New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Heralds of a New Dawn (IC)

Ennis picked up a food portion and fed it to the Torkoal, letting it eat as she moves herself between Masque and it, making it obvious she was still trying. She turned to the Rilou. 'Look kid, you are too weak yet. Your species learns a move called Force Palm. When you learn that, you can beat it. Come with me. I'll help you master that move. I'll make sure the Torkoal fights you. Come with me and I'll make sure you get stronger. Otherwise, I'll take this Torkoal and you'll never be able to beat it. No matter how strong you get, there will be a challenge you could never overcome. This one. Come with me and I'll train you every day till you can beat this guy once and for all.'

Spoiler
    Show
    Con: (1d20+2)[20]

Cha: (1d20)[13]
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

The Torkoal happily munches on the food, warm steam warming Ennis hand. Force Palm? I know Force Palm! The Riolu dashes forward, placing a palm on the Torkoal's backside releasing a pulse of energy, which pushes the Torkoal onto two legs, nearly tipping it over before landing back on all fours. The Torkoal barely pays attention to the blow and keeps eating. See? It no work! Make me stronger! Make Fire Turtle fight! The little pokemon stomps the ground furiously in frustration.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-09-27 at 12:46 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Alright Masque, back off for now. We'll do this her way, Donny says through his mental connection. He wasn't sure how Ennis would manage this, but it could very well be interesting.

Spoiler
    Show
    Con checks:
    (1d20+1)[6]
    (1d20+1)[18]
    (1d20+1)[9]
    Games GMed
    The Vanstermen: OOC - IC

4. - Top - End - #334
    Troll in the Playground

'I'm an Ace. With me, you'll be stronger than other pokemon, and I'll make you grow faster. Come with me and I'll make sure you have a rematch. I'll even buy you a TM to teach you a move to make you stronger against it.' Ennis tapped the Torkaol with her ball.

Spoiler
    Show
    capture roll: (1d100+5)[42]

Con check: (1d20+2)[18]

Cha check: (1d20)[3]
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

The ball absorbs the firey turtle easily, making the Riolu grin with joy. You make Fire Turtle fight now? He is practically jumping with joy.

Spoiler
    Show
    level 15, Female, 60%
    Knows Clear Smog Egg move
    White Smoke
    Calm nature
    Personality: Pretty damn passive. Food is a great motivator but also very distracting. Anything that isn't food or Super Effective hit will not ellicit any kind of response without some work. Roll d20+cha to get it to do anything besides sit there.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

'Not yet. You may be able to take the heat, but we need to get somewhere cooler, and fast. Now come with us and we'll fight soon.' Ennis tries to catch it, but the ball fails. 'Argh, well, come with me anyway. I'll catch you at the bottom of the mountain then get you a nice new TM. A ground move will make sure it takes notice of you.' Ennis goes over and picks up the cute little Rilou before making a B-line straight to the gondola down.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

The Riolu escapes your grasp and lands on your head gently. It seems he didn't want to be touched. He stands there on your head, perfectly balanced for the entire trip down.

The duo arrive back in town as the sun starts to set, about 6 p.m.

Spoiler
    Show
    Going on pause till the others get back.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Tarna picked up the new pair of pokemon, impressed with her work: she'd proved herself to the rest of the team by capturing two powerful pokemon in front of them, or she hoped that would be vindication enough.

She turned to the others. "I suggest we keep hunting whilst we have the rest of the day: may as well strengthen ourselves as much as possible."
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan nods, collecting his two captures. "I'm good to keep going... you able to handle it, doctor?" he asks the remaining member of their group, considering his injuries.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

Hunters

As you make your way back towards town, as the sun was starting to set, you hear loud cries in the distance. Running towards the sound, you see several short pokemon with gangly arms and legs and a tial, with pale fur, jumping up and down in a ring around a bare patch of ground. In the center of the patch is a large thick smoke cloud, obscuring your vision to anything within or past it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tell me active pokemon, you can start anywhere on Row 13. And Vlad ID's as Mankey.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-09-27 at 11:13 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Spoiler
    Show
    Tarna in I13 Claw in J13.

Tarna came to a halt, crouching slightly and holding back. The wilds all seemed intent on something else so she waited whilst the others caught up with her. She scanned the ape-like creatures and laid a hand on Claw's head to keep her still.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan looks at the creatures curiously, pulling out his dex to scan them with one hand while he slips Hisei's ball into his other, having recalled Elly after the previous battle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aidan's in G13. No active mon.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

13. - Top - End - #343
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Vladmir scans them with his own dex, while whispering to the others. "Those are Mankeys. Fighting type, not fire. As for what they're doing, no idea."

Spoiler
    Show
    Vlad in K13, #32 (Munna) in L13

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

The Mankey jump into the cloud, only their screeches being heard. They all pass out of the smoke. They seem even angrier, but don't seem any worse for wear. The smoke cloud billows outwards for a moment before receeding to its previous radius, otherwise unchanged.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm gonna try init a bit different, to test it out. the Mankey have a speed of 8 and the mysterious Smokescreeners have a speed of 5. So I'm leaving it up to you guys to know who has the init and who doesn't. Currently, your all still in surprise round, as nothing has noticed you yet, so act freely.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ettin in the Playground

Looking at the Mankeys attacking... whatever is in the cloud, Aidan says, "Not sure what that thing is, but why don't we flush it out?" Flipping out a Pokeball, he steps forward and releases Eleara at the center of the smoke. "Unleash your power, Elly, then get out of there!" The Eevee yips, releasing a burst of power that engulfs nearly the entire clearing, before darting out back to Aidan's side.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aidan will move to H12 release Eleara at K8. Elly will use Hidden Power, then move to H13.

Eleara: Hidden Power v EVERY MUKING THING IN THE CLEARING - AC: (1d20)[11] v 2 + Special Evasion, (1d12+12)[17] Flying Damage plus (1d12+6)[13] on Crit.

Aidan: Now at H12
    HP: 51/76
    DEX: +1
    DR: 5

Eleara: Released at K8, ends turn at H13.
    HP: 26/34
    DEF: 9
    SDEF: 9
    SPD: 7
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2012-09-30 at 09:43 PM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

Aidan's pokeball flies into the cloud, and a pulse of energy flies out from Elly, dropping 6 of the Mankey. Their is a cry of pain. Elly doesn't emerge from the cloud.

Spoiler
    Show
    50 Damage to Elly
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

17. - Top - End - #347
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Vladmir curses under his breath as the pokemon doesn't emerge. "Look's like ve're in it now" he mutters, and then orders his Munna forwards. "Send them to Dreamland, 32," he says, seemingly ignorant of the silly phrasing he uses.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dr. Kretznak: at K13, does nothing.
    HP: 52/68
    DEX: -2

#32: moves to L9, Yawn hits entire smokecloud, and M7.
    HP: 39/49
    SDEF: 10
    SPD: 2

Yawn:
    Makes all pokemon in its area fall asleep at the end of their next turn. Cannot miss.
    Last edited by Gaekub; 2012-09-30 at 11:06 PM.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Tarna struggled, unable to see where the others had disappeared to. Claw strained to get involved, so Tarna reluctantly ordered her forwards: "Use growl."

Spoiler
    Show
    Claw moves to J10 and uses Growl: AC 2/physical (1d20)[9]
    4m burst, hits everything but M7 and anything in L7 (I think).

HP: 26/39
    Speed: 12
    Sdef 10
    Def 5
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

32 heads into the cloud and an audible yawn is heard, but nothing else. Claw moves forward, growling menancingly at the cloud. Again, nothing happens.

Spoiler
    Show
    32 is at -1 Atk stage. Anything faster than 7 (including trainers), goes now.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

20. - Top - End - #350
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The doctor does nothing but watch the cloud intently.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dr. Kretznak: at K13, does nothing.

#32: At L9
    HP: 39/49
    -1 Stage ATK

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan grimaces at Elly's cry, waiting frantically for her to come out. When she doesn't emerge, he curses, rushing forward towards the cloud and pulling out her Pokeball. Looking around, he thinks for a moment, and mutters, "Damnit, Elly, please be alright..." as he attempts to recall the Eevee, calling out Zex at the same time and saying, "Alright, Zex, whatever's in this cloud? Take them down."

Spoiler
    Show
    Aidan moves to K11 and attempts to recall Eleara, while releasing Zex at K10.

Aidan: Recall Attempt(K9) - AC: (1d20)[16] v 2

Aidan: Now at K11

Eleara:
    HP: 26/34
    SDEF: 9
    SPD: 7

Zex: Released at K10.
    HP: 40/40
    DEF: 7
    SPD: 19
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Tarna darted forwards, arm up to shield her mouth from the gasses, and rushed into the smoke, Claw at her heels.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tarna moves to J9, just inside the smog and mega punches anything that isn't 32. Target against K9.

(1d20)[13] AC4 physical
    (3d10+17)[26]

Spoiler
    Show
    Claw moves through J8-L8 and uses Tackle against anything that isn't 32 or Tarna.

(1d20)[20] AC2 physical.
    (2d8+15)[20]
    Last edited by al'Lan Mandrag; 2012-10-02 at 08:08 AM.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

Tarna dashes into the smoke, smacking into something bulbous and coarse, who responds with a KOFFING!, which the ninja reflexivly punches. Claw dashes under the ninja's legs, a loud smack following before the Eevee emerges unharmed. Aidan's pokeball connects, as the Sneasel appears in front of the lad.

The Manky whoop, diving into the smoke. One swipes at Tarna, emerging on the other side. The other hits something, as it cries in pain, but it definatly wasn't 32 or Claw, before emerging from the smoke as well. The duo stares oddly at the party that had gathered on the otherside of the smokescreen, before getting really angry.

Vlad stares like a statue.

A strong breeze picks up, blowing away the smokescreen, revelaing 4 purple spheres floating in close proximity, and 1 of the same laying on the ground. 2 of them are awfully close to Tarna and 32. The one in the center spews a toxic cloud, poisoning all the PCs! (excpet Vlad). The one next to it tries to do the same but it was kind of redudant.... The two that were next to Tarna and 32 rear back and slam into both, knocking the wind out of them.

Vlad ID's these as Koffing and all of them looked pretty banged up. Then all the koffing fall asleep.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tarna takes 44damage.
    32 takes 17 damage.
    Mon with Speed of below 5 and above 7 and Trainers go.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-10-02 at 10:07 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

24. - Top - End - #354
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"32, get back here and protect yourself!" Vladmir orders as he pulls out a ball from his coat. He throws the sphere at one of the monkey pokemon while the Munna curls into a much larger sphere.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dr. Kretznak: at K13, throws a Basic Ball at M7.

#32: Moves from L9 to L13 and uses defense curl.
    HP: 22/49
    DEF: 11
    -1 Stage ATK
    +1 Stage DEF
    (Stages are already factored in to above stats)

Pokeball roll: (1d100+5)[37]

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan pulls out a ball of his own, flinging it at one of the Koffing even as he begins scanning the Pokemon. "Zex... shred them!" The Sneasel nods, moving forward and swiping relentlessly at the poison-types as he passes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aidan flings a Basic Ball at K4. Zex rushes forward, using Scratch on K1 and K5, and ends his turn at K7.

Aidan: Basic Ball - Capture Attempt: (1d100+5)[35]

Zex: Scratch v K1 - AC: (1d20)[15] v 2 + Phys Evasion ONLY, (1d12+20)[30] Normal Damage plus (1d12+6)[18] on Crit
    Zex: Scratch v K5 - AC: (1d20)[8] v 4 + Phys Evasion ONLY, (1d12+20)[28] Normal Damage plus (1d12+6)[12] on Crit

Aidan:

Zex: Now at K7.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

Vlad's pokeball collides with the Mankey, absorbing it. Aidan's does the same, capturing the Koffing. Zex dashes through the Koffing in front of him, dropping both. The remaining Koffing and Mankey look horrified.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ettin in the Playground

Seeing the two Koffing drop, Aidan says, "Alright, Zex, now put that last Mankey on ice!" Zex rushes back, forming a fist which glows with a pale blue power as he swings at the Mankey.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aidan uses Don't Stop to give Zex another Move/Shift. Zex moves back to K10 and uses Ice Punch on M6.

Zex: Ice Punch v M6 - AC: (1d20)[17] v 2 + Phys Evasion(Freezes on 19-20), (3d10+29)[45] Ice Damage plus (3d10+12)[35] on Crit.

Aidan:

Zex: Now at K10.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Tarna brings out a great ball and throws it at the creature she just punched.

Spoiler
    Show
    capture roll (1d100)[49]
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

The Koffing is absorbed handily. The Mankey turns into cold mush. All is quiet (except the poison eating at your insides).
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-10-03 at 02:07 AM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Tarna steps back, clutching her pokeball before transferring it to her pokedex and watching it vanish (it's her 7th 'mon): "These ones are out of it, so unless you want one or think they'll catch us up, I suggest we get going." She kneels down and gives Claw a quick scratch whilst checking her over for any injuries.

Spoiler
    Show
    Koffing's stats? Never mind, found it.
    Last edited by al'Lan Mandrag; 2012-10-06 at 07:13 AM.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show