New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail II: Second Generation Thread Slayers

Wow going along nicely when suddenly this turned into an issue of Negima.

Not that I disapprove... lol.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Colossus in the Playground

...okay, so, Motherglare is a STUPID name for a dragon, but at least she has a nifty kind of function. She creatures Dragonkin!

..................ZIRCONUS. WHEN DID YOU BECOME THAT RABBIT DUDE FROM RAVE MASTER. DOES THAT MEAN WENDY IS GOING TO TEAR HER BRA OFF DECLARING SHE'S A DRAGONWARRIOR DRAGON SLAYER BEFORE SHE'S A WOMEN?

I...I MEAN....I mean...the rabbit dude fight against Julia was one of my favorite fights in Rave Master, since it showed that Julia was such a badass dragon lady that she didn't care about being naked, she was a warrior first. But...having it show up again, as an actually serious threat, it's really WEIRD.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Titan in the Playground

Well nobody ever accused Hiro of being too creative I think.

And this chapter did feature Blue Pegasus so seriousness was unlikely to start.

Also so help me am I reading this right but if Zilconis is 'using magic' that's saying means we haven't seen his actual dragon abilities yet right?

4. - Top - End - #814

Unless Jade has special, cloths destroying properties, my guess is that Zirconis is just using a "cloths destroy" spell, and the implication is that dragons can, in addition to their draconic powers, also cast magic.

But then again, just because he's "The Jade Dragon" doesn't mean his dragon slayer HAAAS to be "The Jade Dragon Slayer". For all we know, his variant of dragon slayer magic is like, Mineral based, which would help explain how he could destroy the cloths.

But until we actually get a 100% clear explanation, we won't know for sure.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2013-05-10 at 09:36 AM.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

This reminds me of the final episode of Full Metal Panic Fumoffu.

I wonder if the chemical agent involved in that series is what Zirconis breathed on them.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Oh no. We did NOT just go there.

Great, now we have a dragon whose power is to create fan-service at-will. Weeee. Is it to late to exchange him with another one from the gate ? And of course he's fighting the only female dragonslayer, I mean, why the hell not, right ? *insert headdesk giff of your choice here*

Speaking of happy coincidence, wasn't it nice of them to give the non-dragonslayers something to do besides thwirling their thumbs ?
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Macros View Post

Great, now we have a dragon whose power is to create fan-service at-will. Weeee. Is it to late to exchange him with another one from the gate ? And of course he's fighting the only female dragonslayer, I mean, why the hell not, right ? *insert headdesk giff of your choice here*

Speaking of happy coincidence, wasn't it nice of them to give the non-dragonslayers something to do besides thwirling their thumbs ?
    Well, considering the crackdown on lolicon in Japan, I doubt very much if Wendy is going to get de-clothefied.

Is that a word? You know what, it is now, I just made it one!

Anyway, I doubt that's the limit of Zirconus' power. He probably has some kind of ability to 'remove' or 'reduce' things, and is just abusing it.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

8. - Top - End - #818

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Well, considering the crackdown on lolicon in Japan, I doubt very much if Wendy is going to get de-clothefied.

Anyway, I doubt that's the limit of Zirconus' power. He probably has some kind of ability to 'remove' or 'reduce' things, and is just abusing it.
    According to my research, Jade can mean "2.A bad-tempered or disreputable woman" so...I guess if he could strip cloths off it'd be fitting!

In a more spiritual sense, Jade symbolizes love and stuff. So...not very fitting unless you have a very warped sense of love. It also symbolizes protection of the organs, which works IF YOU REVERSE IT, but that's stretching it so, so much.

EDIT: Additionally, since his name is Zirconis, which is derived from zircon, which is commonly found in like, fake diamonds and stuff (cubix zirconia) it could mean he's a FAKE Jade Dragon.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2013-05-10 at 04:24 PM.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Macros View Post

Would it sound incredibly ahem... jaded... if I said I'd consider that less exploitive and fanservice-y then the moe moe fight between Wendy and Chelia.

Maybe after the Mahora Festival and Dog Days I just can't get worked up over one fight out of seven.

I mean naked girls in an anime? What a surprising occurrence. At least this one started with naked dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post

Don't know about words but there's a trope for that.

10. - Top - End - #820

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Would it sound incredibly ahem... jaded... if I said I'd consider that less exploitive and fanservice-y then the moe moe fight between Wendy and Chelia.

Maybe after the Mahora Festival and Dog Days I just can't get worked up over one fight out of seven.

I mean naked girls in an anime? What a surprising occurrence. At least this one started with naked dudes.
    After Wendy and Chelia's fight, this is basically nothing, so don't feel too bad

ALSO! THEORY CRAFT: Zirconis is a Zirconia Jade Dragon, so his magic is the inverse of a regular Jade dragon. Based on spiritual meanings, the Jade Dragon would have buff spells, as would his dragon slayer (much like how Wendy is a heal dragon). As a result, Zirconis, being a reversed version of a Jade Dragon, would therefor be a DEBUFF dragon. So his removal of cloths is just taking debuffing the opponent to the natural conclusion, full on armour destruction.

Alternate Theory: Zironis is taking "Buff" a bit too literally here.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2013-05-10 at 07:19 PM.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Troll in the Playground

I actually was honestly pleasantly surprised when all of the men got zapped and none of the women did.

And then Lucy got zapped, which I suppose isn't a surprise because, you know, Lucy.

I'm still holding out hope that that's actually going to be the end of it, but I think I'll probably have to settle for Wendy being a badass.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know what you are talking about. I have never before seen a naked person in an anime... Especially not Fariy Tail.....

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    ALSO! THEORY CRAFT: Zirconis is a Zirconia Jade Dragon, so his magic is the inverse of a regular Jade dragon. Based on spiritual meanings, the Jade Dragon would have buff spells, as would his dragon slayer (much like how Wendy is a heal dragon). As a result, Zirconis, being a reversed version of a Jade Dragon, would therefor be a DEBUFF dragon. So his removal of cloths is just taking debuffing the opponent to the natural conclusion, full on armour destruction.
    Seems reasonable but when did "Jade" become "Buff"? I think that's the first I hear of it. But otherwise it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    And then Lucy got zapped, which I suppose isn't a surprise because, you know, Lucy.

I'm still holding out hope that that's actually going to be the end of it, but I think I'll probably have to settle for Wendy being a badass.
    Yeah, it's Lucy... did she go through any arc without clothing damage so far?

Also, I'll agree on Wendy probably not getting stripped... On the one hand Hiro doesn't really seem to be into Lolicon and on the other hand it would make for a pretty weird fight... Though, Medic vs Saboteur is already kind of unusual. (And now people will hate me for referencing that game)
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

The one time Wendy got stripped, it was as part of a teleportation and seemed more like a little bit of self-referential humor.

...as for the dragon stripping people... well, I've always made the joke that dragons (or evil ones at least) bear more than a passing resemblance to Hutts in that area.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #824

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Seems reasonable but when did "Jade" become "Buff"? I think that's the first I hear of it. But otherwise it makes sense.
    The spiritual meaning for Jade is that it's a stone of protection, specifically concerning the internal organs. I'm just playing around with that idea, turning it into a Buffing dragon.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Troll in the Playground

The spiritual meaning for Jade is that it's a stone of protection, specifically concerning the internal organs. I'm just playing around with that idea, turning it into a Buffing dragon.
    Well it does make a certain ironic sense that the debuffing dragon would leave people in the buff
    Truth resists simplicity.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Titan in the Playground

New chapter out.

Spoiler
    Show

And im actualy positively surprised, it does turn out that even when you hit Dragons with DS magic it only makes them annoyed. And to make things even better it seems like the problem might be solved by creative thinking for once.

Also, naked Lucy was funny this time, and Natsu's solution to the "covering up" problem was hilarious
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

17. - Top - End - #827
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

New Chapter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    And Wendy does decent, Natsu comes up with a crazy strategy, and Jellal saves Erza.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    New Chapter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    And Wendy does decent, Natsu comes up with a crazy strategy, and Jellal saves Erza.
    Spoiler
    Show

A crazy atrategy to protect Lucy's innocence?
    But yeah, that was kind of entertaining. That's a pretty good example of how Fairy Tail's blatant fansrvice really is just another part of the big joke most of the story is.
    (I wonder what would happen if I ran around naked and told people "It's a dragon's fault!")

Erza getting saved was... no real surprise... Milliana showing up... a little. But if she seriously decides to fight him now... Urgh.

I'd guess Natsu's plan (since Lucy said something about being eaten) is to eat the fire one but I have no idea where he's going from there.

Also, any idea how the diary may be useful?
    "What's done is done."

19. - Top - End - #829

Spoilers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Natsu's plan is to get eaten, and then kill them from inside by beating up their organs.

Natsu's plan is to GET EATEN.

I am calling it right here, his plan is to get eaten.

Aaaanyway, although I do find Lucy quite attractive, and the later half of the chapter was all fun silly fanservice, WOW THAT SCENE OF ZIRCONIS GOING TO EAT HER WAS CREEPY. Because that's what Fairy Tail needs, more rape analogs. Never mind what Sabertooth's leader did to that one chick, this is in a whole nother level.

However, it's nice to see Erza isn't completely invincible and mega super awesome, and that Wendy is actually able to atleast mess up Zirconis a bit. The dragons are actually a rather credible threat. Roguesting not so much since, being stronger then he was at the tournament is literally saying nothing, given how hard Natsu curb stomped them BOTH. But yha, the dragons are threatening.

The diary will probably not be useful until like, later on, when they have to deal with Stingrogue.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Titan in the Playground

I found this chapter far more hilarious then I probably should have.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Spoilers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Natsu's plan is to get eaten, and then kill them from inside by beating up their organs.

Natsu's plan is to GET EATEN.

I am calling it right here, his plan is to get eaten.

Aaaanyway, although I do find Lucy quite attractive, and the later half of the chapter was all fun silly fanservice, WOW THAT SCENE OF ZIRCONIS GOING TO EAT HER WAS CREEPY. Because that's what Fairy Tail needs, more rape analogs. Never mind what Sabertooth's leader did to that one chick, this is in a whole nother level.

However, it's nice to see Erza isn't completely invincible and mega super awesome, and that Wendy is actually able to atleast mess up Zirconis a bit. The dragons are actually a rather credible threat. Roguesting not so much since, being stronger then he was at the tournament is literally saying nothing, given how hard Natsu curb stomped them BOTH. But yha, the dragons are threatening.

The diary will probably not be useful until like, later on, when they have to deal with Stingrogue.
    I second this and...
    Spoiler
    Show
    It must be the fire dragon that does this, just so we see a scene where it thinks its being intimidating by taking down one of the dragonslayers before a few fairy tail wizards remind each other what Natsu's speciality is and we see the dragon finally realising its literally bitten more than it can handle!

22. - Top - End - #832

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    I second this and...
    Spoiler
    Show
    It must be the fire dragon that does this, just so we see a scene where it thinks its being intimidating by taking down one of the dragonslayers before a few fairy tail wizards remind each other what Natsu's speciality is and we see the dragon finally realising its literally bitten more than it can handle!
    My personal guess is that
    Spoiler
    Show
    Natsu will eat Atlas Flame's heart, and everyone will go find a dragon that matches their ability and then procede to go into it, and devour it's heart to get stronger. Somewhat fitting this, assuming Zirconis is the buff dragon like I suspected, Wendy will become more of a white mage! Either that or wind magic blew the cloths off, which will increase her power anyway. Point is, everyone's gonna eat a heart.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Titan in the Playground

Well, Lucy is supposed to be attractive... And I really wouldn't say "eating people alive" is worse than what happened to Yukino... Though the "clothes are disgusting" bit makes it worse than it needs to be.

I'm not sure about the theory... it's seems too gruesome for Fairy Tail... by a lot.
    "What's done is done."

24. - Top - End - #834

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Well, Lucy is supposed to be attractive... And I really wouldn't say "eating people alive" is worse than what happened to Yukino... Though the "clothes are disgusting" bit makes it worse than it needs to be.

I'm not sure about the theory... it's seems too gruesome for Fairy Tail... by a lot.
    Well, the imagery for Zirconis eating Lucy is essentially one of...violation. Yukino got humiliated infront of everyone we knows and, presumably, loves. But Lucy was gonna get the equivalent of rape. Right after watching her (future) self die.

But yes, Lucy certainly is attractive, and as a women me saying that means something

At any rate, though I DO admit that my theory is really gruesome, I think that since it's with these dragons, such horrible monsters, that it'll be done. Dragon's are all about hearts and eating them, after all.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Titan in the Playground

This doesnt make sense at all, how can being humiliated in any way be compared to a painfull but quick death?

Well, the imagery for Zirconis eating Lucy is essentially one of...violation. Yukino got humiliated infront of everyone we knows and, presumably, loves. But Lucy was gonna get the equivalent of rape. Right after watching her (future) self die.
    Didnt you mean "she knows" here?
    Anyway, Zirconis was planning to eat Lucy, i cant see how it can be confused with rape, and it is for that matter also a much worse thing.

At any rate, though I DO admit that my theory is really gruesome, I think that since it's with these dragons, such horrible monsters, that it'll be done. Dragon's are all about hearts and eating them, after all.
    Depends on the dragon, but im a 100% sure Kato had the right on this one, its far to gruesome for FT. Also, when was the last time FT even killed someone?

26. - Top - End - #836

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    This doesnt make sense at all, how can being humiliated in any way be compared to a painfull but quick death?

Didnt you mean "she knows" here?
    Anyway, Zirconis was planning to eat Lucy, i cant see how it can be confused with rape, and it is for that matter also a much worse thing.

Depends on the dragon, but im a 100% sure Kato had the right on this one, its far to gruesome for FT. Also, when was the last time FT even killed someone?
    Maybe I'm just projecting with that first part.

Yes, I did, sorry

I know Fairy Tail hasn't actually killed anyone, but it...just seems like something that'd happen. Well, we'll see where it goes.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Titan in the Playground

Well, i honestly find it more likely that all the guilds will feed magical energy to the DS's, making them enter DF

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

I found the Zilconis bit to be creepy as hell. Dragon eating naked girl... no, it's not rape. Yes, it's very rapey.

Anyway, my first thought about Natsu's plan was the whole "get eaten and beat them from the inside" bit. Then I thought, "Or, it could be to eat the dragons." Do we know what elements the different dragons are?

Zilconis: Air-based (presumably)
    Atlas Flame: Fire-based (duh)
    But what about the others?

29. - Top - End - #839

We know one of them is an earth dragon, and Mother...whatever, the one that spawns the metallic dragonspawn, is probably metal to some degree.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah I'm sorry folks but honestly you all need to get out more if merely grasped by a giant hand is "rapey" to you.

This scene has probably the least amount of sexual tension in it I've ever seen involving a naked female. Seriously I think if Lucy had been nonchalant it would have been more charged. Its not that I don't understand were the idea comes from, but for me this scene get into "you can NEVER use a naked woman for comedy" level standard. And I well... don't agree... with that since frankly I think it leads fairly directly into treating women like fragile little flowers to be protected from all damage. (Something FT is 'better' at then most Japanese stuff letting Erza both give and take beatings for example.)

....at least the dragon bits, you want to talk about what Lucy and Natsu looks like.. yeah there sex comedy, service, and ship tease seemed to be the point.

And since I don't want to get an argument I've had before going I've said my two bits and won't respond to any posts in response to this, hoping we can move along once everyone states their opinions.