New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: General Kickstarter Thread, Mark I

This is a kickstarter that two of my friends are working on, and one I would be very excited to see succeed. It's called the Scarlet Oak Tavern.

Basically, this is a tavern by gamers, for gamers. It's going to have a gaming library patrons can draw from, and provide a game friendly environment--along with food and alcohol. I've known these two for a while, and they've put a lot of thought and research into this. If any of you are in the Raleigh area, or just want to see projects like this succeed, they could really use your support.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Ever wanted to embrace the tension that arises when playing a character committed to honor in a morally gray world? In Vow of Honor, you and your companions are tasked with saving a world that is spiraling into chaos:

The world of Sasara, your home, is broken and depraved. Despots rule over isolated city-states, indifferent to the suffering and squalor of the people. In the shadows of the enigmatic Ruins - the last vestiges of a prosperous era long forgotten - the vile terrorize the innocent few without fear of retribution. Until now.

You are an Arbiter, protector of all that is good in Sasara. Only as you embody the Tenets of Honor will you be empowered to protect the weak, avenge the victims of the wicked, and unlock the knowledge of the ancient Forebears to usher in a new age of peace. Will you take the Vow of Honor? Will you do what is necessary to save your home?

-
    From KS page

In addition to that dramatic premise, the PDF will be stunningly handsome:

This is a promising game from a promising designer (not me, I just helped do some editing). Check out the unique setting and fast, fluid system for yourself here. Of course, the choice is ultimately yours.

Edit: Also, the designer has been responding to questions on reddit here.
    Last edited by Stubbazubba; 2014-11-04 at 07:49 PM.
    Matters of Critical Insignificance - My Blog for all my favorite entertainment
    11/4: Announcing the Vow of Honor KS! (I contributed)

3. - Top - End - #243
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-and-savage-wo

Less than 3 days left on the API 2nd edition Kickstarter! $81 shy of the goal! Get in on one that's sure to fund, especially if YOU contribute!
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Pixie in the Playground

DungeonMorphs Are Back! These mini-maps on 1" dice or cards join using corridors that match up on each side. Simply grab a few dice (or some cards) and roll them (or deal them) then line them up next to each other and you have an instant RPG map.

They were originally Kickstarted over 3 years ago with 2 dice sets of dungeon ("Adventurer" and "Explorer") and 1 dice set of cavern ("Spellunker") map designs. One deck of cards included the designs of all 3 sets.The new Kickstarter features city & village designs.

Initially one set of dice with both city & village maps is planned. but stretch goals allow for extra sets and other free add-ons.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Hi all! I'm kickstarting Legacy: Life Among the Ruins, a game about the families that have survived a reality-twisting apocalypse, the characters that rise up as heroes from those families, and the struggles they face rebuilding the world in subsequent generations. Legacy combines the post-apocalyptic weirdness of Fallout, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and A Canticle for Leibowitz with the epoch-spanning gameplay of Civilisation or Alpha Centauri, giving each player control over a Family of survivors and the Character that the Family sends out into the wasteland to fix their problems. The system's based on Vincent Baker's Apocalypse World, with some pretty hefty modifications; if you're not sure if it's your cup of tea all backers get immediate access to the full rules text, which you can download with no strings attached. If you're interested, give it a look!

Last edited by Wurzel; 2014-11-07 at 10:40 AM.

6. - Top - End - #246

Citizen! Please be aware that the Alpha Complex Refurbishment Initiative is in progress! Participation in this initiative is mandatory.

A new edition of the Paranoia RPG -home of Your Friend, The Computer- is being kickstarterered. Funding this product is not compulsory. Failure to fund this product will lead to termination, however.

Paranoia is better. Other games are not better. Fund Paranoia.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Spellcards for Pathfinder RPG!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e-playing-game

The result of a personal project, I've created custom playing cards for all of the Core Rulebook spells (All 623 of em!) the nine metamagic feats, and a couple cards for tracking things like unprepared spell slots. These cards give you a physical system for tracking prepared spells, referencing spells for spontaneous casters, or a quick way to collect spells during GM prepwork. Get those laptops out from in front of your Casters so you can see their faces again!

You can read more about it on the kickstarter page, or my google sites site describing the cards:
    https://sites.google.com/site/ikolianspellcards/home

Last edited by Eanow; 2014-11-17 at 07:38 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Kickstart our Campaign/ Join us

Hey guys, me and a group of friends are starting a kickstarter for a D&D campaign/Pathfinder/3.5e.

We are going to be streaming as well as letting people play over Skype and try get some interviews going etc, take a look please.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...erds-adventure

Hopefully this campaign will go for a year or so.
    we started this kickstarter to get us started and help us maintain its quality and fun =D

Regards,

Vaskez777

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Kickstart our Campaign/ Join us

Why don't you guys just use Roll20? That would certainly be less expensive.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Kickstart our Campaign/ Join us

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Angel View Post
    Why don't you guys just use Roll20? That would certainly be less expensive.
    because that's not real, we want to play actual D&D, I miss real things. and adventure and throwing things at people

11. - Top - End - #251
    Pixie in the Playground

I wanted to share a Kickstarter project I launched this morning called “Epic Metal Coins for Tabletop Gaming.” The project is a set of 60 real metal coins to upgrade cardboard tokens for board games, role playing games or larping. You can find more info at the project page on Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...abletop-gaming

Here is a photo of the actual production quality coins:

Thank you!

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

A new RPG setting based upon Matt Forbeck's Shotguns & Sorcery books using the Cypher system (used in Numenera):

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

13. - Top - End - #253
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Sorcerers of Ur-Turuk is a Persian Sword and Sorcery game based on the OpenD6 License.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    Sorcerers of Ur-Turuk is a Persian Sword and Sorcery game based on the OpenD6 License.
    To expand Mark's post further (I hope that's OK). Sorcerers of Ur-Turuk and is being designed and published by Arion Games, who also designs/publishes Advanced Fighting Fantasy and Maelstrom.

It is fantasy RPG set in a Persian Empire inspired 'Sword & Sorcery' setting. The PCs are powerful sorcerers combing the desert for magical secrets from the buried remains of an ancient Sumerian-like civilisation.

It is a troupe style RPG (like Ars Magica) in that each player creates 1 Sorcerer, as well as 1 major PC and 3 minor PCs. That way the player can play a different PC that is appropriate to the scene or task at hand.

It uses Open D6, and seems to favour the simplicity of Star Wars 1e over its later iterations. It has a flexible magic system in which you combine 1 of 3 "verbs" (Summon, Shape, Destroy) with 1 of 10 "nouns" (Life, Magic, Fire etc).

The final rulebook looks to be around 140 pages (the same as Star Wars 1e or one of the 3 D6 corebooks), in full colour, and with beautiful watercolour art. It will be followed by a setting book early next year, presumably of similar size.
    Last edited by SkywalkerNZ; 2014-11-26 at 02:10 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Question tiles search: need help with Kickstarter

Many a time I've tried to find a tile map for the scene, only to spend hours browsing irrelevant tiles in a clunky interface and come away empty-handed.

So I want to create a tiles search service, like Google Pictures only better. It'll search over rpgmapshare.com and other tiles, only with a user-friendly interface.

Would be cool to fund it at Kickstarter, but I live in Russia so I can't create the thing (the Kickstarter campaign, that is) myself. Anyone here wants to help?
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2014-11-26 at 03:24 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

I would like to bring to attention Starship Adventure. It looks like a very interesting game that fills a niche that I haven't seen another game fill.
    "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality" - Pyrrha Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

17. - Top - End - #257

Default New Pathfinder Kickstarter up!

Hey guys just wanted to let the community know there is a new pathfinder kickstarter up and everyone should check it out!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...38/geves-games

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A Chaotic Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (2nd/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

18. - Top - End - #258

Default Re: New Pathfinder Kickstarter up!

You, uh. Not to be mean, but you really need to work on the presentation of your work. Put your stuff through a spellcheck, for starters. And if you're going to link to an example of previous work, you should put in a little extra effort to clean up the table. Also...if you're trying to be even vaguely official with this, call it Pathfinder, not 3.75. You're not even saying Dungeons and Dragons 3.75, just 3.75, which isn't exactly a well-known name. You may also want to remove all the 'extra book' rewards, because...why would I want five copies of the same book? Seriously?

As it is, the presentation denotes that it's going to be a shoddy product full of grammatical errors, unbalanced items, and cheesy classes. A lot like the Advanced Class Guide was.

19. - Top - End - #259

I have hired an editor, because as my posts show I terrible with grammar. I will take your opinions into consideration, and make the rewards more varied, I put multiple copies of the book as higher rewards based on how I would like a reward, because if I have 5 copies of a book, I would give a copy to each of my gaming group, kickstarter will be updated within a few minutes though thank you,

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A Chaotic Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (2nd/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

20. - Top - End - #260
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello!

Below is a link to our project, a new Sci-Fi setting and ruleset built from the ground up to integrate multimedia with traditional tabletop RPGs.

The project speaks for itself better than I can. Any questions will happily be fielded on the Kickstarter Website.

Starforged Odyssey: Aces Wild

The video is short and should only take a few minutes of your time. There are additional videos if you're interested from there.

Thanks for checking us out!

21. - Top - End - #261
    Pixie in the Playground

The new Kickstarter for Shadows of Esteren enters its last days: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-rpg-occultism

The KS reached $100K this morning and unlocked the 10th stretch goal: backers will receive a gastronomic Esteren menu imagined by the team of GastronoGeek and the French Chef Maxime Leonard. A previous goal unblocked a set of beautiful art prints from Yoann Lossel.

Pictuce of a recipe made by Gastronogeek:

One a the art print from the unlocked set:

Enjoy :)

22. - Top - End - #262

Hi everybody,

Conan is a board game, but I thought I should put it up here because of the roleplaying and flavour involved, as well as minis you might like. The project is over 700% funded on day 5.

The image below is of the basic pledge. I think with stretch goals you have + 50 minis or so, maybe more.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm super excited about this one.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...386/strike-rpg

It's a very light, highly-tactical RPG with very simple rules and a lot of tactical complexity. The rules are already up for download, too, which is one of my requirements for kickstarting a game anymore.

Also, it's in Canadian monopoly money, so it's even less expensive than the reasonable pledge levels would indicate!

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Sol Trader - A "fusion of Elite, Asteroids, and Dwarf Fortress" - in spaaaaaaaaaace!

The Kickstarter ends in 4 days and needs about 12,000 British pounds to fund.
    Quote Originally Posted by GPuzzle View Post
    And I do agree that the right answer to the magic/mundane problem is to make everyone badass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    If you're of a philosophical bent, the powergamer is a great example of Heidegger's modern technological man, who treats a game's mechanics as a standing reserve of undifferentiated resources that are to be used for his goals.
    My Complete Tome of Battle Maneuver/Stance/Class Overhaul

Arseplomancy = Fanatic Tarrasque!

25. - Top - End - #265
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Goodman Games has launched a Kickstarter called "The Monster Alphabet, with GM Gems."

This Kickstarter funds the creation of two hardcover systems-neutral sourcebooks: The Monster Alphabet and GM Gems. They are intended for use with any fantasy tabletop role playing game, under any rules system or edition.

The Monster Alphabet is a lavishly illustrated 64-page hardcover sourcebook. Each page or spread is an “inspirational letter” which has a random table associated with a monster attribute. For example: A is for Android, B is for Breath Weapon, C is for Crossbreed, and so on.

GM Gems is an 80-page systems-neutral hardcover of game master inspiration organized around general adventuring topics. It is filled with a wealth of information and ideas to empower every aspect of your game. The first printing sold out several years ago. This Kickstarter funds a second printing, in hardcover format, with new art to supplement the original work, including new cover art by TSR alum Laura Lakey, new interior work by fan favorite Stefan Poag, and new endsheets by Peter Mullen.

Both GM Gems and Monster Alphabet are complete and ready to go to the printer. This Kickstarter funds their print run and the possible addition of incremental features through achievement of stretch goals.

There's a few previews available on the Kickstarter page for both books. I pledged for the gold foil Monster Alphabet and added the Dungeon Alphabet.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

After the success of my first kickstarter for Pathfinder Spellcards featuring the spells from the Core Rulebook, I've finished my effort to include 5 other books (Ultimate Magic, Ultimate Combat, Advanced Player's Guide, Advanced Race Guide, and Advanced Class Guide) and I'm launching a second kickstarter for these additional cards and the original CRB cards.

Check it out here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...playing-game-2

27. - Top - End - #267
    Pixie in the Playground

Default ALL NEW Full Gaming Dice Sets on Kickstarter

Howdy folks,

Just wanna let you know about some beautiful new dice we've created, in full dice sets, now on Kickstarter.
    Perfect for any RPG setting, every dice set comes with...

But those dice are BLANK because YOU get to VOTE for what colors we use. Here's some samples.

And the dice options currently up for vote (renders shown):

Thanks so much for taking a look! We hope you decide to back us for Halfsies Dice!

John Wrot!
    Gate Keeper Games.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: ALL NEW Full Gaming Dice Sets on Kickstarter

And we just funded! Thanks! Come get some stretch goals!

29. - Top - End - #269

After months of planning, its finally here!

The Pact Magic Unbound: Grimoire of Lost Souls Kickstarter is finally here!

What We're About
    Pact Magic Unbound: Grimoire of Lost Souls is a compilation of Pact Magic Unbound, Vol 1 and Vol 2, with 100+ pages of new material, plus entirely new high-end artwork.

Dario and I have gotten many requests for a product like this ever since we released Pact Magic Unbound, Vol 2. We want to deliver on the idea of the Ultimate Pact Magic Product in the biggest way possible.

What We Need
    Dario and I are asking for $2,500. In truth, the product is already written and has been going through rigorous playtesting over the past two months. We need your help in order to commission new artwork for the book, however, so we're not stuck recycling the artwork from our existing products, most of which is from Dario's original Secrets of Pact Magic and is thereby ten years old.

What We're Offering
    Dario and I are offering a variety of pledge tiers that will allow our backers to get exactly what they want out of this Kickstarter. We also have a number of exciting add-ons that will allow our backers to gain fantastic rewards. We have a number of Stretch Goals planned beyond what is listed, but we're also listening for backer feedback in regards to what our consumer base wants to see added to the Kickstarter. Want me to make Spirit Cards? Ask for them! Want Dario to record an audio drama where he gets people to read legends in accents? We can do that too!

The incentive that I'm most excited for is our Create-A-Character add-on. Essentially, if you pledge enough funds for us to commission a piece of artwork, we'll let you decide what characters are portrayed in that artwork. Your character(s) can be forever immortalize in the forbidden pages of the Grimoire of Lost Souls, either flaunting occult power or becoming horribly maimed by it. For instance, my kitsune cavalier, Kyr'shin, will be making an appearance in the Grimoire of Lost Souls as the unfortunate victim of an alter age spell.

Thanks for your interest! Please keep up with this thread, as I'll be making announcements on it as the Kickstarter moves along.

PS. I actually got my RPG Design start on Giantitp.com. Homecoming! ;-)

30. - Top - End - #270
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Thumbs up Create your own Dungeon Tiles on Wet/Dry Erase Material

Here is the link for the Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../dungeon-tiles

Here are the details:

To offer an affordable way for gamers to create their own dungeons. Allowing them to upload their own designs and have them printed on quality material for an affordable price. Also allowing gamer to pick from pre-created dungeons on the site as well.

Imagine that you spend all this time creating an epic dungeon only to print it on paper or cardstock. If funding is successful you will be able to upload and have it printed on wet and dry erasable high quality washable vinyl. You can get it as one big map or individual tiles for you to rearrange, the choice is yours!

In order to accomplish this we have put together this dungeon set as rewards for your pledges. These Dungeon Tiles are map tiles for your roleplaying games and other miniatures games. The tiles can be assembled in various shapes and sizes of dungeons in moments. The tiles are marked in increments of 1" and are 6"x6" in size
    Last edited by imyouradmin; 2015-02-26 at 06:02 PM.