New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Screaming Nightmare (IC)

May 10th 2073 11:40pm
    The Aurora - Auburn 304th Street E & 132nd Avenue E

Mick
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jut Tooth laughs as he talks. "I love when they try to bargain."

He pauses looking over the table at you as his eyes size you up.

"If you think you can find better prices then mine you're free to look, but I know you won't. But I also won't begrudge you for trying to bargain. I'll throw in one pack of Betel, because you amused me."

Kit, Damian, & Rhyno
    Spoiler
    Show

The barkeep looks to Kit as she returns. "Hmmm no luck ehs? Toos bad, Johnny was some wiz slinger back in da day. Des dayz he seems burnt out a bit too oftin. But if yoo be lookin for a magik type, he'd be da one ta help yoo." As the bartender finishes talking, Kit feels a light tapping on her shoulder, as the voice of Johnny comes from behind her.

"You said there's work? I may not know this Miko character, but is she's here and magically inclined I can find her and if she's not here, I may know people that do or at least be able to point you in the right direction."

As they converse, the two girls who had been glancing Rhyno and Damian's way order another round.

If you have Cyberears w/ either Audio Enhancement or Sound Filter at 2+ or 2 or more hits on a perception test w/ a -1 modifier
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh yeah definitely those two. No one else in this bar looks good enough." The blonde remarks again to her friend.

The two girls seem to finish up their conversation as they move down the bar. The blonde sliding up next to Rhyno, the brunette next to Damian. "Haven't seen you or your friend here before. New to town?" The brunette asks Damian.

Her blonde friend just smiles at Rhyno, before asking, "What are you drinking there big guy?"

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

She jumps at Johnny tapping her shoulder. "You said there's work? I may not know this Miko character, but is she's here and magically inclined I can find her and if she's not here, I may know people that do or at least be able to point you in the right direction."

Kit replies: "I thought there was work, but I guess I was mistaken. I know where my friend is, and I'll just call her later for work."

If Johnny leaves after, she'll send a text to Miko asking where the guy is, and why he hadn't shown yet.
    Last edited by Karen Lynn; 2012-09-24 at 08:45 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daravon_35 View Post
    Kit, Damian, & Rhyno
    Spoiler
    Show

Her blonde friend just smiles at Rhyno, before asking, "What are you drinking there big guy?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rhyno's eyes take a second to focus on the woman then he answers,"'s Hurlg. I shwear by the shtuff, but I maybe a bit strong for ya."

I think by this point everyone expects the Spanish Inquisition.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Mick was a bit annoyed by the Ork's attitude, but did his best to keep it from showing. He did not have a whole lot of leverage here, and he knew it. "All right. How soon can you deliver?"
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

5. - Top - End - #65

Mick
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jut Tooth leaned back, both of his arms moving down under the table and then reappearing above with six slap patches under his mitt. "For just half a dozen? Right now. And for your gum..." As he says the final part he glances to the man to his left who reaches into his pocket to produce a single pack of Betel*.

"And now, your payment?"

*Ten pieces in the pack.

Kit
    Spoiler
    Show
    Konbanwa my little Kit. The contact never showed? That's grave news, he was supposed to be there by 11pm. I'll look into it, but for now keep your eyes open.

OOC: More at the bar will happen once I know if Telasi wants Damian to respond or not.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

"New to the Aurora. Seems like I've been missing out on the best in old Chinese curses. Oh, yeah, and I almost forgot the attractive women." Damian smiles, showing he's kidding. "Before you beat me up, I promise that was my one stupid line tonight. I'm Damian."
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

By way of response, Mick reached into his own pocket, produced a credstick, made a show of checking the balance, set it on the table, and pushed it towards the ork.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you, my friend. I will keep alert. Kit will turn her attention to the new arrivals now talking to Rhyno and Damian. She will listen to them, keeping her eyes over the rest of the bar.

9. - Top - End - #69

Mick
    Spoiler
    Show

Jut Tooth's hand slides out to the middle of the table, scooping up the credstick as he leaves the six slap patches of psyche, the human to his left tosses the pack of Betel in as well.

Jut's hand moves back, checking the balance before he deposits the credstick inside his jacket and then smiles at you. "Pleasure doing business with you, anything else I can help you with tonight?"

OOC: Assuming you didn't short him, remember to remove the 1k ¥ from your sheet please.

Damian, Rhyno, & Kit
    Spoiler
    Show

The blonde smiles again at Rhyno. "I've never turned down a strong drink before." She says as she orders a round for both of you. Smiling once more, she raises her glass to you, "Bottoms up!"

The brunette chuckles at Damian's "joke", before introducing herself. "My name's Scarlet and that's my friend Topaz and since you're new to Aurora let me be one of the first to welcome to you our shining star of a bar in Seattle" Scarlet says in between drinks, still smiling at Damian.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Damian, Rhyno, & Kit
    Spoiler
    Show

The blonde smiles again at Rhyno. "I've never turned down a strong drink before." She says as she orders a round for both of you. Smiling once more, she raises her glass to you, "Bottoms up!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Cheers," says Rhyno as he starts to drink.

Tough gal, Ryhno thinks as he watches the blonde drink, Lotsa people are to scared of the stories of people ending up in the ICU to give Hurlg a chance.
    Last edited by BudgetDM; 2012-09-27 at 09:56 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71

Damian sends a quick text (mentally, of course) to Hank to verify what he can of Scarlet's story. Hank, do you happen to know these two?

"Thanks, Scarlet. So, wh... Whoa." He does a double take after a casual glance to check on Rhyno. "Does she usually challenge trolls to hurlg drinking contests?"
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"No, thanks, I think I'm good for now," Mick said, collecting the patches and pack. Rising from his chair, his lifted his mug in salute, to discover it was empty. When did that happen? he wondered. "So I will bid you a good night." He headed back to the bar for a refill.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Getting a little nervous with the wait, the no-show, and the new girls, Kit closes her eyes and tries to relax. She then attempts to discern the scent of the new girls from the rest of the bar.
    Last edited by Karen Lynn; 2012-09-29 at 08:57 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74

Mick
    Spoiler
    Show
    Half way to the bar you feel a hand on your shoulder and the voice of one of Jut Tooth's human pals behind you. "One moment, bud." The voice says, as suddenly a small ork face with large tusks pops up on your commlink image, as it then fades into your contacts list.

"Just in case you need to get in touch with us." The voice says as it trails back behind you, presumably returning to the table in the corner.

At the bar a small scene is going on. The barkeep seems a little busy tending to some of the usual rabbles, as two pretty human females seem to be hitting almost awkwardly on a very large troll and another human, while the one time singer from earlier tonight looks on.

OOC: Add Jut Tooth to your contact list at Loyalty 1, Connection 3. Also did you have 2.2k or 3.2k before the purchase of the psyche? I thought it was 2.2k, so should be down to 1.2k, yes?

Rhyno, Kit, & Damian
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Rhyno downs his Hurlg the blonde does as well, she then smiles again, not even seeming to notice the strength of the stuff. "I'm Topaz, by the way. And you are?" She says as she orders you both another round of Hurlg.

Scarlet sighs, as she glances over to Topaz, in response to Damian's question. "Unfortunately... yes. I'm sure I'll be dragging her home tonight or perhaps picking her up from somewhere come morning. It seems she's always trying to out drink some ork or troll or whoever looks the toughest in the place." She pauses for a moment as she looks back to Damian.

"So are you just new to Aurora or to Seattle itself? If so there's plenty of places that have to been seen."

Damian
    Spoiler
    Show

Hank text's you back:

Seen them a couple of times before, not much. Always seem to be hitting on someone or another. I think they may be shadowrunner groupies or something.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

Rhyno, Kit, & Damian
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Rhyno downs his Hurlg the blonde does as well, she then smiles again, not even seeming to notice the strength of the stuff. "I'm Topaz, by the way. And you are?" She says as she orders you both another round of Hurlg.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Names Rhyno. Nice to meetcha," Rhyno says then adds, "You oughta slow down there, Hurlg should be savored."

Rhyno then texts Kit.

hey kit im to wastedd to remember but do u kwno how 2 tel if some1 has alkhol poisonin? it mayb important
    Last edited by BudgetDM; 2012-09-30 at 12:31 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Getting the brunette's scent, then the text from Rhyno makes Kit smile. She shakes her head, chuckling. In response, she sends, Not yet, but I'll look it up. I knew I should've bought the frame for a detox spell after that last job.

After sending that to Rhyno, she'll check out the new mage approaching the bar.
    Last edited by Karen Lynn; 2012-10-06 at 07:25 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77

"Persistent, aren't you? Okay, I'm kinda new to Seattle. Not just-got-off-the-bus new, but I've only been here a couple months now. I'm sure there's plenty I haven't seen yet, so why don't you go ahead and tell me?"
    Snickett avatar by me.

18. - Top - End - #78

Rhyno, Kit, & Damian
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Noted! So since I got the last round, how about you get this one and then you can show me how I should savor it." Topaz says, smiling once more to Rhyno.

"Hmm... that depends on what you've already seen. " Scarlet say as she stops to think for a moment before continuing. "Also depends exactly what you're looking for. If it's a bar or nightclub than you're in luck. There's Club Penumbra, Matchsticks, Dante's Inferno, and Alabaster Maiden. Our biggest attractions are probably either Council Island or the Space Needle." She stops and laughs, place her hand on Damian's shoulder. "Listen to me, I must sound like a travel agent. You know.. If it's danger that excites you. We could always head to the Ork Underground."

Mick
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you approach the bar you notice the one time singer, who the gang of elves were hassling earlier, looking your way. You also notice the large troll she was with now drinking with a blonde, as the man who stopped the bar brawl is standing next to him talking to a brunette. It seems they're all getting quite chummy with each other.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Thanks," he told the thug and went on his way.

Mick awarded the singer with a smile and a small wave as he drew near and climbed up on the next stool. With his free hand, he turned on his comm's recording function. He had never gotten a chance to speak with a sapient non-meta before-he would want to go over this later. "Don't worry, you're not the first girl who couldn't keep her eyes off of me. I'm used to it by now," he said with a smile and a wink. "I'll take a refill," he told the barkeep and then checked to see if the shifter had a drink. If not, he ordered one for her too, explaining in whisper "I owe you that much for giving me a break from that banshee."

"I'm Mick, by the way," he said, extending a hand. "And if you'll forgive me for sounding trite, what's a girl like you," putting extra emphasis on the word so she would know what he meant, "Doing in a place like this?"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Kit smiles politely at his comment, then thanks him for the beer. "I'm glad someone thought I did well, and not lead it to a bar fight." When he introduces himself, she takes and shakes his hand. "Hello, Mick. I'm Kit." She raises an eyebrow at the emphasis, then points behind her to Rhyno. "I'm with my friend, here. Thought I would come out for once."
    Last edited by Karen Lynn; 2012-10-07 at 06:40 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "Noted! So since I got the last round, how about you get this one and then you can show me how I should savor it." Topaz says, smiling once more to Rhyno.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Okay, sure," says Rhyno as he orders the next round.

Once it arrives, Rhyno proceeds to drink it slowly.

Really, it's not that complicated.

22. - Top - End - #82

Rhyno
    Spoiler
    Show
    Topaz giggles as she lifts the drink up and begins to comsumer is slower than before, but still at a fast pace.

"Frag.. I just can't seem to get the hang of it. Let's try that again." She says as she orders you both another round, even before you've finished your current.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"I've never found gunplay to be a good way to thank somebody for anything," Mick said. After a moment's contemplation, he corrected, "Unless she's into that kind of thing.

"Looks like your friend's made some new friends,"
    Mick observed, looking at the girls talking to the trolls both physically and astrally.

24. - Top - End - #84

"I think narrowly dodging a gunfight is enough danger for one night. Well, dodging might be premature; could still have some elves waiting outside." Damian shrugs. "We're just a popular bunch tonight, I guess. Enough about me, though. Why don't you tell me something about yourself, besides the fact you'd be a decent travel agent?"
    Snickett avatar by me.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

Rhyno
    Spoiler
    Show
    Topaz giggles as she lifts the drink up and begins to comsumer is slower than before, but still at a fast pace.

"Frag.. I just can't seem to get the hang of it. Let's try that again." She says as she orders you both another round, even before you've finished your current.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rhyno shakes his head and continues drinking at the same pace.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

"Gun play is definitely not what I call a good time." She drinks some, then smiles. "It does look that way. Its always good yo have new friends. Kit finishes her drink, stands and stretches. "I need to get some air. I'm going to step outside for a minute." With that, she'll head to the front door, pausing as she does to give Mick a chance to follow.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Mick looked up the bar and sighed. Still, blondes were a nuyen a dozen, even the naturals. And cockblocking a troll was never a good plan. I can go with you, if you like," he offered. "You never know where those elves could turn up."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

"i'd like that. A girl can never be too careful." On the way out, she'll stop by the door and let Mick go first, popping astral as she does and assensing him.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Mick stepped out and looked around for angry elves...

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

And if no elves are out there according to Mick, Kit will follow him out.