Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: General Crowdfunding Thread, Mark I

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    Just one quick update -- the project funded, and looks to go well past basic funding, so if you're the "wait and see" type, go see.

There is a pledge level that includes a character commission, and that character will also be included with the comic as one of their "paper minis".

Two of the three stretch goals have been met. Right now the comic will include a hex map of the area it takes place in, and a bestiary of the "monsters" encountered by the protagonists.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ns/description

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2309892

http://www.yesthievescan.com/thieves...n-mimicthulhu/
    Last edited by Max_Killjoy; 2018-10-12 at 04:49 PM.
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

Planet Mercenary RPG Discussion

2. - Top - End - #452
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Default The next edition of Savage Worlds Kickstarter is up

Link

I like this RPG a lot. I think it is a good fit for any action heavy campaign.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: The next edition of Savage Worlds Kickstarter is up

Quote Originally Posted by Rhedyn View Post
    Link

I like this RPG a lot. I think it is a good fit for any action heavy campaign.
    Same here. I'm just trying to decide at what level to support it.

Interesting note, the SW Kickstarter was fully funded 6 minutes after opening!

4. - Top - End - #454

Nice! I'll always have a soft spot for Savage Worlds.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

I've been meaning to get more familiar with Savage Worlds. Maybe this is a good chance to do it.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Gulaghar and Ashen Lilies.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

I've never particularly liked SW, but I've respected it - this might be an opportunity to change that.

At the very least I'm pretty sure Pinnacle will manage to bind their pages together competently this time.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

7. - Top - End - #457

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    I've never particularly liked SW, but I've respected it - this might be an opportunity to change that.

At the very least I'm pretty sure Pinnacle will manage to bind their pages together competently this time.
    I got their Flash Gordon books, which use the same format. Yeah it's pretty sturdy now.

Believe it or not, they are switching to all hardbacks now (for major books going forward), in part, to increase durability of their product.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rhedyn View Post
    I got their Flash Gordon books, which use the same format. Yeah it's pretty sturdy now.

Believe it or not, they are switching to all hardbacks now (for major books going forward), in part, to increase durability of their product.
    I'm not surprised. My explorer's edition book fell apart during the first reading, and I baby my books to the point where it is literally the only one I've had any issue with in any system. I suspect mine was unusually bad (moisture changes in shipping or whatever), but I'm far from the only person who had problems with that printing.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Maybe they should use the stitching used in the AD&D 1st edition first printing of the Player's Handbook. That thing is indestructible.
    Last edited by Particle_Man; 2018-10-18 at 05:56 PM.

Light the lamp not the rat LIGHT THE LAMP NOT THE RAT!!!

10. - Top - End - #460

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Particle_Man View Post
    Maybe they should use the stitching used in the AD&D 1st edition first printing of the Player's Handbook. That thing is indestructible.
    My Flash Gordon hard-backs are well stitched and they are apparently so impressed with the durability that they are dropping soft-back support for the core rulebook.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

Two of the three stretch goals have been met. Right now the comic will include a hex map of the area it takes place in, and a bestiary of the "monsters" encountered by the protagonists.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ns/description

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2309892

http://www.yesthievescan.com/thieves...n-mimicthulhu/

Just over 48 hours to go at this point.

All three stretch goals were met, so anyone who pledges now will get the entire package guaranteed, no waiting to see what level they reach.

Take a look at what the final stretch ended up unlocking -- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ns/description

This will be my last update on this one, I don't want to go into total spam mode.
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thank you for the notification. Backed.

I have an acquaintance who is a fan of Savage Worlds and I sat in on one session. I liked what I saw of the game.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Dear gamers,

The crowdfunding campaign for SOW: Seeds of Wars is now live on Kickstarter! It will be available for 35 days.

kickstarter.seedsofwars.com

Join us now and pick the reward that suits you best. The first 100 backers get a discount on the hardcover version of the corebook!

Also have a look at our list of social media achievements. By helping us SOW the seeds of wars, you can unlock some additional cool features.

Be a Conqueror or a Diplomat. Be a Ruler!
    The SOW Team

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ettin in the Playground

Schlock Mercenary Books 14 and 15... PLUS

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...15/description

"Think of it as a great, big can full of sky... You could drop Mars into that can, and then tuck Luna and Europa in on top."

"I have standing orders to start exactly zero wars."

Five days to go at this point.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground

52 hours to go.

Many stretch goals already met.

BUT, they're about $2300 from a retrospective sketchbook of Howard's work, and about $17250 from an "R&D" goal that would make an actual Howard Taylor novel about some old favorite characters their next project.

Schlock Mercenary Books 14 and 15... PLUS

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...15/description

"Think of it as a great, big can full of sky... You could drop Mars into that can, and then tuck Luna and Europa in on top."

"I have standing orders to start exactly zero wars."

Five days to go at this point.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Pixie in the Playground

When it comes to map-making software and mapping assets for pen-and-paper RPGs, the sci-fi genre usually gets short shrift.

GMs of sci-fi RPGs like Starfinder, Star Wars RPG, Traveller, Shadowrun, Stars without Number, and other game systems need and deserve a good set of tools and assets to create great looking battlemaps, whether printed for use at the gaming table, or for use in virtual tabletop software like Roll20 or Fantasy Grounds.

I'm running a Kickstarter campaign to try to provide a solution. I hope some of you will check it out.

Note that this new content would be in addition to the 10 sci-fi content Add-Ons that already exist for MapForge.

PS: The 1st Update to this campaign has information about an 11th free content Add-On that will be released to backers once the campaign funds.
    MapForge is easy-to-use battlemap creation software for Windows and Mac OS X.