New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail II: Second Generation Thread Slayers

Spoiler
    Show
    The Apocolypse Dragon is evolving!

*plays Pokemon Evolution theme*

Congragulations! Your Apocolypse Dragon as evolved into Ragnorok Dragon!

In all seriousness this is actually kinda cool.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

New (sarcastic) theory...

The thing that causes the apacolyptic future is...

Spoiler
    Show
    ...a dragon that breathes other dragons.

It teaches Dragon-element Dragon-Slaying Magic.

It can also only be killed by Ice magic, making Gray and Leon indispensible in the final fight.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

It occurs to me that the princess isn't very bright. Her method of confirming that FutureLucy is telling the truth is seeing if her prediction about the tournament comes true. But that doesn't prove anything. FutureLucy might have psychic powers (do they have those in Fiore?), or might simply have access to information nobody else does. And even if she is from the future, she could still be lying about her true intentions. Of course, I doubt any of that is the case given what manga this is, but the princess really comes off quite gullible.

4. - Top - End - #424

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    It occurs to me that the princess isn't very bright. Her method of confirming that FutureLucy is telling the truth is seeing if her prediction about the tournament comes true. But that doesn't prove anything. FutureLucy might have psychic powers (do they have those in Fiore?), or might simply have access to information nobody else does. And even if she is from the future, she could still be lying about her true intentions. Of course, I doubt any of that is the case given what manga this is, but the princess really comes off quite gullible.
    I really hope the event she's waiting to act apon is "the dragons blow up the kingdom".

Infact, that's an idea. The going theory is that the prediction is "it will end in a draw". Well, if the dragons explode the whole kingdom and kill mostly everyone, it thus ends in a draw!

5. - Top - End - #425
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I really hope the event she's waiting to act apon is "the dragons blow up the kingdom".

Infact, that's an idea. The going theory is that the prediction is "it will end in a draw". Well, if the dragons explode the whole kingdom and kill mostly everyone, it thus ends in a draw!
    You'd think FutureLucy was trying to prevent that. Although given that as far as I understand what the princess has said FutureLucy came back in time in order to convince them to use the time machine, so frankly I'm not sure what the plan is.

6. - Top - End - #426

I still think Future Lucy is evil. And a part of me still wants the sign of then end times being "Fairy Tail wins the contest"

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I think Minerva is about to get a very nasty shock, doubt she'll die but given every reader has seen how Ezra's reacts when angry Minerva had better start fleeing really rapidly if she wants to survive whats coming...

Spoiler
    Show
    As for the impending event I'm wondering if that gate is supposed to summon the dragons from the past rather than they suddenly appearing here and now for no reason...

That would be a heck of a reason why they needed a second Eclipse gate though...

I figure its needed to send them back and thats how Future Lucy dies since the other Celestial Mage may have died opening the first and to save Current Lucy, Future Lucy sacrifices herself to end the event before too much damage is suffered well maybe a mite more than what Natsu normally does...
    Last edited by Hopeless; 2013-01-25 at 05:10 PM.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    I think Minerva is about to get a very nasty shock, doubt she'll die but given every reader has seen how Ezra's reacts when angry Minerva had better start fleeing really rapidly if she wants to survive whats coming...
    The problem is Erza has been taking too much of a beating against Kagura, sure she is pissed and will probably hold her own but I can't see Mirvena loosing that fight, her tactic while underhand was quite good.

The laxus ogra jura fight should be interesting, I wonder how much they will destroy in that area. I think Jura has the edge though Ground beats lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

9. - Top - End - #429

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    The problem is Erza has been taking too much of a beating against Kagura, sure she is pissed and will probably hold her own but I can't see Mirvena loosing that fight, her tactic while underhand was quite good.

The laxus ogra jura fight should be interesting, I wonder how much they will destroy in that area. I think Jura has the edge though Ground beats lightning
    Ah, but you see, it's Erza. She has an armor that heals her fully that she's never used before. She just bought it from the magic store before the fight.

This is kind of why I have a love hate relathionship with Erza.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, but you see, it's Erza. She has an armor that heals her fully that she's never used before. She just bought it from the magic store before the fight.

This is kind of why I have a love hate relathionship with Erza.
    Or she could have an armor that works well against Minerva.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    Or she could have an armor that works well against Minerva.
    Or she fights on her knees, well Minerva is within reach...

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

I still think Future Lucy is evil. And a part of me still wants the sign of then end times being "Fairy Tail wins the contest"
    I'm still totally unable to get behind the "evil Lucy" theory.
    Well.... "Fairy Tail wins" seems to be the most obvious prediction (and from a readers perspective also the most likely) but a draw would be an interesting twist, maybe even a three-way draw? Is it possible? Okay, some quick number crunching say no. Too bad)

As for the princess being dumb... we don't really know how Lucy showed up. Yeah, she might be lying but why would she tell the princess her kingdom is going to be destroyed if not to warn her? Sure, there's no definite proof, but what would be the point if not to help her?

Or she fights on her knees, well Minerva is within reach...
    I don't get it.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

I think if they went all out there wouldnt be much of the City left

And i dont know about the later part, lightning also outrace ground so badly its not even funny ;)
    But in the end i think the edge would depend a lot on whereever Laxus has gotten mature enough to not fire Fairy Law off inside a major city :P
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

14. - Top - End - #434

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I think if they went all out there wouldnt be much of the City left

And i dont know about the later part, lightning also outrace ground so badly its not even funny ;)
    But in the end i think the edge would depend a lot on whereever Laxus has gotten mature enough to not fire Fairy Law off inside a major city :P
    Naw, it's ok. This isn't the real city, it's artificial. If I recall.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I don't get it.
    Remember that evil defeating weapon Ezra was given during that last arc with the clergy preying on the remaining celestial wizards?

I doubt Minerva would have a chance to dodge that at that proximity...

16. - Top - End - #436
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Remember that evil defeating weapon Ezra was given during that last arc with the clergy preying on the remaining celestial wizards?

I doubt Minerva would have a chance to dodge that at that proximity...
    The last arc in the MANGA was the S-Rank Trials arc. So NO. That may have been in the anime though, as filler.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

Uhm... no, I don't remember, to be honest.

While the Manga doesn't deny the existence of the anime and so far I don't think there were any contradictions I don't see Erza using anything from the filler here...

Speaking of the anime, third day of the tournament! Pandaemonium! 1 vs 100! I hope/think we will get more than three panels for Erza vs 100 Monsters next week!
    "What's done is done."

18. - Top - End - #438
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post

The bitch will go down, and erza will do it. I mean fairy tail+strong emotions=mayhem. And erza packs a lot of mayhem. when that fight is over I expect to see filet de tigerbitch, and if erza can't, let sting loose on her, that could be satisfactory...

Oh, and I need more Natsu. I want to see him going nuclear over erza vs uberbitch.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

19. - Top - End - #439

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Uhm... no, I don't remember, to be honest.

While the Manga doesn't deny the existence of the anime and so far I don't think there were any contradictions I don't see Erza using anything from the filler here...

Speaking of the anime, third day of the tournament! Pandaemonium! 1 vs 100! I hope/think we will get more than three panels for Erza vs 100 Monsters next week!
    Lets hope so. I'd actually kinda like to see a fully half hour of Erza just killing everything. Though really I could get that by just watching all her fight scenes back to back anyway

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Darn that serves me right for not paying closer attention to discerning between the two!

Well next weeks anime episode is going to be very interesting!

I'm not spoilering since if you read the manga you know whats going to happen and the episode this morning gives away enough that I don't need to say any more!

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

The bitch will go down, and erza will do it. I mean fairy tail+strong emotions=mayhem. And erza packs a lot of mayhem. when that fight is over I expect to see filet de tigerbitch, and if erza can't, let sting loose on her, that could be satisfactory...
    I was rather hoping that a Erza who lose her head walks straight into whatever trap Minerva has set up for her, leaving a SB victory.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

New chapter, fro! I dislike how they seem to be unable to agree on Fro, Frog or Frosch... at least it seems to me they are constntly switching between the three.

Spoiler
    Show

So, we don't get very much... okay, we get quite a lot but NO ACTION!

Eclipse 2 means using the stored energy as a weapon which seems... weird, considering they should be able to call upon the help of the ten Saints and more if they need to fight 10k dragons and if that's all they can muster the dragons must suck.

Some.. hints towards Zodiac's theory. I still refuse to not believe in our friend Lucy could never e evil! But if she's not Lucy it would be possible... Why would she lie about her appearance? Unless she never used Eclipse and really is someone entirely different with some weird agenda...

And finally... WTF? Okay, Rogue being an admirer of PT makes.. kind of sense. Well, it makes enough sense. But it seems weird he wouldn't have approached FT but ST to join a guild then... whatever. (And it still doesn't explain anything about their magic) But freaking talking shadow out of nowhere?! (btw, am I the only one who expected Frosch to bite the dust there for one reason or another?)

Also, I guess I shouldn't complain what with their translation speed but some things still feel unnecessary poorly phrased)
    "What's done is done."

23. - Top - End - #443

Yha, Mangapanda's kind of not that good at translation.

Anyway, about the chapter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    THEORY CRAFTING TIME! Future Lucy may or may not be Lucy, but she's certainly evil. Her plan is to trick them into thinking Eclipse 2 will destroy the dragons, when infact IT SHALL TRANSPORT THEM. For you see, the 10 000 dragons are already here. They're in the graveyard. The influx of magic from Eclipse 2 will, instead of destroying the dragons that are already dead, instead return them to life!

My guess is that in the original timeline, where Natsu and friends stayed IN the prison, they used Eclipse and it revived the dragons, killed most of everyone, and Lucy somehow turned evil/Lucy got body snatched by an evil person, and then sent Lucy back in time to ENSURE a better result (maybe kill more Fairy Tails, who knows). However, this has already backfired. The Jade Green Dragon got to chat with the main cast, so he's going to be a good guy, and it's going to turn out he's the second in command to Acnologia or something, or atleast in charge of enough of them to get some dragons on the hero's side.

Finally, I do like that Rogue's shadow is alive. He IS the Shadow Dragon, and as we've seen, every dragon slayer has signs of their dragon in em. Natsu's uvula is fire, Gajeel's eyes are actually bolts if you look at them closely, Laxus's hair is all staticy, something something poison dragon loser. Sting and Rogue probably have something like this, and for a Shadow Dragon I wouldn't be surprised if their shadow is alive as a natural thing, due to ambient shadow magics.

Also, another theory. Rogue's shadow is what makes Future Lucy evil.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Who do we know can assume other people's forms?
    Maybe this "Lucy" is someone entirely different...

I'll post further once I manage to read this weeks issue!

Oh and don't miss tomorrow's anime episode... well by this point you know why!

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

Oh gosh, Zodiac, what are you using and where can I get it?

Okay, I have two major problems with this...
    Spoiler
    Show

1) Travel through time to make something that already was a disaster an even bigger disaster? While this seems quite unique it seems also... pretty stupid. What villain would do that?
    2) If there are no dragons, why would they use Eclipse 2? Maybe if it was some freak accident but then gaining the princess' trust seems stupid. If the dragons are already dead who would they use it at? Fire blindly at nothing only to have the energy converted into a resurrection beam?
    Admittedly, yes, I can see Eclipse being the source of the dragons, maybe because the time portal is used to bring them from the past when trying to... fix SOMETHING about the time line. Or maybe even bring them from the other dimension, but bringing them back from the dead?
    "What's done is done."

26. - Top - End - #446

The solution to these are very simple!

Spoiler
    Show
    1: Acnologia wants to end the world. He's the Apocolypse Dragon. Presumibly Zeref, who's essentially his Dragon Slayer I presume, wants to do the same. Thus, they'd do things to make the end happen faster.

2: They were going to use the Eclipse 2 to go back in time to stop the Apocolypse Dragon from ever existing. Therefor, they use it, and the dragons, seeing the huge ass portal in time open up (assuming there is one here) will just fly through it and wage destruction.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Another possible outcome:

Spoiler
    Show
    Lucy has to fight Future Lucy in a children's card game to stop the destruction of the world... with keys!

28. - Top - End - #448

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Another possible outcome:

Spoiler
    Show
    Lucy has to fight Future Lucy in a children's card game to stop the destruction of the world... with keys!
    Spoiler
    Show
    It'd be interesting to see evil versions of Lucy's summons, since if people have forgotten, the summons change apperance on the whim and will of the user.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    It'd be interesting to see evil versions of Lucy's summons, since if people have forgotten, the summons change apperance on the whim and will of the user.

When did this happen? Last I checked, the only summon that changed appearance by summoner was Virgo. Scorpio, Gemini, Aires, and Leo seemed to remain the same.

Granted, evil versions of the summons would be pretty cool.

30. - Top - End - #450

Well yha, that's what I mean. Virgo changed and if I recall Tauros mentioned he used to be...not what he is, and that Cancer and Stagitarius used to look different but really like their new apperances, if I recall.

Basically what I mean is that the series brought it up with Virgo and then did nothing with it and that makes me upset. Like a lot of things in Fairy Tail, it's good ideas excecuted less then satisfactorily.