New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Fairy Tail II: Second Generation Thread Slayers

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    No, the point of summoning magic is to call celestrial spirits from the spirit realm to fight for you.

The rest is a matter of being liked, but thats nothing to do with magic, or else the entire Fairy Tail guild would count as Lucy's power, since they all liked her enough to fight it out with Phantom lords for her sake.

But unless Lucy actualy does something with her magical power, then it should not count AS her magical power.
    Leo is the equivalent of Interceptor in Final Fantasy 6.

Just in case the reference is lost on some, Interceptor was PC Shadow's dog, who would randomly jump in a fight and maul one enemy for you.

Leo's presence in the material world is derived from Lucy's magic. Otherwise he'd be slowly dying as he was when he lived without a summoner. Sure at one time he acted independently, but now he's basically one of her Pokemon. Only unlike the others he can leave his Pokeball at will which is damn handy since Lucy keeps losing her gorram keys.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post

Just in case the reference is lost on some, Interceptor was PC Shadow's dog, who would randomly jump in a fight and maul one enemy for you.

Leo's presence in the material world is derived from Lucy's magic. Otherwise he'd be slowly dying as he was when he lived without a summoner. Sure at one time he acted independently, but now he's basically one of her Pokemon. Only unlike the others he can leave his Pokeball at will which is damn handy since Lucy keeps losing her gorram keys.
    you'd think she'd protect her keys better after all those times here keys were stolen.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

3. - Top - End - #363
    Troll in the Playground

Right. Leo is Pikachu. Just being out of the pokeball doesn't separate him from the rest of the team.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

It really isnt the best analogy, since Shadow was suposed to be extremely competent

And no, when Leo isnt summoned by Lucy then he isnt draining her magic, that was directly stated in the exam arc.
    And yes, he might be slowly dying when he enters the world without a summoner, but so are we all, the only difference is that Leo can reverse the effect by returning home once in a while.

Right. Leo is Pikachu. Just being out of the pokeball doesn't separate him from the rest of the team.
    Leo isnt Pikachu, he is much more sensible than his current owner, and does actualy have his own plans, agendas and desires.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground

It really isnt the best analogy, since Shadow was suposed to be extremely competent

And no, when Leo isnt summoned by Lucy then he isnt draining her magic, that was directly stated in the exam arc.
    And yes, he might be slowly dying when he enters the world without a summoner, but so are we all, the only difference is that Leo can reverse the effect by returning home once in a while.

Leo isnt Pikachu, he is much more sensible than his current owner, and does actualy have his own plans, agendas and desires.
    which are explained. he has been ordered to serve Lucy any way possible to atone for him abandoning his previous summoner. But he is still team lucy (or at least one of her summons), even though eh once belonged to FT
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

which are explained. he has been ordered to serve Lucy any way possible to atone for him abandoning his previous summoner. But he is still team lucy (or at least one of her summons), even though eh once belonged to FT
    No it isnt explained, Natsu is serving Makarov because he is a member of Fairy Tail, and Makarov is the master of that guild, but that doesnt mean Makarov can claim credit for anything Natsu does, especaly not when its something he does on his own initiative.

And in the same way, Leo might be a part of Lucy's team, but that doesnt mean she deserve credit for anything he does on his own.
    Now if she actualy summon him it would be another matter, as she had then done something active towards whatever Leo might accomplish.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Troll in the Playground

No it isnt explained, Natsu is serving Makarov because he is a member of Fairy Tail, and Makarov is the master of that guild, but that doesnt mean Makarov can claim credit for anything Natsu does, especaly not when its something he does on his own initiative.

And in the same way, Leo might be a part of Lucy's team, but that doesnt mean she deserve credit for anything he does on his own.
    Now if she actualy summon him it would be another matter, as she had then done something active towards whatever Leo might accomplish.
    which in jail is more like swallow her keys since she always loses her keys. that's the only thing leo did. Get keys, return them to Lucy (and the other girl). Nothing more, nothing less. For the rest Lucy actually fought by picking some decent spirit(s).
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

8. - Top - End - #368
    Troll in the Playground

I don't know, that seemed more like an exception than the norm. Like usually Loke would take up Lucy's magic but he clarifies that since he is specifically fighting against Lucy that for the exam he wouldn't take up her magic and instead sustain himself with his own magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

which in jail is more like swallow her keys since she always loses her keys. that's the only thing leo did. Get keys, return them to Lucy (and the other girl). Nothing more, nothing less. For the rest Lucy actually fought by picking some decent spirit(s).
    Yes, and thats why im saying Leo saved Lucy, she didnt solve that issue on her own like a lot of people have been claiming.

I don't know, that seemed more like an exception than the norm. Like usually Loke would take up Lucy's magic but he clarifies that since he is specifically fighting against Lucy that for the exam he wouldn't take up her magic and instead sustain himself with his own magic.
    To me it soundet more like he was clarifying that when he crossed over on his own, then it would be his own magic he were drawing upon.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Colossus in the Playground

TIME SHINANIGANS.

Spoiler
    Show
    My prediction is that Eclipse 2 is actually the FIRST project, which doomed the city, and Eclipse 1 is actually the project to save it.

Also, nice to see they actually note that Arcadios living despite lava was bull****. Also, I'm betting the princess is a Jade Dragon slayer.

Finally, we have no subtlety from the mangaka. Next chapter is three woman fighting. The chapter title? Threesomes. Stay classy Fairy Tail, stay classy.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Opposing theory about the Eclipse 2: Princess and probably Arcadios are from the future and know the city will end unless Ecplise is used. (Though, the other might make sense but if they know about the first plan, how are they sill alive?)

I thought about the Princess being the Jade dragon Slayer but isn't the dragon dead for like forever? Or much longer than she seems to be old, unless we have MORE TIME TRAVEL.

Otherwise... not much happening, except Jellal's mysterious girlfriend showing up to save the Fairies and yeah, it's nice they at least try to make sense of the //$%(&%(§) lava incident. I'm still grumpy about it, though.

And for next week... I don't mind the unclassy title I mean, any title is still more classy than the first FT OVA. Shameless fanservice much?
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

12. - Top - End - #372

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Opposing theory about the Eclipse 2: Princess and probably Arcadios are from the future and know the city will end unless Ecplise is used. (Though, the other might make sense but if they know about the first plan, how are they sill alive?)

I thought about the Princess being the Jade dragon Slayer but isn't the dragon dead for like forever? Or much longer than she seems to be old, unless we have MORE TIME TRAVEL.

Otherwise... not much happening, except Jellal's mysterious girlfriend showing up to save the Fairies and yeah, it's nice they at least try to make sense of the //$%(&%(§) lava incident. I'm still grumpy about it, though.

And for next week... I don't mind the unclassy title I mean, any title is still more classy than the first FT OVA. Shameless fanservice much?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Never saw the first Fairy Tail OVA.

Also, the idea that the princess and Arcadios are from the future is a good idea. Maybe they survive the Dragon Slaying Festival that destroys the city, and work on the Eclipse 2 project, so they go back in time to create Eclipse 1 and save the city.

Also, I'm going to be perfect honest. With all this time travel being thrown about, I see no reason to assume that the princess isn't a Jade Dragon Slayer. Hell, I'm still under the impression that Team B for Fairy Tail is still in the past, and once they save the city they'll learn that they're actually in the past, be sent forward to help finish the real Elcipse program (where the Jade Princess is now a Queen and Arcadios is in his fancy knight armor) to go back in time to kill Zeref. This will also involve a fight with the UPGRADED Executioners, who will actually be a worthy fight.

The reason why I think this is, as far as I recall, we've never seen the Princess at any moment involving Arcadios in his knight armor (if I recall) and we've never seen her interact with any of the current day magic tournament people, aside from Fairy Tail B Team. When the B Team meets Arcadios, he's not in his armor. Now, one could assume that he simply got hurt so bad his armor BROKE, but then if that happened he should probably be more wounded then he appears. Therefor, Team B is actually in the past.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Never saw the first Fairy Tail OVA.

Also, the idea that the princess and Arcadios are from the future is a good idea. Maybe they survive the Dragon Slaying Festival that destroys the city, and work on the Eclipse 2 project, so they go back in time to create Eclipse 1 and save the city.

Also, I'm going to be perfect honest. With all this time travel being thrown about, I see no reason to assume that the princess isn't a Jade Dragon Slayer. Hell, I'm still under the impression that Team B for Fairy Tail is still in the past, and once they save the city they'll learn that they're actually in the past, be sent forward to help finish the real Elcipse program (where the Jade Princess is now a Queen and Arcadios is in his fancy knight armor) to go back in time to kill Zeref. This will also involve a fight with the UPGRADED Executioners, who will actually be a worthy fight.

The reason why I think this is, as far as I recall, we've never seen the Princess at any moment involving Arcadios in his knight armor (if I recall) and we've never seen her interact with any of the current day magic tournament people, aside from Fairy Tail B Team. When the B Team meets Arcadios, he's not in his armor. Now, one could assume that he simply got hurt so bad his armor BROKE, but then if that happened he should probably be more wounded then he appears. Therefor, Team B is actually in the past.
    I actually like this idea, it does explain something I thought odd about the situation well hopefully we'll learn whats exactly going on well in a few more weeks so hopefully before Xmas, the new year, maybe!
    Last edited by Hopeless; 2012-12-07 at 03:50 PM.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leave it up to Fairy Tail to have "Time Shenanigans" and it seem like just another day for the gang...
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

Hm... really, I'd have thought there would have been some more confusion if that was true, like... who they are, where they come from, etc... No, I don't think that's happened but then I might be wrong, of course.

edit: Watching the anime and then going back to the manga chapters I'm always impressed how many small things I forget... I keep thinking "Ah, nice that they added this in the anime" (or sometimes not nice) and then I realize "Huh, this has happened in the manga as well... I forgot". Maybe it's just my poor memory though...
    Also, I'm still amazed how subtle most of the time the fanservice is... there are so many ridiculous outfits like Sherry's or pretty much nude shots (e.g. Lucy in the shower) but they just seem to fit the story... Maybe because I'm so used to fanservice in Fairy Tail but in other shows if they'd do the same it would seem really out of place... or much more out of place at least.
    Last edited by Kato; 2012-12-08 at 07:22 AM.
    "What's done is done."

16. - Top - End - #376
    Troll in the Playground

Hm... really, I'd have thought there would have been some more confusion if that was true, like... who they are, where they come from, etc... No, I don't think that's happened but then I might be wrong, of course.

edit: Watching the anime and then going back to the manga chapters I'm always impressed how many small things I forget... I keep thinking "Ah, nice that they added this in the anime" (or sometimes not nice) and then I realize "Huh, this has happened in the manga as well... I forgot". Maybe it's just my poor memory though...
    Also, I'm still amazed how subtle most of the time the fanservice is... there are so many ridiculous outfits like Sherry's or pretty much nude shots (e.g. Lucy in the shower) but they just seem to fit the story... Maybe because I'm so used to fanservice in Fairy Tail but in other shows if they'd do the same it would seem really out of place... or much more out of place at least.
    As far as the fanservice goes, you are probably just used to it. There is a lot and there always has been.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground

New Chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    .... Okay I honestly can say that I did not possibly see that coming. LUCY? I was expecting Eledos Zeref, a new villian, maybe someone that Brain taught and that Jellal new. But FUTURE LUCY?!?!? That came out of nowhere
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2012-12-21 at 02:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    New Chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    .... Okay I honestly can say that I did not possibly see that coming. LUCY? I was expecting Eledos Zeref, a new villian, maybe someone that Brain taught and that Jellal new. But FUTURE LUCY?!?!? That came out of nowhere
    Spoiler
    Show
    Didn't really surprise me, it was kind of hinted at a ways back. Right now I'm just annoyed with the cliffhanger.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't care about the plot, I care about the 3-way fight between mInerva, Erza and the other chick! Show me! I need to know! RAAAAGHRGHG *spits foam*
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Calling it now...

Spoiler
    Show
    Lucy's a Time Lord.

The Eclipse Gate is a Tardis.

She will die as foreshadowed, but will just reincarnate as the next Doctor Lucy.

Enemies of the next arc will be Daleks.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Calling it now...

Spoiler
    Show
    Lucy's a Time Lord.

The Eclipse Gate is a Tardis.

She will die as foreshadowed, but will just reincarnate as the next Doctor Lucy.

Enemies of the next arc will be Daleks.
    And the thread goes to....

I was surprised. Yeah, time travel was foreshadowed but I didn't expect her to show up. Even if I guess it makes sense.

But yes, I want to see the effing three way! Bets are she will demand them to fight each other first.
    "What's done is done."

22. - Top - End - #382
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

But yes, I want to see the effing three way! Bets are she will demand them to fight each other first.
    Giggle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Though, she seemed more like she just wanted them to be mad... said she didn't want a Hostage, at least.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-12-22 at 11:21 AM.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

New Chapter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    And Man are the FT-ST fights going to be decisive. And Minerva just ran like a coward.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    New Chapter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    And Man are the FT-ST fights going to be decisive. And Minerva just ran like a coward.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And you're surprised?!
    She just kidnapped a childhood friend of Erza and a colleague of the other opponent... the last time anyone was stupid enough to try that on Erza... well I believe that was Evergreen but then I'm more familiar with the earlier episodes but given Kagura has a sword especially made specifically to kill Jellal... and the only person that could be described as a rival for Erza I'm not surprised she ran once those two started focusing on Minerva!

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

So, i guess that unlikely event everyone is talking about, is someone besides FT winning the tournament?

26. - Top - End - #386

I actually want the unlikely event to be Fairy Tail WINNING, since they are clearly outmatched by Sabretooth. Even if they do end up winning because of bullcrap.

Also, Fairy Tail is so good, when they go to rescue someone they get TWO OF THAT PERSON.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

I actually want the unlikely event to be Fairy Tail WINNING, since they are clearly outmatched by Sabretooth. Even if they do end up winning because of bullcrap.

Also, Fairy Tail is so good, when they go to rescue someone they get TWO OF THAT PERSON.
    The Kingdom was having a sale on Lucy's. Buy 1 get 1 free.

Or depending on how this doom prophecy plays out, But 1 get 1 half-off.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

No, no, no, the unlikely outcome is a DRAW, the tiebreaker of which somehow leads to Quattro Puppy winning the whole thing.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, it seems like they were talking about Fairy Tail, which would have seemed ridiculous when the princess first heard it a while back, but they are talking like it is still unlikely when right now the whole thing seems very much in the air. The most unlikely victory right now is Mermaid Heel.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

Ye gods, i cant tell if you are being sarcastic now...

Yeah, it seems like they were talking about Fairy Tail, which would have seemed ridiculous when the princess first heard it a while back, but they are talking like it is still unlikely when right now the whole thing seems very much in the air. The most unlikely victory right now is Mermaid Heel.
    I would say when FT gets the dream team back that made then the strongest guild 7 years ago, then that alone should make you take notice of their chance to steal the top spot again, and when they then furthermore manage to get seedet into the nr 2 spot in preliminary rounds, then i cant see how anyone with a normal intelligence could belive they would not have at least a chance.

But i totaly agree, the only thing thats really unlikely now is for MH to win, or for everything to end in some sort of draw.