New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail II: Second Generation Thread Slayers

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    I don't really understand their decision on how to split the teams, really.
    Have Natsu and MJ ever worked together before? Why couldn't they send more people along with them (say, Lisana or Levvy)?
    Wendy, Mirajane, and the cats can all be relied on to be more or less stealthy. Natsu probably insisted he come along.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    Wendy, Mirajane, and the cats can all be relied on to be more or less stealthy. Natsu probably insisted he come along.
    Don't forget the possibility Of natsu not going nuclear wyen something happens to lucy when hasn't had a chance to help. That alone will wipe the city from the map
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

3. - Top - End - #183
    Banned

Actually, isn't stealthy Shadow Gear's specialty? That's one more reason to bring in Levvy's team.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, isn't stealthy Shadow Gear's specialty? That's one more reason to bring in Levvy's team.
    Not that I would mind seeing more of Shadow Gear but when were they ever said to be stealthy?

Did I mention how much I hate the spoilers every new FT opening has? Or maybe it's just because I know what will happen but still... It seems like it gives away half the plot twists.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Anime Filler:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well they demonstrated that Natsu has 7 years to catch up on sort of like when Goku was killed and he and the others had to undergo extreme training to prepare to meet Vegeta and his henchman the first time round!
    Grandine and Edoras is explained with Wendy getting her Tome of Sky Dragon Buttkicking 2.0...
    Gildartz demonstrates the fine art of how to avoid becoming the fifth Guildmaster by readmitting Laxus and then making Makarov the sixth Guildmaster!
    An interesting episode, looks like it'll be a couple of episodes before Sabertooth gets introduced again.
    By the way was it Sting or Rogue who ate that arrow?
    So he's a Wood Dragon Slayer then?
    Explains the buttkicking he's going to get!
    Fire never loses to wood!
    Oi I had a premonition of all the bad jokes that is going to inspire!

Manga Filler:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm not thinking quite straight isn't he?
    Me upon not seeing Natsu in the fight look at the crowd if he isn't there assume he's heading off to rescue Lucy... ah well thats the advantage of a little foreknowledge isn't it?
    So Team Exceed is heading to the rescue, at least if they need a distraction they can always throw Natsu at them!!!
    Last edited by Hopeless; 2012-10-13 at 08:06 AM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    I personally completely agree with La's point on this one; you can talk about my manliness all you want, and I might be civil enough when there are witnessess to get yours stripped from you. But threatening essentially rape onto the two girls I care most about?

Elfman should have taken down the entire Yamcha Guild himself...
    Completely and utterly agreed. If someone in real life made that kind of threat I wouldn't stop beating on them until a) I was trashed into unconsciousness or b) the threat-maker had more broken bones than whole ones. Even comparing manliness or reputation to it at all is out of whack. Stating that manliness is somehow more important... that's just outright sick.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Not that I would mind seeing more of Shadow Gear but when were they ever said to be stealthy?
    I could swear I read that in the letter section, but after a bit of googling, it does not seem likely. I have no idea where I got that idea from.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Lord Khaine on the issue of Dragon Force; Do we know that it was Dragon Force itself or what Natsu ate to trigger it that actually created the major swing in power? Or that 3rd generation DS's Dragon Force operates identically other than being triggerable at will?
    Its of course true that we dont have any actualy evidence for it, but i do think the evidence is strongly pointed in that direction.
    In the case of Dragon force being the desiding factor, then i mostly belive thats the case because its the only constant in Natsu's most extreme powerups in the fights vs Zero and Gerad.

As for the 3rd generations DF being identical, then based on Maevis's reaction upon seeing it i would think so, not that it wouldnt be weird otherwise.

I think what your missing is no one, not even the other members of Fairy Tail, expected Natsu to do as well as he did. Sure Sting and Rogue got hit hard with the Worf Effect, but the point it served was to show just how freaking strong Natsu has become.
    Then i gotta ask WHY he became that strong all of a sudden, since neither Grey nor Lucy showed a growth anywhere near that groteske jump in power Natsu just took, even though they went though the same treatment.
    And you can then also ask why Gajeel seemed to pretty much his equal after just 3 months of training.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery Diamond View Post
    Completely and utterly agreed. If someone in real life made that kind of threat I wouldn't stop beating on them until a) I was trashed into unconsciousness or b) the threat-maker had more broken bones than whole ones. Even comparing manliness or reputation to it at all is out of whack. Stating that manliness is somehow more important... that's just outright sick.
    Really... not that I want to ignore the disrespect toward Mirajane and Lisanna from Bacchus side but people keeping complain he'd threatened them with rape... it was smash talk. he didn't say "I will rape them", he made a stupid bet with Elfman who was stupid enough to to just ignore him. Not that what Bacchus did was okay but calling rape goes too far in my opinion.

I could swear I read that in the letter section, but after a bit of googling, it does not seem likely. I have no idea where I got that idea from.
    No problem... I can see how Shadow Gear might imply stealth but... none of their abilities really match it. (Okay, they're not as flashy as others but even though) I just couldn't recall any instance of them being described as the stealthy ones. FT doesn't do stealthy, ever. I guess.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

10. - Top - End - #190
    Banned

No problem... I can see how Shadow Gear might imply stealth but... none of their abilities really match it. (Okay, they're not as flashy as others but even though) I just couldn't recall any instance of them being described as the stealthy ones. FT doesn't do stealthy, ever. I guess.
    Actually, their abilities are pretty good for stealth, since they are so subtle. Moving very fast is stealthy enough in most cases, Levy can "write up" stuff to hide behind or draw attention, the same goes for the plants.
    That said, FT has a very large cast and uses it a lot better than, say, Bleach or Naruto. They are all around, the at least show up at the background and they are relevant to the plot quite frequently. The author tends to give us reasons about why characters are not around and they usually make sense.
    That's probably what I like most about FT - even though it is so wacky, it's also internally consistent. It's very much like One Piece in that regard.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Its of course true that we dont have any actualy evidence for it, but i do think the evidence is strongly pointed in that direction.
    In the case of Dragon force being the desiding factor, then i mostly belive thats the case because its the only constant in Natsu's most extreme powerups in the fights vs Zero and Gerad.
    Oh the fact that he ate something ridiculously powerful (and in the battle with Zero chosen to give him a massive power boost) isn't a common factor?

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Oh the fact that he ate something ridiculously powerful (and in the battle with Zero chosen to give him a massive power boost) isn't a common factor?
    No, because normaly eating something powerfull doesnt make Natsu stronger, it just refreshesh him.

And thats not to mention we dont know anything about the proberties of the 2 widely different things he stuffed into his mouth, besides them being able to trigger Dragon Force.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

No, because normaly eating something powerfull doesnt make Natsu stronger, it just refreshesh him.
    Then what happened when he ate God-Slayer flames? During which he didn't go Dragon Force.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

And thats not to mention we dont know anything about the proberties of the 2 widely different things he stuffed into his mouth, besides them being able to trigger Dragon Force.
    You keep saying this and I see no proof. From all the evidence we have saying Natsu get's powered up (instead of just having his mana refilled) when he eats fire seems to be self evident.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

You keep saying this and I see no proof. From all the evidence we have saying Natsu get's powered up (instead of just having his mana refilled) when he eats fire seems to be self evident.
    That's because when natsu eats flames with too much energy he goes into an overcharged state allowing him to vent off more magic through dragon force and generally be awesome. All flames restore his mana, but some flames restore too much. One problem is the desity of the magic (flames). Once he eats flames that are too dense Natsu has problems digesting them, providing 'interesting' side effects.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Then what happened when he ate God-Slayer flames? During which he didn't go Dragon Force.
    Yes, what about it? Natsu has eaten flames lots of times without going into dragon force.
    Not to mention that it was specificly mentioned how Godslayer flames did not behave or act like normal fire.

Actualy to start with we have tons of indirect evidence for this in the comic, and to top that up we also have a direct quote from Happy saying that "Dragon slayers can replenish their strenght and stamina by consuming things made out of their element" (chapter 62), so yes, i do considder this proven.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Yes, what about it? Natsu has eaten flames lots of times without going into dragon force.
    Not to mention that it was specificly mentioned how Godslayer flames did not behave or act like normal fire.
    But it gave him a boost. And are your really saying that what he ate in the other two cases behaved liked normal fire?

Edit For Clarity: If as you stated, Natsu can't get a boost from eating something powerful except by it triggering Dragon Force, how do you explain Natsu getting stronger after eating Zancrow's Godslayer flames?
    Last edited by jindra34; 2012-10-15 at 04:13 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

But it gave him a boost. And are your really saying that what he ate in the other two cases behaved liked normal fire?

Edit For Clarity: If as you stated, Natsu can't get a boost from eating something powerful except by it triggering Dragon Force, how do you explain Natsu getting stronger after eating Zancrow's Godslayer flames?
    But eating the godflame didnt give Natsu a boost, he didnt become stronger, faster or tougher like when he entered DF, instead he just figured out a way to take Zancrows attack, and return it to him with interest.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

But eating the godflame didnt give Natsu a boost, he didnt become stronger, faster or tougher like when he entered DF, instead he just figured out a way to take Zancrows attack, and return it to him with interest.
    Called Dragon-God Slayer's Brilliant Flame. A more powerful version of an already seen attack that he could not have performed without prior eating of Zancrow's attack. How do you not call that a boost?

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Really... not that I want to ignore the disrespect toward Mirajane and Lisanna from Bacchus side but people keeping complain he'd threatened them with rape... it was smash talk. he didn't say "I will rape them", he made a stupid bet with Elfman who was stupid enough to to just ignore him. Not that what Bacchus did was okay but calling rape goes too far in my opinion.
    Even as Smack talk, them be some serious killing words.

I just realised I was stretching the heck out of this page... and darn it, one of the images was quoted...
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-10-16 at 07:16 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

New Chapter
    Spoiler
    Show

So Mavis had an strategy all planed out... my guess is waiting for the ranks to thin a bit and going for the big guys of other teams who at that point would be at least slightly winded while also increasing the chances of finding the leaders of the teams and thus getting more points. Here hoping for a really badass fight.

Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

22. - Top - End - #202
    Bugbear in the Playground

Bacchus continues to be a butt monkey. So much for Erza's equal =x.

The tactics seem counterproductive, also. It's not like eliminating Quattro Puppy members or some of the weaker ones in other teams will actually be exhausting for Sabertooth, Jura, or Kagura; the only thing that FT misses out on is free points from easily eliminated enemies.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

New chapter and answer at ^
    Spoiler
    Show
    well, let's say magic is based on resource (I know DS magic is a bit weird that way). The other guilds spend resources and level the playing field. this has 2 advantages: 1. you will keep more resources for the fights that are tougher, 2. you decrese the chances of being ambushed. Now when the field is a bit level, once everyone is engaged in a fight you can start sweeping the floor with those battles taking everyone out while they are busy. since natsu isn't present it would work because of cool thought, calculated measure and using your brain while fighting. (one side benefit: you can pick your fights and actually pit your strengths against their weaknesses)
    Last edited by Socratov; 2012-10-19 at 08:24 AM.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

24. - Top - End - #204
    Bugbear in the Playground

@^:

That makes sense in a match where The goal is to be the last man standing (like in a normal tRPG). However, point are earned in this event for defeating enemies, and the only differential between strong and weak mages is that the leader is worth 5 points. Thus, taking out Novally, Leon, or Sting is worth the exact same amount, and it is to any guild's advantage to farm the weak members first for points.

Also, none of the strong hitters are fighting each other at the moment. Saber is even specifically not going for Jura/Kagura, and from the actions of the other leaders they are likely thinking the same. It's really only luck and author fiat that Saber only managed to farm Bracchus - if they took out some of the weaker mermaids and puppies as well they'd be starting the showdown with a 10+ point lead.

Bottom line is, the strong hitters are avoiding each other and farming easy points, which Fairy Tail is missing out on. Taking out the two weaker Plamias isn't going to make Kagura any worse off if she then faces, say, Erza.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Seems like they were waiting for the other teams to split up so they could swoop in and defeat the other team leaders as a group presumably all the while knowing where the other team leaders will be due to the predictions.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Called Dragon-God Slayer's Brilliant Flame. A more powerful version of an already seen attack that he could not have performed without prior eating of Zancrow's attack. How do you not call that a boost?
    Se the previous answer?
    He just returned Zancrows own attack back with a bit of additional spin, try and compare the situation to when Natsu actualy got a boost.
    (what i mean is that its Zancrowns attack that got a boost, from Godflame to Dragongod flame, not Natsu)

Anyway, new chapter out, and surprisingly enough team Natsu actualy got a decent plan for getting to Lucy
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2012-10-19 at 05:31 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Se the previous answer?
    He just returned Zancrows own attack back with a bit of additional spin, try and compare the situation to when Natsu actualy got a boost.
    (what i mean is that its Zancrowns attack that got a boost, from Godflame to Dragongod flame, not Natsu)
    So using an attack that was, until he ate it, overpowering his own flames and powering it up at the same time doesn't count as a boost? And also if you are not willing to consider that a boost may not entail Dragon Force then I feel you are being absolutely close minded.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

So using an attack that was, until he ate it, overpowering his own flames and powering it up at the same time doesn't count as a boost? And also
    Yes, it counts as a boost, but in this case its Natsu doing the boosting, and the godflame that gains a boost.

if you are not willing to consider that a boost may not entail Dragon Force then I feel you are being absolutely close minded.
    I dont know where you get this part from, but its not something i have said.
    Just to start with Natsu has gotten several boosts from Wendy.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Yes, it counts as a boost, but in this case its Natsu doing the boosting, and the godflame that gains a boost.
    So eating, fulling internalising the energies of a spell, and then going and casting a spell using almost the exact same words and gestures he used when he used when he first cast it, makes the spell the one he ate.
    I dont know where you get this part from, but its not something i have said.
    Just to start with Natsu has gotten several boosts from Wendy.
    More drawing from how you are arguing. Also note Wendy's spells boost physical capabilities (by limb to be exact) not magical.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Minor Question, just because I've not been paying attention:

Spoiler
    Show
    Who'se the princess in the last page of the new chapter saying to start the project that would end the world? Or is this a new charater alert?