New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail II: Second Generation Thread Slayers

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, for a moment it really got close to an epic scene, but it the way he got saved ruined the mood.

Also, it did not improve things that Natsu apperently is going to stomp the head of the kingdoms magical forces.

Though it does look more and more like the next arc is going to take place in the past.
    So let me get this straight: "Lucy never has access to her keys, it's so dumb!" Promptly followed by "Lucy has access to her keys, it's so dumb!"

Seriously, this isn't Bleach. There's plenty to enjoy about Fairy Tail. (the guildmaster's premonition was priceless. )
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    New Chapter
    Spoiler
    Show
    OH COME ON!!

Just let the pointless mook die a heroic death! Seriously!

Everything else was fine but typical.
    Yeah, pretty much... it would have been a pretty good dramatic scene but apparently... people are not allowed to die on-screen in FT either. (Okay, I'm sure I'm forgetting something here)

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    I do wish there would be more tension, but honestly the way he was saved didn't bother me since it fit with what we knew of Lucy's abilities. A lot better than it could have been.
    Sorry but NO, it DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. He was clearly engulfed in Lava he should be effing dead. Apart from how it could have been a better scene somehow it doesn't make sense unless FT lava is not what we think of as lava. This really bugs me.

Recently I started reading One Piece, I finally got sort of into it after avoiding it for so long and I'm on chapter 206, Luffy is fighting Crocodile. I bring this up because the one thing One Piece seems to do quite well is create tension. It always seems like the straw hats are about to lose, and it is always believable when they win. Fairy Tail completely fails at creating tension of any sort, although it wasn't always like that.
    I disagree. I think Hiro is able to create tension, like, this chapter was pretty tense because I really thought the guy was dead. But Hiro just doesn't want tension in FT it seems to me. He deliberately ruins every tension he creates or could create because he doesn't want FT to be serious but just fun and action. Of course it's up to personal preference but I feel Hiro would be able to make FT much more dramatic, he just doesn't want to.

Well, we'll see how easily FT disposes of the kingdom elite in the next month or so I guess.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

Recently I started reading One Piece, I finally got sort of into it after avoiding it for so long and I'm on chapter 206, Luffy is fighting Crocodile. I bring this up because the one thing One Piece seems to do quite well is create tension. It always seems like the straw hats are about to lose, and it is always believable when they win. Fairy Tail completely fails at creating tension of any sort, although it wasn't always like that.
    Yeah, thats one of the main reasons for why i think OP is currently the best serie of its kind out there
    And i do belive that one of the reasons for why that tension is alive, is that once in a while the strawhats does not in fact win, but instead gets stomped, like how we saw early in Zorro's fight against Mihawk, or Luffy's first meeting with Smoker.

So let me get this straight: "Lucy never has access to her keys, it's so dumb!" Promptly followed by "Lucy has access to her keys, it's so dumb!"
    No, you didnt get it straight...

Whats stupid is how Lucy constantly manage to LOSE her keys, and whats bad with the current chapter is how a perfectly good heroic sacrifice was ruined

Seriously, this isn't Bleach. There's plenty to enjoy about Fairy Tail. (the guildmaster's premonition was priceless. )
    Actualy it has gotten to a point where im more interested in the bleach storyline

I disagree. I think Hiro is able to create tension, like, this chapter was pretty tense because I really thought the guy was dead. But Hiro just doesn't want tension in FT it seems to me. He deliberately ruins every tension he creates or could create because he doesn't want FT to be serious but just fun and action. Of course it's up to personal preference but I feel Hiro would be able to make FT much more dramatic, he just doesn't want to.
    Yeah, i do think that was enough tension in previous chapters, thats why im so annoyed, because of the sudden shift in direction.

Well, we'll see how easily FT disposes of the kingdom elite in the next month or so I guess.
    This makes me want to cry because its going to be so, and because this isnt even the FT elite thats going to do it
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

4. - Top - End - #334
    Colossus in the Playground

I find it funny that we have all these heroic moments for squarenose, how he's trying to save our heroes and how he's sacraficinf himself to save them, when he's probably the villian.

Like, I'm calling this right now. He's actually the villian.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Troll in the Playground

If it was real lava, they would all have been dead including the caster. Since they were clearly never treating it as real lava, I have no problem with the chapter. Loki being able to easily retrieve the keys gives me hope for Lucy's future as a competent fighter, and yeah, square nose guy is morally ambiguous enough he needs to stick around.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #336

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    If it was real lava, they would all have been dead including the caster. Since they were clearly never treating it as real lava, I have no problem with the chapter. Loki being able to easily retrieve the keys gives me hope for Lucy's future as a competent fighter, and yeah, square nose guy is morally ambiguous enough he needs to stick around.
    Well, it's magic, so I kind of understand it not being instantly lethal.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

Like, I'm calling this right now. He's actually the villian.
    Ok, im calling out against that, he is not an actual villian.

If it was real lava, they would all have been dead including the caster. Since they were clearly never treating it as real lava, I have no problem with the chapter.
    From what i can gather with minimal efford (wikipedia go!), lava can remain liquid at temperature as low as 700 degree celcius, thats not enough to instantaniusly kill the entire room.

Loki being able to easily retrieve the keys gives me hope for Lucy's future as a competent fighter, and yeah, square nose guy is morally ambiguous enough he needs to stick around.
    Loki stepping in once again gives you hope on Lucy's competence

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

Ok, im calling out against that, he is not an actual villian.

Loki stepping in once again gives you hope on Lucy's competence
    I agree I don't believe he is the actual villian. I do expect the Eclipse plan to be activated though, wether it goes as smoothly as thought is something to be seen.

And I would agree, a summoner's summons being competent and being able to overcome the summoner's main weakness makes the summoner more competent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    I agree I don't believe he is the actual villian. I do expect the Eclipse plan to be activated though, wether it goes as smoothly as thought is something to be seen.

And I would agree, a summoner's summons being competent and being able to overcome the summoner's main weakness makes the summoner more competent.
    Well I did call Loki's interference though i didn't expect that!

I agree about the bad ass act being spoiled but will someone tell me how that walking clock could pull that off?!

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

How on earth does that logic work ?

Loki isnt even acting as a summon atm, he is in his guardian angel role atm, having steppet in though his own magic.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Troll in the Playground

YES!!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Finally, we see that celestial magic isn't useless. and natsu, hwo I love you, let me count the ways: 1 fire uppercut, 2 ironfist fire punch thingie, 3witty comments on how bad the enemy is (and so on).

OK, silliness aside, I liked this chapter. A lot. the fight between Lucy (and friends) and the fisherman was most interesting anyway, so... yeah, glad to see that that got screentime. One thing (lampshaded btw) Why in the name of Acnologia lose Pisces power when immersed in water? Why? why! what stupid reasoning is this?

good to see aquarius actually doing something for Lucy for a change... also panterlily is awesome. he's a good cat for Gajeel.

Wendy shows us that despite her role as support she really is a DS What was it they say on TvTropes? Beware the nice ones?, damn straight it is.

Oh, and before I forget, Mirajane is awesome and I'd like to see her pounded on her beserkbutton so she wipes the floor with a big bad sometime... I'd totally love to see that (or even better Lisanna, Elfman and Mirajane all three wipe the floor with someone, make it a family affair )

the only thing this comic was missing was Elfman manliness
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

12. - Top - End - #342

Spoiler
    Show
    I...ok, I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think Pisces is a Wind element zodiac sign, not water as you'd expect, so maaaybe water just reverts them into their weak fish forms, instead of their super awesome forms? I don't know, it's still ridiculous.

I do love how Wendy is basically "I'm a white mage, you can't hurt me with status effects. But at the same time I'm also REALLY AWESOME BOOOOM!"

I love Wendy.

I do like how everyone seems to be "fighting" the person who they're best able to beat. Between them the summoners completely shut down his terrain effects, Panterlilly's hide is as strong as steel (and as pokemon tells us, steel is immune to poison like acid), Wendy is fighting someone who actually can't even hurt her, period (and grass is weak to flying types), Marijene is fighting someone who COULD be a challange, if not for the fact that she's fighting Marijene, and Natsu is fighting a loser and Natsu always fights losers because Natsu always wins.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I...ok, I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think Pisces is a Wind element zodiac sign, not water as you'd expect, so maaaybe water just reverts them into their weak fish forms, instead of their super awesome forms? I don't know, it's still ridiculous.
    Nope. Pisces is a Water-sign in the Zodiac. Interestingly enough, Aquarius is an Air-sign. Aires, Leo, and Saggitarius are fire. Virgo, Capricorn, and Taurus are earth. Gemini, Aquarius, and Libra are air. Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces are water.

As for the chapter itself...

Spoiler
    Show
    That was disappointing. Tai VS the summoners was the only battle I actually liked, and even that was cut short.

I don't think the guy Natsu fought even had any magic.

Fairy Tail should really work on its pacing. It's like the series sets up these great fights, then realizes it's going over budget and rushes through the climaxes.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

So another set up fight of epic proportions that is cut short as fast as possible as a curb-stomp for Fairy Tail

Yeah that's pretty much this manga.

I've pretty much lost all interest in the fight scenes now.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I do like how everyone seems to be "fighting" the person who they're best able to beat. Between them the summoners completely shut down his terrain effects, Panterlilly's hide is as strong as steel (and as pokemon tells us, steel is immune to poison like acid), Wendy is fighting someone who actually can't even hurt her, period (and grass is weak to flying types), Marijene is fighting someone who COULD be a challange, if not for the fact that she's fighting Marijene, and Natsu is fighting a loser and Natsu always fights losers because Natsu always wins.
    This is not Pokemon

But yeah, good chapter. I can see khaine ranting already but before he arrives...
    The first fight was actually won by luck and strategy. Pisces is a pretty interesting summon, I guess... Mother and Son who turn into fishes... But having a gravity controller to counter the attack was handy. And pulling out Aquarius worked well enough to counter the counter... I still find it weird how Aquarius always is Lucy's trump card.

I didn't like Lily's fight... So he is immune to acid because... he got hit by Gajeel's steel fist? Nope, won't work for me.

Wendy was good, just as Zodiac said. Don't try to poison the white mage.

And Mirahane... it just keeps bugging me that we will probably never learn how powerful she actually is.

Natsu's fight though was entirely dissappointing. We didn't see anything his opponent could do.

Overall... yeah, it is kind of weird how anti-climatic FT handles their "epic battöes" but I guess one should be used to it by now.
    "What's done is done."

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

So another set up fight of epic proportions that is cut short as fast as possible as a curb-stomp for Fairy Tail

Yeah that's pretty much this manga.

I've pretty much lost all interest in the fight scenes now.
    Yeah that sums it up pretty well.

Finally, we see that celestial magic isn't useless.
    In a 4 vs 1 fight...

But yeah, good chapter. I can see khaine ranting already but before he arrives...
    Been here a while, just doesnt care enough to rant about it anymore

The first fight was actually won by luck and strategy. Pisces is a pretty interesting summon, I guess... Mother and Son who turn into fishes... But having a gravity controller to counter the attack was handy. And pulling out Aquarius worked well enough to counter the counter... I still find it weird how Aquarius always is Lucy's trump card.
    The way i saw it, Tai allmost managet to beat 4 FT members on his own

And Mirahane... it just keeps bugging me that we will probably never learn how powerful she actually is.
    Considering that she was Erza's rival when younger, then i would say proberly very close to her in power.

Overall... yeah, it is kind of weird how anti-climatic FT handles their "epic battöes" but I guess one should be used to it by now.
    And it hurt so much comming after the truely epic Grimore Heart arc.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The way i saw it, Tai allmost managet to beat 4 FT members on his own
    While at this point I hold no delusions about convincing on the benefits of celestial spirit magic, especially when Lucy does admittedly get the short end of the narrative stick a lot in this manga, I must question your math.

4 FT members?

I count 2 summoners, only one of which is FT. Loki shouldn't really count as separate since, being Leo, he's effectively part of Lucy's arsenal. The imperial guy certainly doesn't count unless you think nearly dying and remaining comatose constitutes another person (even then he's not FT).

You aren't counting the cats, are you? Because they're moral support at best, and they don't count for giving Tai the credit of "fighting 4 on 1."

There were so many ways this fight could've been better if it was drawn out a little bit. What could've been some real strategy between two Pokemon trainers celestial spirit summoners ended up really being lucky breaks. (Seriously, Tai's reaction to fighting fish-people is a water spell? And it works?)

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

4 FT members?
    My bad, what i should have said was 3 FT members and 1 former ST member, but i got the memberships confused regarding the new summoner.

I count 2 summoners, only one of which is FT. Loki shouldn't really count as separate since, being Leo, he's effectively part of Lucy's arsenal. The imperial guy certainly doesn't count unless you think nearly dying and remaining comatose constitutes another person (even then he's not FT).
    Loki has 2 seperate hats, since he was a FT mage before he became Lucy's summon, and he does sometimes act independently, like when he became Grey's partner in the S-class exam.
    I only count him as a part of Lucy's power when he is summoned by him, else i count him as a FT mage. Still i didnt count him in on the 1 vs 4 at all, since he didnt really do anything there.

You aren't counting the cats, are you? Because they're moral support at best, and they don't count for giving Tai the credit of "fighting 4 on 1."
    I certainly count the cats for a lot more than moral support, their magic is reliable and a force multiplier for slow eartbound humans like Natsu

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

My bad, what i should have said was 3 FT members and 1 former ST member, but i got the memberships confused regarding the new summoner.

Loki has 2 seperate hats, since he was a FT mage before he became Lucy's summon, and he does sometimes act independently, like when he became Grey's partner in the S-class exam.
    I only count him as a part of Lucy's power when he is summoned by him, else i count him as a FT mage. Still i didnt count him in on the 1 vs 4 at all, since he didnt really do anything there.

I certainly count the cats for a lot more than moral support, their magic is reliable and a force multiplier for slow eartbound humans like Natsu
    I can't recall the last time Lucy actually summoned Loki. He definitely counts as a part of her power though. If it weren't for her he wouldn't be alive.

And while the cats help out in some fights, they didn't really do anything in this one.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    I can't recall the last time Lucy actually summoned Loki. He definitely counts as a part of her power though. If it weren't for her he wouldn't be alive.
    The last time she manually summoned Loki was against Angel during the Oracion Seis arc. In fact I think thats the only time she's manually summoned him.

21. - Top - End - #351

Still annoyed at how Natsu's fight went. Hey, here's a guy who's kinda cool looking. We don't see what his magic does, because Natsu won all over his face.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

Considering that she was Erza's rival when younger, then i would say proberly very close to her in power.
    The word rival really isn't a good indicator... and then Erza's power itself is hard to determine at times.

So we got a new episode that handled Lucy vs Flare well enough except we still don't know why she didn't just obliterate her using Cancer the whole time or why Asuka's parents and the whole guild is so neglectful. (and we didn't get any more fanservice than in the manga... and Flare is still preeeeeetty crazy)

And we got a new OVA! With everything you'd want out of an FT OVA. Fanservice, fanservice, fanservice!
    Spoiler
    Show

But who the **** gives a girl like Wendy alcohol? First Master is bad master... Anyway, overall it was quite funny and entertaining.
    Quite a bit of LuNa shipping there, which I really don't mind even though I slightly favor the rival ship.
    But wasn't that "Natsu and Happy's house" thing done already? Or was it only in the manga yet? It felt like I saw it already.

And, you know, I like Gajeel and Levi but... I just can't over the fact that their relationship started by Gajeel nearly killing her! What the hell, Hiro?
    "What's done is done."

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, according to this logic, allmost all of Fairy Tail is part of Natsus power then, considering how many of them he has saved..

Sorry, but thats just silly, Loki is a independet entity, and he was a member of Fairy Tail long before he gave Lucy his key.

And while the cats help out in some fights, they didn't really do anything in this one.
    They would have trivialised his ability to turn the ground lethal, so he had to divert attention towards keeping them down, their mere presence was a contribution in that they would lock out options for Tai as long as they were free to act.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

Ok, according to this logic, allmost all of Fairy Tail is part of Natsus power then, considering how many of them he has saved..

Sorry, but thats just silly, Loki is a independet entity, and he was a member of Fairy Tail long before he gave Lucy his key.

They would have trivialised his ability to turn the ground lethal, so he had to divert attention towards keeping them down, their mere presence was a contribution in that they would lock out options for Tai as long as they were free to act.
    Because her saving him reconnected him with the celestial spirit world and she now holds the key.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

Because her saving him reconnected him with the celestial spirit world and she now holds the key.
    Yes, and out of the hundred different ways members of FT have saved each other, then what makes this specific way so different that it makes Leo's power count as Lucy's power, but not Lucy's power count as Natsu's?

Its one thing when Lucy summons Leo, he is then a extension of her will, and she uses her magic to substain and argument his present on the physical world. But when Leo act independently he should also be counted as a independent entity.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, and out of the hundred different ways members of FT have saved each other, then what makes this specific way so different that it makes Leo's power count as Lucy's power, but not Lucy's power count as Natsu's?

Its one thing when Lucy summons Leo, he is then a extension of her will, and she uses her magic to substain and argument his present on the physical world. But when Leo act independently he should also be counted as a independent entity.
    Because the whole point of summoning magic is utilizing the strength you gain from the loyalty of your spirits. Leo wouldn't fight as well, or work as hard to be present in her battles if he didn't support her (just look at Aquarius.) Leo has the power to jump from world to world without his key, that does not exclude him from Lucy's line up when he fights on her behalf (and indeed, when he fights away from her, so long as he's in this world.)
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #357
    Troll in the Playground

though, to be honest my favorite celestial spirit is Capricorn. he's funny, witty and sarcastic (and hideously strong , he even survived a run-in with natsu for some time)
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

Because the whole point of summoning magic is utilizing the strength you gain from the loyalty of your spirits. Leo wouldn't fight as well, or work as hard to be present in her battles if he didn't support her (just look at Aquarius.) Leo has the power to jump from world to world without his key, that does not exclude him from Lucy's line up when he fights on her behalf (and indeed, when he fights away from her, so long as he's in this world.)
    No, the point of summoning magic is to call celestrial spirits from the spirit realm to fight for you.

The rest is a matter of being liked, but thats nothing to do with magic, or else the entire Fairy Tail guild would count as Lucy's power, since they all liked her enough to fight it out with Phantom lords for her sake.

But unless Lucy actualy does something with her magical power, then it should not count AS her magical power.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground

No, the point of summoning magic is to call celestrial spirits from the spirit realm to fight for you.

The rest is a matter of being liked, but thats nothing to do with magic, or else the entire Fairy Tail guild would count as Lucy's power, since they all liked her enough to fight it out with Phantom lords for her sake.

But unless Lucy actualy does something with her magical power, then it should not count AS her magical power.
    I can only say that Friendship is Magic
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    I can only say that Friendship is Magic
    Good one. I'm sure Hiro would be a fan of MLP, or is, I don't know.

Well, I'd say in Lucy's case it really is much more a matter of a wise choice of her spirits which... not too often appears... Like when she fought Flare... and I better stop thinking about it now.
    "What's done is done."