New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Default [Kickstarter] - PF Modern a Modern Pathfinder fusion by Top Shelf RPG

PF Modern by Top Shelf RPG

Launched: Jan 18, 2013
    Funding ends: Feb 20, 2013

PF Modern.

This new system will combine the best parts of Modern and Pathfinder with new classes, skills, feats, and more. Please head over and check it out and join in helping us spread the word. Feel free to email with questions or ideas.

Link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/321500568/pf-modern

Thanks,

Top Shelf RPG
    [email protected]

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: It just keeps getting better and better...

Quote Originally Posted by Grinner View Post
    I thought about that too, but I realized that they're contracting out a lot of the work instead of writing it themselves. Now, whether the hired authors will know the system well enough to do it well remains to be seen.
    Believe it or not, there's no need to guess on this - there's previews up (which look 90% done?) for backers at $10 and up. So I'm pretty confident both on the follow-through and the mechanics.

By the way, the FATE Core kickstarter is in the home stretch now; you don't have much time left, if you're interested! Just a day or so! And they posted the De-Confusinator to help folks figure out how their pledges work, how Evil Hat knows what they want, etc. It's very helpful!!

There's about a 99% chance that Dresden Accelerated is getting funded, which is kind of exciting to people like me who don't have the original DFRPG (and apparently to a lot of people who have it, too!)

-O
    Last edited by obryn; 2013-01-28 at 03:25 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by obryn View Post
    There's about a 99% chance that Dresden Accelerated is getting funded, which is kind of exciting to people like me who don't have the original DFRPG (and apparently to a lot of people who have it, too!)
    I know, right? I was kind of worried, but it's picked up so much in the last twenty-four hours.

Then, we just need to wait a year.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grinner View Post
    I know, right? I was kind of worried, but it's picked up so much in the last twenty-four hours.

Then, we just need to wait a year.
    Yeah, that's going to be some really, really delayed gratification, I believe. But I think everyone who's in is upping their pledges (I'm at $55 - my limit, I'm afraid) and new folks are jumping on. The $10 level is really pretty incredible.

I am most interested in the Toolkit, myself. The magic system preview was just incredible - especially the Stormcallers and the Viziers. Those just make me want to run a FATE Core game right freaking now.

-O

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: General Kickstarter Thread, Mark I

I skimmed through and noticed no one posted the Cortex Plus Hacker's Guide. It'll be essays and guides on tweaking the system for the Smallville RPG, the Leverage RPG, and (most likely) a little bit of the new Marvel Heroic Roleplaying game. If you haven't looked into these games, they're some of the most well-designed ones on the market right now, and infinitely mine-able for good ideas. This project gives you tips, tools, and guidance on how to adjust said systems for even more genres and settings. It's already fully funded, we're just hoping to get into the really juicy Stretch Goals now (Fantasy Heroic Roleplaying and a full rule set for generic Cortex+ Drama)!
    Matters of Critical Insignificance - My Blog for all my favorite entertainment
    11/4: Announcing the Vow of Honor KS! (I contributed)

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by obryn View Post

-O
    Just got the email. Broke through the 400,000 mark, Dresden Accelerated is getting funded/developed

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Just got pointed to this one today: Doppelganger

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...sal-game-piece

Basically it's a mini with a double-sided screen that can hold 30 images. Still some early bird spots left, too. I think it looks promising.

-O

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Anybody else interested in Alas Vegas?
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...d-luck-and-bad

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, i supported that NPC, *high fives*

Anyone interested in supporting this?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...cension-online

The Makers of Ascension have teamed up with Stone Blade Entertainment and they are seeking a total of $125,000 in 10 Days to Make Ascension available on Android and PC.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Awesome blackwind. The reason I was asking is that we have James Wallis, the designer of Alas Vegas (as well as Nobilis, Baron Munchausen, and Once Upon A Time) on the NPC Cast this week. So if anybody was supporting Alas Vegas and had a question they want answered, I might be able to ask it.

The Ascension Online kickstarter is awesome. I'm sure it will reach its goal since that game seems to have a really strong following.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

New project alert: Tome of Trade.

Tome of Trade will be a d20 sourcebook compatible with Dungeons and Dragons e3.5 (PF players, there shouldn't be any stumbling blocks in using it there as well). It will be available in PDF format only.

This book will contain large amounts of content made to allow playing the market. Classes, spells, items, a whole system for handling running a shop.

The project is launching today, and will run until the 23rd of March. More details can be found here.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2013-02-21 at 01:17 PM.

My Homebrew-Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.-FanAdv

12. - Top - End - #72

So, was walking around one of the local conventions (MomoCon, for the curious), and I ran into these guys working on making a d20 OGL game.

Apparently they have a Kickstarter.

They sound really enthusiastic about it, and $10 gets you the PDF ($50 for hardback book). Might be worth looking into if you like Warhammer 40k-ish Scifi tabletop stuff.

9 days left as of today, and they're a bit over 1/3 of the way there.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Default Thunderscape! A Kickstarter of Swords and Steam.

Hey, I'm just here to promote this li'l ol' Kickstarter:

Thunderscape: The World of Aden.

Some of you may remember Thunderscape from the two video games put out in the mid 90s, and the tabletop RPG made for West End Games by Shane Hensley (later of Deadlands fame). Some of you may not.

Anyway! I'm friends with most of the development team (and contributing what I can to the development myself) so I just wanted to get the word out so we can hopefully hit our goal and make a bitching Pathfinder supplement. Please head on over to our Kickstarter page and check it out!

14. - Top - End - #74
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Thunderscape! A Kickstarter of Swords and Steam.

Sounds interesting. Entomorph: Plague of the Darkfall was an awesome game.
    The last crazy minstrel.
    Creature avatar by The Giant.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperychicken View Post
    At GITP, we don't just bite down on bait-hooks, we chew them thoroughly until the insides of our mouths are full of broken teeth, flesh-ribbons, and blood.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Reads like it'll be a great setting, and has stuff that'll be fun to use, both in it's native home, as well as in the homebrew settings my group usually comes up with.

You have my support!
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been wondering this for a while... what's it like starting your own kickstarter project?

You seem to be one of the lucky ones, who is hitting it off very well--three days in, almost to the goal already (congratulations will soon be in order).

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

I may check back in if you hit the conversion guide level. I'm not really interested in a setting for PF. :)

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateWench

The Reward is an excellent youtube video which has been called an epic, feel good, bromantic roadtrip [animated] short film. It contains themes related to fantasy gaming. (It's definitely worth a watch )
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkAYze6ae18

The creators are trying to produce an animated series based around this short and have started a kickstarter to reach this goal.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...s-of-alethrion

This short really captures what its like to play a long-term campaign and bond with your team members (as long as your group doesn't devolve into PVP )

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default New Dwarven Forge kickstarter

Dwarven Forge Kickstarter campaign just went live this morning. Some very cool rewards, and their terrain is always pretty as heck.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ure?ref=search

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...nary-miniature

Dwarven Forge is making dungeon terrain in a new form!

Looks interesting. About a month left to go.
    Last edited by turkishproverb; 2013-03-25 at 10:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

21. - Top - End - #81

The Freeport setting needs Kickstarter help getting printed for Pathfinder. Currently sitting at over 30,000$ in funding, the project has 4 days left to reach its 50,000$ goal. Freeport is one of the classic settings of D&D since 3rd edition, and seeing a quality 512 pages hardcover being printed to transpose it within Pathfinder would be amazing. Plus, if they reach the 60,000$ stretch, they'll hire Wayne Reynolds to illustrate.

Here is an Escapist article with further details.
    Last edited by Raven777; 2013-03-27 at 08:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanos View Post
    The professionally offended will always find something to be angry about.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Dungeon Crawler Minis

* Finished! *

Update: All done! There's now a botanimoth ($25 painted / $20 painted), a giant tentacle ($4 unpainted / $6 painted), a mermaid ($2/$3), and a peryton ($3/$5), each with a couple different paint schemes. (Check the spoiler at the bottom for pictures.) There are also a few new pledge levels which simplify things a bit, with a set of minis for a set cost (like 'skeleton crew' at $30 for 5 prepainted skeletal firbolgs).

DC Minis is having a Kickstarter with some nice looking miniatures. And it has already been funded! Yay! So far there's a kraken and a skeletal firbolg available (prepainted or unpainted), along with some interesting flags, banners, torches, spheres, and number counters. (Check the Kickstarter page for pictures of the different possibilities.)

Here's a direct link:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...asy-miniatures

DC Minis has been around for about a year and a half, and have already produced some cool figures. I own most of their earlier minis, and they've all been well sculpted and painted. So I'm definitely cheering for them to be able to make more. A peryton becomes available if they get about $1k more (as of Sunday evening), and there are a bunch of other nice looking minis lined up after that.

The centerpiece is a beautiful but expensive kraken, at $60 unpainted, or $75 painted. The firbolg skeleton is $6 unpainted, $9 painted, with a 4-for-the-price-of-3 offer if you want multiples. Shipping is free (in the US), but there is a minimum pledge level ($10) if you want to add on individual minis. Their past minis are also available, for roughly the same price they've always been.

And here are some pretty pictures of the minis:

The Kraken: ($60 / $75)

I've spoilered the other pictures so they don't eat up all the space on the page:

Spoiler
    Show

Firbolg skeleton: ($6 / $9)

Peryton: ($3 / $5)

Mermaid: ($2 / $3, and one bonus figure with any order)

Tentacle: ($4 / $6, and one free bonus for each Kraken in an order)

Little extras (torches, banners, flags, and orbs): ($5 for a set of 4)

And the next stretch goal (at $45k), which is a huge carnivorous plant called a Botanimoth

Last edited by Snu; 2013-04-21 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Tentacles!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Dwarven Forge Kickstarter

Hi there!

Long time reader of the comics, first time forum posting here.
    I thought this might interest many readers here who have not yet heard. There is a kickstarter for awesome AND cheap dungeon decors at: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ature?ref=live

Have a look! 1 week after launch, it looks as if it's going to be as successful as the Reaper Bones KS.

Cheers,

Bio

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Dwarven Forge Kickstarter

Quote Originally Posted by biowizard View Post
    Hi there!

Long time reader of the comics, first time forum posting here.
    I thought this might interest many readers here who have not yet heard. There is a kickstarter for awesome AND cheap dungeon decors at: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ature?ref=live

Have a look! 1 week after launch, it looks as if it's going to be as successful as the Reaper Bones KS.

Cheers,

Bio
    I am SUPER excited about the Dwarven Forge KS, I am surprised it isn't receiving more buzz on the GitP forums.

They are currently at $643,550, getting deliciously close to unlocking some free pillars (which is awesome- I was hoping there would at least be a few dungeon decor-type items in the mix) and a curved wall add-on pack.

They also posted a video showing how resilient the material is- what excites me most is how well the tiles seem to be hanging onto their paint-jobs during all this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndlex...ature=youtu.be

Can't wait to see how far this KS goes, and I can't wait to see my players reaction when I ask them to place their minis on a scaled 3D dungeon. :)

25. - Top - End - #85

I don't understand the excitement. It's all squares and straight lines - less versatile than the average set of Dungeon Tiles and doesn't look anywhere near as good as a set or two of terraclips.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gecks View Post
    I am SUPER excited about the Dwarven Forge KS, I am surprised it isn't receiving more buzz on the GitP forums.

They are currently at $643,550, getting deliciously close to unlocking some free pillars (which is awesome- I was hoping there would at least be a few dungeon decor-type items in the mix) and a curved wall add-on pack.

They also posted a video showing how resilient the material is- what excites me most is how well the tiles seem to be hanging onto their paint-jobs during all this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndlex...ature=youtu.be

Can't wait to see how far this KS goes, and I can't wait to see my players reaction when I ask them to place their minis on a scaled 3D dungeon. :)
    Agreed. My Dm and I are in for 10 sets and I am looking forward to other potential add-ons. This thing is really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by neonchameleon View Post
    I don't understand the excitement. It's all squares and straight lines - less versatile than the average set of Dungeon Tiles and doesn't look anywhere near as good as a set or two of terraclips.
    Terraclips? Cool stuff but it is made from punch board and will eventually wear out. At $50 for a set I want something to last. My 1 year old daughter can beat the heck out of these Dwarven Forge tiles and they will laugh and ask for more. My grandkids will be able to play with them. Sure TerraClips has cool terrains and is a decent deal but how well does it stand up to abuse? How well does it travel? How easy is it to assemble when you do travel? It's kind of apples to oranges.

The basic dungeon from ages ago was just straight lines on grid paper, for a guy like me that has been playing that way for over 20 years these have upped the anti a bit, plus by adding stretch goals of pillars, diagonal walls, diagonal floor pieces, curved walls, curved floors, demon doors, narrow doors it really takes it up a notch. They are planning to add dungeon accessories to flesh out your terrain as well and more. It all is compatible with the older dwarven forge stuff, hirst molds, and any foam terrain you can dream up on the 25mm-28mm scale model except it is super durable and a lot cheaper than previous dwarven forge items. The huge amount of extras coming with this so far makes it a pretty awesome deal. Granted at the moment it's not Reaper Bone KS huge and with the differences in costs for shipping miniature plastic figures vs miniature dungeons it probably can't be but it is pretty fricking sweet.

If you are like me and have never done 3d tabletop miniature gaming before because you lack the time, money, talent or like in my case all 3 I personally can't see what is not to be excited about.
    Last edited by prophetic_joe; 2013-04-15 at 03:19 AM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: New Dwarven Forge kickstarter

Some very nice terrain, and there are massive numbers of free addons already included, the equivalent of more than two additional sets with five purchased.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Dwarven Forge Kickstarter

Quote Originally Posted by neonchameleon View Post
    Hey- I know it's a late reply, but I just wanted to thank you for giving me a reason to google "terraclips"- I somehow I missed that these existed entirely. Next time I have finances, I'm going to pick up a set or two, they look like a great idea.

Along with what everyone else said, the Dwarven Forge tiles just have a solid, "3-d" look that I think will have a visual appeal and immersion factor beyond pure prettiness, though there is no denying they will have their limitations.

Just 5K short of a few free wall pieces with windows now. It may be a little silly, but I think having a couple of those will help the utility of the sets a great deal.

It's looking more and more like they are going to hit the $1,000,000 mark (at least) before the KS ends. I am stoked about the $1 mil free reward (treasure piles), but I am almost afraid that "dungeon dressing" add-on pack is going to tempt me to start forking out for add-on packs. The cost of the packs themselves are pretty reasonable, but if you are outside of the US, the additional shipping is pretty harsh.
    Last edited by Gecks; 2013-04-20 at 07:18 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Eclipse Phase's next sourcebook, Transhuman, is on Kickstarter.

Also, there's an open playtest going on over at the Eclipse Phase forums. The swarmanoid's secrets have been revealed!

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Just a reminder, 22 hours to go in the Dwarven Forge Kickstarter. There's been a lot of stretch goals and pretty cool add-on packs, so if you're at all interested check it out. (Some people complain that the stretch goals have gotten smaller, but they're limited by the box size because they figured their initial margins based on certain shipping containers... but looking at the overall value it's a pretty sweet deal).