Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 159
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    Entering the room, you can now tell that there is the remains of a spiral pattern on the floor made out of greenish tiles. The room makes a roughly plus shape, with the spiral arms reaching into each of the extensions of the room. To the far left there is an open doorway, and almost straight across there is another solid wooden door.

    As the hand enters the room, you spot another chimera skeleton in the far corner by the open doorway. Already as your hand enters this monster is moving towards the sounds of you behind the door.

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    dark.sun.druid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sigil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    Armun moves up from the back of the line, trying not to shove Zeus as he moves past.
    What do you see up there? Anything interesting?"

    Avatar by Ava

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    Zeus lets Armun past and steps behind him, again taking aim through the window of the door in case anything hostile should appear.
    Currently played characters:

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    "Another chimera skeleton. Approaching us, fast." Merla says in a distracted tone of voice. She steps backwards, and the hand-spider rapidly crawls back through the window and retreats behind her.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure whether to let Armun handle this, or help him at the cost of losing my spell... I guess it depends on whether it tries to squeeze through the door to get us, or just looms in the corridor and bars our progress.

    Bull's Strength and Heroism should both still be up, anyhow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candle Jack View Post
    This image you have of European peasants huddled fearfully in decrepit hovels while packs of baby-eating wolves terrorize the countryside has no basis in reality.
    Murgan, dwarven footpad
    Slade, half-orc Oracle of Ancestors

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    dark.sun.druid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sigil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    Armun, hearing Merla's warning, steps forward, and takes a quick swing at the door to knock it into the tiled room.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Using a full Power Attack:
    (1d20)[10] to hit,
    (1d20+18)[35] damage.

    Avatar by Ava

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    As the door bashes open, you see the skeleton has stopped where it was in the middle of the room - seemingly just having frozen in place when the spider hand retreated from the room. On the door smashing open however, it appears to re-awaken and head towards you again.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Chimera Initiative: (1d20+6)[16]

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    Merla steps back. Breaking her concentration would cause her to lose her spell, and she's confidant her comrades can handle the chimera without injuries.

    ((Passing actions indefinitely))
    Quote Originally Posted by Candle Jack View Post
    This image you have of European peasants huddled fearfully in decrepit hovels while packs of baby-eating wolves terrorize the countryside has no basis in reality.
    Murgan, dwarven footpad
    Slade, half-orc Oracle of Ancestors

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    dark.sun.druid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sigil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    Armun, with a reptilian roar, rushes forward at the chimera skeleton, swinging his bludgeon viciously.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Making a charge attack for +2 to hit, but transferring +2 from attack bonus to damage using Power Attack, for a net modifier of +9 to hit and +15 (Bull's Strength is still active, I believe) damage. Also, -2 AC until next round.
    Attack: (1d20+9)[29]
    Damage: (3d6+15)[30]
    EDIT: Damn undead! What a waste of a critical! Really awesome rolls though.
    Last edited by dark.sun.druid; 2012-10-31 at 11:43 AM.

    Avatar by Ava

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    Zeus steps forward into the doorway and takes a shot at the Chimera.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Marking tentative positions for myself and Armun (see OOC).
    Attack: (1d20+12)[13]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[4]

    Edit: Oh, well that's not good.
    Last edited by bluefuzzyfish; 2012-11-02 at 02:58 PM.
    Currently played characters:

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    Armun charges in, giving the new threat a big whack with his hammer as Zeus takes a shot from behind - unfortunately going ever so slightly wide. In response to the new threat, the chimera bites down on Armun but unfortunately snaps just above his head.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack: (1d20+7)[21]
    Damage: (2d6+4)[15]
    Last edited by Joshua; 2012-11-03 at 01:00 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    dark.sun.druid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sigil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    Armun, recovering his balance after the charge, takes another quick sideways swing at the skeletal beast.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+9)[17]
    Damage: (3d6+10)[21]

    Avatar by Ava

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    Zeus refocuses his eyes quickly, having no idea how he slipped up so badly, and fires two more shots at the undead chimera.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Full Attack.
    Attack1: (1d20+11)[20] Damage: (1d8+2)[9]
    Attack2: (1d20+11)[13] Damage: (1d8+2)[10]
    Currently played characters:

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    After the battering from Armun's hammer, Zeus's arrow managed to just strike the chimera in the exact right place to bring in down before it gathered up the momentum to retalliate again against the intruders.

    Spoiler
    Show

    You have no idea how close that was...

    That makes 1,141xp each in total

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    Merla moves forward, her spider-like hand crawling down from her shoulder and skittering across the floor.

    "Bravo." she says, distractedly, as the hand crawls up to the lower door and attempts to twist the handle and wrench it open.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candle Jack View Post
    This image you have of European peasants huddled fearfully in decrepit hovels while packs of baby-eating wolves terrorize the countryside has no basis in reality.
    Murgan, dwarven footpad
    Slade, half-orc Oracle of Ancestors

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    The handle turns smoothly and the door swings open, revealing a dark unlit corridor behind it stretching away.

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    Merla sends the spider scurrying down the corridor, calculating it's length as she goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candle Jack View Post
    This image you have of European peasants huddled fearfully in decrepit hovels while packs of baby-eating wolves terrorize the countryside has no basis in reality.
    Murgan, dwarven footpad
    Slade, half-orc Oracle of Ancestors

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    Zeus steps over the broken bones to stand watch, glancing down both open doors for potential threats as he watches the hand skitter off.
    Currently played characters:

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    The spider reaches a corner at the end, after about 50' of darkness. Around the corner the corridor stretches further away into darkness.

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    "Extends 50 feet, turns a corner..." Merla reports, sending the spider on further.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candle Jack View Post
    This image you have of European peasants huddled fearfully in decrepit hovels while packs of baby-eating wolves terrorize the countryside has no basis in reality.
    Murgan, dwarven footpad
    Slade, half-orc Oracle of Ancestors

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    The corridor reaches a dead end after another 25', but with another left turn 10' from this corner yet again stretching into darkness.

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    dark.sun.druid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sigil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    Armun walks across the room and, after looking down the long dark corridor for a moment and thinking, turns back to the group and sets his backpack on the ground. He fishes around for a moment before pulling out two slim, waxy looking rods.
    "Sunrod," he says simply, beckoning to Merla, "It's dark in there. We don't want to be running into anything unaware."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Edited because Zeus has a sunrod already and I forgot...
    Last edited by dark.sun.druid; 2012-11-12 at 09:43 PM.

    Avatar by Ava

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    "Thank you." Merla wanders over to accept the sunrod, and has her spider follow the corridor.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Following the corridor until I reach a junction, a door, or a dead end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candle Jack View Post
    This image you have of European peasants huddled fearfully in decrepit hovels while packs of baby-eating wolves terrorize the countryside has no basis in reality.
    Murgan, dwarven footpad
    Slade, half-orc Oracle of Ancestors

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    The hand takes the turning to the left, enquiring further into the darkness. As it does, there is a noise coming out of the darkness and the hand is struck dead.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+4)[24] (Ouch. I'm not rolling damage as the minimum I can get is already too much)
    Last edited by Joshua; 2012-11-15 at 07:47 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    Merla hisses in frustration and pain, as her hand abruptly reforms, broken and twisted, before shaping itself back into a normal human hand.

    "Something killed the spider after I directed it up the corridor to the left. It could see sixty feet ahead in the dark, and yet I saw nothing approach, so it must have triggered a trap or been ambushed by something stealthy. It was... sudden."

    She twirls her quarter staff around, then grabs it, abruptly arresting it's motion. Then she stalks ahead down the corridor, stopping five or ten feet before the point where the spider was killed.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Did it do more than 12 damage? The spider's toast either way, but I need to know whether I had time to make a move action and end the spell before the spider bled out, or whether I didn't have time, and therefore need to roll damage from the spell being ended abruptly. Spider Hand

    Also, how far did it progress up the northern corridor before being killed? Or did it die as soon as it came to the T-junction?
    Quote Originally Posted by Candle Jack View Post
    This image you have of European peasants huddled fearfully in decrepit hovels while packs of baby-eating wolves terrorize the countryside has no basis in reality.
    Murgan, dwarven footpad
    Slade, half-orc Oracle of Ancestors

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    dark.sun.druid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sigil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    Armun, instantly on alert from Merla's warning, lights his sunrod and tucks it into a front pocket of his travel cloak to free his hands. Then, grasping his hammer firmly in both hands, he follows Merla down the corridor...

    Avatar by Ava

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    Zeus follows a couple of steps behind, his hat still providing illumination. "It might be best of Mister Armun goes first, Miss Merla. Of the three of us, he seems the most durable." he whispers as they cautiously move forward.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move Silently: (1d20+4)[8]

    Map updated with tentative new positions and walking order based on actions already taken. It's in my signature.
    Currently played characters:

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    Merla pauses, glaring at junction reproachfully. She looks for any smears, marks, burns or any other detritus on the ground that would provide a clue as to what happened to the spider, and how it died.

    "It was killed there." she whispers, pointing. "If one of you would like to check that area for traps, it would surely be prudent. If not... it's probably my turn to go first, anyway."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Waiting for one of the party to check the area for traps. If they do so, she will head back around the corner and take cover there. If they don't, she will proceed to the junction, and use her steel mirror to peek around the corner without actually stepping onto the place the spider was killed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candle Jack View Post
    This image you have of European peasants huddled fearfully in decrepit hovels while packs of baby-eating wolves terrorize the countryside has no basis in reality.
    Murgan, dwarven footpad
    Slade, half-orc Oracle of Ancestors

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    dark.sun.druid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sigil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    Armun, temporarily taking one hand off of his hammer, retrieves the sunrod from his cloak pocket, and proceeds to toss the glowing stick past Merla and into the junction between the two hallways, attempting to illuminate any lurking dangers.

    Avatar by Ava

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    Zeus peaks around the corner from where he is standing and looks the area over as well, searching visually for signs of what might have happened, but not going to the junction itself just yet.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Stepping up into Armun's space and looking around the corner for this, will be forced back out of his space if combat should start.
    Not sure if search or spot is more correct for this. So here are both.
    Search: (1d20+3)[15]
    Spot: (1d20+6)[24]
    Currently played characters:

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: The Twisted Dungeon of Chaos [IC2]

    Peering around the corner, you see a javelin lying on the ground in the junction, and you spot a huge skeletal creature ducking around the corner further down the passageway.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •