Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 1258
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbo

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Noru blinks profusely at the 'newfound companion' comment.

    "Information gathering would be a worthwhile enough endeavor, far more so than the death of a few nameless Formians."
    Message to all pbp games I am currently involved in: these forums games have sadly been more a source of anxiety than entertainment and i shall be taking an indefinite hiatus from the forum.

    Happy gaming in the future to you all.

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Bleerie addresses the newcomer, the elf Zaavariel, as they start following Bailey. "So, tell me, why do you turn down aid? It is... peculiar."
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Turning to address Bleerie, "Woe to he who is in a need and has little choice, but to accept the aid of a stranger. If we are mutually threatened, I will give and expect aid, but you have no reason to aid me now, it is I who are in your debt."

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    The sun begins to set over Waterdeep harbor as Bailey leads the party in between multiple rows of ruined homes and shops. He finally stops when you reach an area that has crumbled buildings that seem like they used to be several stories high. He then points out a particular archway in a building; it seems like a space where a door was once occupying. On the ground is a dusty old sign, the only letters that can be deciphered from say Yawn. He signals for you to follow him into the building.

    He walks straight to the back of the building and opens a door that leads to a courtyard behind a few enclosed buildings. In the middle of the courtyard is a well. The well seems like it has new rope hanging on it, and looks like it has had some repairs done to it. This entrance is the closest one in town. I doubt we could reach the others safely right now.

    It’s about a 100 ft. drop to the bottom, so be careful when you are going down. I’ll stay up here and take care of any problems that might arise now that the sun has set. Then I’ll follow you down and show you around. Any objections or questions?
    Intelligent doors FTW

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    @Noru

    Spoiler
    Show

    From your raven you see crumbled buildings, homes, and churches. The city of Waterdeep is clearly in ruins. It looks like a large number of formian are headed in your direction. They must have somehow been tracking the party. Ahead are upper planars flying around the royal district, you see one of them point their finger at the bird as their finger begins to glow, you lose contact with the bird.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    So this is what became of the Yawning Portal, and its Well. The ones responsible for this destruction have much to answer for.

    Wordlessly, Gale flys down the Well. If any of you see her face, you can tell she is sorrowful, although about what, you don't know.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Being Good
    Adiana, Death of the Weave
    Rose, Pawns of the Great Game
    Luxana, Throne of Night
    Violet, The Lucifer Effect
    Liriel, Shadows of an Untold Land
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbo

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Another raven appears on Norus shoulder and flies to the nearest roost nearby where it can see both the entrance and the pit. He then jumps in with his skeletal minion, casting feather fall on them both before reaching the bottom.
    Message to all pbp games I am currently involved in: these forums games have sadly been more a source of anxiety than entertainment and i shall be taking an indefinite hiatus from the forum.

    Happy gaming in the future to you all.

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Watching the others enter the well, Zaavariel follows through mundane means, sliding down the well and bracing againsts it's sides.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Take 10 for a 20, DC should be 10 lower since I can brace against each sides plus a little lower for descending, not climbing.

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Medic!'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chanute, KS
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Krgg, the Late Poster

    Throughout the conversation between the party and Bailey, Krgg stood off to the side, swinging his sword around in a testing manner and making curious faces. As his expression changed from bewilderment to anger, and back to confusion again, he continued to do what appeared to be mock sword-fighting with an unseen enemy. He'd slash slowly at the air, furrow his brow in puzzlement, then an over-exagerated lunge, and his face would crinkle up in displeasure.

    When the party begins to leave the area, he looks up, startled, and realizes he's being left behind!

    He chases after the group wordlessly, rounding the corner behind a building to see the elf they rescued start down the well.

    Krgg takes a few moments to talk to Bailey, having not paid attention to a word he said previously. As he catches up on the high-lights of the situation the orc strips his armor off, and stuff it in his pack.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Minutes - (1d4+1)[2]


    When the two finish talking, the orc guffaws at the group's decision to rest, Bah...Night time is the time of hunters. That's why orcs see in the dark.

    He non-chalantly tosses his pack down the well, and quickly thinks to shout a warning down to clear the way. Deciding that the elf didn't have such a bad idea, he tries to brace his feet on either side of the well and hold on to the rope to walk his way down.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Climb - (1d20+8)[25]
    As he enters the well he mutters, Stupid ants...my technique was perfect....must've been some sorcery at work...stupid ants...
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

    Huge thanks to Howl for puting some Boomstick in my avatar

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Wow, this looks exactly like a trap! Ah well, I'm confident I can get out of it.

    Bleerie casts a quick orison on herself before going down the rope.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Guidance on myself for a +1 on the climb check. Taking 10 for a total of 9.
    Last edited by mucco; 2012-09-15 at 07:40 AM.
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Under the Well

    The bottom of the well opens to a tunnel, around 20 feet wide. The group moves into the dark tunnel to allow everyone room to come down the well. As soon as everyone is down the well you see Bailey land and tumble into the tunnel with ease.

    Bailey pulls out a lit torch from his cloak, lighting up the tunnel. He then squeezes through the party and leads them several minutes down the tunnel, until it opens up to a large cavern.

    The cavern is fairly well lit from torches mounted on the walls of buildings. The inside of the cavern looks like it is home to a small village. There are people walking around in rags and tattered clothing, it doesn’t seem like the have many luxuries in this Undermountain village.

    A large humanoid figure approaches you, as it clanks from it’s heavy plate armor. A deep feminine voice yells at Bailey, “What are you doing bringing strangers into Mountaindeep?”

    He responds to the figure, “I will take full responsibility for their actions Cassandra.”

    In a sarcastic tone Cassandra replies, “Always looking out for others, the noble Bailey.” She then points toward the party, “I’ve got my eyes on you.”

    Bailey then motions to the group, “Come on, this way.”

    He leads you to a two story building, the first two story building that you have seen in the village. “This is my place, you can stay in the meeting hall.” He opens up the door to a large room that seems to take up the entire first floor. At the far end is a large table with a dozen chairs sitting at it. To your left is a spiral staircase, which Bailey runs up and returns back down with bedrolls. He lays them around the open space in the room.

    Bailey welcomes the group to his home and asks, “Can I get you anything before I turn in for the night?”
    Intelligent doors FTW

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    "If you can spare it, I'd be glad to have a map of the city, possibly with some 'hot' spots marked. Otherwise, I'm good."

    Bleerie turns to the others: "If you don't mind, I'll take the first watch. I can probably half of the night. Zaavariel, would you mind doing the second half? You're an elf, you don't need much rest."
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    As they walk through undermountain, Gale is on the lookout for traps, but she does not see any.

    "Well, you could answer a few questions? Like who destroyed Waterdeep? When I left, it was still standing. Or what happened to Halaster? Either way, thank you for your hospitality."

    Before he can respond, Gale uses the Artificers Monocle to identify the Red crystal that she was given by the order of the ash. However, she is clearly paying attention to Bailey as well.
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-09-15 at 08:42 AM.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Being Good
    Adiana, Death of the Weave
    Rose, Pawns of the Great Game
    Luxana, Throne of Night
    Violet, The Lucifer Effect
    Liriel, Shadows of an Untold Land
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Answering Bleerie in a much more polite tone, "I only need a few hours rest and a little sustenance, and I can take the final three watches. As minor repayment for today's aid."

    Spoiler
    Show

    He will cast Mage armor before bed, and every 5 hours there after renewing its protection. I have 8 1st level castings per day leaving me 4(minus an hour) to use at later times for shield or if my Mage armor gets dispelled.
    Last edited by Zman; 2012-09-15 at 09:17 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    "Ah, let's just split the night evenly. I have no big need for sleep either." Bleerie says with a smile.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ring of Sustenance gogo

    Ooh, are you Duskblade with whirlpouncer dip Zman? Very nice build, if it's that.

    Ready to move on here.
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbo

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    "I would prefer to learn everything i can from the people here before any resting."

    nods

    "Vincent also suggests a greatsword would be helpful if theres one to be found here."
    Message to all pbp games I am currently involved in: these forums games have sadly been more a source of anxiety than entertainment and i shall be taking an indefinite hiatus from the forum.

    Happy gaming in the future to you all.

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Dramiscius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Wide eye'd and weary from the travel and excitement, Zipxap yawns and speaks.

    Well, I'm all for learning whatever we can, I personally think it can wait *yawn* till the morning. Where can we turn in for the night?
    Spoiler
    Show





  18. - Top - End - #228
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Allyzedl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    "You can use these bedrolls to sleep in," Bailey then glances at the folded cloth in Bleerie's hand, "Or you can use that if you prefer. In the meantime please rest, a few of you look quite exhausted. I'll answer all your questions in the morning." Bailey then goes over to the table, makes some gestures and conjures some food and drinks for the party.

    "Please help yourself." Bailey says as he goes back upstairs to turn in for the night.
    Intelligent doors FTW

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Dramiscius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Spoiler
    Show
    Forum lag double post
    Last edited by Dramiscius; 2012-09-15 at 11:05 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show





  20. - Top - End - #230
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbo

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Noru summons and leaves a dove with the rest of the party and goes off to examine the shantytown and gather information on the situation here, who's in charge, city districts etc.

    Spoiler
    Show

    old bird disappears
    new bird watches over the rest of the party.
    (1d4+1)[3] hours gathering info
    (1d20+3)[19] gather information
    Message to all pbp games I am currently involved in: these forums games have sadly been more a source of anxiety than entertainment and i shall be taking an indefinite hiatus from the forum.

    Happy gaming in the future to you all.

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    "Thank you for the offer, but I have my own bedroll. Thank you for the food. I could also stand watch for a time, although that seems to be unnecessary. We will continue our tasks in the morning."

    With that, Gale eats, and then goes to sleep in her bedroll.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Being Good
    Adiana, Death of the Weave
    Rose, Pawns of the Great Game
    Luxana, Throne of Night
    Violet, The Lucifer Effect
    Liriel, Shadows of an Untold Land
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Medic!'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chanute, KS
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Krgg the Mighty (Tired)

    A tiny knot of suspicion eats at Krgg's gut as he descends into the well. The tension in him only grows when he sees something enter the well above him. At the bottom he scoops up his pack and places a hand on the hilt of his weapon, but he relaxes when he sees that it's Bailey and that no treachery has befallen his group in this vulnerable position.

    Still a bit leary, and a bit brooding over their last battle, he keeps silent until they reach Bailey's home.

    The orc sits at a table and begins laying out pieces of his armor, oiling them as he does every night. This time he seems disturbed as he polishes the plates of steel.

    We should be hunting our enemies instead of lounging about like scouts on furlough. Especially now that this elf is with us. He's a good addition to the band...at least he has the sense to carry a weapon, and seems to know how to use it somewhat. The statement comes with a hint of a growl and more than hint of disdain...the words forced out between bites of the meal Bailey laid out.

    When he finishes oiling his armor and moves to his whetstone and oil ritual with his black blade, he falls into a contemplative silence. Several minutes later, he runs his thumb down the sharp edge, drawing a line of blood, and begins laughing from deep down in his belly.

    Now I understand! the tension pours out of him and he takes another large bite of his meal. I forgot something important about Foebane. This explains everything. Crafty double-edged sword, she is. I'm surprised I had to ask her what happened.
    Last edited by Medic!; 2012-09-15 at 10:33 PM.
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

    Huge thanks to Howl for puting some Boomstick in my avatar

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Quote Originally Posted by mucco View Post
    "Ah, let's just split the night evenly. I have no big need for sleep either." Bleerie says with a smile.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ring of Sustenance gogo

    Ooh, are you Duskblade with whirlpouncer dip Zman? Very nice build, if it's that.

    Ready to move on here.
    "Fair enough.". Zaavariel finds a quiet comer to spend a few hours meditating deeply. After a couple of hours he will join the watch. While joining Bleerie on watch, "Bleerie is it? How long has this.....group been working together?".

    He cleans his sword thoroughly, removing any of the Ant residue which was left after their battle. He also rubs his mighty Shortbow with oil and makes ready his meager equipment.

    After hearing the comment by Krgg, "Do you rally feel safe in such armor? I find it .... Too restrictive...." a look of displeasure at the thought.
    Last edited by Zman; 2012-09-15 at 07:08 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Medic!'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chanute, KS
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Krgg

    Heh, it's mostly for show. Nobody takes an orc seriously in a loin-cloth and it makes for too-short of fights. Make no mistake, Elf, I'm just as dangerous without it as I am in it...you can ask Noru's pet about that. (He seems to spit the words in italics).
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

    Huge thanks to Howl for puting some Boomstick in my avatar

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    "I've only heard women don't take an Orc seriously in a loincloth...some small problem about shortcomings.... Or something like that...". The elf holds a stern face for a few moments before cracking a wide smile.

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Bleerie answers the elf. "Eh, just a couple days. Our path is still fully ahead of us - what a great tale it will be, if we win. I am so going to write a long story detailing every event if we manage to kill these pests."

    She feels quite at home with the two warriors. "You know, you remind me of my army. I had several big strong people in it, like you. Fun times." Her gaze is distant, and her tone is sad. "By the way, are you talking about his armor? Have you seen mine?" she says, showing her bulky full plate. "It's so heavy! But I'm not nearly as nimble as you are, so metal is a good way to avoid pointy sticks and pointy teeth."

    About the elf's last comment: "Actually, I have seen my share of naked elves and orcs and I can assure you that it is... totally not true."
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Medic!'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chanute, KS
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    "I've only heard women don't take an Orc seriously in a loincloth...some small problem about shortcomings.... Or something like that...". The elf holds a stern face for a few moments before cracking a wide smile.
    The only reason a woman wouldn't take an orc in a loin-cloth seriously is because his sword is still sheathed! Krgg returns the elf's smile...this one reminded him of an elf he used to adventure with...he just might be alright!

    Turning his gaze to Bleerie, Krgg addresses Zaavariel again, This little one's got some fire in her. Warrior's armor, warrior's attitude. Even has a sword to call on!
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

    Huge thanks to Howl for puting some Boomstick in my avatar

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbo

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    The dove watching over the group shivers and turns about to watch the entrance.
    Message to all pbp games I am currently involved in: these forums games have sadly been more a source of anxiety than entertainment and i shall be taking an indefinite hiatus from the forum.

    Happy gaming in the future to you all.

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Gale's voice drifts over from her bedroll
    "Come now, Krgg, no woman would take an orc or an elf in a loincloth seriously. What would be the point? And Bleerie, with the right support, you can still be nimble while wearing fancy armor. Of course, with the right support, no male would dare to attack you in it."
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Aria, Vertiron
    Elena, Classics
    Bluebell, Being Good
    Adiana, Death of the Weave
    Rose, Pawns of the Great Game
    Luxana, Throne of Night
    Violet, The Lucifer Effect
    Liriel, Shadows of an Untold Land
    Aster, Space
    Elizabeth, Chamar

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Medic!'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chanute, KS
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Invasion of Toril

    Krgg

    In a calm, systematic manner, the orc places his whetstone and weapon on the table he's seated at, and without a change in expression at all, rises and faces Gale. With a look of deadly seriousness on his face, he quickly spins on his heels and moons her! BAH HA HA HA HA! Laughing heartily, he slips his trousers back up and returns to his chair, picks up his tools, and returns to his work.
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

    Huge thanks to Howl for puting some Boomstick in my avatar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •