Attack 3 Vicious damage - (2d6)[5]
    Attack 3 Vicious damage to me - (1d6)[6]

    Each successful attack will heal Bleerie for 2hp
    Looks like no crit threats, and if either concealment roll misses, the attack misses
    Last edited by Medic!; 2012-09-07 at 01:39 PM.
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

    Huge thanks to Howl for puting some Boomstick in my avatar

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Dramiscius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Zipxap

    Clutching his eyes Zipxap utters a few words vanishing from sight

    Spoiler
    Show
    Using the Walk Unseen invocation to go invisible, duration 24 hrs or until I directly attack something.
    Spoiler
    Show





  3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Bleerie isn't caught off guard by the blinding spell. "I've seen better, Wingy... try harder!"

    She gestures and speaks the words of power, giving her a supernatural sense. Having located the archon this way, she quickly touches her holy symbol before pronouncing a single word - and suddenly a big longsword made of pure force appears out of thin air, trying to slash the enemy.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action: cast Blindsight. Roll for deafness (1d100)[72]

    If the spell goes off, Bleerie then DMM-quickens Spiritual Weapon, aimed at the trumpet.
    Roll for deafness (1d100)[29]
    Attack roll: (1d20+13)[16]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[4] (the sword overcomes all DR)
    Crit (threat 19-20): (1d20+13)[17]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[6]

    If Blindsight fails, Bleerie quickens a Lesser Vigor instead. Use the deafness roll above for it.
    Last edited by mucco; 2012-09-07 at 03:03 PM.
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Since everyone except Gale is blind and deaf I separated everyoneís actions to limit your PCs awareness.

    @Gale
    Spoiler
    Show

    You see both your attacks hit the trumpet archon, but neither of them hitting the lantern. The trumpet archon then falls to the ground. Krgg then swings his sword and yells as he attacks the air in front of him. Unaware of the boat moving, Krgg just floats in the air as the boat keeps moving. He is now around 60 ft. away from the boat floating in the air. You hear someone next to say some indistinguishable words, but you donít see them. Zipxap appears to be casting a spell, but nothing happens. Bleerie then casts a spell at the lantern and it falls to the ground.


    @Krgg
    Spoiler
    Show

    You swing your sword but donít feel it hit anything.


    @Noru
    Spoiler
    Show

    You cast shield and nothing happens to you.


    @Zipxap
    Spoiler
    Show

    You cast the walk unseen invocation on yourself and hope for the best.


    @Bleerie
    Spoiler
    Show

    Your blindsight succeeds, and you see the trumpet archon on the ground and attack the lantern archon, hitting it and it falls to the ground. Looking above you however, you can no longer see Krgg.


    Bleerie and Krgg are no longer deafened after this post. Bleerie can now see out to 30 ft.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbo

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Invisible:
    Noru moves 5 feet in a direction that won't take him off the boat, to his knowledge, readies to fire his bow the moment he can see again.
    Message to all pbp games I am currently involved in: these forums games have sadly been more a source of anxiety than entertainment and i shall be taking an indefinite hiatus from the forum.

    Happy gaming in the future to you all.

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Bleerie smiles, while she steps up to the dying foe. She kneels, and with what little strength she has she punches him on the head. "HA! This is for trying to blind me!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    5-foot step to the archon
    Full-round action: coup de grace, with my full plate gauntlet, dealing 1d2-2 damage - minimum 1. It's autocrit for 2 damage, DC 12 Fortitude to avoid dying, if it was not dead already. 1d2+1 damage = 2 because I forgot about the buff so I'm rolling minimum as punishment. Autocrit for 4 damage, DC 14 Fort.

    lol

    still was funnier without the buff.
    Last edited by mucco; 2012-09-07 at 03:23 PM.
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Seeing both of the Archons fall to the ground, and her allies performing a number of interesting actions, Gale yells, hoping that the others will recover some of their hearing soon

    "Fight is Over."

    Seeing Krgg failing to follow the boat, Gale moves towards him, yelling
    "Krgg, come to me. You are losing the boat. Fight is over"
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Damien, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Not new round

    @Krgg
    Spoiler
    Show
    You hear yelling from a distance but cannot determine what is being yelled or where it is coming from.
    Last edited by Allyzedl; 2012-09-07 at 03:34 PM.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Medic!'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chanute, KS
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Krgg

    After even only a few seconds of utter silence, the world seems to assault Krgg's ears when his hearing returns. Still unable to see, he snarls Think you can strike me in the dark do you? We'll see about that!

    Like a battlefield general, he barks a single word "Armament!" and in a flash he is armored from head to toe. Feeling more secure and in his element with his armor donned, the orc calls out to his allies in a clarion voice Where's the invader? Don't let him escape!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action to activate Krgg's called armor, with the rest of his turn spent crying like a little girl-orc (translated to waiting for his blindness to wear off, or for some clue to find his allies/foes/what-have-yous)
    Last edited by Medic!; 2012-09-08 at 04:15 PM.
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

    Huge thanks to Howl for puting some Boomstick in my avatar

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Spoiler
    Show

    Iíll start this round by skipping forward a few rounds so that people can see and hear again. This will be the round right after Krgg gets his vision back, about 30 seconds later.


    Everyone in the party except Krgg is able to see that the lantern and trumpet archons have been defeated as they lay dead on the deck of the boat. Nobody can see Krgg anywhere on the boat. Looking around the sky they cannot see any figure that may resemble Krgg either. While Gale knows that he is floating somewhere behind the ship, the others in the party didnít see him not move along with the shipís speed.

    Two of the goblins on the ship stand up, one of them says, ďWhat happened? The last thing I remember was the sound of some kind of horn.Ē

    The goblin on the back deck does not stand up.

    Krgg now sees that he is just flying above the ocean, he sees what he believes is the ship, but it is now hundreds of feet away from him.

    @Krgg
    Spoiler
    Show

    If you try to fly towards the ship, you find that the ship is moving away faster than you can fly to it.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    "Captain, we were attacked. Krgg went overboard, but he has a fly spell. Would it be possible to turn back and pick him up before the spell ends?

    We were attacked by a 4 planars. A trumpet Archon, and 3 Lantern archons. They were defeated however.
    "
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Damien, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Medic!'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chanute, KS
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Krgg Family Robinson

    When his sight comes back, Krgg quickly realizes his peril. He begins flying towards what he hopes is the ship he was on, and soon notices that it is still pulling away from him.

    HEY! TURN AROUND! YOU LEFT ME BEHIND DUNG-BRAINS! he screams out over the water.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Using two move actions per turn, Krgg will chase the ever-shrinking boat at 40ft per move.
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

    Huge thanks to Howl for puting some Boomstick in my avatar

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    The goblin captain responds to Gale. "Well...It would be possible, but risky. I don't know where this Krgg fellow is. And if we turn around from our set course we will likely get lost as it seems that our navigator is dead."


    @Krgg
    Spoiler
    Show

    Despite moving at your fastest speed, you seem to be just a little slower than the boat.
    Last edited by Allyzedl; 2012-09-08 at 08:09 PM.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Bleerie coughs loudly to attract attention. "Excuse me, mister. This guy just saved you sorry butt by slicing our enemy thoroughly. I should probably add that we are on a suicide mission since we have to fight beings able to exert power on our gods. And you deem risky that we should turn back and fetch the guy? No sorry, what? You turn this ship around now and we get our friend back. This is not even close to being questionable." By the time the gnome finishes the last sentence, she is not too far from shouting in rage. With a small pause, she regains her composure. "Let the gods guide us afterwards."
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbo

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Noru lowers his bow at sight and sound returning to him. He wanders over to the dead trumpet archon and tilts his head.

    "Pitiable... "

    He places his hand on the forehead of the fallen archon, gets a firm grip, and pulls back his arm, rising as he does so. The flesh of the archon fails to follow his grip, instead Noru pulls free the skull... shortly followed by the spine and remainder of the creatures still connected bones until he has pulled free an entire skeleton, and pulled it to a standing position alongside himself.

    "Follow me closely, defend me always."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Using animate dead spell like ability on the trumpet archon
    Message to all pbp games I am currently involved in: these forums games have sadly been more a source of anxiety than entertainment and i shall be taking an indefinite hiatus from the forum.

    Happy gaming in the future to you all.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    "Then slow the ship down you idiot. You would allow us to catch up while not losing your course. I could teleport back, but I would not be able to increase his speed."

    Spoiler
    Show
    very sad. silly 30 foot fly.
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-09-08 at 08:30 PM. Reason: fly moves 40., not 30.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Damien, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbo

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    "Running around like chickens with their heads cut off. erm..."

    Noru proceeds slowly toward the lifeboat he left Vincent in.

    "No offense intended i assure you Vincent."

    The bandaged man throws up his hands and mumbles something gesturing toward the prow of the ship.

    "Rapid deceleration.. everyone may want to hold on to something. Skeleton, hold me."

    In front of the ship a great bank of fog appears.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Norus casts Solid fog, positioning the fog cloud 20' in front of the ship in the direction it is heading
    Message to all pbp games I am currently involved in: these forums games have sadly been more a source of anxiety than entertainment and i shall be taking an indefinite hiatus from the forum.

    Happy gaming in the future to you all.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Medic!'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chanute, KS
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Krgg the Exhibitionist

    Desperate to put on any extra speed he can muster, the orc begins throwing pieces of his armor into the ocean, starting with the easiest to remove parts first. As his gauntlets splash in the surf, he spews a stream of curses outloud.

    GET BACK HERE YOU SPINELESS GOBLIN DOLTS, OR I'LL TURN YOU INTO FISH FOOD!

    The orc pumps his legs furiously as he removes his armor, trying to speed his passage.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Back to naked in - (1d4+1)[4] minutes
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

    Huge thanks to Howl for puting some Boomstick in my avatar

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    As Noru creates a cloud of fog it slows down the boat tremendously. Krgg is finally catching up to the boat.

    The goblin captain commends Noru, "Great idea."

    Everyone is now able to clearly see Krgg as he flying at the boat while taking off his armor. He is very close to the boat now, around 40 ft. away until the boat clears the fog and Krgg enters it, slowing him down to a crawl.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Since Krgg is taking off his armor he can't take double move actions.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    "Oh! There he is! I'm going to fetch him."

    Bleerie casts a spell and disappears, appearing on Krgg's shoulders, safely holding onto him. She then casts another quick spell and both appear back on the ship.

    "There, done!" The gnome smiles wide as she steps off Krgg. "Oh, right, does anyone have open wounds? I can heal you."

    Spoiler
    Show
    I cast Dimension Door twice, to get there and to get back the round afterwards.
    Last edited by mucco; 2012-09-08 at 09:01 PM.
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Seeing the fog cloud coming, Gale lands, so that she does not get lost in the fog.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Damien, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    The goblin captain says, "Well now that that is settled, To Waterdeep!" We've got about a 2 days journey ahead of ourselves. There is plenty of food and water under deck in the cabins. Make yourselves comfortable."


    Spoiler
    Show

    Do anything, say anything that you need to do for those 2 days at sea as it is smooth sailing the rest of the way. And give yourselves 1000 experience for the journey so far, rping, and combat.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Medic!'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chanute, KS
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Krgg the Tennis Ball

    Once back onto the ship, the orc mutters Armament under his breath, returning his missing armor pieces to his body.

    Usefull lil thing ain't ya? You stick close to me, gnome. I like you!

    Krgg reaches into his pack, retrieving a leather belt, studded with three diamonds. He swings the belt around by one end, quickly fastening it around his waist, and touches two of the diamond, they glow briefly. He then moves that hand, which looks as though some of the light rubbed off onto it, and ruffles the gnome's hair. You took care of me, I'll take care of you.

    The orc then touches the last diamond, and channels the light into his own chest.

    Before going to sleep that night, Krgg cleans and oils his armor and falchion, leaving the armor and his pack in his bunk. He spends the next two days in a routine of practicing his swordsmanship on-deck and discussing the next steps of their journey with his companions and reminiscing about the time he himself spent in Waterdeep so long ago.

    Bleerie
    Spoiler
    Show
    Krgg uses 2 charges from his Healing Belt to heal Bleerie for (3d8)[18] damage, then uses the last charge to heal himself for (2d8)[9].
    Last edited by Medic!; 2012-09-08 at 09:34 PM.
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

    Huge thanks to Howl for puting some Boomstick in my avatar

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Bleerie searches through the pile of boneless flesh that used to be an archon. Feeling his way around Bleerie pulls out 2 scrolls and a rod.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Looking over her somewhat battered allies, Gale sees that they are working together, rather than individually, and realizes that this may not be a suicide mission after all.

    "Well, that went okish. Nobody died, although we did almost lose Krgg. I wonder if this was a routine patrol, or if they are looking for that bubble. I hope that we can work together better in the next fight though. Perhaps we should discuss what we bring to a fight.

    I can teleport short distances, fly, and shoot at enemies, or multiple enemies. I can also detect magic. Bleerie, if you will allow me to look at those scrolls, and the rod, I can probably give an idea of what they do.
    "
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-09-08 at 09:26 PM.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Good
    Violet, The Lucifer
    Liriel, Shadows
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar
    James, School
    Damien, Sun
    Tulip, Deal
    Aeris, Overrated

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    "Go ahead and identify them." Bleerie hands over the items to Gale.

    "I was thinking... we ran a huge risk now, we can't let that happen again. Those outsiders... they can teleport. All of them can. If one of those had gotten away, the invaders would have known of this place. We must take measures to prevent their escape if we are to keep this mission secret. I will be able to cast a Dimensional Anchor (and I have another... small trick up my sleeve), but everyone else who can should be able to do it as well. We will be fighting a lot of enemies which are resistant to magic, so I will fail eventually."
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Medic!'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chanute, KS
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Krgg

    Gale has a good point. You've all met Foebane, which along with Gruumsh's good-will accounts for the sum-total of my abilities. I was annointed by my tribe as a champion of the One-eye in battle, and he empowers me to smash anything before me as I see fit.

    Krgg turns his attention back to Bleerie, I've said it a hundred times if I've said it once. Grease stains tell no tales! HA!

    He tucks the diamond studded belt pack into his pack, and listens with full attention to each of his allies as they list their talents.
    Last edited by Medic!; 2012-09-08 at 09:33 PM.
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

    Huge thanks to Howl for puting some Boomstick in my avatar

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Upon studying the scrolls Gale discerns that one has a properties of abjuration magic, the other transmutation magic. The rod also has properties of transmutation magic.

    Also, you notice that there is a red button at one end of the rod.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    With your artificer's monocle you identify one of the scrolls with having the spell of Protection from Arrows with only a single use. The other scroll is a scroll of Make Whole with 3 uses. While the rod is an immovable rod.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbo

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Noting that his compatriots are informing one another of their talents he joins in.

    "I solve practical problems, as you have seen. While not adept martially I have rarely found it to be a problem. It should hardly be considered an impediment given current company."

    He nods to them.

    "Call me if there is another crisis."

    Noru goes about searching the enemies for any valuables or information.
    After which he asks the captain to inform him one hour before they are slated to arrive. He also orders the skeleton to aid the crew as they direct it to in handling or maintaining the ship, grabs Vincent and two days food/water and sequesters himself in a room for 2 days.

    Remainder of the current day:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Wards the door to where he is with a ghoul glyph and casts explosive runes to write two very polite letters about the virtues of surrendering to a superior force and tactical mind. He eats then takes an early 8-hour meditation to make use of the remaining hours of his mage armor and wanders out on deck for an hour around midnight to stare at the sea while preparing his spells.


    Second day:
    Spoiler
    Show

    greets dawn by casting Extended mage armor then jogging around the boat, and finally casting a prestidigitation spell to clean the salt and grime from his bandages, returning them to a pristine state. He then eats, has a long discussion with Vincent about sea turtles and returns below deck to bind Malphas for the day (poor/good pact probably unimportant). Summons a dove and sends it to the rigging to watch the sea for him. He writes two more mannerly letters in explosive runes. Fights with Vincent over the pronunciation over a word and sends Vincent to sit in the hall for 10 minutes before retrieving the skull and reconciling. Eats and takes another early meditation. Watches the sea for an hour trying very hard to remember something, concentrating on the slivers of his memory. Prepares spells the next hour.


    Arrival Day:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Greets dawn with jog, cleaning, and casting of extended mage armor. When informed of being within an hour of destination binds Malphas, casts phantom steed, summons a raven to his shoulder, and casts false life upon himself. Then orders the skeleton to only follow his orders once more, those being follow him and defend him from those who attack him. He then awaits Landfall atop his phantom steed.


    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+8)[19] Binding check (DC: 15)
    (1d10+9)[19] false life temporary hp
    Last edited by Tharione; 2012-09-08 at 09:52 PM.
    Message to all pbp games I am currently involved in: these forums games have sadly been more a source of anxiety than entertainment and i shall be taking an indefinite hiatus from the forum.

    Happy gaming in the future to you all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •