New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail II: Second Generation Thread Slayers

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Like a lot of things in Fairy Tail, it's good ideas excecuted less then satisfactorily.
    Well, yes. But there are hardly any shows that never make a mistake or waste potential somehow. FT maybe does it more often than others but it's still great.

New episode. I don't think we need spoilers...

BUCK YEAH! ERZA EFF-ING SCARLET!! That were ten action packed minutes and while maybe not perfect it gave me goose bumps. As does the new(?) opening (and it hardly has any spoilers!). It got me really hyped up and even if the second half just dealt with the MPF it was still great and the last seconds were again what made me love this anime. (Which is really the same as in TTGL or OP's best moment, the passion that you can feel oozing out of your screen and dissipating in the room)
    (btw, Cana seemed pretty fine with the idea of comforting... the Pegasus guy)

Next week, Laxus vs Alexei.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Well, yes. But there are hardly any shows that never make a mistake or waste potential somehow. FT maybe does it more often than others but it's still great.
    Interesting idea, but I remember a bit about Loki's former mistress and her abuse of was it Aries?

Then there was Angel, which was an interesting take on that idea except there was no difference in shape like there was for Virgo... hold on should i be calling Loki Leo or vice versa?

Latest Episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well the Erza bit wasn't a surprise, the S-Class was since it could have been taken out by accident any time during that fight.

The bit afterwards made me laugh especially when Cana walked up to test her strength against the mpf...

About the only mistake as far as I could see was why didn't they have a bit about someone in the audience or Fairy Tail members' turn to another and openly ask why they didn't summon these creatures rather than create them since they could have let them know what to expect...

Now if they had done that instead with the monsters inside getting an update on who they're fighting to make the challenge more effective and then seeing them panic when they learn its Erza going first and she's challenging ALL of them!

After all that would have been fair reaction wouldn't it!

3. - Top - End - #453
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I watch it, and I honestly don't know why.

Yeah, it's about a cult of "wizards" where they take kids with screwed up histories and practically indoctrinate them into thinking their "guild" is super awesome and worth dying for. It's led by a midget old pedophile whose main thing is growing various body parts and calling himself their dad. Not at all creepy. And the worst part? These indoctirnated kids have a terrible curse on them that makes it so that they get beaten within an inch of their lives on practically a daily basis and yet with every bone broken in their bodies, they manage to fight on, and even somehow win against people who want to destroy this vile cult - Fairy Tail.

Also, all big fights need to be finished by a guy who was convinced he was raised by a dragon or something, and somehow always prevails against all odds by getting really, really, super angry in all fights and that somehow makes him invincible.

Really, whoever wrote this thing is one disturbed individual.

But seriously, like the show, even though it pisses me off in every arc and makes me scream obscenities not meant for this site.
    Last edited by DarkEternal; 2013-02-04 at 03:24 PM.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

DarkEternal you are mangling about everything about FT its not suprising you dislike it. Reread/watch the start of it. Get all your basics right, then come back and say that.

5. - Top - End - #455

DwarfClericGuy

I'm in the process of watching it. Some 110 episodes in which is more then enough to have an opinion of it. And like I said, I like the show. Erza is probably in the top three favorite female characters in any anime show, or at the very least in shounen anime.

Just hate that it follows the exact same formula over and over again. I admit, that's a problem with most of the genre, but here it is even more formed. Plus, some "developments" which for me, killed off so much good stuff it had building upon for really no reason what so ever.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

While I can see where you are coming from to a certain degree it's still like saying the Jedi are a bunch of religious fanatics that steal kids from their parents to turn them into part of their monk army to secretly control society.

FT doesn't steal people away, everyone who goes there is either a lost child with nowhere else to go or choose to join on their own free will. Yeah, there sure are lots of things wrong with the story or that could be better but within it's medium it's a pretty solid story. (Which includes people risking their lives on a daily basis... that's Shounen for you. And at least they are old enough to make their own decisions.)
    "What's done is done."

7. - Top - End - #457
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DarkEternal View Post
    Yeah, it's about a cult of "wizards" where they take kids with screwed up histories and practically indoctrinate them into thinking their "guild" is super awesome and worth dying for. It's led by a midget old pedophile whose main thing is growing various body parts and calling himself their dad. Not at all creepy. And the worst part? These indoctirnated kids have a terrible curse on them that makes it so that they get beaten within an inch of their lives on practically a daily basis and yet with every bone broken in their bodies, they manage to fight on, and even somehow win against people who want to destroy this vile cult - Fairy Tail.
    That is... an interesting take on the manga. Gave me a few laughs. I will admit though that their devotion to the guild seems a bit cultish.

8. - Top - End - #458

DwarfClericGuy

Honestly, my post was meant as a joke. I enjoy the anime, I really do. It's one of the rare series that I want to watch but it manages to piss me off in every arc because it sabotages itself(Edolas arc for instance), not to mention that I really, really don't like Natsu and the fact he has to do every damn thing in the end. I know that's the curse of main characters, but not when you are supposed to be that much weaker than your opponent to have some plot driven secret power awaken within you and magically you can always prevail on power of getting "really super angry".

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

New Chapter
    Spoiler
    Show
    I like Gajeel. Also it's great to see a fight where the Shadow Dragon Slayer is using their power in a reasonable way.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So it's good to know that Lightning+Fire is the same as Shadow+Iron. This makes sense...I guess.

Either way, this was an ok chapter. Gajeel's basically my favorite character so I am ok with this.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I think it might not just be flame + lightning is the same as iron + shadow. I personally think that dragon slayers (Maybe only 1st and 3rd gen?) will be able to eat ANY type of elemental magic if they are skilled enough. Only it will cause them to be incredibly sick afterwords. Just like Natsu and Etherion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So it's good to know that Lightning+Fire is the same as Shadow+Iron. This makes sense...I guess.

Either way, this was an ok chapter. Gajeel's basically my favorite character so I am ok with this.
    Uhm... I don't quite see how it makes sense but I'm not like.. totally opposed to it either.

Hm... it took me a long while to not hate, Gajeel...

Anyway, now we have Logia users in FT... I guess. And more split personality. Wait, I just recall something! Zeref! Not "cuddle me Zeref" from Tenryou but Jellal-possessing Zeref from way back in the beginning. Or part of Zeref or whatever that was in the end. Or is Rogue really just nuts? (And apparently Gajeel remembers... stuff. Well, I'd assume Rogue looks a lot different than as a kid(?)
    "What's done is done."

13. - Top - End - #463
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DarkEternal View Post
    Honestly, my post was meant as a joke. I enjoy the anime, I really do. It's one of the rare series that I want to watch but it manages to piss me off in every arc because it sabotages itself(Edolas arc for instance), not to mention that I really, really don't like Natsu and the fact he has to do every damn thing in the end. I know that's the curse of main characters, but not when you are supposed to be that much weaker than your opponent to have some plot driven secret power awaken within you and magically you can always prevail on power of getting "really super angry".
    Well, even though Lucy looks like the protagonist, Natsu is the real one. and in the tradition of shounen he is a determinator where the determinator archetype is actually built into his power. It works like this: quite like the power (heat) of a fire is dependant of the amount of oxygen and fuel present, the power of Natsu waxes and wanes with his emotions (like emotions relating to fanning to littleler or greater effect of his inner fire so to speak). He often starts out weak (no strong emotions or convictions), but in the fight build a certain hype related to emotions and an according increase in power. And Natsu is not alone: it's true for all the dragonslayers courtesy of the magic itself. Then there is the eating other elements crap which is fishy at best (first: no other elements, later on, just eat, might get stomachache but you will get through that).

For the rest I hope you are speaking the truth about you joking, because the guild=sect explanation is a slippery slope at best

My personal favorite moments were the moments Makarov or the first got some action with Fairy Law. The moment Makarov laid that one down on Phantom Steed was freaking awesome. the elegance in it is the restriction it carries: yes it's styupidly powerful, but the catch is that you have to see the other person as an absolute enemy to use it (and otherwise not harming the other persons). any feeling of compassion for the other person ruins the spell which implies you need control of your emotions (inverted dragon slayer magic?) and power. and let's not talk about the vast power reserves you need. I mean compared to my other guilty pleasures in manga (Naruto and Bleach) Natsu is actually well constructed (not wihtout his flaws) instead of just having the power of denial like "No, I win whatever". it's more like "I am way more pissed off at you then you are at me so my motivation made magic beats you to crap. It is also highlighted in the S-class exam arc by Gildartz where he states that Natsu is nowhere near stable and resourceful enough without resorting to his specialty: collateral damage and brute force.

anyway, new chapter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I like Gajeel having his 15 minutes of fame. I get the impression that though he is older then Natsu (or at least more adult and grown up), he really looks up to Natsu when it comes to stuff and techniques. I think the move of just eating the shadow will make a great plotpoint in the manga into discovering the workings of DS magic. As for (evil) Lucy, I'm gonna ignore her for now, as well as the princess. Also, trollol natsu playing with the army
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Anyway, now we have Logia users in FT... I guess. And more split personality. Wait, I just recall something! Zeref! Not "cuddle me Zeref" from Tenryou but Jellal-possessing Zeref from way back in the beginning. Or part of Zeref or whatever that was in the end. Or is Rogue really just nuts? (And apparently Gajeel remembers... stuff. Well, I'd assume Rogue looks a lot different than as a kid(?)
    That ghost was Ultear pretending to be Zeref. And Jellal just being crazy. So no possessing ghost to carry over till now.

15. - Top - End - #465

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Well, even though Lucy looks like the protagonist, Natsu is the real one. and in the tradition of shounen he is a determinator where the determinator archetype is actually built into his power. It works like this: quite like the power (heat) of a fire is dependant of the amount of oxygen and fuel present, the power of Natsu waxes and wanes with his emotions (like emotions relating to fanning to littleler or greater effect of his inner fire so to speak). He often starts out weak (no strong emotions or convictions), but in the fight build a certain hype related to emotions and an according increase in power. And Natsu is not alone: it's true for all the dragonslayers courtesy of the magic itself. Then there is the eating other elements crap which is fishy at best (first: no other elements, later on, just eat, might get stomachache but you will get through that).

For the rest I hope you are speaking the truth about you joking, because the guild=sect explanation is a slippery slope at best

My personal favorite moments were the moments Makarov or the first got some action with Fairy Law. The moment Makarov laid that one down on Phantom Steed was freaking awesome. the elegance in it is the restriction it carries: yes it's styupidly powerful, but the catch is that you have to see the other person as an absolute enemy to use it (and otherwise not harming the other persons). any feeling of compassion for the other person ruins the spell which implies you need control of your emotions (inverted dragon slayer magic?) and power. and let's not talk about the vast power reserves you need. I mean compared to my other guilty pleasures in manga (Naruto and Bleach) Natsu is actually well constructed (not wihtout his flaws) instead of just having the power of denial like "No, I win whatever". it's more like "I am way more pissed off at you then you are at me so my motivation made magic beats you to crap. It is also highlighted in the S-class exam arc by Gildartz where he states that Natsu is nowhere near stable and resourceful enough without resorting to his specialty: collateral damage and brute force.

Of course it was a joke. For the most part. Gonna use spoilers for next stuff, just in case

Spoiler
    Show
    Like I said, I just dislike the fact that he manages to beat stuff way out of his league even when everyone plus himself lost to it(fight against Laxus comes to mind. I don't even want to mention how he managed to even lay a hand on Hades), plus that when they got really, really beaten up - every single one of them is all good and proper in like the next scene (again, the entire Grimoire Heart comes to mind, Erza's fight against Akuma being the leader in this regard, when she pretty much gets devastated in every regard, using the last bits of strength to win an epic fight, only to participate in other fights like minutes later.

Also, when I was speaking of sabotaging itself, the moment that made me roll eyes literally was the fact that Lisanna wasn't dead. It ruined so many stuff, even if I like the character. It ruined Natsu, it ESPECIALLY ruined Elfman and Mirajane turning them from people that dealt with their tragedies by becoming completelly different characters into random mentally challenged guy who screams man all the time and a timid kick ass wizard. Also the fact that everything seems alright in the end. In Edolas, defeating what is practically a nazi leader who wanted to stomp out all others so he could prevail is great, but you know what? He wasn't such a bad guy apparently considering the reactions of the world afterwards. Not even going into the Jellal business.

This could again be my gripe against the entire genre where absolute douchebags in a fight are viewed as sympathetic, and sometimes even allies afterwards. Gajeel would classify here as well, considering what he did in that early arc. This is what I really liked in One Piece. Villains are villains. They are not "nice" people under all that grime and filth.

But yeah, I might be ranting. These things I'm saying are what I dont' like. There are countless things that I do like, though. Like the music, most of the characters, the warm fuzzy feelings when they all stick together and so on. You might see that a lot of my gripes come in Edolas arc, which is one I had the most problems with, probably. But there are others too.
    Last edited by DarkEternal; 2013-02-08 at 11:51 AM.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

I'm shocked, no comment on the new chapter?!

Spoiler
    Show

Gajeel beats the living sh...adow out of Rogue and somehow Frosch (I'll just call him that now) gets on the battle field to interfere. Okay, so... when will we learn what the shadow is? Probably in the next arc or something.

And Arcadios apparently does not only have so much authority he walks past soldiers who know he was charged for rebellion, he also thinks the princess is lying about...? The dragons? What Lucy told them? Something like that.
    "What's done is done."

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

I'm shocked, no comment on the new chapter?!

Spoiler
    Show

Gajeel beats the living sh...adow out of Rogue and somehow Frosch (I'll just call him that now) gets on the battle field to interfere. Okay, so... when will we learn what the shadow is? Probably in the next arc or something.

And Arcadios apparently does not only have so much authority he walks past soldiers who know he was charged for rebellion, he also thinks the princess is lying about...? The dragons? What Lucy told them? Something like that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I honestly liked the Gajeel fight, fairly interesting and it adds another level of dragonslayer abilities. I do wonder if they can choose to absorb any two elements eventually or only iron/shadow and flame/lightning.

The guards also are probably pretty intimidated judging by their reaction. Also they might sense something is strange about having to arrest one of their top knights for almost no good reason.

On the princess lying, well personally I am not sure on that. But here are some facts from rereading the previous chapters.

Future Lucy: Claims to have come from the future to prevent the 10k dragons from ravaging everything. Claims to have come back on the 4th this year. Has magic similar to Zeref's for some reason. Has been shown crying almost every scene. Believes that other Fairy Tail members wouldn't believe her story (Sure its farfetched but that still seems odd). Claims to not have a plan to stop the dragons

Princess: Claims that Future Lucy told her about Eclipse 2. Claims that future lucy came from at least 7 years ago. Can open eclipse even though it was stated that you need a celestial spirit wizard to do so. She apparently can do it with just the keys though.

Jellal: Thinks there is something wrong with what Future Lucy told him and believes that it is more likely that Lucy is a fake/lying.

Arcadios: Believes the princess is lying and apparently wasn't really told of the Eclipse 2 plan. Also wasn't told that the eclipse is already opened... Otherwise he wouldn't of tried to sacrifice himself to save Lucy and Yukino from the lava. Also calls Zeref "Lord Zeref". Claims that Zeref is the root of all the problems in the world. He can't be trusted EITHER. Also from here: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy...6/c279/26.html apparently it requires the sacrifice of a girls life to open the eclipse gate. Why could the princess do it so easily?

Not sure what conclusions to draw on. Right now I don't trust EITHER Of them. Future Lucy still has Zeref's magic for an unexplained reason and the Princess doesn't particularly seem trustworthy. She isn't telling her trusted advisors the full story and she hasn't actually explained the unlikely outcome.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I honestly liked the Gajeel fight, fairly interesting and it adds another level of dragonslayer abilities. I do wonder if they can choose to absorb any two elements eventually or only iron/shadow and flame/lightning.

The guards also are probably pretty intimidated judging by their reaction. Also they might sense something is strange about having to arrest one of their top knights for almost no good reason.

On the princess lying, well personally I am not sure on that. But here are some facts from rereading the previous chapters.

Future Lucy: Claims to have come from the future to prevent the 10k dragons from ravaging everything. Claims to have come back on the 4th this year. Has magic similar to Zeref's for some reason. Has been shown crying almost every scene. Believes that other Fairy Tail members wouldn't believe her story (Sure its farfetched but that still seems odd). Claims to not have a plan to stop the dragons

Princess: Claims that Future Lucy told her about Eclipse 2. Claims that future lucy came from at least 7 years ago. Can open eclipse even though it was stated that you need a celestial spirit wizard to do so. She apparently can do it with just the keys though.

Jellal: Thinks there is something wrong with what Future Lucy told him and believes that it is more likely that Lucy is a fake/lying.

Arcadios: Believes the princess is lying and apparently wasn't really told of the Eclipse 2 plan. Also wasn't told that the eclipse is already opened... Otherwise he wouldn't of tried to sacrifice himself to save Lucy and Yukino from the lava. Also calls Zeref "Lord Zeref". Claims that Zeref is the root of all the problems in the world. He can't be trusted EITHER. Also from here: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy...6/c279/26.html apparently it requires the sacrifice of a girls life to open the eclipse gate. Why could the princess do it so easily?

Not sure what conclusions to draw on. Right now I don't trust EITHER Of them. Future Lucy still has Zeref's magic for an unexplained reason and the Princess doesn't particularly seem trustworthy. She isn't telling her trusted advisors the full story and she hasn't actually explained the unlikely outcome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think it is interesting that we are getting the first hints of what seems to be an intriguing plotline, but we'll have to see how it turns out.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

Must say im a bit disapointed in the latest anime regarding how little real attention the Laxus/Raven Tail fight got, considereng how much potential that showdown had.

And im even annoyed that they instead chose to put the fokus into Wendy's fight
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

20. - Top - End - #470
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Must say im a bit disapointed in the latest anime regarding how little real attention the Laxus/Raven Tail fight got, considereng how much potential that showdown had.

And im even annoyed that they instead chose to put the fokus into Wendy's fight
    But...isn't that more or less how it actually happened in the manga?

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    They both got about equal attention. Though Wendy's was a longer more glossed over fight where as Laxus's was pretty much a curb stomp that we got to see all off.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

I am mostly thinking in the quality of the animation, though i would have liked to see it fleshed out a bit more like with Erza's monster fight.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, maybe they could have shown more of Laxus fight but for the most part Laxus runs around fast and throws lightnings... I don't feel it's that much of a loss. (Nothing against Laxus, it just doesn't bug me)

New chapter bla
    Spoiler
    Show

Rather underwhelming... three or fours pages wasted on images of the characters at the beginning, one page of Erza getting beaten up some more, and then build up for Yura vs Laxus.
    Yeah, people will bitch again about how Orca was build up as a super strong member of ST but... we really didn't see much. He's probably just a glass cannon... high damage, no defense. Or Yura is just that badass. And he takes Laxus too lightly, hehe.

Also, teaser for the next arc with the Top 4 Saints?
    "What's done is done."

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Reading Fairy Tail is like eating a bowl of ice cream.

It's really good, but then we start eating too fast and get brain freeze from rushing.

25. - Top - End - #475

Okay, maybe they could have shown more of Laxus fight but for the most part Laxus runs around fast and throws lightnings... I don't feel it's that much of a loss. (Nothing against Laxus, it just doesn't bug me)

New chapter bla
    Spoiler
    Show

Rather underwhelming... three or fours pages wasted on images of the characters at the beginning, one page of Erza getting beaten up some more, and then build up for Yura vs Laxus.
    Yeah, people will bitch again about how Orca was build up as a super strong member of ST but... we really didn't see much. He's probably just a glass cannon... high damage, no defense. Or Yura is just that badass. And he takes Laxus too lightly, hehe.

Also, teaser for the next arc with the Top 4 Saints?
    Chapter Spoilers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Honestly, with how the rest of Sabertooth's been presented, I wasn't all together surprised when their Thunder God Slayer god one shot. It's almost like the team as a whole has been built up relatively poorly, thus turning what could be a "oh **** wow Jura really IS strong" into a "Welp, guess we won't get to see black colored lightning in this fight. That's...a thing"

I do like the hint towards the four saints, and feel like it might be important. I want one of them to be the Kamatachi wizard from the first arc, just because he said he'd be back and he hasn't been back and I want him to be back so I can pretend Fairy Tail has good writing like it used to.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

The last page is cool visually but I hate the words. They are poison.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Troll in the Playground

I saw that coming a mile away. Ogra may be powerful sure, but Jura was ludicriously more powerful during the MPF and power is Ogra's whole thing. If your opponent can overpower your main strength you don't have much of a chance.

Laxus might have more of a chance if he can be faster than Jura. Just like with Jellal got a couple of hits on Jura by simply being quick.

I am going to predict that Jura beats Laxus here, but Laxus putting up a good fight and weakening Jura by a good deal.

Gray and Juiva will beat Lyon and Sky God Slayer (I can never remember her name) by using Unison raid or something similar.

Erza will but up a good effort but lose to Minerva as Erza is just too injured to actually win that fight.

Then we get a big brawl between, Gray, Juvia Gajeel, versus Jura versus Minerva and Sting. And in that fight it looks like Fairy Tail actually has the disadvantage depending on how hurt Jura and Minerva are as Sting is pretty much unhurt and completely fresh.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

The last page is cool visually but I hate the words. They are poison.
    I kinda liked the new chapter, though i didnt find the words as poisoned as confusing, guess i found a bad translation :P

29. - Top - End - #479

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    I saw that coming a mile away. Ogra may be powerful sure, but Jura was ludicriously more powerful during the MPF and power is Ogra's whole thing. If your opponent can overpower your main strength you don't have much of a chance.

Laxus might have more of a chance if he can be faster than Jura. Just like with Jellal got a couple of hits on Jura by simply being quick.

I am going to predict that Jura beats Laxus here, but Laxus putting up a good fight and weakening Jura by a good deal.

Gray and Juiva will beat Lyon and Sky God Slayer (I can never remember her name) by using Unison raid or something similar.

Erza will but up a good effort but lose to Minerva as Erza is just too injured to actually win that fight.

Then we get a big brawl between, Gray, Juvia Gajeel, versus Jura versus Minerva and Sting. And in that fight it looks like Fairy Tail actually has the disadvantage depending on how hurt Jura and Minerva are as Sting is pretty much unhurt and completely fresh.
    Ah, but that would require Erza actually losing. I...don't think we'll see that. However! It would be interesting if it did, though considering Minerva intends to legit kill her, also pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I kinda liked the new chapter, though i didnt find the words as poisoned as confusing, guess i found a bad translation :P
    Long story short it's "Skill is useless because friendship makes you stronger"

Things like that are terrible and make me long for the days when Natsu, powered with all his friends and his desire and burning passion, SURRENDERED to Glidartz, because he knew on a pure skill level he could NOT beat him.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

Long story short it's "Skill is useless because friendship makes you stronger"

Things like that are terrible and make me long for the days when Natsu, powered with all his friends and his desire and burning passion, SURRENDERED to Glidartz, because he knew on a pure skill level he could NOT beat him.
    As opposed to not an entire arc later when Erza powered up and won with the same thing?

Also hasn't Laxus been long implied to have been held back primarily because of his bad attitude. Correct that and I'd call it fair he can fight a guy like Jura.