New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail II: Second Generation Thread Slayers

I'll have to admit I was pretty disappointed with the latest manga chapter... lots of build up but nothing really surprising. It wasn't but not... good.

Also
    BEST ANIME EPISODE EVER!
    Okay, maybe a little bit sexist but not more than the rest of the show. I liked how they expanded Mira vs Jenny and apparently Kagura vs whatshername will be quite a bit longer next week as well. Hurra!
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

2. - Top - End - #392
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Ye gods, i cant tell if you are being sarcastic now...

I would say when FT gets the dream team back that made then the strongest guild 7 years ago, then that alone should make you take notice of their chance to steal the top spot again, and when they then furthermore manage to get seedet into the nr 2 spot in preliminary rounds, then i cant see how anyone with a normal intelligence could belive they would not have at least a chance.

But i totaly agree, the only thing thats really unlikely now is for MH to win, or for everything to end in some sort of draw.
    Sorry, I should explain. Basically, the idea is "Sabretooth is supposed to be a threat" so we have Sting and Rogue who are super badasses. And then Fairy TAil beats them with literally not even a single effort. This seems wrong to me, for some reason. Therefor, I honestly feel that the unlikely event is that Fairy Tail wins.

And it's actually kind of supported. In a way, they are getting outside help. Mavis is using her strategist powers to help them from the grave, they got obscene power boosts to their magic during training from a third, outside source. Future Lucy is going around doing magic, so she might also be manipulating events.

At the end of the day it's just a theory though. We'll have to wait and see.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

Here's what I think will happen.

Spoiler
    Show
    The new leader of ST has the ability to create illusions as well as her regular power. That's how she keeps getting her 'hostages'

Anyways the Light DS has figured this out and is going to go on a rampage, taking down all of the FT team and then takes down the remaining ST team members as well as well. And by takes down I mean kills
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Here's what I think will happen.

Spoiler
    Show
    The new leader of ST has the ability to create illusions as well as her regular power. That's how she keeps getting her 'hostages'

Anyways the Light DS has figured this out and is going to go on a rampage, taking down all of the FT team and then takes down the remaining ST team members as well as well. And by takes down I mean kills
    Spoiler
    Show
    I can't see Gray, Luzy, Erza, Gajeel and Juvia dying that fast. I could see maybe one of them dying, most likely Gajell. But not all of them at once.
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2013-01-08 at 02:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Also
    BEST ANIME EPISODE EVER!
    To be honest, i though the complete opposite (ok, close to at least).

Sorry, I should explain. Basically, the idea is "Sabretooth is supposed to be a threat" so we have Sting and Rogue who are super badasses. And then Fairy TAil beats them with literally not even a single effort. This seems wrong to me, for some reason. Therefor, I honestly feel that the unlikely event is that Fairy Tail wins.
    Must say the biggest issue i have with this is that was done so effordless, if each victory had been bought though blood, sweat and sheer determination/cuning planning, then i would not have had such a big problem with how the tournament went so far.

And it's actually kind of supported. In a way, they are getting outside help. Mavis is using her strategist powers to help them from the grave, they got obscene power boosts to their magic during training from a third, outside source. Future Lucy is going around doing magic, so she might also be manipulating events.
    Though at the same time, a lot of FT's heaviest hitters (FT team B) has not gotten anything besides a couple of weeks in a training camp to place them at their current position, where they do seem to kick a lot of ass.

And i do doubt that future Lucy is doing anymore tampering with the timeline beside whats absolute nececary to chance the future.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I can't see Gray, Luzy, Erza, Gajeel and Juvia dying that fast. I could see maybe one of them dying, most likely Gajell. But not all of them at once.
    I'm rather sure Explorer was sarcastic. This is Fairy Tail. People don't just die, especially not like flies, in FT.

To be honest, i though the complete opposite (ok, close to at least).
    Well, I was slightly exaggerating at that point but I liked how they expanded the blatant fanservice joke of the chaoter into about the whole episode. And I liked the tid bits thrown in, like Shadow Gear fighting over Levy who looks longingly at Gajeel, the interpretation of the Lisanna/Natsu/Lucy triangle, and many other things. If I was (just) in for girls in bikinis I'd be visiting other sites...
    But some people just can't see beyond the obvious stuff.

Must say the biggest issue i have with this is that was done so effordless, if each victory had been bought though blood, sweat and sheer determination/cuning planning, then i would not have had such a big problem with how the tournament went so far.
    If each victory was so hard to achieve it would get boring, I think. Isn't it just how overplayed ST was, what bugs you? We had our hard fights. Elfman vs Bacchus, Wendy vs... that Wind God Slayer. And we had a bunch of losses. And a bunch of easier victories. It all evens out, to me.
    "What's done is done."

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

If each victory was so hard to achieve it would get boring, I think. Isn't it just how overplayed ST was, what bugs you? We had our hard fights. Elfman vs Bacchus, Wendy vs... that Wind God Slayer. And we had a bunch of losses. And a bunch of easier victories. It all evens out, to me.
    No, because if ST was overplayed, then it would reflect back on every singel guild they were above (the entire magical world).

And about all the loses were pretty cheap in my opinion, with as i recall it only being Grey who lost a fair fight, all the others were rigget in some way, og just completely unfair.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I'm rather sure Explorer was sarcastic. This is Fairy Tail. People don't just die, especially not like flies, in FT.
    It's the impossible result.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I wouldn't be surprised if Minerva revealed she lied to Light DS is what sets him off...

Natsu won't be present so it'll be Laxus and Gajeel against the three sabertooth members one of whom is a godslayer so it certainly won't be one sided in Fairy Tail's favour not if Kagura keeps Ezra out of the fight!

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

new chapter

Spoiler
    Show

Ok, must admit i did not see Erza losing there, that kinda came as a surprise, and if the unexpected outcome turns out to be Erza dying, then i would seriously impressed.

Though i do fear this is just the usual author teasing..

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

new chapter

Spoiler
    Show

Ok, must admit i did not see Erza losing there, that kinda came as a surprise, and if the unexpected outcome turns out to be Erza dying, then i would seriously impressed.

Though i do fear this is just the usual author teasing..
    Kagura is
    Spoiler
    Show
    Simon's sister!

It has certainly hit the fan and the fan just broke!!!

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

Well, that was... surprising. I guess some hinting would have been nice but meh. Good enough for me.

Spoiler
    Show

Pretty sure Erza won't die but I have no idea what is going to save her. Just reluctance from Kagura's side?
    "What's done is done."

13. - Top - End - #403
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not 100% convinced that Erza will even lose, much less die. Still, I wonder what Jellal meant when he said that something didn't make sense? It couldn't have anything to do with Erza, because he sure as hell wouldn't allow her to die. Actually I'm pretty sure no one can die prior to whatever bad outcome Future Lucy is trying to prevent since she would intervene.
    Last edited by Drolyt; 2013-01-11 at 10:25 AM.

14. - Top - End - #404

I am so, SO glad they finally refered back to
    Spoiler
    Show
    Simon.
    I really am.

Also, I'm almost positive that
    Spoiler
    Show
    the explosion of blood is actually Kagura, and whats her face, the Sabertooth lady, is taking this moment to take down Kagura, since Kagura is so distracted and wounded, and ERza is so weakened and wounded, it'll leave things quite easy for her to mop up.

Oh, also, my personal guess is that Bad Future Lucy is actually evil.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2013-01-11 at 10:27 AM.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    the explosion of blood is actually Kagura, and whats her face, the Sabertooth lady, is taking this moment to take down Kagura, since Kagura is so distracted and wounded, and ERza is so weakened and wounded, it'll leave things quite easy for her to mop up.

Oh, also, my personal guess is that Bad Future Lucy is actually evil.
    Spoiler: Possible... but then we know what would happen next, obviously. But it would be much more in sync with FT's usual proceedings.

Also... wtf? Evil Lucy?!
    "What's done is done."

16. - Top - End - #406

Well, I'm thinking that Bad Future Lucy survived the disaster, and thus she became evil, through some manner.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Well, I'm thinking that Bad Future Lucy survived the disaster, and thus she became evil, through some manner.
    She does ping as someone related to Zeref. Though given what Zeref's attitude was (and might still be/have returned to) that doesn't say a lot.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, but i think all this talk about evil Lucy is crazy talk

19. - Top - End - #409
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not 100% convinced that Erza will even lose, much less die. Still, I wonder what Jellal meant when he said that something didn't make sense? It couldn't have anything to do with Erza, because he sure as hell wouldn't allow her to die. Actually I'm pretty sure no one can die prior to whatever bad outcome Future Lucy is trying to prevent since she would intervene.
    Personally my guess is that the future refrenced something like Jellal killing Kagura and he doesn't see why he would do that. I am not sure Jellal knows Kagura wants to kill him. Also it WOULD trigger a completely surprising outcome if Jellal interferes with the tournament, I could see it turning the entire tournament into a massive free for all with all the mages pretty quickly, which would be a pretty unlikely event.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

Well... what should I say... I'm just... disappointed. Nothing... terrible, actually started out good but then it just went to meh. (for me)
    "What's done is done."

21. - Top - End - #411

Well... what should I say... I'm just... disappointed. Nothing... terrible, actually started out good but then it just went to meh. (for me)
    I'm just happy because, ignoring the flashback, I totally called that what's her face would do this. I mean yha it was obvious, but still.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Troll in the Playground

I'm just happy because, ignoring the flashback, I totally called that what's her face would do this. I mean yha it was obvious, but still.
    I find that it was less interesting because it was so obvious. But it was still a good chapter I suppose, just not much happened outside of a flashback.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

A good chapter if a little predictable. So good stuff.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not trying to spoil anyones fun here but... how was it a good chapter? You know me, I'm not one of the "it all sucks" people but I really couldn't get much out of it.
    Erza getting up and saying she has to live for the sake of her friends and those who gave their life for her was good, no arguing.
    But then? We have a victory without rhyme or reason, we have the "oh right, you saved my life, I totally forgot about that!" flashback and than we have the probably most predictable backstabbing in the history of FT.
    I could let the victory slide because emotions but even if I would it's still not a good chapter to me.
    "What's done is done."

25. - Top - End - #415
    Troll in the Playground

I'm not trying to spoil anyones fun here but... how was it a good chapter? You know me, I'm not one of the "it all sucks" people but I really couldn't get much out of it.
    Erza getting up and saying she has to live for the sake of her friends and those who gave their life for her was good, no arguing.
    But then? We have a victory without rhyme or reason, we have the "oh right, you saved my life, I totally forgot about that!" flashback and than we have the probably most predictable backstabbing in the history of FT.
    I could let the victory slide because emotions but even if I would it's still not a good chapter to me.
    I somewhat agree and somewhat disagree, I agree that Erza's "I can't die" line and her random instantly one hit ko of Kagura to be poor writing. I would of preferred a bit more of struggle and also to make the dramatic unsheathing of archenemy to be a bit more... dramatic.

I was fine with the backstory of Erza and Simon coming from the same village, honestly it makes decent sense somewhat. Except that Simon should of known Erza's last name shouldn't he of

26. - Top - End - #416

I'm not saying it's not bad, just happy I saw it coming, no matter how obvious.

I somewhat agree and somewhat disagree, I agree that Erza's "I can't die" line and her random instantly one hit ko of Kagura to be poor writing. I would of preferred a bit more of struggle and also to make the dramatic unsheathing of archenemy to be a bit more... dramatic.

I was fine with the backstory of Erza and Simon coming from the same village, honestly it makes decent sense somewhat. Except that Simon should of known Erza's last name shouldn't he of
    Instantly winning in a turn around fight is Erza's thing. Doesn't make it any more annoying.

Why didn't Erza know her last name again? And maybe they just had never crossed paths?

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

Well I admit my standards for Fairy Tail have dropped a lot. The Erza instant victory for no reason is the standard thing that happens. The literal backstabbing was easy to see coming and it was all done in the usual manner.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

28. - Top - End - #418
    Troll in the Playground

I thought Erza didn't even know her own last name?

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

I hate to barge in, uninvited, but I recently saw this fanart /pairing. Though you guys would like it (or not)
    http://kiose-style.deviantart.com/ar...-two-349964436
    Last edited by Crimmy : Tomorrow at 26:72 DM.

Spoiler
    Show

Iron Avatarist has gone on hiatus. Give me your feedback, please
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

New chapter stuff

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, Saber Princess is not only a bitch, she really is a psycho. Now I don't know whether I want Erza to beat her or Erza to lose (since it would make so much more sense)

Gajeel vs Rogue... is starting... but nothing to exciting yet.

Orca(?) and Laxus are joined by Jura... so we are gonna lose half the arena, I guess.

And the love birds are comic relief again. Or are they?!

Oh, and future Lucy wakes up and apparently 10.000 Dragons will attack... Well, they have a few Dragon Slayers, that should count for something. And a lot of powerfulother mages. But where would they even come from?!
    "What's done is done."