New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: PTA: Heralds of a New Dawn (IC)

A thin smile comes to Donny's face as the Houndour explains his terms. Well, I suppose that's up to your master, isn't it? He turns to Ennis and says, "Okay, Rawf, as he calls himself, likes to burn things. Especially children. Keep the baby talk to zero when he's around or you'll find that one out for yourself. When you do let him out, give him something to burn. Be it a stick, toy, pokemon, or child." He brings their plan to the forefront of his mind and portrays Rawf's part in it to the Houndour. I think you'll get your wish.
    Games GMed
    The Vanstermen: OOC - IC

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Rawf's brain slowly churns, before what can be called a grin spreads across his muzzle. FIRE! Rawf love fire! Rawf love Master! MASTER! Rawf charges at Ennis, tongue looling out his mouth. He jumps, pushing Ennis onto her bum, licking her face warming it with tiny wisps of flame.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Tarna types a hurried message in return - "Ok, will meet you there - Before hurrying through town to rendezvous with them.

When she arrives she nods to Aidan and Vlad. "Right, I guess we should find out where to look first, then we can go out 'hunting'." Tarna was excited for the day, but there was still some unease lingering in her mind about Fire-Types and arson.

Assuming the others concur, Tarna heads within the inn and looks about for someone who looks like a serious trainer.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis snuggles into the happy puppy. 'We gonna burn Muk up? Yes we are. Come on little doggy, lets go for a walk.' She pushes herself up, and turns to Donny. 'Might need to do something about the kid issue later, but I think I can control him for now. We got our main problem sorted. You up for some investigating?'

She sends a message to the others.

-we got one fire type. try and get more. investigating groudon info now-
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Gossipers

Ennis and Donny leave the gym in search of rumours about Groudon! But where did they go? They could head back to the Gym, or the Center. Maybe the Spa or the Inn. Or they could go to the town square, their might be some helpful people there.

Hunting Party

As the three of you gather in the Inn's lobby, the receptionist, a different girl much younger and peppier than the one who was there last night, addresses you. "Hello! How did you sleep? Have you heard the news? About Castelia?" She seems a bit giddy, but its obvious the news is not why she is so chipper.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan looks at the receptionist for a moment before saying, "Yeah, we heard... not exactly pleasant news, especially since I was there for the riots last time." Scowling for a moment before closing his eyes and shaking away the memories, he says, "Anyway, my friends and I were looking to round out our teams... with the way things are going, it just makes sense to be as prepared as possible. Any good places we might go around here to pick up some fire-types?"

Spoiler
    Show
    CHA check, if needed: (1d20)[18]
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2012-09-17 at 01:06 PM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh you haven't heard! They caught one of the guys who was sniping people from the rooftops! He was a tough bugger." She grabs a newspaper from behind the counter and hands it over. Plastered across the front page is a full color photo of Simon tackling a man in black fatigues, a large gun still in his hands. "They said they are still interrogating him. I bet he's a Rebel!"

She grabs Aidan's hand gentily "But if you want to diversify your teams, Lavardige has plenty of hunting spots. The outskirts of town have plenty of pokemon, as does Route 112. You could take the Cable Car up to the Mt. Chimeny summit, but its dangerous up there. I wouldn't want a cutie like you getting burned. You could find a cave into the mountain, but after Groudon left the volcanoe, the cave structures have been unstable. I would be so sad if I heard you got burried in a cave in. You could also look at Jagged Pass but its partially close. Groudon left a pretty big gash in the pass on his way to Sootopolis. Whereever you got sweetie, please be careful, ok?" The entire time she's gently caressing Aidan's hands, staring longingly into his eyes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Congrats, you seduced her by doing nothing!
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan blushes, before nodding. "Th-thanks, then..." he says, pulling his hands away from the woman gently, and saying to his companions, "Let's go..." and quickly making his way out, trying to will his blushing face back to normal.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis didn't feel like going into the gym. Not only was it a bad idea to be a rebel in a gym, but she didn't want her new puppy round kids before she had a chance to break him.

'Spa or Inn seems like the best place to ask round. Let's also ask after any flute makers in town.' If Donny had no objections, Ennis heads into the inn, to see who was hanging about at this time of day.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Donny, Ennis and Rawf stroll across the quaint town to the Inn on the outskirts. Rawf happily following Ennis he barks occassionally. Luckily, there are no children out at this hour, as they are all at school or the Gym. As the trio appraoch the Inn, Aidan bursts out of the front door, sporting a shade of red not believed to be possibly in humans. Rawf barks and spits an ember at the boy, nearly catching his clothes on fire.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan walks out of the inn, thinking, That was... awkward... I mean, why would she- whoa! Hot! He jumps at the sudden burst of flame, narrowly pulling his leg away, and looks at the group approaching. "Oh... you guys. Hey. We were just getting ready to head out of town and try to find some fire types... where'd you find this one?"
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2012-09-17 at 04:02 PM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Ennis was able to trade one of the Gligars for him. He's a bit of a pyro, though. Seems perfect for what we need," Donny says. He doesn't smile or really show any reaction to Rawf's spit of fire, but through the mental connection he says, Bad move. He's one of us. He's definitely not a kid.
    Games GMed

13. - Top - End - #223
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Dr. Kretznak follows Aiden a few moments later, cautiously stepping out of the shelter of the door after seeing the flames. "Oh, a demon dog," he says dryly upon seeing the source of the fire. "How delightful."

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Rawf tilts his head at Donny quizically. Celebration fire. Rawf smell his mating smell. Flame Tongue's lick with flame when mate successful.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

That doesn't make... Donny's thoughts trail off as he smells Aidan through Rawf's nose. A mix of sex, shame, and guilt that betrayed the young man's subconscious urges. Okay, I see what you mean. Just don't set him on fire, that would be like spraying you with water. As the doctor steps outside Donny nods to him and says, "Morning, Doc. This is Rawf. If you can't find any others, he'll gladly be our firestarter."
    Games GMed

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

'While you guys are looking for more Fire types, we are gonna ask around about big G, see if anyone has any leads or information on him that may be helpful. It'll only take a while, not gonna waste time with my own personal stuff. We ae also hunting for a flute master. We'll call you to meet up after we are done. Anything else you want us to ask about?'

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Tarna was still getting over the receptionist's behaviour, but the sight of a houndour almost incinerating Aidan brought back dour memories and she closed her eyes, pushing away the previous urge to laugh.

"I'd say we try route 112, that way if there's anything we can't handle we can quickly get back to civilisation, plus you guys should be able to find us easily."
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Yes, although ve may have one viable pokemon, ve should get more in case this vone is... indisposed." He lowers his voice. "Also, I would like to recommend ve keep the arson related talk to a minimum vhile in public."

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

Nodding, Aidan says, "Definitely a good idea... fortunately, there seems to be no shortage of fire types around here - excellent for filling holes in our teams. To Route 112, then."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Tarna briefly pops her head back into the lobby in order to ask for directions, before heading out with the other two in tow towards Route 112. As she goes she reaches a hand to her belt and releases Claw (an Eevee). Claw prances in front of her. "Right, come on you, we've got work to do: watch out for any pokemon nearby. Or anything else actually." She adds, thinking about League Trainers.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis gives Tarna a high 5 as she leaves. 'We'll catch you guys up soon. C'mon Don.' She moves into the inn and takes a look around, looking for someone who lived in the area.

She makes sure to return Rawf back to his pokeball before she goes in. Didn't want him eating any kids in the inn.
    Last edited by IrnBruAddict; 2012-09-19 at 11:37 AM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Dr. Kretznak releases his own pokemon, a Drowzee, and begins to head down the route, his eyes constantly moving to check the grassy areas around them.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Gossipers

As Ennis and Donny walk into the Inn, they notice it is remarkably empty. The only people in the lobby is a male and female trainers, obviously travellers, getting ready to check out and the cheerful receptionist who is staring at the door you just walked into lovingly.

Hunters

As you walk through town, you notice it has become full of activity. Merchant stalls are being set up throughout the streets and heavy foot traffic to and from the Center and Spa has started.

It doesn't take long for you to reach Route 122 proper.

Spoiler
    Show
    Someone roll 3 1d100s. You may make specifications of each roll, within reason. Bonus points if you describe how you go about hunting selectivly.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-09-19 at 08:24 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling three times, but since there are three of us, each of us could add a description.

Roll 1: (1d100)[42]

Tarna scrambles off of the main route, Claw ranging before her searching for scents or tracks. Tarna herself alternated between glancing above the treetops for signal fires, and advancing stealthily with pokedex raised to scan for nearby pokemon.

Roll 2: (1d100)[93]

Roll 3: (1d100)[73]
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

As they walk down the path, Vladmir speaks to the psychic pokemon next to him. "Feel for heat," he says. "Ve're looking for warm, fiery dreams."

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan looks around as he walks along the path, before releasing Eleara. "Alright, Elly," he says, "I want you to see if you can pick up scents from any Pokemon. Look for smoky scents - they're more likely to be fire types."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

'You talk to the love struck bimbo, I'll try the travelers. I doubt I'm her type' whispers Ennis. She walks over to the couple. 'Hey, you guys just get into town too? I was hoping to ask someone about the local flute makers who are supposed to live around here. Did you pass them on the climb up, or maybe know where they live?'

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[9]

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Donny nods as he and Masque walk over to the front desk. He takes a quick breath, thinking about his options, and then says, "Hi, I was here last night. I tore out of here so quick that I forgot that I needed to talk to you." He pauses a second longer to get his thoughts in order. "I've always wanted to catch a glimpse of Groudon, and from what I've learned, he's from around here. Could you tell me anything about him?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Charisma: (1d20-2)[5]
    Games GMed

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Ennis

The two look at you and with a small sneer. "Uh, no. Even if we knew, we wouldn't tell you. What are you, like 10? They shouldn't let little girls run around on the mountain. You'll get hurt little girl."

Donny

It takes a good 5 minutes of trying to get the girls attention before she even recognizes your existance. "Oh, uh, ya. Well Groudon used to sleep in Mt. Chimney. Then the whole business with Team Magma waking him, he kind of left. Here" she reaches under the desk and gives you a pamphlet entitled The Aqua/Magma Incident: War of the Gods which details the events that happened 5 years ago, but wasn't too insightful beyond that. "You can go up the mountain and look at where he slept, though its kind of dangerous. But I'm sure someone like..... you don't mind."

Hunters

As the trio walk along the path, Claw yips once and dashes into the brush alongside the road. More yipping, not all from Claw, can be heard from beyond the brush.

Spoiler
    Show
    Give me Spd, S/Def, and active mon(s) in your next post. You can go in mon-ablazing or you can go in cautiously, with a dex check. Your choice.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis reahes into her pocket and lights up a cigarette. 'Hey, didn't anyone ever tell you 'A small chest is a status symbol', you god damn human Miltank???' She reaches forward, grabs the girls bra, stretches it then lets it snap back onto her flesh with a sore twanging sound.

'YO WANNA' GO, YOU BITCH!! EEH???' Ennis's eyes were blood shot, and her hand was already on her belt, holding her pokeball.