New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail II: Second Generation Thread Slayers

Well, chapter has been up for a while now but for the sake of completion...

Spoiler
    Show

Interesting stuff happening... I almost feel like trusting Mr White Knight there.
    But the Minister is right, one does not simply travel to the past and mess with it.

Though, good chance everyone who supposedly dies at the end just make a quick hop through time.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

2. - Top - End - #122
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm just really excited for Acnologia showing up again. Acnologia spits in the face of friendship power, and his spit is apocolypse breath. The way he just completely interrupted their friendship speech last arc basically made me love him as a villian.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

It was actualy a quite interesting chapter, and while the minister is apperently one of the only sensible people around, then i still suspect his effords will be in vain, and the machine activated, so that next chapter is going to send the main cast back to the past.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

4. - Top - End - #124

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    It was actualy a quite interesting chapter, and while the minister is apperently one of the only sensible people around, then i still suspect his effords will be in vain, and the machine activated, so that next chapter is going to send the main cast back to the past.
    We're going to get into one big time loop aren't we, where it turns out like..Natsu and pals ARE their dragons, but they just forgot when they went into human form for some reason.

I also actually really hope we find out some more about Godslayer magic, if only because I liked the Firegod Slayer (even if he did get COMPLETELY punked by Natsu in a really stupid fight).

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, slow down. Next chapter? The finale is like... three days off(?) Give the Manga some time, pal

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    We're going to get into one big time loop aren't we, where it turns out like..Natsu and pals ARE their dragons, but they just forgot when they went into human form for some reason.
    I really don't like the dragons are humans" theories... While Acnologia kind of supports it, Jade made a big deal out of it so I don't think we will have some great reveal about any dragon being their slayer... Or at least I hope not.
    "What's done is done."

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

I think we already have proof they went back in time because Zeref recognized Natsu. And that's going to be the time loop.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #127

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    I think we already have proof they went back in time because Zeref recognized Natsu. And that's going to be the time loop.
    Of course this also fits my theory that their dragon teachers are infact their "true forms" and that Zeref/Acnologia turned them into humans somehow.

I'm not going to commit to any theory though. I gave up trying to predict what would happen when I kept on saying "that kamaitachi guy from the Erza introduction arc is going to show up again" and he never did.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

But he also said Natsu had really grown which wouldn't make sense in that case.

If the slayers are their dragons the fire and sky dragons conversation would be abit strange what with the sky talking about how she hoped Wendy and Natsu would get along. Unless Gran was just trying to annoy him

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post

If the slayers are their dragons the fire and sky dragons conversation would be abit strange what with the sky talking about how she hoped Wendy and Natsu would get along. Unless Gran was just trying to annoy him
    True enough. Now I'm leaning towards just giving up on speculation and coming along for the ride.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post

After what we've seen of the Jade Dragon? I would NOT put it past the dragons to troll each other that way. I really wouldn't.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Dang, I got ninja'ed on the newest chapter...

Spoiler
    Show
    But why are the arresting Lucy, too?

And with 2 strong darkish guilds moving around in the dark, it seems like the tournament is about to be interrupted one and for all...

12. - Top - End - #132

It's a Tournament Arc. By law it has to be interrupted before it finishes.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

It's a Tournament Arc. By law it has to be interrupted before it finishes.
    DBZ only had 1 tournament arc that went unfinished... and only because Goku decided to train Uub.

Well, I guess 2, if you don't count 18 winning the tournament with the Saiyans chasing after Buu, but still.

14. - Top - End - #134

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    DBZ only had 1 tournament arc that went unfinished... and only because Goku decided to train Uub.

Well, I guess 2, if you don't count 18 winning the tournament with the Saiyans chasing after Buu, but still.
    The only tournament arc that wasn't interrupted where the ones that were held before it became a cliche. I honestly think it doesn't count if DB did it.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

The only tournament arc that wasn't interrupted where the ones that were held before it became a cliche. I honestly think it doesn't count if DB did it.
    At what point did it get cliche? ... honestly, I've lost my grasp on what that word means.

16. - Top - End - #136

At what point did it get cliche? ... honestly, I've lost my grasp on what that word means.
    Basically, by the time Dragonball Z had ITS tournament interrupt in the Buu Saga, is when it started being cliche. I think.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Basically, by the time Dragonball Z had ITS tournament interrupt in the Buu Saga, is when it started being cliche. I think.
    What about when Hercule interrupted the Cell Games?

Even -Krillin- wanted Hercule to lose.

Getting a bit back more ontopic, why is Fairy Tail seeming like such a better shonen series than most of it's current competition? One Piece I haven't gotten into the way I should (what with the primary dubbing when it came out bastardised as ****), but it beats the heck out of Bleach, and competes pretty well with Naruto, maybe even exceeds it due to lack of random bull **** haxing going on (at least as badly, if so).

Natsu is my favorie Goku reincarnation, basically.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-10-06 at 10:17 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138

That wasn't so much an interruption as a half time show. Although, I'm going to be honest, as much as we joke and laugh at Mr Satan and how utterly ridiculous he is, when it gets to that final moment, he's the one responsible for saving the world. Hell, if it weren't for the fact that certain people are EXCESSIVELY stupid, Hercule would of saved the day before Kid Buu even got a chance to show up. He's that amazing.

Speaking of which, I feel like Fairy Tail is trying to make a Hercule or Yajirobi style character with that...whats his face, the really gonkish Blue Pegasus member.

Also, in answer to your question...no. Fairy Tail, in regards to shounen, is actually one of the worst. I'd actually put it under Katekiyo Hitman Reborn of all things (it's had a really good few months).
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-10-06 at 10:20 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

That wasn't so much an interruption as a half time show.
    Tha main event hadn't even started yet, though...

Although, I'm going to be honest, as much as we joke and laugh at Mr Satan and how utterly ridiculous he is, when it gets to that final moment, he's the one responsible for saving the world. Hell, if it weren't for the fact that certain people are EXCESSIVELY stupid, Hercule would of saved the day before Kid Buu even got a chance to show up. He's that amazing.
    Actually, if it wasn't for him, Gotenks would have just had to fight Fat Buu, and he'd have just had to stall long enough for Ultimate Gohan to get the job done. So technically, Hercule made things -worse-. Though he does end up helping give Buu a new chance at life, so I suppose the genocide of the human race and the destruction of several planets and almost the afterlife is fine.

Speaking of which, I feel like Fairy Tail is trying to make a Hercule or Yajirobi style character with that...whats his face, the really gonkish Blue Pegasus member.
    Better than being a member of Yamcha's guild Quatro Puppy.

Also, in answer to your question...no. Fairy Tail, in regards to shounen, is actually one of the worst. I'd actually put it under Katekiyo Hitman Reborn of all things (it's had a really good few months).
    Huh. Maybe I just don't know my shonen. But what's wrong with Fairy Tail?

20. - Top - End - #140

Actually, if it wasn't for him, Gotenks would have just had to fight Fat Buu, and he'd have just had to stall long enough for Ultimate Gohan to get the job done. So technically, Hercule made things -worse-. Though he does end up helping give Buu a new chance at life, so I suppose the genocide of the human race and the destruction of several planets and almost the afterlife is fine.

Better than being a member of Yamcha's guild Quatro Puppy.

Huh. Maybe I just don't know my shonen. But what's wrong with Fairy Tail?
    Ah, but you see, if it weren't for some random dudes with bazooka's, Gotenks wouldn't of even been needed. Hercule managed to convince Fat Buu that killing was wrong, and with the help of that puppy they found, they showed Buu what love and happiness is all about. Then Hercule nearly dies, and the puppy gets killed, because of some hillbillies and their bazooka, trying to kill the big ole "evil pink monster". This leads to Evil Buu being expelled from Fat Buu.

Elfman really should of done something a LOT more devestation to Bacchus then that. That fight also should of been MUCH longer and better then it was. Elfman is my favorite character.

The problem with Natsu is that he's generic and overpowered. He's only really lost once, and that was againest Gildartz, and he lost so hard he didn't even GET to fight. That was Natsu's best scene. He see's Gildartz is his challange, he rushes headlong into him twice, and gets beat back twice, and then collapses and accepts his defeat.

After that we have Natsu somehoe just eating God Slayer flames, somehow becoming stronger then he should be. And lets not even get into the Sting and Rogue fight, where he single handidly warfed people who appeared to be the MAIN VILLIANS OF THE ARC. Basically, Natsu is everything wrong with the "super powered main character" archtype. He started off good, had some fantastic development with Gildartz, but then it was all thrown away.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, but you see, if it weren't for some random dudes with bazooka's, Gotenks wouldn't of even been needed. Hercule managed to convince Fat Buu that killing was wrong, and with the help of that puppy they found, they showed Buu what love and happiness is all about. Then Hercule nearly dies, and the puppy gets killed, because of some hillbillies and their bazooka, trying to kill the big ole "evil pink monster". This leads to Evil Buu being expelled from Fat Buu.

Elfman really should of done something a LOT more devestation to Bacchus then that. That fight also should of been MUCH longer and better then it was. Elfman is my favorite character.

The problem with Natsu is that he's generic and overpowered. He's only really lost once, and that was againest Gildartz, and he lost so hard he didn't even GET to fight. That was Natsu's best scene. He see's Gildartz is his challange, he rushes headlong into him twice, and gets beat back twice, and then collapses and accepts his defeat.

After that we have Natsu somehoe just eating God Slayer flames, somehow becoming stronger then he should be. And lets not even get into the Sting and Rogue fight, where he single handidly warfed people who appeared to be the MAIN VILLIANS OF THE ARC. Basically, Natsu is everything wrong with the "super powered main character" archtype. He started off good, had some fantastic development with Gildartz, but then it was all thrown away.
    Maybe it's because I don't think "I can eat fire, that's my power" should be countered with "but you can't eat this fire!" but I had no problem with Natsu kicking the godslayer's butt. Seriously, the fact that Natsu eventually figured out how to eat the black flames is the only reason I'm okay with godslayers being a thing.

And Natsu is a character that spikes high but is ultimately unreliable, and I like that about Fairy Tail. He's allowed to be the shonen hero while still not being as valuable a member of the guild as Erza or Gildartz.
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2012-10-07 at 05:30 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Honestly Ichigo from Bleach doesn't seem to be any better considering the bull he pulls right now in the Dub. Really Ichigo gets worse everytime I see him.

Eating God Slayer flames is alright in my opinion as the uneatable flames was just silly. Having Natsu struggle to eat those at all was a bad decision in my book.

Against Sting and Rouge yeah you have a good point. That was mishandled in the worst possible manner.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

I dont have a problem with the godslayer fight because if it had not been for Makarov Natsu would newer have gotten the time needet to finish off his meal, and instead be burned to ash.

I do agree on though that the Dragonslayer fight was awfull, and it came close to ruining the entire arc for me.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

I won't disagree that Hiro really should balance out Natsu's power level better but I still enjoy FT much more than Naruto. Baruto just... it tries to be serious and deep at times and it fails just utterly at it. FT doesn't try and thus it doesn't fail.
    Comparing it to OP is harder but... I think I like it a little better just because I feel OP is dragging its feet a bit at times. Some arcs can feel like they take forever if you have to read one chapter a week where FT makes me excited with just one chapter per week.
    "What's done is done."

25. - Top - End - #145

One Piece can drag a bit, yha, but god damn can it be funny. And the payoff is always worth it, atleast for me. Fairy Tail is much less exciting when it reaches ITS climaxs.

This probably has a lot to do with how much Hiro loves the Worf Effect. Look at Luxus, defeating an ENTIRE GUILD by himself. A guild that we were SUPPOSED to take as one of the main villians of the arc. They got punked out like CRAZY. Same with Natsu and Gajeel vs Sting and Rogue. They're the dragonslayers of LIGHT AND SHADOW, they're able to go DRAGONFORCE AT WILL. Natsu ruined them solo.

Also, I haven't been mentioning it because I didn't want to get into it, but as much as I want to like Erza, I HATE Erza, because that little fake funeral we see in the Tower arc is honestly kind of disgusting. "MY FRIENDS AREN'T ALLOWED TO CRY AT MY DEATH!" is a stupid, STUPID plotpoint.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Banned

Dude, Reborn takes 80 chapters to start. I mean. Wth.
    Last edited by ThiagoMartell; 2012-10-07 at 09:32 AM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Dang, I got ninja'ed on the newest chapter...

Spoiler
    Show
    But why are the arresting Lucy, too?

And with 2 strong darkish guilds moving around in the dark, it seems like the tournament is about to be interrupted one and for all...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lucy I believe has 11 of the keys and they need a Celestial Wizard with 12 keys to activate that door.

The fact that she declined to receive that last key should hold her in good stead but that uh person evidently doesn't understand he's throwing a large amount of accerlerant onto a wood pile to antagonize Natsu and we all know what Natsu is good at don't we?

My first reaction to that knight is to think he's the bad guy, that by doing this he's actually creating either Zeref or that evil dragon creature...

Now I'm wondering if the guy who arrested them has his own plans and all of this was just to give him the means of securing Lucy for whatever he has planned...

How many Celestial Wizards are left now?

Especially those with how many keys?

I be more worried about how much energy is needed to activate that door now that Natsu passed out when he did!

Regarding Natsu versus Sting & Rogue i was wondering if he retained any of the power he got frome eating the godslaying flames?

That would explain how he beat the pair of them and why he sent Gajeel away since I don't think he had that opportunity?
    Last edited by Hopeless; 2012-10-07 at 09:58 AM.

28. - Top - End - #148

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Dude, Reborn takes 80 chapters to start. I mean. Wth.
    I'll be honest, the early pure comedy Reborn was pretty funny. The shonen Reborn is pretty good, but it quickly and, quite hard, falls into a pretty bad place (Byakuren). However, recently, Tsunayoshi has been showing that he's actually grown. He's become smarter then he used to be. Like, the fight that we're having right now, it's only gone as succesfully as it has because Tsunayoshi, and no one else, came up with the plan. And that's kind of amazing. And lets not forget that one final call back to the comedy chapters that just happened, with the Final Dying Will Bullet.

Say what you will about the start and the middle of Reborn, but (assuming this is the final arc) it's going out on a good note. Better then you can say for Bleach and possibly Naruto.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lucy I believe has 11 of the keys and they need a Celestial Wizard with 12 keys to activate that door.

The fact that she declined to receive that last key should hold her in good stead but that uh person evidently doesn't understand he's throwing a large amount of accerlerant onto a wood pile to antagonize Natsu and we all know what Natsu is good at don't we?

My first reaction to that knight is to think he's the bad guy, that by doing this he's actually creating either Zeref or that evil dragon creature...

Now I'm wondering if the guy who arrested them has his own plans and all of this was just to give him the means of securing Lucy for whatever he has planned...

How many Celestial Wizards are left now?

Especially those with how many keys?

I be more worried about how much energy is needed to activate that door now that Natsu passed out when he did!

Regarding Natsu versus Sting & Rogue i was wondering if he retained any of the power he got frome eating the godslaying flames?

That would explain how he beat the pair of them and why he sent Gajeel away since I don't think he had that opportunity?
    The girl with the White Knight is, I believe, the girl with the last celestial key Lucy needs to get a full set.

And concerning how Natsu beat Sting and Rogue, he beat them "because of that special training" they did before the arc. The special magical training that just explodes their magical power completely.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

This probably has a lot to do with how much Hiro loves the Worf Effect. Look at Luxus, defeating an ENTIRE GUILD by himself. A guild that we were SUPPOSED to take as one of the main villians of the arc. They got punked out like CRAZY. Same with Natsu and Gajeel vs Sting and Rogue. They're the dragonslayers of LIGHT AND SHADOW, they're able to go DRAGONFORCE AT WILL. Natsu ruined them solo.
    Yeah, though i actualy dont think the Laxus part was quite as bad, mostly because he isnt part of the main cast, and allways have been brutaly powerfull, even being strong enough to give Hades a bit of challenge.

The girl with the White Knight is, I believe, the girl with the last celestial key Lucy needs to get a full set.

And concerning how Natsu beat Sting and Rogue, he beat them "because of that special training" they did before the arc. The special magical training that just explodes their magical power completely.
    Unfortunately its even worse than that, since if that had been the case he should also have done better earlier.
    No, he won because he wanted to win more, and the power of friendship.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Unfortunately its even worse than that, since if that had been the case he should also have done better earlier.
    No, he won because he wanted to win more, and the power of friendship.
    That's not completely true. The implication is that Natsu had been holding back the whole time to analyze the strength of his opponents. He only fought them seriously at the end. This is all n top of wanting to win more through the power of friendship, because the dragon slayer magic feeds on emotion as much as flame.
    Spoiler
    Show